Ace Combat 5 only $4.99 at SEARS! Major YMMV

You're not going to get it at Sears...
They'll have an ad correction posted on the doors and in the videogame section... unless you like in one of the rare states with laws to compel them to honor it, so long as there is an ad correction, they don't have to honor the price.

Whether or not other stores will price match that ad is an entirely different issue... that's where the YMMV will appear on this one. If this is actually this weekend's ad, there will be an ad correction posted in the store so quickly it will make your head spin.

I guess I may try this when I get the ad....I usually get all my sale ads in the Saturday morning paper.

$5 and sell it for $30 or more....go me

Don't get your hopes up.
If there are people that come in here this weekend and start to complain about how unfairly Sears (or any other store for that matter) treated them due to this sale, I'll laugh right in thier faces... unless compelled by law, stores aren't going to just bend over and take $30+ loss per unit because some lamebrain in the printshop put the wrong picture in the ad.

In fact, I wouldn't be too shocked if Sear just decided to pull Ace Combat 5 off of the shelves until after the sale is over just to not have to deal with the whiny hordes that decend on them (and to minimize the chance they could create a situation where they could create a disgruntled customer).

[quote name='JSweeney']Don't get your hopes up.
If there are people that come in here this weekend and start to complain about how unfairly Sears (or any other store for that matter) treated them due to this sale, I'll laugh right in thier faces... unless compelled by law, stores aren't going to just bend over and take $30+ loss per unit because some lamebrain in the printshop put the wrong picture in the ad.

In fact, I wouldn't be too shocked if Sear just decided to pull Ace Combat 5 off of the shelves until after the sale is over just to not have to deal with the whiny hordes that decend on them (and to minimize the chance they could create a situation where they could create a disgruntled customer).[/quote]

During the CC $4.99 sale, I had WalMart do two PM's for product that they had that CC also had. They did two of them and were about to do a third when a manager came over and overrode the third one, since they were taking a $25 hit on one of them, and they had more of them on the shelf.

It wasn't a print ad I gave them, but CC did confirm it over the phone, so they ended up doing it on the two.

I would be shocked if Sears didnt have huge disclaimer notices up for this one, but we'll have to see how it goes. I'm sure they'll put it and say "We made a mistake". I know how this one will probably go down, so I'm not getting my hopes up. If I do get it, then great. If not, whoops, it was a mistake.

During the CC $4.99 sale, I had WalMart do two PM's for product that they had that CC also had. They did two of them and were about to do a third when a manager came over and overrode the third one, since they were taking a $25 hit on one of them, and they had more of them on the shelf.

It wasn't a print ad I gave them, but CC did confirm it over the phone, so they ended up doing it on the two.

I would be shocked if Sears didnt have huge disclaimer notices up for this one, but we'll have to see how it goes. I'm sure they'll put it and say "We made a mistake". I know how this one will probably go down, so I'm not getting my hopes up. If I do get it, then great. If not, whoops, it was a mistake.

That's the healthy way to look at it, shrike...
many of the people in this thread are talking like it's an absolute, it's gonna happen, and they already have 3-4 copies of it sitting in thier bag.

[quote name='rabbitt']I think someone said this, but don't you think that they're gonna correct this ad typo before they release it?[/quote]

They can't. If this actually is the ad for this weekend, it went to press long ago and is likely already sitting at the distro centers for whatever newspapers it's being sent out with... that's how all of these people see sale ads ahead of time (that, or they work at the store).

What will happen is that there will be signs mentioning the ad correction in the videogame section of the store, if not on the doors of the store.

Of course, it could be a moot point... Sears may not even stock Ace Combat 5.

[quote name='JSweeney']During the CC $4.99 sale, I had WalMart do two PM's for product that they had that CC also had. They did two of them and were about to do a third when a manager came over and overrode the third one, since they were taking a $25 hit on one of them, and they had more of them on the shelf.

That's the healthy way to look at it, shrike...
many of the people in this thread are talking like it's an absolute, it's gonna happen, and they already have 3-4 copies of it sitting in thier bag.[/quote]

I learned many lessons during the CC sale, JSweeney, and one of them was huge-drop PM's tend not to happen, and when they do, give yourself a big gold star for pulling it off.

I was happy that Walmart did the PM's, two out of three was better than none, and I ended up finding the other one at another CC, so I was covered either way.

Stuff like this immediately makes me think "Whoops, we messed up". And for those, there's no point in getting stressed.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='rabbitt']I think someone said this, but don't you think that they're gonna correct this ad typo before they release it?[/quote]

They can't. If this actually is the ad for this weekend, it went to press long ago and is likely already sitting at the distro centers for whatever newspapers it's being sent out with... that's how all of these people see sale ads ahead of time (that, or they work at the store).

What will happen is that there will be signs mentioning the ad correction in the videogame section of the store, if not on the doors of the store.

