Ace Combat 5 only $4.99 at SEARS! Major YMMV

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Mishimaryu'][quote name='Scorch']For real.. after all the trouble I went through, I wouldn't mind a cheap copy.. lol[/quote]

I don't get what u mean you robbed Sears man, 7 copies of AC 5!!![/quote]

Um, that was Slidecage. I don't have any AC5's.

Ebay is flooding with AC5 now. I seller I checked lives 3 miles away from me. I guess he pricematched the hell out of BB or CC.

Which is why I don't want one to sell. Ebay hoarders are idiots.. they don't think. If the game's widely available at 4.99 and they have the "bright idea" to get some to sell on ebay, ten thousand other people will have the same idea, and the market will be flooded.[/quote]

Probably gonna wait a couple weeks b4 I tack on my AC5 on ebay. Wait for the market to balance out.

Earlier in the morning got a copy of ac5 for $.53 at a local CC...so i thought i had a good day, well later on my friend and i decide to go to gamecrazy before we head out for the night, so i get there thinking i had a total of 3 something on my account only to find out that it was actually 38.90, so that was a pleasant suprise, so i go through the xbox games and find a used copy of xmen legends for around 37, so im in line waiting to get checked out, then i over hear a man saying how he bought San Andreas here two days ago but wants to return the game, but he doesnt have the reciept but has credit card proof of some sort, after speaking to another gamecrazy employee, they agree that they can only give him 28 dollars in credit, i quickly offer up 25 dollars, and before i knew it, i was walking out of the store with Gta:SA.....so for two games that are both 49.99, i got for 25.53...not bad if i do say so myself.... :D

Well got my copy of AC5 on Friday at WM , then went to Sears 7 am Sat. to get some I saw on Friday, but it was already gone. I had an ad already, but I picked up 2 more ads at the store b4 i left just in case. Then proceeded to Wal-Mart where I got it PM, then to another WM for another PM, then a TRU for a PM. Shot down at Comp USA(no stock), CC(lady called), BB(girl called), the WM I was at on Friday(wouldn't honor any more), another CC(guy called), and another WM(said deal only good from 7-12 pm). So I got 4 total with 1 for me and the other 3 for my cousins and homies.
Not a bad day considering I worked a full 8 hour shift on both Friday and Saturday.

[quote name='62t'][quote name='n00bie']
By the way, I also think the people that are buying more then 1 copy at one store are greedy. If you go to 5 different stores, and get 5 games, sure, that takes alot of effort, and you earned it. But why not share your wealth with some people that couldn't get the game?[/quote]

How is that different from a person went to 4 store and counldn't get it, but got 3 copies at the fifth store?[/quote]

You should only try for one at each store.

Damn, is there a better pic of the ad? All I have is that scanned copy where AC5 is circled...anyways, Italked to walmart on the phone, and held a copy, they SAID I shouldnt have any trouble...lets hope I get 1...or 2 copies...

I'm playing it right now. It more of the same if you played AC4. An Online mode would have rocked. Maybe AC6 will be an Xbox Live game, we can only hope. Anyway, still the best 51 cents I've ever spent.

[quote name='smartasien'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Mishimaryu'][quote name='Scorch']For real.. after all the trouble I went through, I wouldn't mind a cheap copy.. lol[/quote]

Ebay is flooding with AC5 now. I seller I checked lives 3 miles away from me. I guess he pricematched the hell out of BB or CC.

Which is why I don't want one to sell. Ebay hoarders are idiots.. they don't think. If the game's widely available at 4.99 and they have the "bright idea" to get some to sell on ebay, ten thousand other people will have the same idea, and the market will be flooded.[/quote]

Probably gonna wait a couple weeks b4 I tack on my AC5 on ebay. Wait for the market to balance out.[/quote]

By then the people willing to pay more for their copy of AC5 have already gotten theirs, and used copies are most likely selling for less at places like EB and GS by then. Time is never on your side unless it's some rare RPG with an extremely limited production run like Suikoden II.

AC5 just came out at the end of October, so it still has a $25 trade in rate at Game Crazy, not sure what it is at EB but it should be the same or less.

