AC:WW Discussion Thread - Visits/Trades/etc.

[quote name='Bezerker']im on a roll tonight, caught a stringfish, then tuna, then red snapper.[/QUOTE]

I had REALLY great fishing the other day. First a Coelacanth, then 2 Football Fish, a Stringfish, 2 Red Snapper, and dug up 2 Gyroids. That was within about an hour.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']I caught an Octopus! Yay![/QUOTE]

I caught syphillis.

Do NOT invite Blanka over. She's been around.

I've caught 2 football fish right in a row, are they rare? I just sold it to nook. do you guys keep your more uncommon fish? and if so then what do you do with them? and can someone give me a list to what fish are rarer than others? thanks.

EDIT: just caught an octopus

[quote name='Tybee']I caught syphillis.

Do NOT invite Blanka over. She's been around.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, i guess Blanka really does put a new meaning to 'painting her face white' (GWAHAH)

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I've caught 2 football fish right in a row, are they rare? I just sold it to nook. do you guys keep your more uncommon fish? and if so then what do you do with them? and can someone give me a list to what fish are rarer than others? thanks.[/QUOTE]

Like Indiana Jones, I generally believe these things "belong in a museum." But sometimes it's very tempting to pass Blathers on the way to Nook's...Like when you're $15k away from a house upgrade and land a stringfish. Then I've been weak. :cry:

I generally don't keep fish in my house because they take up too much space and don't look that neat. The only exception might be the goldfish or popeyed goldfish, which come in a cute bowl. The others I'm content to visit in the museum's aquarium.

That reminds me: Does anyone remember in the GCN version how one tiny fish (I think it was the killifish or maybe the guppy) was in the tank with all of the HUGEST fish like the stringfish, arapamia, etc. I always felt so sorry for that little guy and half expected him to be missing one day.

According to the guide these fish are "rare."

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if you want to be surprised by your catch

Koi
Goldfish
Popeyed Goldfish
Killifish
Freshwater Goby
Stringfish
King Salmon
Guppy
Angelfish
Piranha
Arowana
Dorado
Gar
Arapaima
Barred Knifejaw
Olive Flounder
Football Fish
Tuna
Blue Marlin
Ocean Sunfish
Hammerhead shark
Shark
Coelacanth

[quote name='levi333']According to the guide these fish are "rare."

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if you want to be surprised by your catch

Koi
Goldfish
Popeyed Goldfish
Killifish
Freshwater Goby
Stringfish
King Salmon
Guppy
Angelfish
Piranha
Arowana
Dorado
Gar
Arapaima
Barred Knifejaw
Olive Flounder
Football Fish
Tuna
Blue Marlin
Ocean Sunfish
Hammerhead shark
Shark
Coelacanth[/QUOTE]

Aye, but some fish are much more elusive than others. If I had a stringfish for every olive flounder I've caught, I'd be flush.

I finnaly had a coconut wash up last night and nook got an extra shovel in the shop so soon I hope to have a gold shovel and some coconuts for those who need them.

Yay, my nookington is open, they have some nice stuff. Found out that i now owe nook 598,000 for the 3rd floor he put on my house >

How do you get a gold shovel? Plant a shovel?

The only 'rare' fish I've caught are the Football Fish and Olive Flounder. Meh.

Thanks, wasn't sure if it was tyhe same from the GCN verison or not.

When I went to check stuf fout at town hall, I noticed the donate option. Pelly told me a sob story about a town without food, so I donated 2,800-some bells (to break even at 45,000 before donting 20,000 to my debt). So, is there a point to donating?

How the fuck are you supposed to ctach a fuckin' Bee? As soon as the nest falls I get my net, but they are already flying around my head. In the GCN version, time froze when you went to your inventory, so it was actually possible.

I know CAG'ers hate Gamefaqs, but cmon ppl, is your pride really that bad?

Here are the rewards for donating:

Unlockable How to Unlock
Green Feather Donate 10,000 Bells
Blue Feather Donate 200,000 Bells
Yellow Feather Donate 500,000 Bells
Red Feather Donate 800,000 Bells
Purple Feather Donate 1,100,000 Bells
White Feather Donate 1,400,000 Bells
Rainbow Feather Donate 6,400,000 Bells...(ouch)

sixersballernum3 - what I do for the bees is run a little bit then press x to goto inventory. The top screen will shows the bees have caught up, though. Still, select the net and then get ready - I usually press B then when the inventory box closes, I quickly and repeatedly press A for the net. It works about half or less than half of the time still.

[quote name='vgamergirl']

**OH! Mirin, if you're reading this: just wait till you see how cute the kitten/mommy reunion is ^_^ You'll love it. I was rewarded with a lilypad table...which is up for trade!

-V[/QUOTE]

Tira, guess what I received as a reward?!? A Papa Panda! :D Now I must get my hands on Mama and Baby!

