Alan Wake (Limited Collector's Edition) - $79.99

RBH

CAGiversary!
0088537008528500x500.jpg

alanwakespecialedition.jpg

Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The pack will include:

• Game Disc in box with unique art
  • Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
  • “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA
  • Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score
  • Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
  • Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE
Preorder to receive the Bright Falls Bonus Pack, which includes exclusive content like Avatar gear, an Xbox LIVE theme, and a “making of” video.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002I0JFN8/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Alan-Wake-Limited-Edition-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/13313721

Release date is set for May 18th:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177916

4351033346_e06f4955ac.jpg

4351033116_8348b1af57_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']What do you think a console is? Our school systems really are failing. . .[/QUOTE]

A console is not a PC even if it has significant similarities in its architecture.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Very risky investing in the CE of a brand new IP. Hope nobody ends up regretting the extra dough. This will certainly be a rental for me at launch.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I picked up my CE of Turning Point: Fall of Liberty for $12 at Micro Center. Peeling back the price tag, it looks like the original MSRP at launch was $79.99. I bet the 3 people who pre-ordered that were pissed :D

Might preorder on Amazon. Great CE. I'd encourage you to buy it if only to support the years and years of work regardless of what platform its on.

I'm also very disappointed that the PC version got shafted.

I was looking forward to this game since they showed that tech demo way back in like 2005

[quote name='bclagrange']This looks great, I have both systems and will defintely buy this. Who care about the PC. People still play on the PC? LOL[/QUOTE]

Yea there is this little indie game called World of Warcraft you may have heard of it has several million subscribers :roll:.

[quote name='shivaedge']I'm also very disappointed that the PC version got shafted.

I was looking forward to this game since they showed that tech demo way back in like 2005[/QUOTE]

Exactly, the tornado looked awesome! :)

Eh...Pretty nice, but I'm so unsure of the game that I don't really want to drop the additional cash on it and as usual(me2, bioshock 2) get screwed on the 10$ credit.

[quote name='DKRobbie']God I am such a sucker for collectors editions. If the developers packaged a smelly old sock of theirs in some cool casing I'd be all over that shit. Can't wait for this game.[/QUOTE]

What he said ^ In for one. Just waiting on Amazon.

So does all the avatar and theme stuff come on a disc AND also can be downloaded? Or is this content going to be a "download it once" kind of affair?

[quote name='derspiess']QFT. I picked up my CE of Turning Point: Fall of Liberty for $12 at Micro Center. Peeling back the price tag, it looks like the original MSRP at launch was $79.99. I bet the 3 people who pre-ordered that were pissed :D[/QUOTE]

I for one was fine with it !

[quote name='bclagrange']This looks great, I have both systems and will defintely buy this. Who care about the PC. People still play on the PC? LOL[/QUOTE]

Wow. How old are you?

I'm excited for this, but I would have rather bought this the way I've bought all my Remedy games: On PC...

Now that I have a 360 though, I'm fairly certain I'm getting this game eventually, but I'm pretty pissed at the tactics that are now status quo for M$...And from what I heard, Jodou, most (if not all?) of the gameplay demoed was running on PC and just played with a 360 controller, ie: they were dev'ing it on PC and just using the controller attached, but again, that's what has been said most times all over the place otherwise (not like I was at an expo or anything and saw it, I mean).

I'm a huge Remedy fan (MAJOR Max Payne fan, mostly) and hope they carry over the quality here. It looks good so far, and I doubt this will have a Too Human result, but you never know, I guess (Silicon Knights was known for much better work prior to Too Human).

Last edited by a moderator:
I might check this out however I'm not sure about the CE. I'm starting to get to the point that if the CE does not have a real case for the game I'm not getting it. Also I'm running out of room for all this stuff that is with the CE.

[quote name='derspiess']QFT. I picked up my CE of Turning Point: Fall of Liberty for $12 at Micro Center. Peeling back the price tag, it looks like the original MSRP at launch was $79.99. I bet the 3 people who pre-ordered that were pissed :D[/QUOTE]

I preordered mine for $64.99 and got a folder full bonus stuff and didn't regret it

[quote name='sendme']I'm starting to get to the point that if the CE does not have a real case for the game I'm not getting it.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure there's a steelbook in that picture.

[quote name='BIG5']I'm pretty sure there's a steelbook in that picture.[/QUOTE]

Really? Looks like a typical black PC game case to me ... but perhaps I'm just not seeing it.

Uhhhhhh, pass. Bulky package and video game literature I'm never going to read.
I'll keep the regular pre-order.

Shame about the PC version being axed, shitty fake reason they gave too.
All about the money. Would have been jaw dropping on PC.

