All pre-owned PS2 and PSP games .99 cents at Best Buy!

TKSJOHN

CAG Newbie
Deal found by runute07 [quote name='runute07']Did anyone see that all the PS2/PSP games are now at $0.99, it looks like only in store because they are all "not available for shipping" online but store locator and in store pick up still works...Happy Hunting!!![/QUOTE]

Felt like this was worth of its own thread. I was able to score GTA Vice City on PsP for .99 cents! Good luck to all!

Edit: except for Rockband Unplugged

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShadowAssassin']How many of you who found games checked online first and they were listed as unavailable at your store?[/QUOTE]

I just went to my 2 local BB's. Didn't even bother trying to look online

[quote name='Monoxide1986']After a disappointing trip to my local store which netted 4 meh ps2 games, I made the trip to a best buy about 15 minutes away that I had places a store pickup order at. Got quite a bit there in addition to my order to pickup.

PSP:
- Naruto Shippuden - Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 - CIB
- 3rd Birthday - CIB
- Prince of Persia -Forgotten Sands - CIB
- Soul Calibur Broken Destiny - CIB
- Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 - CIB

PS2:
- Scarface - The World is Yours - CIB
- From Russia with Love - CIB
- Sonic Riders - CIB
- Silent Hill 2 (Black Label) - CIB
- Silent Hill 2 (Greatest Hits) - CIB
- The Godfather The Game (Limited Edition) - CIB
- Xmen Legends 2 - Rise of Apocalypse - Disc only
- Star Wars Battlefront - Disc Only
- Mercenaries - Disc only
- Need for Speed Most Wanted - disc only
- Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix - disc only
- Resident Evil Code Veronica X - disc only
- Resident Evil 4 - disc only

Based on my luck there I decided to venture to another Best Buy. This netted:

PSP:
- Every Extend Extra - CIB
- Dragonball Evolution - CIB
- Gods Eater Burst - CIB
- Tony Hawks Project 8 - CIB
- Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 - CIB
- Lumines II - CIB
- Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - disc only

PS2:
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro Am - CIB
- Star Wars Battlefront - CIB
- Turok - Evolution - CIB

Debating if I want to check out some more stores in the metro...[/QUOTE]

Great Score...

[quote name='Monoxide1986']After a disappointing trip to my local store which netted 4 meh ps2 games, I made the trip to a best buy about 15 minutes away that I had places a store pickup order at. Got quite a bit there in addition to my order to pickup.

PSP:
- Naruto Shippuden - Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 - CIB
- 3rd Birthday - CIB
- Prince of Persia -Forgotten Sands - CIB
- Soul Calibur Broken Destiny - CIB
- Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 - CIB

PS2:
- Scarface - The World is Yours - CIB
- From Russia with Love - CIB
- Sonic Riders - CIB
- Silent Hill 2 (Black Label) - CIB
- Silent Hill 2 (Greatest Hits) - CIB
- The Godfather The Game (Limited Edition) - CIB
- Xmen Legends 2 - Rise of Apocalypse - Disc only
- Star Wars Battlefront - Disc Only
- Mercenaries - Disc only
- Need for Speed Most Wanted - disc only
- Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix - disc only
- Resident Evil Code Veronica X - disc only
- Resident Evil 4 - disc only

Based on my luck there I decided to venture to another Best Buy. This netted:

PSP:
- Every Extend Extra - CIB
- Dragonball Evolution - CIB
- Gods Eater Burst - CIB
- Tony Hawks Project 8 - CIB
- Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 - CIB
- Lumines II - CIB
- Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - disc only

PS2:
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro Am - CIB
- Star Wars Battlefront - CIB
- Turok - Evolution - CIB

Debating if I want to check out some more stores in the metro...[/QUOTE]

i honestly would have not spent 29$ or so on that haul like you did. i would have recomended you buying sly cooper with that money for example as its 30$ atm and the vita version is 20$. love sly cooper 4 so far !

Spend an hour and a half driving to 2 Best Buy's yesterday.

Utterly crap selection of PS2/PSP games but I did walk away with a CIB copy of Resistance Retribution for just under a dollar so that was nice. Also picked up ORC for $5 and Game of Thrones season 2 (Lannisters!)

