All pre-owned PS2 and PSP games .99 cents at Best Buy!

TKSJOHN

CAG Newbie
Deal found by runute07 [quote name='runute07']Did anyone see that all the PS2/PSP games are now at $0.99, it looks like only in store because they are all "not available for shipping" online but store locator and in store pick up still works...Happy Hunting!!![/QUOTE]

Felt like this was worth of its own thread. I was able to score GTA Vice City on PsP for .99 cents! Good luck to all!

Edit: except for Rockband Unplugged

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting my Kid Icarus, Pokemon Black 2, and Prof Layton games shipped to me this week. Have to go pickup Pokemon White 2 in store tomorrow, so I will check for any PS2/PSP games they have, especially at this price. Dont expect to find much though.

Can't believe I spent over an hour going through all 2,000 entries and only found 3 games, two of which I didn't even like when I rented them. Each of the three is at a completely separate BB too, so I'd be driving all over town. Not worth the time or gas. Someone out there I'm sure will score something big, like the GTA trilogy for 99 cents.

Ordered the following for store pickup.
- Prince of Persia - Forgotten Sands
- 3rd Birthday
- Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny

3.24 total.

Thanks for posting or I would have missed it.

I wish there was a way see a stores whole stock of what that have online vs. searching every game one at a time...

[quote name='CatEyes']Can't believe I spent over an hour going through all 2,000 entries and only found 3 games, two of which I didn't even like when I rented them. Each of the three is at a completely separate BB too, so I'd be driving all over town. Not worth the time or gas. Someone out there I'm sure will score something big, like the GTA trilogy for 99 cents.[/QUOTE]

This brings up something I have been wanting for a long time. I wish GS and BB as well as other stores would make it where their sites let you pull up all inventory of a certain store you choose. Instead of choosing each game one by one and seeing if its in any store around you. Let us just choose the store and tell us all available game inventory that is present at that particular store. Would make things a lot easier and shouldnt be that hard to do for them.

*edit - as I was typing all this, its funny to see the post above me say the same. lol

My local Best Buy had a fairly decent PS2 and PSP section before. Not sure what happened. But they were both removed completely. I did find three PSP games on the bottom shelf of the Vita section though. And seven copies of Devil May Cry for the PS2, used and appeared to be fully complete in the PS3 used section.

Shame I missed out on all those Disgaea and Dragon Quest copies they had before.

lol. Star Ocean: Second Evolution is in stock to ship and available with Ship To Store.... for $17.99.

So basically they are putting sales at $0.99 for games they know 99% of people will not find at any of their stores, and it isn't for all PSP titles.

Cheap bastards.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']lol. Star Ocean: Second Evolution is in stock to ship and available with Ship To Store.... for $17.99.

So basically they are putting sales at $0.99 for games they know 99% of people will not find at any of their stores, and it isn't for all PSP titles.

Cheap bastards.[/QUOTE]

i beleave this is instore only which would explain the price. if they ring it up instore it will prob be a buck

"Where have you been, Silent Owl?"

An excellent question. I was on the Best Buy website, ROBBING THEM BLIND! Got a ton of PSP games. A lot of the stuff I was after wasn't available, but I got some stuff. And now, I'm off to get the PS2 games.

Ordered a few for instore pickup, and grabbed a few more from the shelf. They ring up $0.99 as well. Luckily, my instore pickups appear to be complete - haven't had a chance to go through them. Grabbed a Bulletstorm while I was there, in case the one I ordered the other day turns out not to be complete.

Suddenly a bunch of PSP games are listed as "in stock" at every single BB near me, but when I add to cart it says "sorry these items are not available for in store pickup"

Edit: Now all of them are unavailable. Must be a site error.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Suddenly a bunch of PSP games are listed as "in stock" at every single BB near me, but when I add to cart it says "sorry these items are not available for in store pickup"

Edit: Now all of them are unavailable. Must be a site error.[/QUOTE]
Really. That's happening to me as well. I thought it was only me.

This has happened to me before. I bookmarked a bunch of items that I missed out on a sale last year and one day 5 things that were OOS for weeks suddenly were in stock at every store near me. I ordered all of them and then got cancellations a day later saying it was a site error.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Suddenly a bunch of PSP games are listed as "in stock" at every single BB near me, but when I add to cart it says "sorry these items are not available for in store pickup"
[/QUOTE]

It's a trap! Don't fall for it!