[quote name='etcrane']Really? Looks like a typical black PC game case to me ... but perhaps I'm just not seeing it.[/QUOTE]

doesn't look like a steelbook to me either. It looks more like a digipak kind of case. I think they would have mentioned it too if it was a steelbook

[quote name='Jodou']I'd encourage you to not support this game since M$ forced the devs to make it 360 exclusive. This game was originally intended for PC only to show off DX10 and when they missed that boat decided to convert all their work to a 360 game. Only yesterday did they finally admit they were stringing PC gamers along for years and I have zero tolerance for liars. Yeah, I'm nerd-raging but ultimately it's M$ who dropped the hammer on these guys since they can't control the money flow on PC games and GFWLoL is an epic failure.

Buy it if you must, but for anyone on the fence this is food for thought.[/QUOTE]

+1 agreed. i was totally looking forward to the pc version as i am so against buying an xbox... but if there was one game to push me over to the xbox edge, it would be this piece of shit. :bomb:

[quote name='crewj']+1 agreed. i was totally looking forward to the pc version as i am so against buying an xbox... but if there was one game to push me over to the xbox edge, it would be this piece of shit. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Why are you against buying an Xbox 360? I mean, I understand that the PC is usually graphically superior to the 360, but the gaming experience on a console is in many ways better. Personally, I prefer gaming on a console due to it being more relaxed due position I'm in while playing.

[quote name='leesiulung']Why are you against buying an Xbox 360? I mean, I understand that the PC is usually graphically superior to the 360, but the gaming experience on a console is in many ways better. Personally, I prefer gaming on a console due to it being more relaxed due position I'm in while playing.[/QUOTE]
Probably due to the fact that the 360 was rushed out the door to beat all other next gen systems to retail and that little RROD issue was the end result.

[quote name='Jodou']Probably due to the fact that the 360 was rushed out the door to beat all other next gen systems to retail and that little RROD issue was the end result.[/QUOTE]

Is RROD really a significant issue nowadays with the new Jasper models?

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']Is RROD really a significant issue nowadays with the new Jasper models?

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

I think the earlier models, yes. However, the newer models starting with Falcon and onwards shouldn't have that many issues. I think it is completely overblown by fanboys.

I have had 2 Falcons, and now 1 Jasper. No issues with any of them. One of the Falcons have seen heavy use, 40+ hours a week. I still have them....

Of course, others have had problems so it's hard to say, but you just don't hear about them that often. If you are so unsure, get a 3-year replacement warranty like the ones given at Best Buy where you can take it to the store and they will refund you the price paid as a gift card.

[quote name='leesiulung']I think the earlier models, yes. However, the newer models starting with Falcon and onwards shouldn't have that many issues. I think it is completely overblown by fanboys.

I have had 2 Falcons, and now 1 Jasper. No issues with any of them. One of the Falcons have seen heavy use, 40+ hours a week. I still have them....

Of course, others have had problems so it's hard to say, but you just don't hear about them that often. If you are so unsure, get a 3-year replacement warranty like the ones given at Best Buy where you can take it to the store and they will refund you the price paid as a gift card.[/QUOTE]

I think you undermine the issue overall. Let's say it works for 3 years, then the warranty is up, what then? I bought mine in October of 2009, and I am trying to use it as little as possible. The E74 disc scratching issue isn't even in the warranty, and neither are the games. I have a friend who's on his fourth since launch (latest is Jasper and has been great since, which made me finally plunk down for a Jasper in October, it was a July 2009 console). Nobody should have to consider something like an extra merchant replacement plan or anything. I'm sorry, but the warranty should be for longer than 3 years and cover anything that is much higher than "normal" as far as defectiveness goes, we're not leasing these consoles from MS, we've bought them.

It's still not as reliable as standard electronics, but yes, it's overblown a bit by hardcore fanboys (often in humor, though)...

[quote name='Jodou']I'd encourage you to not support this game since M$ forced the devs to make it 360 exclusive. This game was originally intended for PC only to show off DX10 and when they missed that boat decided to convert all their work to a 360 game. Only yesterday did they finally admit they were stringing PC gamers along for years and I have zero tolerance for liars. Yeah, I'm nerd-raging but ultimately it's M$ who dropped the hammer on these guys since they can't control the money flow on PC games and GFWLoL is an epic failure.

Buy it if you must, but for anyone on the fence this is food for thought.[/QUOTE]

That's a really shitty thing to do to the developers, though. No matter what you think about Microsoft, Games for Windows Live, or anything else, that has nothing to do with the hardwork the development team put into the game. I have been waiting a long time for this, way back when it was being touted as a game that would actually utilize all four cores, so I know I will be picking it up, no matter what platform it is on.

