All pre-owned PS2 and PSP games .99 cents at Best Buy!

TKSJOHN

CAG Newbie
Deal found by runute07 [quote name='runute07']Did anyone see that all the PS2/PSP games are now at $0.99, it looks like only in store because they are all "not available for shipping" online but store locator and in store pick up still works...Happy Hunting!!![/QUOTE]

Felt like this was worth of its own thread. I was able to score GTA Vice City on PsP for .99 cents! Good luck to all!

Edit: except for Rockband Unplugged

Last edited by a moderator:
This is definitely them clearancing out all of their PS2 and PSP used stock. They also no longer take them for trade ins.

I actually found quite a few descent (not great) games, more than a couple that have good eBay resale value as well.

I was able to grab secret agent clank, littlebigplanet, GOW ghost of sparta for the psp. its not bad at all, but honestly the only one I wanted was Soul Calibur...and that was in stock 70 miles from my house...aka...not worth the drive...lol I could easily just spend the gas money on a copy from GS...

Such a pain... nothing is available. Have to add to cart... then check availability for in store pickup... blah! Only able to grab MGS:pW (which I'm only getting for the cover art...) for $1.05 hopefully they send me a confirmation picked email.

For psp I got:
Phantasy Star
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shandow
Lumines Puzzle Fusion
Yugioh 5D's Tagforce 4

For ps2 I got:
Dragon Quest VIII
Jak II

I got all of these for my little brother, I'm sure he'll enjoy them.

Thanks OP

Just went on my lunch break and here's what I got (by the way, I might be willing to trade if anyone's interested):

- Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (PSP)
- God of War: Chains of Olympus x2 (PSP) - no cover art for either though
- Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (PSP)
- Every Extend Extra (PSP)
- Lumines II (PSP)
- Midway Arcade Treasures (PSP)
- Dragon Ball Evolution (PSP) - *shudder* I don't know why I even paid a dime for this

- Spartan Total Warrior (PS2)

Apparently someone beat me to the copy of FFIV: Complete Collection for PSP that had been sitting in that store for several months.

EDIT: Apparently Spider-Man Web of Shadows (PSP) rings up $19.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres what I got yesterday

Syphon Filter logans shadow - PSP

Pirates black buckaneer or something like that- PS2

I'll be checking the best buys that are within 10 miles of me later today.
Don't bother with in store pick up for games unless its something specific. Unless you have THAT much time on your hands.

Heres what I got yesterday

Syphon Filter logans shadow - PSP

Pirates black buckaneer or something like that- PS2

I'll be checking the best buys that are within 10 miles of me later today.
Don't bother with in store pick up for games unless its something specific. Unless you have THAT much time on your hands.

Deciding if I should check this one BB or not. Its about 11 miles away, and im not sure if they are even going to have anything

I checked out a Best buy during lunch and and picked up a used Syphon Filter Dark Mirror for PS2 and used my Gamers Unlocked membership and it got me a 10% discount so I paid a whopping big 90 cents.

First off I want to say I love you OP. Anyway I live in the center of 3 Bestbuy's all being about 6 miles far from me. I went to 2 different locations during my lunch break and was able to get these games:

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger (PSP)
Devil May Cry 2 (PS2)
Ape Escape 2 (PS2)
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (PS2) This game was priced at $34.99! Got it for 89 cents thanks to Membership ;)
One Piece: Grand Battle (PS2)
Sonic Riders (PS2)
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2)
Beyond Good & Evil (PS2)
Gauntlet Dark Legacy (PS2)
SSX (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)

Each game was 89 cents. I will be checking out my other location after work. Hopefully will find some RPG's at the last location. Again thank you OP!

[quote name='nerdaftermathfx']First off I want to say I love you OP. Anyway I live in the center of 3 Bestbuy's all being about 6 miles far from me. I went to 2 different locations during my lunch break and was able to get these games:

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger (PSP)
Devil May Cry 2 (PS2)
Ape Escape 2 (PS2)
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (PS2) This game was priced at $34.99! Got it for 89 cents thanks to Membership ;)
One Piece: Grand Battle (PS2)
Sonic Riders (PS2)
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2)
Beyond Good & Evil (PS2)
Gauntlet Dark Legacy (PS2)
SSX (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)

Each game was 89 cents. I will be checking out my other location after work. Hopefully will find some RPG's at the last location. Again thank you OP![/QUOTE]

Love you to lol!

