Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures - PvP patch finally out

[quote name='thrustbucket']FWIW, I threw an 8800GT into my 18 month old HP box with a 300W Powersuply, runs fine.[/QUOTE]

Wow...thats nice to hear. I saw an 8800GT for like 90 bucks after rebate and held off on buying it due to the power supply.

Any repercussions to running a GPU with a low power input?

[quote name='blackjaw']Any repercussions to running a GPU with a low power input?[/QUOTE]

Yeah just read the only downside is the possibility of burning out the old PSU. I'm just gonna hold off on upgrading the GPU for now and run my 7600. I'll grab a new 8800GT the next time I see it on sale and grab one of these https://shop.pcpower.com/products/description/Silencer_500_Dell/index.html to power it....that should be a bit safer than the one I have now.

This sucks hard. I've done all the night quests I can and can't get anyone to group with me for the day quests so I can hit 15.

Added names to the OP. I had already added "thrustbucket" to my in game friends, I stumbled across the name during a search, and really... how many thrustbuckets could really be out there?

I hit 17 with my barbarian last night, and will probably be playing tomorrow night (6/4) if anyone needs help or wants to run a few quests. Sorry to say, hiding skills don't make him much of an aggro tank.

Anyone else have issues with not seeing spell effects? I'm playing on high with shadows and grass disabled. Not a major gripe, but playing a caster doesn't look very appealing as is.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']

Anyone else have issues with not seeing spell effects? I'm playing on high with shadows and grass disabled. Not a major gripe, but playing a caster doesn't look very appealing as is.[/QUOTE]

I have read that has something to do with your shaders and/or video card. Set your shaders at 2.0 or 2.x. Also, try deleting everything in your shaders folder and then run update.

I'm rolling a Hox on Cimmeria PvP RP server. I'm about level 23 if anyone wants to look me up.

Oh and my IGN is: Kingdox

[quote name='thrustbucket']I have read that has something to do with your shaders and/or video card. Set your shaders at 2.0 or 2.x. Also, try deleting everything in your shaders folder and then run update.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it was actually some old drivers for my card. I updated, everything looks a lot prettier, and I got a huge boost to my FPS.

[quote name='Razzuel']

Has anyone created the CAG guild yet?[/QUOTE]

No CAG guild as of yet. Honestly, I don't really think I'll be worried about it until endgame for larger battles. Having a few decent people to play with is good enough for myself right now.

I was a little surprised to find that NPCs in Conarch don't have voices, hopefully they patch this up so the experience is closer to Tortage.

[quote name='SpikeJonez']Just got this in from amazon.

I wont be joining CAGS, but rather Shawn Elliots clan, OrangePeen.[/quote]

You just don't want to get Spawn-camped, amiright?

[quote name='Bloodbooger']

I was a little surprised to find that NPCs in Conarch don't have voices, hopefully they patch this up so the experience is closer to Tortage.[/QUOTE]

They won't. They have already said that they only ever intended voice work for tortage and destiny quests.

Cost is way too high to hire good voice actors for every quest, and the logistics of often needing to modify or change quests after the voice work is done is a nightmare. Especially when most player skip it.

They did say recently that they intend to record a few more voice overs for some more important quests. But the majority of them won't ever have it.

[quote name='thrustbucket']They won't. They have already said that they only ever intended voice work for tortage and destiny quests.

Cost is way too high to hire good voice actors for every quest, and the logistics of often needing to modify or change quests after the voice work is done is a nightmare. Especially when most player skip it.

They did say recently that they intend to record a few more voice overs for some more important quests. But the majority of them won't ever have it.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that really blows, I thought my 15 bucks a month was going to get me a actual speech. Damn I guess I'll have to imagine what they say.

[quote name='KingDox']Damn, that really blows, I thought my 15 bucks a month was going to get me a actual speech. Damn I guess I'll have to imagine what they say.[/QUOTE]

LOL, you took the words right out of my mouth! I refuse to believe I'm paying for patches. It kind of sucks because you see how much they can do in the low levels, and progressively get less? Eh, I'm still having a good time.

Imagining is for kids without internet access.

I just cancelled mine today. Not due to this issue but the fact that I have some much overtime at work and other things going on that I want to hold out a little longer till i pay. I wonder if my 30 days free will still work?

I still have the 30 days. Along with all the OT I have the game didnt reall seem all that great. The questing just got old and seeing how I have not played in a week I didnt know where to go and all the spots marked on the map were wrong. I would goto an x and nothing was there so I'm thinking about just deleteing some of them and start over one npc at a time. I might try to get one to 80 before the 30 days is up.

