Ace Combat 5 only $4.99 at SEARS! Major YMMV

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='rawisjericho'][quote name='buster90']I think Wal-mart is the best chance. Most employees there are clueless and don't know anything.[/quote]

This is very true. Wal-Mart likes to put some of the dumbest people who know nothing about electronics in that department. I am probably the biggest videogame person in the whole store and they have me push carts and put old people back in electroncis. Just to show you how much they know, I've called up there two different times to ask a question about videogames. Once I called and asked if they had the new "XCubestation" and they said that they did but was sold out. Another time I called and asked for "Grand Turismo: San Andreas" and they said we were sold out of that too. It is now my personal mission to stick it to the man known as Wal-Mart. If everyone can, go to Wal-Mart and clean out their Ace Combat 5 games. :)[/quote]

Think of it like this though. If some idiot called you while you were working and asked about a game you KNEW didn't exist such as Gran Turismo San Andreas would you rather explain that they must be confused (and thereby take the chance of pissing them off) or would you rather say its out of stock (and quickly get them off the phone).[/quote]

Not to mention that it sounds close enough to the actual title of the game to trigger the "Oh, yeah, I've heard that name before" reaction. I mean, if it was a bad enough connection, "Tourismo" could even sound like "Theft Auto" -- same number of syllables, and both end in "oh". "XCubestation" is unforgivable, though.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Since I'm a 'devil' customer, I'll try to PM Ace Combat 5 at Best Buy and use my Best Buy Bucks to pay for it.[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :twisted: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll probably pick up two AC5's myself. One for me, and one as a christmas present for my cousin. He'll think I'm the coolest cousin ever.

FYI Ace Combat 5 nets $28 at Gamerush. Minus the $5 you paid you will make a $23 profit.

Don't know about ebgames. or gamestop.

If I actually find this ad in a local paper next week, which I pray I will, then I'll be all over all of these, PM'd from CC.

keep in mind there is a $45 difference, so PM will be more difficult (i.e they are more likely to call to see if that's the correct price). They will likely try find some excuse to refuse yo give you a PM.

[quote name='62t']keep in mind there is a $45 difference, so PM will be more difficult (i.e they are more likely to call to see if that's the correct price). They will likely try find some excuse to refuse yo give you a PM.[/quote]

I agree. Especially with the 10% figured in as well. Like someone said before, Wal-Mart might be your best bet.

what I doubt this will work from 50 to 5 cmon now, aren't they going to call the other store if you do try to price match anyways? I had this happen to me since the other store has to have it in stock.

50 cents for a new games? I am sure they'll call unless the person is an idiot or hate the store he is working at.

PM question, you gotta buy it first, then price match to get your money back right? then damn, i dont have 50

That is true for some store such as BB, but circuit city you just bring in the ad and they'll pricematch it and give you 10 % off. As for my local BB, they won't give you 10% off unless you bought it at the regular price and bring back the game and add, then they'll give you 10% off the difference.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']PM question, you gotta buy it first, then price match to get your money back right? then damn, i dont have 50[/quote]

No, just bring the ad.

Also I would point out that getting several copies will likely make your PM harder to do. If you try to PM one copy you will save $45. 2 copies $90. That's a lot of money, and the more copy you try to buy, the more likely they will notice something is wrong.

There is only one sure way of getting a PM, and thats to use a credit card that does PM for you (like AMEX BVG which PM ANY print ad). Of couse, it is probably too late to get one

[quote name='zewone']God, I hope I can get someone to pricematch it.[/quote]

Agreed. I am hoping the same thing. Too bad I don't know anybody that works at BB or CC.

I'm taking my printed ad to Walmart, PMing it, taking the receipt to Sears, PM Walmarts Price, and getting the game for $0.50. That way, I don't take the printed ad to Sears first, since the cashier can just pick up an ad and look at the mistake.

I'm glad i know somebody that works at CC. I'm buying 3 of them. One for me to play, one to trade, and 1 for a Christmas present. $15 and tax, hopefully it should be beautiful.