Of course, it could be a moot point... Sears may not even stock Ace Combat 5.[/quote]

Print ads are normally done weeks to a month in advance for when they actually are put out. The Black Friday ads are probably already done and have been done for a week or more, I'd guess. Remember when Target put up the ad for KUF and they had to put up a disclaimer that they wouldn't raincheck it because they didn't know when it was coming out? Same thing here. The game was delayed, the ad was already printed before they knew about the delay, though after they had been told that it was coming out the second week in September.

Print ads are normally done weeks in advance. Don't forget that. They have to do that, so they have time to print out all the copies they need, get them sent out to where they need to be and put into the newspaper we get on Sunday. That stuff doesn't happen magically, as much as we might think it does. I spent a year and a half working for a pre-press house, I learned quite a bit about that kind of thing, and how much time in advance some of these print ads are done. Some of them, like Black Friday, probably get done a couple of months in advance.

[quote name='Wario64']Who would Photoshop an ad? Plus, someone who works at Sears confirmed in the 2nd page of this thread that the ad is real[/quote]

Someone who had nothing better to do, I suppose.

I'll believe it when I have it in-hand and doubly so when I see the disclaimer.

[quote name='rabbitt']I'm going to take a Sears ad with me and bitch until I get the game. I'll throw false advertisement in their face.[/quote]

...And then they'll point out the wording of the ad, point to the clearly posted advertisement correction, and then call you an ignorant asshole after you walk away in a huff after making yourself look like a huge ass over a game they likely won't have in stock anyway.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

[quote name='rabbitt']I'm going to take a Sears ad with me and bitch until I get the game. I'll throw false advertisement in their face.[/quote]

Somebody could use a hug. :grouphug:

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='rabbitt']I'm going to take a Sears ad with me and bitch until I get the game. I'll throw false advertisement in their face.[/quote]

...And then they'll point out the wording of the ad, point to the clearly posted advertisement correction, and then call you an ignorant asshole after you walk away in a huff after making yourself look like a huge ass over a game they likely won't have in stock anyway.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...[/quote]

Eh, if you throw enough of a shit fit, you'll probably get it. You may have to go pretty hardcore though, get it to the point that they just want you to leave and you'll probably get the game. I'm NOT saying it's nessecarily the right thing to do and I don't plan on doing it, but it'll probably work depending on how far you want to take it.

i picked up a few copies from my sears, took down the manager's name who promised me that i can go back for an adjustment when the ad go live, wish me luck

[quote name='khc']i picked up a few copies from my sears, took down the manager's name who promised me that i can go back for an adjustment when the ad go live, wish me luck[/quote]

At worst if you don't open them, you can return them to get your $ back.

someone deliver those ad packets to my building, i just picked one up, it came with the kohls and jcpenny ad together in a bag

i am in new york, gonna give these away as christmas presents

Guys, for all the people, the ad is real, but Sears will not honor. I work at Sears and Double-checked today (I have the ad in my pocket as we speak). Talked to our manager, and turns out they were already e-mailed regaurding the error and to just not honor it, but offer AC4 in return. Not a bad deal on AC4 if you don't have it though.

Well, now that it's pretty much confirmed...Can someone tell me where and when you can get this ad? My newspaper only carries Sears ads on Sundays...Will my local Sears have these available?

[quote name='Pulsar']Guys, for all the people, the ad is real, but Sears will not honor. I work at Sears and Double-checked today (I have the ad in my pocket as we speak). Talked to our manager, and turns out they were already e-mailed regaurding the error and to just not honor it, but offer AC4 in return. Not a bad deal on AC4 if you don't have it though.[/quote]

Please put this question to rest... What day is the ad for?

If anyone can get one and possibly pick one up for me, that would be awesome, I'd pay like $12....

I know its farfetched, but I have to try...

With the knowledge of Sears not honoring the ad, the only attempt that can be made is at other retailers. Lets hope that we can get some people early on Saturday morning that haven't had their coffee to PM.

I'm debating which option would be easier and more likely to suceed, either buy Ace Combat 5 at CC tomorrow, then when the ad comes out try to get a price adjustment, OR wait for the ad and take it to Wal-Mart early Sat. morning.

I'm thinking I may have more luck with the price adjustment route, but I'm not sure. I hear Wal-Mart is pretty lax on PMing so I may just try that.

Alls I know is that I'm heading to Circuit City and Best Buy and attempt to clear their stock for cheap.

And then, trade in for a DS.

[quote name='omfglol']Alls I know is that I'm heading to Circuit City and Best Buy and attempt to clear their stock for cheap.

And then, trade in for a DS.[/quote]

Prepare to get flamed for that comment, not the best way to start off here...

[quote name='omfglol']Alls I know is that I'm heading to Circuit City and Best Buy and attempt to clear their stock for cheap.