Thanks for the heads up OP!

Picked up
GTA: Liberty City Stories (disc only)
Call of Duty WaW: Final Fronts (complete black label)
Silent Hill 2 (complete black label)

Under $3 total after tax with GCU!

I went to another Best Buy today was able to get a copy of Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny. Everything else was either new or nonexistent lol.

I was able to find Bully (disc only); I already have the Wii version, but I've been wanting to get the non-motion control PS2 version. Thanks OP!

I was able to pick up The 3rd Birthday, which was the only thing I was interested in (even at 99¢) of the three options available at my local store. Regardless, I was pretty stoked I found anything as I usually miss out on stuff like this.

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']Ninja Turtles Smash Up for PS2 preowned rang up $14.99...[/QUOTE]

Yup. If you sort on the website PS2 high to low price there are a few pages of items more than 99 cents. So it's not quite everything.

I noticed all the 99 cent items the morning before it got posted here... was placing an order for unrelated in-store pick-up stuff. I checked out the used PS2 games at that store, didn't see anything worth seeing if they'd ring up 99 cents. Kinda wishing I did now, because I would've checked to see if they had any PSP stuff. Oh well :p

[quote name='Damklavash']I went to 4 stores and picked up 10 PSP games, now I just need to actually buy a PSP.

Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you dont get the PsP go!

I went and picked up some random games for myself..
50 cent Bulletproof
XMen Legends
Midnight Club
Max Payne 2
Syphon Filter Omega Strain
Sega Genesis Collection

And Star Ocean First Departure for PSP

not bad for 7 bucks.

I opened a tab for every game I was interested in, but my store didn't have much (at least according to the website). I don't have access to my car this week, only a bicycle so I can't really stop by anytime soon.

Jealous of these great finds!

-Goes to Amazon, eStarland, and eBay for the PSP games the local Best Buy didn't have-

I put 3 pick-ups in, all 3 are ready for pick up.

3rd birthday
ys 1&2 chronicles
PoP Forgotten Sand

planning on picking them up tomorrow, will make the 45mile trip worth it to check out the store for other games.

Why are PsP Go not worth getting? Just wondering

I looked at RPGs last night, and none of them were available at any store around me. I'm going to hit up two local stores tonight, maybe three.

[quote name='ets']I put 3 pick-ups in, all 3 are ready for pick up.

3rd birthday
ys 1&2 chronicles
PoP Forgotten Sand

planning on picking them up tomorrow, will make the 45mile trip worth it to check out the store for other games.

Why are PsP Go not worth getting? Just wondering[/QUOTE]

Technically, you can't play PSP UMD games on the PSP Go. But that's only if you don't know what you're doing. :D Search on google for ISO UMD ripper and you'll be able to play whichever psp game you want on the Go. I'm not sure if you need a psp 1000-3000 for the original ripping of the ISO so some research is definitely in order.

Well I just bought 6 PS2 Games online a few days ago and got my order adjusted. Every game came complete besides Star Ocean.

Grandia III
Suikoden IV
Monster Hunter
Star Ocean Till The End of Time
Dark Cloud
Xenosaga II

Best 7 dollars ever!

Stopped by my store, and it looked like the psp never existed. The section and all games/accessories were completely gone and replaced with vita stuff. Oh well.

[quote name='Shuino']Well I just bought 6 PS2 Games online a few days ago and got my order adjusted. Every game came complete besides Star Ocean.

Grandia III
Suikoden IV
Monster Hunter
Star Ocean Till The End of Time
Dark Cloud
Xenosaga II

Best 7 dollars ever![/QUOTE]

Haha, sweet. Great timing :)

I found a couple games at a store 60 miles away and I called customer service and they arranged to have them transferred to my local store. Luckily both were in the top 10 of the games I wanted that were available and both from the same store.

The only problem was when they did that, they charged my card again for the order. So I'm paying double. I'll have to call CS back once I get it and get it refunded.