If someone can actually get this and can grab an extra I will pay 6 bucks for it. I dont have a Sears in convient distance away. It would be much appreciative and I would be forever in dept.

damn nice find OP, I am going to try and get ace combat 5, if not I will still try to get ace combat 4, and armed and dangerous. BTW OP, how did you get the ad? or is that link from another person?

I think I'll try to price match it at Wal-Mart. I doubt I can get a copy at Sears on time.

By the way, all hope is lost if a fatwallet person finds out so, I dunnno, don't tell anyone!!! Other than here of course.

how can make .50$ ?? sears 4.99 then bb pm only same price.. or cc only 10% off .. ex) takken tt by cc 19.99 then pm sears 4.99 = 15.00$ 10%off so.. 4.99 - 1.50 = 3.49+tax... right??

[quote name='ReggAe']how can make .50$ ?? sears 4.99 then bb pm only same price.. or cc only 10% off .. ex) takken tt by cc 19.99 then pm sears 4.99 = 15.00$ 10%off so.. 4.99 - 1.50 = 3.49+tax... right??[/quote]

First off all, that post made no sense. Ace Combat 5 is supposed to be $49.99, while Ace Combat 4 was originally $14.99, and supposed to be on sale for $4.99 this week. Sears goofed, marking Ace Combat 5 for $4.99. BB or CC will PM the ad along with 10% of the difference. The difference is $45. 10% of $45 is $4.50. $5.00 - $4.50 is $.50 making the game fifty cents.

[quote name='suko_32']I think I'll try to price match it at Wal-Mart. I doubt I can get a copy at Sears on time.

By the way, all hope is lost if a fatwallet person finds out so, I dunnno, don't tell anyone!!! Other than here of course.[/quote]

It is already on FW, as well as several othjer site.

Wal-Mart and TRU would be good places to PM. You won't get it for 50 cents, but $5.00 is still a good deal and most likely they'll have copies in stock.

Can someone please tell me where to find this ad. The Sun paper for which day? Or is it in store? If it is I'll go to Sears tomorrow.

Anyone think this is odd that they would have ANY of these games for $4.99? Is this ad from another site? Maybe photoshopped from $14.99?

IF the AD is for the 20th Im 99% sure the Ad will be in Friday morning paper (maybe thursday nights) Unless they pull one of these stupid things where they put the ad in Saturdays paper .. I will say the ad looks funny like its not real

[quote name='62t'][quote name='suko_32']I think I'll try to price match it at Wal-Mart. I doubt I can get a copy at Sears on time.

By the way, all hope is lost if a fatwallet person finds out so, I dunnno, don't tell anyone!!! Other than here of course.[/quote]

It is already on FW, as well as several othjer site.[/quote]

Well, that shaq-fuing killed it for us then.

[quote name='Wshakspear']IT WILL BE IN THE THANKSGIVING DAY PAPER. Thats when the BF/TGweekend ads come out.[/quote]

The problem is that we have not determined if it is a black friday deal.

theres talk on other webpages that the ad is fake ..... It doesnt look like it is the thanksgiving ad .... The thanksgiving ad layout looked differently

Some dude on page 2 said he saw it... Why would someone make a fake ad? That's just a slap in the face to all us penny pinchers :(

How do I get BB, CC or WalMart to price match? Can I just bring a purchase receipt or do I need an actual ads?

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='Wshakspear']IT WILL BE IN THE THANKSGIVING DAY PAPER. Thats when the BF/TGweekend ads come out.[/quote]

The problem is that we have not determined if it is a black friday deal.[/quote]

It's not the black friday ad. The Sears BF ad has been scanned and is available at bf2004.net

this wasn't in the sears ad for next week that i saw....they had a page with maybe 5 gba games at the bottom of the page and that was it for the gaming section....nothing especially cheap

why isn't this in the sears ad online

http://sears.crossmediaservices.com...siteid=171&r=12561.033962E-03&storeID=2156651

these ads go on until the saturday the 20th. i

is there gonna be another sears ad coming within the week

the 5 buck sale is this saturday right (11/20)?
do stores price match copied ads? if so, can someone make a better scan of the ad

man, i would love to get in on this...they would make good trade ins and good christmas presents since my family comes from a miltary background.

thansk for any help

bread's done
Back