[quote name='strait edge follower']i honestly would have not spent 29$ or so on that haul like you did. i would have recomended you buying sly cooper with that money for example as its 30$ atm and the vita version is 20$. love sly cooper 4 so far ![/QUOTE]

Some of those I picked up I plan on reselling via Craigslist or eBay (already own in most cases), so I'm hoping to break even on what I spent. Maybe even come out on top some.

Picked up all CIB

:psp: Resistance Retribution
:psp: Prince of Persia : The Forgotten Sands
:psp: Soul Calibur : Broken Destiny
:psp: Ben 10 : Cosmic Destruction (For my son..is this any good?)

PS2 - Sly Cooper 2 ( Disc Only)

Left for others:
:psp: Army of Two ( Might go back and pick this one up)
:psp: Resistance Retribution
:psp: Prince of Persia : The Forgotten Sands
:psp: Splinter Cell: Logan's Shadow
PS2 - Soul Calibur III GH
PS2 - Devil May Cry (Black Label)

[quote name='VA']El hordo struck Central Indiana last night as EVERY PS2 game was sold out and nearly every PSP game was gone as well.[/QUOTE]

workers mostly grabbed everything monday morning (that is what i was told)

[quote name='Times4']Ordered Phantasy Star Portable using in-store pickup, lo and behold they had many more psp games in stock that didn't show up for "in-store pickup" online:

Final Fantasy IV Complete
Lord of Arcana
Patapon 3
GTA Chinatown Wars
God of War: Chains of Olympus

Not a fan of GTA or God of War, but couldn't pass up for $0.99 each.

P.S. - Had to price match with the website, everything rang up at regular price.

Edit: Picture is a bit blurry, but tried to include the receipt just in case.

IMG_20130219_224405_zpsefefd2f0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm wrong, but from the photo it looks like 4 of those games don't actually have "pre-owned" stickers on them, meaning they weren't pre-owned you just got them to price match a brand new game for $0.99 price of the pre-owned one on the site. :lol:

It always blows my mind to see people driving for hours on end to find games on sale, never thinking once about the money they are spending on gas to actually get them there. At nearly 4 bucks a gallon....well, lets just say those are no longer 99 cent games your buying. Not even close!

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']It always blows my mind to see people driving for hours on end to find games on sale, never thinking once about the money they are spending on gas to actually get them there. At nearly 4 bucks a gallon....well, lets just say those are no longer 99 cent games your buying. Not even close![/QUOTE]

In my gas sipping Honda Civic, I filled my tank before I went out for about $35 (I was almost on E) and barely moved the meter from full. I'd say I burned maybe $1 or $2 in gas. I also had some other errands to run in the area so it wasn't just for the games.

Seems like a lot of used BB games that look factory sealed are not. They've got that Y flap shrinkwrap going on, but they also like to put their own UPC sticker over the factory UPC bar code inside of the shrinkwrap too, which for me is a dead give away. I've gotten a couple used games that I THOUGHT were sealed, only to see that stupid UPC sticker. Awesome sale that has filled in a lot of random holes in my collection.

My final haul:
psp:
Syphon Filter Logans Shadow
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
LittleBigPlanet
God of War GOS
Secret Agent Clank
Lego Indiana Jones
TMNT
NFS Most Wanted
MLB The Show 10

PS2:
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4
Devil May Cry 2, 3
Sly 1, 3
Ratchet and Clank 2,3, Deadlocked
Call of Duty 1,2
NFS Most Wanted
Midnight Club DUB RE
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Bully
NHL 09
Killzone
Dynasty Warriors 5
Shadow of the Colossus

disc only:
Final Fantasy X-2
Champions of Norath
GTA Vice City Stories
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Bully

I think I did pretty well on both sets of games...and just so were counting I spent 20 bucks on gas :p

edit I also didnt completely go el hoardo as I left plenty of copies of Bully, Midnight Club, Shadow of the Colossus etc

I had a ship to store comign in when the price dropped ordered it during the b2g1 free so I walked away with Complete Resident Evil Outbreak File 2 Sonic Riders zero gravity and Sonic Mega Collection Plus, for 2 dollars. Then picked up a complete copy of bully for .99

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Maybe I'm wrong, but from the photo it looks like 4 of those games don't actually have "pre-owned" stickers on them, meaning they weren't pre-owned you just got them to price match a brand new game for $0.99 price of the pre-owned one on the site. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Might go to my BB and find the psp games with those black scratch stickers, and see if they will pm the used price for one!