[quote name='smartasien'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Mishimaryu'][quote name='Scorch']For real.. after all the trouble I went through, I wouldn't mind a cheap copy.. lol[/quote]

Probably gonna wait a couple weeks b4 I tack on my AC5 on ebay. Wait for the market to balance out.[/quote]

Hook a fellow CAG up with your copy.

i went to my sears last night and picked up the ad. Like others said, my ad also had dvds in place of the games, so i couldnt price match.

oh well, i did pick up unreal championship and tekken tag; so its still cool, thanks for the heads up fellow cag :wink:

[quote name='EnderBui']Most of us wanted to trade it in to make a profit. Not play it.[/quote]

At least this CAG bought it to play it, not make profit on it. And I know I'm not the only one here that did the same thing.

Much better deal than the friggin flight stick set at EB. Am I like the only person in the world who bought that?

[quote name='Final Starman']AC5 is an amazing game, I thought it was a deal at $33 (TRU sale) but for $5? Damn.[/quote]

Try $0.49 from PM at CC. :D

eBay hasn't been flooded by copies of Ace Combat 5, it has been in steady decline the past two weeks (it was usually around 200, and now it is a bit lower). At least not yet...

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='EnderBui']Most of us wanted to trade it in to make a profit. Not play it.[/quote]

At least this CAG bought it to play it, not make profit on it. And I know I'm not the only one here that did the same thing.[/quote]

I'm about 9 missions into the game. I got mine for the express purpose of playing it, since I've been wanting to get back into the series for a long time now.

Just recently started visiting this site, and I must thank the individual with the Sears lead. Used yesterday to "shop around" and managed 11 copies of AC5 from three Wal-Marts and a TRU. Quite hilarious too see the managers thumb over the ads numerous times, only to relenquish the deal to me. Did have my fair share of turndowns, but those were humerous as well. One Wal-Mart actually told me that they contacted Sears and were told that the ads were for "demos of the games, not the real games". Considering I had already taken two copies from that store earlier, I didn't press my luck and argue. Thanks again.

does anyone have a scan of the WHOLE ad, including dates and name of store, I might be able to convince my walmart into giviing me the game for that price, even though the date is expired.

Though my Sears didn't have AC5 available (they were probably hiding it in the back), I did manage to score Ace Combat 4 for $5 after discussing it with the department manager. Great game for an incredible price. Glad I took the time to look into this. :)

Steve A.

[quote name='clariste']Just recently started visiting this site, and I must thank the individual with the Sears lead. Used yesterday to "shop around" and managed 11 copies of AC5 from three Wal-Marts and a TRU. Quite hilarious too see the managers thumb over the ads numerous times, only to relenquish the deal to me. Did have my fair share of turndowns, but those were humerous as well. One Wal-Mart actually told me that they contacted Sears and were told that the ads were for "demos of the games, not the real games". Considering I had already taken two copies from that store earlier, I didn't press my luck and argue. Thanks again.[/quote]

And the Kansas CAGs are cursing your name for hoarding that many copies.

11? WTF do you need that many of them for? :shock:

[quote name='buster90']^^^

I don't think many people were able to get it from CC...CC likes to call which is a problem. Still fopr $5 its a steal.[/quote]

That doesn't surprise me, since I think I had a fortunate PM opportunity.

My Sears had 1 copy the first time I checked, but nobody was willing to help me, and I was only on a break from work, so I didn't have time to sit and hunt someone down. When I went back, it was gone; I'll assume it was just taken from the shelves. Toys R Us did a no-questions-asked price match. Best Buy was going to call Sears, which may or may not have been a success for me, but I didn't have time to sit and find out. CC didn't have Ace Combat 5 at all. EB Games gave me some shit about how corporate policy changed like a year ago and they don't do price matching anymore.