Make sure you check by the front checkout area of the store....I thought I had struck out but I found a bunch of PS2 and PSP games sitting there on my way out.

Star Ocean 2nd Evolution rung up $17.99. I didn't think to check BestBuy.com before going to the register to see if it was $0.99

Edit - nevermind, I see it was already mentioned

I went to another best buy and it hardly had anything in the psp/ps2 section
heres what I got

Resistance retribution psp
Twisted Metal psp x2
The Con psp
Socom psp

3 different racing games for the ps2 and a football one that looked really dated.
I hope you guys find something awesome!

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']and now they suddenly are "unavailable for shipping."[/QUOTE]
Suddenly? They were unavailable for shipping since the sale began.

Managed to snag Medievil PSP & Ape Escape 2 at mine. Drove to my 2nd closest Best Buy which was 20 minutes away and it was cleaned out.

[quote name='ets']I put 3 pick-ups in, all 3 are ready for pick up.

3rd birthday
ys 1&2 chronicles
PoP Forgotten Sand

Why are PsP Go not worth getting? Just wondering[/QUOTE]

hope you get them i had 4 games with ready to be picked up emails and the store did not even have them

El hordo struck Central Indiana last night as EVERY PS2 game was sold out and nearly every PSP game was gone as well.

one of my favorite bestbuys in nyc that i go to had a solid amount of ps2 games. of course one of the employees that i know took all of them and just left lord of the rings. THANKS PAL !!!!!! smh

Was really annoyed when I showed up to pick up my copy of Xenosaga, only to find out they didn't actually have it despite sending me an e-mail that my order was ready for pick-up.

Ordered Phantasy Star Portable using in-store pickup, lo and behold they had many more psp games in stock that didn't show up for "in-store pickup" online:

Final Fantasy IV Complete
Lord of Arcana
Patapon 3
GTA Chinatown Wars
God of War: Chains of Olympus

Not a fan of GTA or God of War, but couldn't pass up for $0.99 each.

P.S. - Had to price match with the website, everything rang up at regular price.

Edit: Picture is a bit blurry, but tried to include the receipt just in case.

IMG_20130219_224405_zpsefefd2f0.jpg

for those that did see ps2/psp (or other last gen games), are they all just in the same spot or in separate areas. some stores I've seen the games near the new ones (360 used next to new 360 etc) and others just have all their used stuff in one shelf.

After a disappointing trip to my local store which netted 4 meh ps2 games, I made the trip to a best buy about 15 minutes away that I had places a store pickup order at. Got quite a bit there in addition to my order to pickup.

PSP:
- Naruto Shippuden - Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 - CIB
- 3rd Birthday - CIB
- Prince of Persia -Forgotten Sands - CIB
- Soul Calibur Broken Destiny - CIB
- Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 - CIB

PS2:
- Scarface - The World is Yours - CIB
- From Russia with Love - CIB
- Sonic Riders - CIB
- Silent Hill 2 (Black Label) - CIB
- Silent Hill 2 (Greatest Hits) - CIB
- The Godfather The Game (Limited Edition) - CIB
- Xmen Legends 2 - Rise of Apocalypse - Disc only
- Star Wars Battlefront - Disc Only
- Mercenaries - Disc only
- Need for Speed Most Wanted - disc only
- Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix - disc only
- Resident Evil Code Veronica X - disc only
- Resident Evil 4 - disc only

Based on my luck there I decided to venture to another Best Buy. This netted:

PSP:
- Every Extend Extra - CIB
- Dragonball Evolution - CIB
- Gods Eater Burst - CIB
- Tony Hawks Project 8 - CIB
- Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 - CIB
- Lumines II - CIB
- Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - disc only

PS2:
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro Am - CIB
- Star Wars Battlefront - CIB
- Turok - Evolution - CIB

Debating if I want to check out some more stores in the metro...

[quote name='JamesS77']I was able to find Bully (disc only); I already have the Wii version, but I've been wanting to get the non-motion control PS2 version. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

That reminds me...i still have the collectors ed sealed sitting in the closet lol

No Final Fantasy X... damn. But.. I found 3 other games that I loved more than that.... Manhunt, Manhunt 2 and Black.

Manhunt is one of my top 10 favorites.

bread's done
Back