What a waste of time and extreme disappointment. Every. Single. Game. That I picked out is unavailable at every store near me. All 50 games....why do they even allow you to add them to your cart? Best buy is so awful.

Well that was disappointing. The little bit that I did have in my cart was sold out very quickly. That left me with one measly game lol. I wonder if they any more in the store physically?

Mine had a few PS2 games, but only one used copy per title and mostly either sports or military games which doesn't interest me at all. They were all located in a bin next to the audio center. They had about a dozen Hot Shots Golf Open Tee PSP for some strange reason, but I already owned that. Nearly no other PSP game.

Got:
Prince of Persia - Forgotten Sands PSP
Sonic Underground PS2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 PS2
Devil May Cry 2 PS2
Epic Mickey 2 for Wii on that $11.99 sale.

Did not see any Pokemon Black and Whites of course.

[quote name='fairyland']Mine had a few PS2 games, but only one used copy per title and mostly either sports or military games which doesn't interest me at all. They were all located in a bin next to the audio center. They had about a dozen Hot Shots Golf Open Tee PSP for some strange reason, but I already owned that. Nearly no other PSP game.

Got:
Prince of Persia - Forgotten Sands PSP
Sonic Underground PS2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 PS2
Devil May Cry 2 PS2
Epic Mickey 2 for Wii on that $11.99 sale.

Did not see any Pokemon Black and Whites of course.[/QUOTE]

Sonic Underground had a PS2 game based off it?

[quote name='Optic_ghost']Well that was disappointing. The little bit that I did have in my cart was sold out very quickly. That left me with one measly game lol. I wonder if they any more in the store physically?[/QUOTE]

They were probably never available to begin with.

My two local Best Buy stores didn't have much, picked up filler titles:

Getaway, Namco Museum, Splinter Cell, Call of Duty 3, a Cabela Game and 007 Agent Under Fire.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']They were probably never available to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy does have a strange way of managing customer shopping carts so you are most likely right lol. I'm not too worried though because we'll probably see a few really good PSP sales this year.

Joy. The Peace Walker was disc only. Wtf is wrong with people? Why can't I ever get a blind ordered used copy of a game that is complete and/or not beat to heck?? Oh well, it's only a dollar so I guess I can't complain too much.

ended up with

dark cloud 2 for the ps2
nhl hockey 2010 for the ps 2

psp
Naruto Shipuden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 x 2
Naruto Shipuden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes
and
YU GI OH TAG FORCE 5

they had nothing else left

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Sonic Underground had a PS2 game based off it?[/QUOTE]

Opps Sonic Unleashed. LOL I don't even bother to look at the names to these Sonics anymore. Sometimes I end up super surprised at what I get like with that Sonic Knight whatever Wii game.

Picked up for the PSP all CIB for $1 each. Thanks OP

Dragonball Evolution
LocoRoco 2
Lumines: Puzzle Fusion
Army of Two: The 40th Day
Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Dissidia 012 (duodecim) Final Fantasy
Wipeout Pulse
Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
X-men Origins Wolverine

[quote name='seanmcc']Found 5 in store, including FFX and ultimate ninja 4!

Will this still be going on tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

someone will buy them by then

Used PSP and PS2 games were still ringing up full price at my best buy.

I had the associate scan 4 or 5. Does it require a RZ membership perhaps to trigger the discount? He was just price checking.

[quote name='GBAstar']Used PSP and PS2 games were still ringing up full price at my best buy.

I had the associate scan 4 or 5. Does it require a RZ membership perhaps to trigger the discount? He was just price checking.[/QUOTE]

prices fell today maybe the manager was too lazy to put the price drops in their system

Lord of the Rings PS2 game rang up as $11.99. And I tried to buy the strategy guides for Dragon's Dogma and Mass Effect 3 hoping that had been pennied. They wouldn't sell them to me. Said they had to be recalled to the manufacturer.

Bull. Shite.

Manhattan stores I tried didn't have any psp or ps2 games. There might be some in vita or PS3 section because I didn't really try to look through them. I tried in the stores below
23st, 14th, Broadway Soho

Wish my local bestbuy have ps2 and psp still but they havent had one in store for more than a year now. Oh well

bread's done
Back