I was tempted to go back to TRU to get another copy, but I didn't want to look like a greedy fuck, and I didn't want to press my luck.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='clariste']Just recently started visiting this site, and I must thank the individual with the Sears lead. Used yesterday to "shop around" and managed 11 copies of AC5 from three Wal-Marts and a TRU. Quite hilarious too see the managers thumb over the ads numerous times, only to relenquish the deal to me. Did have my fair share of turndowns, but those were humerous as well. One Wal-Mart actually told me that they contacted Sears and were told that the ads were for "demos of the games, not the real games". Considering I had already taken two copies from that store earlier, I didn't press my luck and argue. Thanks again.[/quote]

And the Kansas CAGs are cursing your name for hoarding that many copies.

11? WTF do you need that many of them for? :shock:[/quote]

My guess: eBay and trading in for other games.

Most of my 11 copies will go as gifts, both friends and family. Probably keep one to myself, and probably turn over one or two to Hastings or Gameco.....Gameco will give $28 store credit, so not bad there.

[quote name='clariste']Most of my 11 copies will go as gifts, both friends and family. Probably keep one to myself, and probably turn over one or two to Hastings or Gameco.....Gameco will give $28 store credit, so not bad there.[/quote]

I was wondering, who picked them up and why I did not see a single copy. Thanks.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='clariste']Most of my 11 copies will go as gifts, both friends and family. Probably keep one to myself, and probably turn over one or two to Hastings or Gameco.....Gameco will give $28 store credit, so not bad there.[/quote]

I was wondering, who picked them up and why I did not see a single a copy. Thanks.[/quote]

Hopefully you're on his gift list, masha.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='clariste']Most of my 11 copies will go as gifts, both friends and family. Probably keep one to myself, and probably turn over one or two to Hastings or Gameco.....Gameco will give $28 store credit, so not bad there.[/quote]

I was wondering, who picked them up and why I did not see a single copy. Thanks.[/quote]

Went to Overland Park, Lawrence, Bonner Springs areas in KS, in case you were in that area. Some places worked, some didn't. Mostly depended on the competency of the staff on hand.

[quote name='clariste']Most of my 11 copies will go as gifts, both friends and family. Probably keep one to myself, and probably turn over one or two to Hastings or Gameco.....Gameco will give $28 store credit, so not bad there.[/quote]

why don't you trade or sell some here? some people weren't as lucky as you to get them for $5 and under with the price match. try and be a helpful person to this site and not one of those greedy s.o.b.'s that nobody likes.

[quote name='clariste'][quote name='masha'][quote name='clariste']Most of my 11 copies will go as gifts, both friends and family. Probably keep one to myself, and probably turn over one or two to Hastings or Gameco.....Gameco will give $28 store credit, so not bad there.[/quote]

I was wondering, who picked them up and why I did not see a single copy. Thanks.[/quote]

Went to Overland Park, Lawrence, Bonner Springs areas in KS, in case you were in that area. Some places worked, some didn't. Mostly depended on the competency of the staff on hand.[/quote]

I do leave in OvP.

If you see a Russian guy ... you better run Forest run :bouncy:

I KeeD , I KeeD.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='clariste'][quote name='masha'][quote name='clariste']Most of my 11 copies will go as gifts, both friends and family. Probably keep one to myself, and probably turn over one or two to Hastings or Gameco.....Gameco will give $28 store credit, so not bad there.[/quote]

Went to Overland Park, Lawrence, Bonner Springs areas in KS, in case you were in that area. Some places worked, some didn't. Mostly depended on the competency of the staff on hand.[/quote]

I do leave in OvP.

If you see a Russian guy ... you better run Forest run :bouncy:

I KeeD , I KeeD.[/quote]

What stores did you try in the OP area?

[quote name='Ivanhoe']do u need to bring in the sears ad?

also what about rainchecks from sears?

I didnt read the 10000 pages on posts. sorry .[/quote]

It was Saturday only.

I had an interesting Saturday. I started off the day at my local Sears, my g/f and I were the first two there about half an hour early after reading about some other stores opening before seven am. The video game section was untouched so I grabbed one of each and an extra copy of a few titles to trade or sell to cover my bad video game habit. The store I went to didn't have AC5 but carried a couple extra titles like Crazy Taxi and Deer Hunter on PS2.