[quote name='udabenshen']is anyone still playing aoc? If so Im looking to roll a character on bloodspire. Invite me![/QUOTE]

Yes. I'm still playing on bloodspire. What's your name?

Yeah me and my friend are playing still.

I am a level 23 guardian named Razzuel and he is a level 22 bear shaman named Ganzulan.

I created a guild named Nox Vortis. If any CAGs want to join that would be really awesome since uh we only have two members right now—me and my friend—haha.

i haven't rolled yet, sorry. Do you guys need any class in particular. Im leaning somewhere between conqueror or bear shaman. Need healers?

Thrustbucket is the only other CAG I've really seen online, and I've been playing pretty heavily come weekends.

Add my main Vahagn once you get on, always looking to play with friendly people. Find yourself a decent guild that's actually active. I'm playing with a primarily Aussie guild, and it works out pretty well for the hours I play. It's pretty cool to see 30 people online that are happy and willing to help.

Healers are always loved, and the Bear Shaman can lay out a decent smack down as well, but the road up is pretty rough until level 18 or so.

Personally, my conqueror (Heimdal, also Bloodspire) has been a harder class to play. It's a rewarding class, and the ability to auto-revive in the field is pretty badass, but it may not have the DPS you're expecting.

Oh, and use a feat builder to plan out your character... save yourself some gold to spend or horses, and gear from the trader.
http://www.conanarmory.com/featCalculatorClasses.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bloodbooger']Thrustbucket is the only other CAG I've really seen online, and I've been playing pretty heavily come weekends.

Add my main Vahagn once you get on, always looking to play with friendly people. Find yourself a decent guild that's actually active. I'm playing with a primarily Aussie guild, and it works out pretty well for the hours I play. It's pretty cool to see 30 people online that are happy and willing to help.

Healers are always loved, and the Bear Shaman can lay out a decent smack down as well, but the road up is pretty rough until level 18 or so.

Personally, my conqueror (Heimdal, also Bloodspire) has been a harder class to play. It's a rewarding class, and the ability to auto-revive in the field is pretty badass, but it may not have the DPS you're expecting.

Oh, and use a feat builder to plan out your character... save yourself some gold to spend or horses, and gear from the trader.
http://www.conanarmory.com/featCalculatorClasses.aspx[/quote]

I have been playing pretty regularly, I guess I should have added you all as friends.

That's awesome you already have a guild, but I was hoping some more CAGS could join the guild I made, that way we would all be together more often.

That is completely fine though if you don't want to join.

I still play. I ran into problems with the out of memory bug about 4 patches ago. The OOM thread at the AOC forums is over 100 pages long. I can only go about 2 hours max before the game crashes on me. If I zone alot it makes it worse.

I put my Female HoX on hold untill they fix the female combo issue, and give HoX some better itemization. I re-rolled a male conquer and am up to level 30 with him. I'm still having fun, it's just a shame I ran into these bugs/issues.

Just testing the waters, is anyone else still playing this game?

The recent patch feels good. PvP experience and gear is now available, and I'm under the impression that Funcom finally addressed the memory leak error. I used to be hit hard and frequently by sudden crashes, and grayed out maps. Sadly, it may be too little, too late for a lot of the community that's already left. I really like the way this is moving though.

If you were interested in starting, now is about the right time, the game feels much more solid. I've got a friend code I'd happily part with if anyone is looking to try the game out.

Would anyone be interested in playing together on Cimmeria? I've heard it's one of the more heavily populated servers, and Bloodspire (being Oceanic) makes the group quests harder to team up on when everyone else is in bed.

Yea I bought the game at Launch. Still regretting it. But I am waiting for them to completely fix the game, I wouldnt mind coming back it had a few good ideas. WAR is good, but I am getting sick of it already... so, we'll have to see!

I have my eye on this game. My level 73 Dark Templar is waiting for a patch that makes Dark Templars relevant to raiding. Until then, I'll be playing Atlantica Online.

I am still playing, my Coq is level 63 by now. My HOX is still on hold. I'm pre-paid for 6 months. We'll see how it goes after that. I think I will just get my Coq up to level 80 before I start my HOX char again. The only problem with the PvP patch is the fugative system isn't working yet.

It's one gigantic gank fest as everyone wants to up their pvp xp. If there were larger factions you could join beyond your guild it would be cool to not have to walk around getting ready to fight someone because you don't want them to get the first strike in.

if anyone is looking to pick up the game, ill sell you mine cheaper with a 78 Conq on Doomsayer with all the stuff listed in my trade thread, played closed beta, preorder headstart, and open beta. then realized i was grinding villas for 40 levels and had already finished all available working raid content within the first month so let it go

:bouncy::applause::bouncy:

image5.jpg

bread's done
Back