:? :roll: ](*,) :twoguns: :boxing: :wave: [-X

too many emotions to choose just one.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='omfglol']Alls I know is that I'm heading to Circuit City and Best Buy and attempt to clear their stock for cheap.

Prepare to get flamed for that comment, not the best way to start off here...[/quote]

beat me too it.

[quote name='javeryh']whoops - that's got to be for Ace Combat 4. I doubt any Sears will honor it...[/quote]

yea, but walmart will take back dirty diapers :? , so I imagine that they will honor that pricematch.

[quote name='omfglol']Don't worry, I'm not in an area with any high concentrations of gamers, so it won't affect your days.[/quote]

Well, I don't particularly care what you do, but I'm warning you, lots of other people here do. I'd just recomend not posting stuff like that.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

MUST RESIST.....BITE TONGUE....RAGE BUILDING......

\"JSweeney\\\"]Don\\\'t get your hopes up.
If there are people that come in here this weekend and start to complain about how unfairly Sears (or any other store for that matter) treated them due to this sale, I\\\'ll laugh right in thier faces... unless compelled by law, stores aren\\\'t going to just bend over and take $30+ loss per unit because some lamebrain in the printshop put the wrong picture in the ad.

In fact, I wouldn\\\'t be too shocked if Sear just decided to pull Ace Combat 5 off of the shelves until after the sale is over just to not have to deal with the whiny hordes that decend on them (and to minimize the chance they could create a situation where they could create a disgruntled customer

Wow I have a even more important question why is JSweeney always a Turbo CockSmoker ?

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='omfglol']Don't worry, I'm not in an area with any high concentrations of gamers, so it won't affect your days.[/quote]

Well, I don't particularly care what you do, but I'm warning you, lots of other people here do. I'd just recomend not posting stuff like that.[/quote]

You'd think someone whos been signed up for almost a year now would realize how much people don't like that kind of stuff. BTW, what area are you in omfglol just incase there are actually people there that would like some games.

Fraud is not looked upon very kindly here, omfglol. Neither is hoarding.
All in all, you managed to pretty much reveal your lack of character on your first post out.

It's fraud? How so?

And I live in Ohio, far away from any cities.

I may give away a copy as a prize on another forum, though.

Just trust me: unless it's AAA material, it doesn't get sold. At all.

[quote name='Tracker']
\"JSweeney\\\"]Don\\\'t get your hopes up.
If there are people that come in here this weekend and start to complain about how unfairly Sears (or any other store for that matter) treated them due to this sale, I\\\'ll laugh right in thier faces... unless compelled by law, stores aren\\\'t going to just bend over and take $30+ loss per unit because some lamebrain in the printshop put the wrong picture in the ad.

In fact, I wouldn\\\'t be too shocked if Sear just decided to pull Ace Combat 5 off of the shelves until after the sale is over just to not have to deal with the whiny hordes that decend on them (and to minimize the chance they could create a situation where they could create a disgruntled customer

Wow I have a even more important question why is JSweeney always a Turbo CockSmoker ?[/quote]

Why are you calling him that? What did he do? What he said is correct, and anyone who tries to get a PM at Sears is lucky if they actually succeed.

[quote name='omfglol']It's fraud? How so?

And I live in Ohio, far away from any cities.

I may give away a copy as a prize on another forum, though.

Just trust me: unless it's AAA material, it doesn't get sold. At all.[/quote]

It would be fraud if you were to take them back to another store unopened and try to get them to give you store credit. I realize someone may have understood you wrong and you just want to trade them in at an EB or GS. There is also a difference between fraud and being an asshole. Buying every single copy you can find is being an asshole. There is bound to be a couple of CAG's in your area who also want to get in on this deal. You should buy maybe 1 or 2 copies and leave some for others. You buying all the copies you can find and giving away one copy doesn't make you any less of an asshole either.

Purposefully deceiving a company by getting them to pricematch an ad you know is not being honored is fraud. Getting someone to pricematch to a price that does not really exist is fraud. Even if it squeaks by the letter of the law (which I doubt) it's wrong. Theft. Deceit. Villiany.

I will show my faith in humanity and assume you are going to trade these in for their trade-in value somewhere, and not try and pass them off as returns somewhere.

[quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='omfglol']Alls I know is that I'm heading to Circuit City and Best Buy and attempt to clear their stock for cheap.

:? :roll: ](*,) :twoguns: :boxing: :wave: [-X

too many emotions to choose just one.[/quote]

Let me try one. He's an ass-clown! :fridge:

[quote name='shamu']Hopefully Sears will at least sell Ace Combat 4 for $5.[/quote]

Agreed, what may be overlooked here is that Ace Combat 4 is an outstanding game which is also well worth your $5 so it's win-win. I too, however will check out my local Sears on Saturday just in case.

bread's done
Back