Afterwards we swung by Robinsons May looking for a Christmas decoration that was supposed to be on hold for us that was sold to someone else. So we spent the rest of the morning looking for another one. We ended up finding what we figure was the last one in SD that was a display model that was 'broken'. It turned out it was easily fixed so we bought it.

Since we were there we decided to hit the Sears attached to that mall, it was after noon so we didn't think we would find anything. The games we're pretty much picked thru, but we helped a lady find a couple $5 GC games for her child. On top of the glass case where the games were, there was a large sign that stated all pink labeled games were 50% off thier listed price. It seems who ever was pricing the games didn't bother changing the roll when the started putting prices on the games that were only supposed to be marked down, not clearanced out. So all of EA's 05 lineup were pink labeled for $29.99. Some guy pointed that out to the employee working the section who freaked out and tore down the sign but told us he would honor that 50% off but we could only get two games each. So we pick up a couple copies of Madden '05 and NBA Live '05 for $15, not too shabby. On top of all this, I found a copy of dothack pt 2 that I asked the cashier to price check for me hoping it was on sale for $5. It rang up for $3.98 but he kindly offered to sell it to me for $5 ;)

So overall, a pretty good day. And we added another decoration to the collection ( www.christmasonknobhill.com ) If you're in the San Diego area come check it out. =)

Weird. The sign is up here, but Madden 05 is there for 15.

It's funny how freaked out these Madden fanboys get.. they spend $50 or $55 for a new copy.. then around 3 months later, it's down to $10 or $15.. funny.

[quote name='Scorch']Weird. The sign is up here, but Madden 05 is there for 15.

It's funny how freaked out these Madden fanboys get.. they spend $50 or $55 for a new copy.. then around 3 months later, it's down to $10 or $15.. funny.[/quote]

Just one more reason I'm glad I bought ESPN NFL 2K5 for $15-something and NHL 2K5 for $14.99. Much happier in my wallet, and the gameplay is better.

Well some of you had better luck than I. Sears was out of stock by the time I arrived and they had a sign up stating game prices were a misprint but they would honor them for the day.

Went to WalMart and waited while they went through 3 different managers. Finally was denied the PM for ACE 5 because they noted the Sears print ad had an RP rating on the photo of ACE 5 and the actual game was rated T. They gave me that line that the game advertised by Sears must be a demo because of the RP and that they had in the back a copy of AC5 with the RP rating and that was a demo. I was only picking it up as a deal for my nephews -who it turns out don't really like flying sim games so..

Went on to BB and they held me up for 15 mins trying to call Sears and confirm price and that they had it in-stock. This seems to be their bail out clause, cuz Sears confirmed the prices but since they didn't have it in stock, BB said they don't have to PM.

Finally a last try at CC but they had none of these games in stock...sigh... well it must have not meant to be for me - no biggie... Thanks for the heads up OP.

Based on comments here, I should have tried at TRU but I was tired of running around for games I only marginally wanted. If I had picked an extra copy of AC5 up, I was going to trade it in for credit to EB (no Game Rush around for me) and see if I could pick up DOA Xtreme Volleyball - in retrospect its probably all for the better that none of this actually happened....

[quote name='borg20001']Well some of you had better luck than I. Sears was out of stock by the time I arrived and they had a sign up stating game prices were a misprint but they would honor them for the day.

Went to WalMart and waited while they went through 3 different managers. Finally was denied the PM for ACE 5 because they noted the Sears print ad had an RP rating on the photo of ACE 5 and the actual game was rated T. They gave me that line that the game advertised by Sears must be a demo because of the RP and that they had in the back a copy of AC5 with the RP rating and that was a demo. I was only picking it up as a deal for my nephews -who it turns out don't really like flying sim games so..
[/quote]

That's why, on games that have conflicting pictures/ratings, you buy first at full price, then price adjust with your *receipt and ad only* without bringing your game in the day or week of the sale. That way they can't give you that stupid excuse.

My Wal-Mart was about to cough it up, but would't cough it up overall because they considered the Sears sale a "Gimmick Sale". They said they don't match one day sales. I had success elsewhere, though...

bread's done
Back