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Maybe I'm wrong, but from the photo it looks like 4 of those games don't actually have "pre-owned" stickers on them, meaning they weren't pre-owned you just got them to price match a brand new game for $0.99 price of the pre-owned one on the site. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You just got lucky then, my store had quite a few decent PSP and PS2 games that were new but refused to mark them down for me even though the new version don't even show up on their website :(

All pre-owned PSP and PS2 games are meant to be .99c but a lot of stores have not had their prices changed in-store. If you go in a BestBuy and they don't know what you are talking about tell them to look in the "hot news" section of their computer and a news posted by corp will be there.

I work for BestBuy and my store are one of the many that the prices didn't change in-store

Edit: My store only had PSP rockband and star ocean along with PS2 nicktoons unite as I sent back a lot of the games a month ago due to them being eol :(

Weirdly, my local BB actually had many new PSP games. Only picked up Dynasty Warriors : Strikeforce and NCAA Football 10 for my PSP. All the others were new and ringing up at $20-$30.

Stopped by 2 BB and only thing worth picking up was Star Wars Battlefront for the PS2. Not bad IMO, now need Battlefront 2.

EDIT: Anyone know if the new PSP games are marked down to $0.99?

My current haul:

PS2
Dynasty Warriors 3
Final Fantasy XII
Champions of Norrath x2 Return to Arms Disc Only
GTA Vice City Stories Disc Only
Resident Evil Code Veronica X Disc Only
Metal Gear Solid Sons of Liberty Disc Only

PSP:
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Disc Only
Naruto Shippuden Kizuna Drive
Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together Disc Only
Soul Calibur Broken Destiny
The 3rd Birthday
Phantasy Star Portable x2
Star Wars The Force Unleashed

A few more stores to visit.

Jeez. You guys are lucky. I went to 2 Best Buy's and there was literally nothing there. I have such a very long PS2 list, I was really hoping I could have gotten something...

[quote name='JYabbz']Stopped by 2 BB and only thing worth picking up was Star Wars Battlefront for the PS2. Not bad IMO, now need Battlefront 2.

EDIT: Anyone know if the new PSP games are marked down to $0.99?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I tried some. MLB 09 The Show was still ringing up $29.99! o_O

[quote name='Crizzixx']Jeez. You guys are lucky. I went to 2 Best Buy's and there was literally nothing there. I have such a very long PS2 list, I was really hoping I could have gotten something...[/QUOTE]

Hmm, having the same problem. Went into 3 different BBs with no stock. There's gotta be another CAG in my area because I could've swore there was stock the week before..

Thanks. Got a God Of War game. Everything else is gone, but not surprising since I can't recall the last time I saw a used PSP game at a local store.

You guys have to keep something in mind. For the past two or so years, Best Buy's TiV for PSP and PS2 games have been a whopping quarter. So during that time, no sensible person has been trading games of those systems. It's only natural that there are very few available.

[quote name='AXV1']I got:
Lumines (PSP)
Siren (PS2)
Suidoken Tactics (PS2)

PS2 games are disc only...[/QUOTE]
Nice find on Siren!

I picked up a small handful of games from my best buy, left the multiple copies around for someone that wants them (final fantasy x, shadow of the collosus, etc)

Ps2
Final fantasy x
Shadow of the colossus
Romance of the three kingdoms xi

Psp
Resistance
God of war: ghost of Sparta
Naruto (forgot which one already)
Wipeout
Tekken
Soul calibur

And I found a sealed copy of The Third Birthday from their clearance section. :D

So my local BBY is Richfield, MN which is the flagship store for BBY corporate. My associate told me he knows the pre-owned team and they said there is still over 14K units across the chain on PS2/PSP so keep up the hunt!!! He also said he would not trust the .com locator becasue a lot of the titles are not set up correctly on the site.

Anyway thought the CAG would like to know!

Managed to get Motor Storm Artic Edge (PS2) and 2 copies of AC: Bloodlines (1 complete, 1 disc) for 99 cents each.