I'm looking to collect the Japanese set as well, seeing as how I already have the white katana and samurai suit. Items wanted: Black Katana, Bow, Hearth, Ninja Sword, Screen, Sword, Tea Table. If any of you have these up for trade please drop me a PM.

Other stuff wanted:

Arched Window (wallpaper)
Music Room Wall & Floor
Library Wall
Persian Wall
Lucky Cat set (Black, Gold, Lefty)
Modern and Exotic furniture
Any World Icon items besides Pyramid

I have the following stuff for trade (pick up & drop, exchange or sell):

Furniture Series

Exotic: bed, bureau, wardrobe, lamp, chest
Ranch: couch, table
Classic: sofa
Regal: sofa
Blue: cabinet
Cabana: Wardobe
Green: lamp, counter
Cabin: wardrobe, table
Modern: bed, dresser, table
Robo: clock
Snowman: sofa, clock, lamp
Space: Spaceman Sam
Construction: iron frame
Mossy Garden: Picnic table, sprinkler
Nursery: Elephant Slide
Pirate: helm
Mad scientist: complex machine

Furniture Sets

White Chess: white bishop
Study: Writing Desk
Cafe: Checkout counter, cash register
Teddy Bear: Mama, Baby
Panda Bear: Papa
Red Furniture: Armchair, Sofa
Japanese: White katana, samurai suit
Vase: Tea vase, Blue vase
Welcome Kitty: Lucky Cat
Citrus: Grapefruit table, lime chair
Watermelon: Watermelon table
Yellow Flower: Daffodil chair
Drums: Conga drum
Bonsai: Hawthorn, plum, quince
Pine Bonsai: Pine Bonsai
House Plant: Corn plant, caladium, croton, bromeliaceae

Other furniture

Retro TV, retro stereo
Kitchen sink, kitchen corner, sink
doghouse
surfboard
Diver Dan
sunflower
daffodil
fireplace
owl clock
extinguisher
barber's pole
big festive tree
festive tree
outdoor bath
glass-top table
claw-foot tub
water bird
jack-in-the-box
basic painting
ebony piano, harp, japanese drum, harp, ukelele
billiard table
pinball machine
mountain bike
lantern
pyramid

Wallpaper and Carpet

Matching sets:

exotic wall & carpet
ranch wall & flooring
cabana wall & flooring
modern wall & tile
green wall & rug
lab wall & floor
pastel dot wall & rug
parlor wall & checkered tile
mod wall & ceramic tile
floral wall & palace tile
stately wall & round carpet
imperial wall & tile
bamboo wall & flooring
manor wall & opulent rug
exquisite wall & rug
stone wall & old flooring
lattice wall & kitchen tile
fairy tale wall & floor
mosaic wall & tile
plaster wall & birch flooring
illusion wall & floor
sky wall & cloud flooring
cityscape wall & stone tile
wood paneling & cowhide rug

Singles:

lovely wall
regal carpet
playroom wall
kiddie carpet
blue wall
cabin rug
backyard lawn
red tile
plaza tile
parquet floor
persian rug
tartan rug
old brick wall
citrus carpet
steel flooring
shanty mat

I also have many cool hats and shirts for trade. PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']How the fuck are you supposed to ctach a fuckin' Bee? As soon as the nest falls I get my net, but they are already flying around my head. In the GCN version, time froze when you went to your inventory, so it was actually possible.[/QUOTE]

It's incredibly hard to time, but once you equip your net, you have to exit your inventory screen right as the bees swarm BEHIND your head.

It'll take a few trys....

....for me, it took like 9487938453 tries :p It's worth it....'cause it feels like such a huge accomplishment when you actually catch one.

Hahaha, my character was constantly wearing masks and sunglasses for DAYS cause i was getting stung a million times a day.

[quote name='stoven79']Tira, guess what I received as a reward?!? A Papa Panda! :D Now I must get my hands on Mama and Baby!

I'm looking to collect the Japanese set as well, seeing as how I already have the white katana and samurai suit. Items wanted: Black Katana, Bow, Hearth, Ninja Sword, Screen, Sword, Tea Table. If any of you have these up for trade please drop me a PM.

Other stuff wanted:

Modern and Exotic furniture[/QUOTE]

Where do I find these items?

I'm still looking for stuff from the Japanese set, and any bonsai's you guys come across. Also, I'm looking for items from the Exotic set.

On a side note, anyone know how to make some good old NES tunes for their town tunes? I really want to make the Double Dragon title theme, or possibly the Legend of Zelda dungeon theme, or maybe the underground SMB theme. Anyone got some tips for those?

[quote name='stoven79']Tira, guess what I received as a reward?!? A Papa Panda! :D Now I must get my hands on Mama and Baby!

