Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures - PvP patch finally out

The woman that you save in your first quest on the way to the city where is she in the city? She says she will see you in the city but I cant find her.

[quote name='Guavazo']anyone have a spare guess pass that i can have? i really wants to try it first.[/quote]Funcom hasn't activated the guest pass feature yet.

[quote name='sendme']The woman that you save in your first quest on the way to the city where is she in the city? She says she will see you in the city but I cant find her.[/quote]

If I remember correctly, she's in the tavern just inside to the right of the first town (Tortuga I think?).

[quote name='sendme']The woman that you save in your first quest on the way to the city where is she in the city? She says she will see you in the city but I cant find her.[/QUOTE]

Follow the destiny quests (night mode).

[quote name='Apossum']How is this game for soloing?[/quote]

I am installing it right now... From what I read the game is very instanced. In "Night Mode" it is only you and NPCs, in "Day Mode" it goes back to old-fashioned MMO style. The first 20 or so levels is essentially a single player game from what I've read/heard.

I am wondering what server everyone is playing on... Bloodspire? Also, does anyone happen to have a code they aren't going to use?

EDIT: Been installing over an hour :p Last PC game I installed was Diablo II so this is brutal, lol.

I'm creating new characters on Doomsayer and Bluesteel to play around with the classes, but haven't found a "home" server yet.

[quote name='Apossum']How is this game for soloing?[/QUOTE]

The game is actually very solo friendly. The official forums are full of people upset about that actually. You can solo probably 80% of the game if you really wanted to.

Also, the zones often look more sparse than they really are due to them being instanced. The server creates more to scale to population for performance. But you can easily switch instances through the GUI to be with your buddies.

I am playing on bloodspire.

I've made Bloodspire my permaserver.

IGN - Doomhammer (wonder where that came from? :lol:)

EDIT: Nevermind. This game needs to tag Oceanic servers in game. Didn't realize that until I levelled a bit.

Oh, Bloodspire is for Oceania? Maybe that would explain some of the lag issues I've been having... Anyone want to join me in the Bluesteel server.
zoolander460.jpg

Yeah I created another toon on Bluesteel last night and will probably make that my homeserver.

I don't mind Bloodspire being oceanic for the most part. I didn't notice any lag when I was playing. But I'm just afraid of of the possible maintenance times and number of North American players. The listing for Aussie/NZ guilds crushes the amount of North American guilds currently.

Thanks for the answers guys. Not sure why, but this is tempting. Even though I have 0 time to play it and several lengthy JRPGs I'm picking away at. :)

[quote name='Apossum']Not sure why, but this is tempting. Even though I have 0 time to play it[/quote]

I'm in the same boat.. I don't even play the games I have. I really want a guest pass, wish they'd hurry it up. :cry:

I'm still playing on bloodspire, even if it is oceanic. I have a lot of ausie guild buddies there.

Besides the fact that all servers, including oceanic, are located in New Jersey.

[quote name='DarthPuma']So would you guys consider this game worth buying? Only MMO I've ever seriously tried was WoW and I didn't really like it. I wish I could get my hands on a trial lol.[/quote]

Yay, I got the game in a trade! Does anyone know where I can DL the client so I'll be ready to play when he pm's me the cd key?

I have this game. My good friend is a Conan nut and talked me into playing this game. And so far I'm having a blast. I'm still only level 16, so I'm still in the noob zone but it really is alot of fun.

I don't usually like RPGs and I've never played a mmorpg but I'm really enjoying this game. Even with the bugs, low FPS, and crappy class(Herald of Xotli), I am still hooked.

[quote name='KingDox']I have this game. My good friend is a Conan nut and talked me into playing this game. And so far I'm having a blast. I'm still only level 16, so I'm still in the noob zone but it really is alot of fun.

I don't usually like RPGs and I've never played a mmorpg but I'm really enjoying this game. Even with the bugs, low FPS, and crappy class(Herald of Xotli), I am still hooked.[/QUOTE]

What makes you think hox is crappy?