Managed to get about 8 ps2 games from two different stores. Zero PSP games unfortunately.. and the second store only had two copies of World Series Poker...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up i was able to score a few classics and some average ps2 games. Even the Best Buy guy didnt know they were on sale, he was all flippin out "1 dollar!" LOL Sadly out of my 3 stores no psp games.
I got:
The Godfather
LOTR- the two towers (2 copies)
LOTR return of the king
Manhunt 2
Risk Global Domination
Enter the Matrix
Sims 2 (i know pc is way better but i liked this)

got very lucky to find street fighter anniversary collection for $.99
but the real treasure I came home with was metroid prime trilogy the case was not in mint shape but the game was like new it didn't come with all the extras but I I'm very happy with my find total was $30.12 with discounts but I think I can sell the metroid prime for $80 on ebay

Picked up both syphon filters on psp. I'm pretty sure they were new too, just with a preowned sticker on them. They had the creased cellophane not the heat shrink crap and the discs and manuals are perfect.

Other than that I picked up sly cooper on the vita, hoping it doesn't end up for a dollar some day lol.

Figured I would post the obvious: with the 50% (60% PUR+) bonus trade-in credit at Gamestop, you can make a killing off of these. Just made $30 in Gamestop credit for $4 spent on PSP games at BB.

I found a few games at a BB like 60 miles away and when I ordered them, I called CS and they said they would have the store mail it to me.

Well, they were sorta right. The store didn't mail them to me, they shipped from Minnesota, so I'm guessing they came from a BB warehouse since Minnesota is where BB's HQ is I believe. Which would mean "unavailable for shipping" is a crock of BS.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I found a few games at a BB like 60 miles away and when I ordered them, I called CS and they said they would have the store mail it to me.

Well, they were sorta right. The store didn't mail them to me, they shipped from Minnesota, so I'm guessing they came from a BB warehouse since Minnesota is where BB's HQ is I believe. Which would mean "unavailable for shipping" is a crock of BS.[/QUOTE]

There are like 20 Best Buy stores in the twin cities, so it's equally likely it was just shipped from one store to another.

I went into a store today that I had already been to and they had actually put up a sign just saying that ALL PS2 and PSP games were $0.99, even the new ones. This store had no PSP games before, so I asked what happened and they admitted that they had them all in a tub before and were trying to get them sent back to the warehouse but corporate wouldn't let them but when they slashed the prices they just said "fuck it" and put them all out on a clearance shelf.

Thanks OP!

Got:
:ps2:
Shadow Of The Colossus
Yu-Gi-Oh GX: The Beginning Of Destiny
World World Championship Poker - All In

:psp:
Soul Caliber Broken Destiny(Kratos!:D)
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce

[quote name='BudzMcGee']There are like 20 Best Buy stores in the twin cities, so it's equally likely it was just shipped from one store to another.

I went into a store today that I had already been to and they had actually put up a sign just saying that ALL PS2 and PSP games were $0.99, even the new ones. This store had no PSP games before, so I asked what happened and they admitted that they had them all in a tub before and were trying to get them sent back to the warehouse but corporate wouldn't let them but when they slashed the prices they just said "fuck it" and put them all out on a clearance shelf.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it wasn't shipped from one store to another, it was just shipped directly to my home. Maybe they had a Minnesota store ship them and not a warehouse, because the order for pickup I placed originally was canceled in favor of this one.

I was able to get 50 cent Bulletproof, Siphon Filter and Jaws Unleashed Greatest Hits....

Mad Jelly at everyone else's lists, especially people getting Shadow of Collosus...

I hit up two best buys in my area. The first one had 4 Playstation 2 and 2 PSP games left. I bought all but one because it was ringing up at $18 and I wasn't going to make a big deal over a $.99 game. The second one I went to had a copy of Siphon Filter and multiple copies of Tomb Raider Anniversary.

Not the best selection but I ended up with
Prince of Persia (PSP)
Tomb Raider Anniversary
The Force Unleashed
Band Hero
Crazy Taxi

E: The Tomb Raider doesn't even look like it's been touched. It may be a new game marked as used. Also I got 2 siphon filters apparently.

bread's done
Back