Other stuff wanted:

Modern and Exotic furniture[/QUOTE]

Heya Mirin! See! That was the Panda i was telling you about! How lucky :D

Ooo, ooo, i have the SWORD and HEARTH items. I'll glaaaaadly trade them for a Papa Panda if you're able to order an extra! Oh, and i have the following from the 2 sets you mentioned:

-modern sofa
-modern table
-modern lamp.

-exotic end table
-exotic lamp
-exotic chair
-exotic bed
-exotic bureau

And this is the stuff i'm still looking for:

-Robo bed
-Robo TV
-Robo lamp
-Robo closet
-Robo stereo

-Green lava lamp
-Purple lava lamp

-Papa Panda
-Mamma Panda
-Baby Panda

I'll be online on and off through the weekend :) Just post here or PM me with what you'd like me to order for ya!

-V

[quote name='vgamergirl']

-exotic end table
-exotic lamp
-exotic bed
-exotic bureau

-V[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in those 4 items. I dont have any of the robo items that you don't already have, but I'd be willing to buy those from you if possible.

Oops, I forgot I already have the bureau, so just the table, lamp, and bed.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Hmm, I just realized that Nook got rid of his raffles (Replaced by point system I guess). Too bad.[/QUOTE]

Those just pissed me off more than anything. I never got anything good from those!

Hi Justin and Tiramisu, please see my newly updated list of stuff for trade or sale here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1567606&postcount=217

Tiramisu, I just ordered you Papa Panda. Can I trade him for sword and hearth? I just need them to be in my catalog (that means pick up and drop only).

Also, would you be able to get me the Modern sofa and lamp as well as Exotic end table, chair and bed? If you don't have them in your stash can you order them for me? (will pay later)

[quote name='stoven79']Hi Justin and Tiramisu, please see my newly updated list of stuff for trade or sale here:

Tiramisu, I just ordered you Papa Panda. Can I trade him for sword and hearth? I just need them to be in my catalog (that means pick up and drop only).

Also, would you be able to get me the Modern sofa and lamp as well as Exotic end table, chair and bed? If you don't have them in your stash can you order them for me? (will pay later)[/QUOTE]

pm'd.

[quote name='stoven79']Hi Justin and Tiramisu, please see my newly updated list of stuff for trade or sale here:

Also, would you be able to get me the Modern sofa and lamp as well as Exotic end table, chair and bed? If you don't have them in your stash can you order them for me? (will pay later)[/QUOTE]

Yes! It's-a trade :D I'm giving you those two items, so 'no need for the pick-up-and-drop routine. 'Just take 'em!

I just ordered all the modern and exotic stuff you mentioned. Bells for this furniture would be cool... i'm trying to get my 2nd room addition!

**PS: Do you have the space cadet helmit by any chance....?

[quote name='jfunkdpg']I'm interested in those 4 items. I dont have any of the robo items that you don't already have, but I'd be willing to buy those from you if possible.

Oops, I forgot I already have the bureau, so just the table, lamp, and bed.[/QUOTE]

Ordered all 3 items for you. :)

[quote name='vgamergirl']Yes! It's-a trade :D I'm giving you those two items, so 'no need for the pick-up-and-drop routine. 'Just take 'em!

I just ordered all the modern and exotic stuff you mentioned. Bells for this furniture would be cool... i'm trying to get my 2nd room addition!

**PS: Do you have the space cadet helmit by any chance....?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have the Space Helmet! I'll trade you the helmet, Papa Panda + 8k bells for:

Sword
Hearth
Modern sofa, lamp
Exotic bed, chair, end-table

How does that sound?

I'll be gone for 3 weeks in the philippines, so unless theres a wireless access point at my hotel, or some way at my uncles, I won't be able to get online. But I will still be playing offline, and I'll be coming on here from my laptop.

Peace all.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']WTF? What's the password to Redd's?[/QUOTE]

Talk to every single villager in your town....one of them will casually tell you at the beginning of the conversation.

I'd give you mine...but it's different for each town, from what i understand.

[quote name='stoven79']Yes, I have the Space Helmet! I'll trade you the helmet, Papa Panda + 8k bells for:

Sword
Hearth
Modern sofa, lamp
Exotic bed, chair, end-table

How does that sound?[/QUOTE]

Whoo! It's a deal! 'Hope to run into you and Justin this weekend :D

[quote name='vgamergirl']Whoo! It's a deal! 'Hope to run into you and Justin this weekend :D[/QUOTE]

Will try to open my gate later this evening.

[quote name='JAMMR']I can't seem to use the slingshot effectively... what's the trick?[/QUOTE]

Go all the way to the top of the screen to use it. That's the only way I got it to work.

Has anyone found anything to shoot with the slingshot yet? I haven't. ;-;

I'm still searching for the darn guide, too. Stupid Target!

Yay, my orchard is almost complete, my apples, peaches, oranges, pears, and cherries have all "bloomed". Now all i need is a coconut.

bread's done
Back