Just got my first PvP kill. Some Assassin came out of hiding behind me and tried to spam some combos. Did my one knockdown and he was pretty-much finished.

Batter Aside bitch.

My first PvP kill came when someone ran into a mob I was fighting...

Add my main (so far) on Bluesteel, Lothiriel.

What server does everyone play on?

I'm downloading the game from a torrent and it's taking FOREVER. I just hope it's done by the time I get my CD key.

[quote name='thrustbucket']What makes you think hox is crappy?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's crappy at all. It just seems the real soldier class players are ripping through mobs of enemies way easier then me. And I've seen quite a few posts on AoC boards list them as a really tough class to get into.

I've read quite a few times people don't expect the class to get good until after level 40+. And most the people on the AoC boards are MMORPG vets so when they say it's a hard class, I believe them. Especially since I've never played one of these types of games before.

[quote name='KingDox']I don't think it's crappy at all. It just seems the real soldier class players are ripping through mobs of enemies way easier then me. And I've seen quite a few posts on AoC boards list them as a really tough class to get into.

I've read quite a few times people don't expect the class to get good until after level 40+. And most the people on the AoC boards are MMORPG vets so when they say it's a hard class, I believe them. Especially since I've never played one of these types of games before.[/quote]

I am in the same boat as you. The last MMORPG I played for any extended length of time was the Ragnarok Online beta and that was like 6 or 7 years ago. I find that I can sometimes have trouble going up against 3 opponents of my level +/- 1. It does seem weaker then others right now but I am hoping there is some potential in the future. The only thing I dislike about the HoX right now is that the female HoX has to turn into the same fugly Predator/Cuthulu hybrid as the males.

I am really getting sick of being killed by groups of people every time I try to do a day-time quest. I'm going to be switching over to a PvE server when my friend picks up the game.

[quote name='Jest']I am really getting sick of being killed by groups of people every time I try to do a day-time quest. I'm going to be switching over to a PvE server when my friend picks up the game.[/quote]Need some extra muscle? My 21 Conq can group with you for a bit if I'm ever online.

I'd like to get back to the tech spec discussion for a second - I have a rather cheapass system: Athlon 64 3200+, 2GB RAM, x850xt 256MB. Nothing overclocked although I will look into it for AoC. Ran WoW/LotRO/HL2/Portal like a champ on med-high settings, and things looked nice.

According to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest I meet AoC's min specs, and I'm guessing I would play at low-med settings, but I'm concerned the game would look like a 2D blurry mess at 10 fps. If anyone has played it at my specs, specifically the vid card, I'd like to know what you think and if you could include a sample in-game screenshot, that would be fantastic.

I also read on another board that AoC introduced a super-low-setting option at the end of beta, where the game basically turned cel-shaded:

aoclow.jpg

Is this option still in the game? If so, has anyone played it at this setting / could someone try it and let me know if there's a significant performance boost? I wouldn't mind playing AoC like this before I commit to upgrading my cheapass system.

Anyone want my drinking code thing that didn't get one?

Seems like Jest, elusive, or thrustbucket should get first dibs, but if they all already have one, I'll just give it to someone else.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Anyone want my drinking code thing that didn't get one?

Seems like Jest, elusive, or thrustbucket should get first dibs, but if they all already have one, I'll just give it to someone else.[/quote]

I'll take it off your hands if you still have it. The drinking cape is quite stylish.

Playing on Set currently. 22 HoX currently named Tairy.

HoX's are great, but it seems like most people see they use 2handers, but forget they are still squishies in cloth. Amazing damage output from them tho, and it only gets more insane with Flame Lance. 3k Combo 4tw. From what I hear, it one-shots boss mobs of same-level and below when you get it pretty much..