A 360 is $200 and comes with the 3 year RROD warranty. Pc buffs spend $200-$400 on graphics cards so I don't see the big deal. If you really want the game just buy one. Thanks for derailing the thread and being just as bad as the Sony fanboys were telling everyone not to buy Devil May Cry because it was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive and went to the 360. Remedy obviously felt it wasnt going to sell well on the PC.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']That's a really shitty thing to do to the developers, though.[/QUOTE]
Who shit on who first, though? I only wish to share my disappointment with them by voting with my wallet.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']A 360 is $200 and comes with the 3 year RROD warranty. Pc buffs spend $200-$400 on graphics cards so I don't see the big deal. If you really want the game just buy one.[/QUOTE]
Difference is, when my 360 broke down I was told by M$ that it was the wrong kind of broken to be covered by the RROD extension. So after just over a year of use, I had a dead system (and this thing was by no means even heavily used; maybe 100 hours of playtime total) and my options were pay $100 to service it plus wait an entire month or buy a new one that might be better hardware anyways. When my video card died, I had the most wonderful experience of paying $10 for shipping and had my replacement in less than two weeks. No questions asked.

[quote name='Jodou']Who shit on who first, though? I only wish to share my disappointment with them by voting with my wallet.[/QUOTE]

They are going to do whatever is best for their business. They are not going to tell Microsoft, one of the largest corporations in the world, to go blow off. That would be quite the stupid thing to do.

[quote name='BWS1982']I think you undermine the issue overall. Let's say it works for 3 years, then the warranty is up, what then? I bought mine in October of 2009, and I am trying to use it as little as possible. The E74 disc scratching issue isn't even in the warranty, and neither are the games. I have a friend who's on his fourth since launch (latest is Jasper and has been great since, which made me finally plunk down for a Jasper in October, it was a July 2009 console). Nobody should have to consider something like an extra merchant replacement plan or anything. I'm sorry, but the warranty should be for longer than 3 years and cover anything that is much higher than "normal" as far as defectiveness goes, we're not leasing these consoles from MS, we've bought them.

It's still not as reliable as standard electronics, but yes, it's overblown a bit by hardcore fanboys (often in humor, though)...[/QUOTE]

I wish the warranty covered more than the standard E74 and RROD issue, but the fact is that at least since Falcon the incidents aren't really worth mentioning anymore. The newer machines shouldn't have any disc read issues. I have never experienced it on any machines and nobody I know have experienced it. Then none of us moves the machine will a disc is spinning.

Some of you will have issues, but then again I had issues with my Pioneer fancy Xbox Home Theater in a Box that I barely used for 2 years (paid $120 on clearance) that used to retail for $500. No warranty fix on that one....

My cousin had issues with his PS3, the HDMI port didn't work practically out of the store, warranty covered that since it was within 60 days. He also had issues with some 360s. He also bought a PS2 model that had an issue with reading dual layer DVDs, no warranty fix on that one since he realized it too late. That is right, a particular model couldn't read a bunch of PS2 games with a brand new machine out of the store.

My point being, it seems all electronics will fail sooner or later. If you want electronics to last, then you are out of luck. If you want better warranty, then the price will rise. I know, I lived in a social mecca called Norway which is an oil nation. Everything there is expensive as hell and they have a 25% sales tax. Everything there cost at least twice here, but hey they have long warranty period on most electronics mandated by the Norwegian government! One time they even fixed a Canon camera I bought in the US.

So my point being, reliable hardware and great warranty comes at a larger price tag. Do you really want that?

[quote name='leesiulung']So my point being, reliable hardware and great warranty comes at a larger price tag. Do you really want that?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that the range of options between complete coverage, and the cost:reliability ratio of the 360 for the first several years of its lifespan, amounts to more than an either/or dichotomy.

I wouldn't call it an exaggeration to say that, at least with regard to the Xenon revision, the 360 is the most failure-prone consumer electronic device to ever gain widespread adoption. I also doubt that more robust cooling would have really translated to a significant cost increase per unit at launch.

I think RROD on :360: is very rare on the newer ones but the "freezing" issue is very real. I have had two and several other friends have had the same problem.

[quote name='Jodou']Difference is, when my 360 broke down I was told by M$ that it was the wrong kind of broken to be covered by the RROD extension. So after just over a year of use, I had a dead system (and this thing was by no means even heavily used; maybe 100 hours of playtime total) and my options were pay $100 to service it plus wait an entire month or buy a new one that might be better hardware anyways. When my video card died, I had the most wonderful experience of paying $10 for shipping and had my replacement in less than two weeks. No questions asked.[/QUOTE]

MS also sent people checks who paid for any RROD or E73/E74 checks that paid for previous repairs out of that period. Either way most hardware consoles are not covered past a year. If you had a disc drive error I fee for yo but that's about it. Either way its best to buy a console in the future because piracy has killed a great deal of PC support, hell even the sims 3 and crysis 2 are coming to consoles.

Don't care. Will buy and enjoy good games regardless of the politics behind them.

That's why I was a bit wary. Sometimes Amazon will stick up multiple placeholders or otherwise have the wrong descriptions on placeholders.

[quote name='shrike4242']Oddly enough, it shows for 360 and PC. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
Lol, who knows wtf is going on anymore. This game has had more twists and turns than Chubby Checker in a blender.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, who knows wtf is going on anymore. This game has had more twists and turns than Chubby Checker in a blender.[/QUOTE]They fixed it so there's no PC version showing up either one now.

bread's done
Back