If you haven't given away the drinking cape, I wouldn't mind... but I'm kind of a troll on the PC forums, so I understand if you pass me by! =P

[quote name='halfbent']Playing on Set currently. 22 HoX currently named Tairy.

HoX's are great, but it seems like most people see they use 2handers, but forget they are still squishies in cloth. Amazing damage output from them tho, and it only gets more insane with Flame Lance. 3k Combo 4tw. From what I hear, it one-shots boss mobs of same-level and below when you get it pretty much..

If you haven't given away the drinking cape, I wouldn't mind... but I'm kind of a troll on the PC forums, so I understand if you pass me by! =P[/quote]

I have been using 2 handed blades as well, what do you use? I am setting my HoX on Bluesteel aside for now. I started a Tempest of Set on the Set server. I just seemed almost too fitting.

Can't decide if I should start on Conan or just wait for Warhammer.

Couple of questions for anyone that could answer. (Much appreciated). Can you make your guy look badass (How's the Armor?) Hows the world PVP (anyone try castle sieges)?

Well, I tried to join the folks on Bluesteel, but that's been the laggiest server I've encountered so far. My framerate drops to 8 max (on Night missions), and it's really killing the fun. Anyone know if it's possible to move characters to different servers?

Start dropping character names, and the server they're on and I'll update the OP for easier CAG play-throughs.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Can't decide if I should start on Conan or just wait for Warhammer.

Couple of questions for anyone that could answer. (Much appreciated). Can you make your guy look badass (How's the Armor?) Hows the world PVP (anyone try castle sieges)?[/QUOTE]

Some people complain about the armor not being "badass" enough. This is likely due to the art style for conan being a lot more 'realistic'. In other words, there are no gigantic shoulder pieces and glowing weapons. It looks realistic and functionall. For better or for worse. The conan universe doesn't have a lot of fantasy elements like orcs, elves, and non-human characters.

The world pvp is ok. About as good as daoc. Nobody has really gotten high enough yet to test out the siege warfare system.

Oh and from the people I know in the warhammer beta, it's pretty shitty.

[quote name='Jest']I am in the same boat as you. The last MMORPG I played for any extended length of time was the Ragnarok Online beta and that was like 6 or 7 years ago. I find that I can sometimes have trouble going up against 3 opponents of my level +/- 1. It does seem weaker then others right now but I am hoping there is some potential in the future. The only thing I dislike about the HoX right now is that the female HoX has to turn into the same fugly Predator/Cuthulu hybrid as the males.

I am really getting sick of being killed by groups of people every time I try to do a day-time quest. I'm going to be switching over to a PvE server when my friend picks up the game.[/QUOTE]

I got stuck in some Geometry in the first town, and that gave me time to move around my command bars so that I could bust moves faster. Since I've done that I'm doing much better against mobs. The only other problem that I still kinda have is in PVP I get surprised attacked then have to transform.

But isn't as bad as before, now that I have my emergency transform, heath boost buttons next to each other incase that happens.

I'm a level 40 Dark Templar on the Deathwhisper PvP server. Having a good time. Dissapointed to find that my War Rhino is actually slower than walking... will probably be cool in a siege battle though.

The Goons from somethingawful are on Deathwhisper, that keeps things interesting.

I'm really on the fence about this one. I want to get a new MMO, but this seems it might be too much like another grindfest for my tastes. What is the verdict so far?

It is definitely not as grind-heavy as WoW. The developers even said they didn't want it to be. If I am not mistaken there are some lvl 80s all ready. I also think I read something saying that you could get to 80 in a month of casual play, but that seems like a stretch so far.

I just started the game and its seems ok so far.

Anyone went to the AoC forum? I highly suggest not to go there. Half of them are complaning about bugs and half of them are flamming them back.

[quote name='Sideswiper']The Goons from somethingawful are on Deathwhisper, that keeps things interesting.[/quote]I knew I joined the wrong server. :bomb:

I was in Goonfleet when I played EVE. Best guild/clan/corp evar!

bread's done
Back