All pre-owned PS2 and PSP games .99 cents at Best Buy!

TKSJOHN

CAG Newbie
Deal found by runute07 [quote name='runute07']Did anyone see that all the PS2/PSP games are now at $0.99, it looks like only in store because they are all "not available for shipping" online but store locator and in store pick up still works...Happy Hunting!!![/QUOTE]

Felt like this was worth of its own thread. I was able to score GTA Vice City on PsP for .99 cents! Good luck to all!

Edit: except for Rockband Unplugged

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']i would not paid more then 99 cents for any of those psp games[/QUOTE]

Not even for Vice city? You must not own a psp...

X.X It won't go through the checkout and gives me an error.I guess their servers are being overloaded at the moment.

Got rock band unplugged complete and the last prince of Persia for psp.

All the used PSP and PS2 games were moved to the clearance island in the store. Looks like much of the stock was cleared out earlier today. Found:

:psp: Prince of Persia: forgotten sands
:psp: Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the blade (game only)

:ps2: Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (game only)
:ps2: Shellshock: Nam 67 (game only)
:ps2: Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights (game only)
:ps2: James Bond 007 (game only)
:ps2: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 2

Not what I was hoping for, but it's cheap entertainment.

Oh, man. Went to a second Best Buy this evening as I went out grocery shopping. Not only was it cleaned out of PS2 and PSP games earlier in the day, by a single person :cry:, their DS section was ransacked. Opened copies of tons of 3DS and DS games were everywhere. Torn copies of Pokemon SoulSilver, Black and White; numerous Kingdom Hearts titles and Mario games.

You'd think with the recent DS and 3DS sale, they'd have more employees checking the aisles out instead of just hanging by the register.

I have a feeling by the time it finally lets me go to the check out section that half of the games I want will have been sold out of.

I bought Soul Calibur Broken Destiny, God of War Chains of Olympus for PSP and Godzilla Save The Earth for PS2. I was going to buy MLB 11 The Show for PSP but decided against it since I already have the previous year's version. Otherwise the selection wasn't great, maybe 10 - 12 different PS2 and less than 10 different PSP games and nothing else looked like it was worth getting.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Not even for Vice city? You must not own a psp...[/QUOTE]

vice city has been 1.xx before xmas :) that is why i wouldnt paymore the 99 cent for it now

Found 2 Final Fantasy X Black Labels. Happy with that. They're not on the website but rang up at 89 cents with the 10% discount.

I managed to get :ps2: Syphon Filter The Omega Strain and Rainbow Six Lockdown :psp: Dissidia Final Fantasy and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. Kinda meh but $4 I can't complain.

[quote name='mitch079']Found 2 Final Fantasy X Black Labels. Happy with that. They're not on the website but rang up at 89 cents with the 10% discount.[/QUOTE]

what is nuts i remember buying this game for 50 then like 6 months back finding it for 5 at TRU so i got 10 copies thinking i would flip them and remake my 50...

funny thing is i still have all 10 copies down in my basement LOL

I drove out to pick up my order and found that a number of games were left over. I cleared most of the leftovers out, but I did manage to get a nice haul. Here's the list:

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
Beaterator
Phantasy Star Portable
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
The 3rd Birthday
N+
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3

I'm pleased, but wish I could have pulled more RPGs lol.

[quote name='slidecage']what is nuts i remember buying this game for 50 then like 6 months back finding it for 5 at TRU so i got 10 copies thinking i would flip them and remake my 50...

funny thing is i still have all 10 copies down in my basement LOL[/QUOTE]

I bet you could make that back now. There hasn't been a single new black label FFX on ebay sold recently. X-2 sells new for 30-40. One person has a new FFX listed for $225...

[quote name='speedwerd']You act like GameStop is the standard to go off pricing old games on what is a good deal and what isn't :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hey now, im not going off gamestop as the "standard", im just comparing the 2. Even the lowest price on amazon is $11 shipped. Just trying to make a point that .99 is a good deal for vice city!

Glad I got in on this. Was finally able to build a little PS2 collection. Mediocre games but at 89 cents each I'm not complaining.

Not much where I went. Got all three Devil May Cry games and Beyond Good and Evil (my fourth versions of this game). They also had a lifetime supply of used 007 games. I didn't even pay attention to which one, but I doubt they will be selling out anytime soon even at a dollar.

I painstakingly looked through every page of PS2 and PSP games but only managed to find two games available at my nearby store. I'll be picking up Shadow of the Colossus and Dark Cloud for less than $2 tomorrow. Never had a chance to play Shadow of the Colossus and I don't own a PS3. Great find.

[quote name='melancholysp']Not much where I went. Got all three Devil May Cry games and Beyond Good and Evil (my fourth versions of this game). They also had a lifetime supply of used 007 games. I didn't even pay attention to which one, but I doubt they will be selling out anytime soon even at a dollar.[/QUOTE]

Most of the ps2 007 games are actually great and definitely worth $1. Unless it's just a pile of Goldeneye Rogue Agent.

[quote name='Kakashi Sensai']Does anyone know if this sale is tied in with the President's Day sale or will it still be going on tomorrow as well?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, my best guess is no, as BB is probably just wanting to clear the preowned ps2 and psp games out

[quote name='Kakashi Sensai']Does anyone know if this sale is tied in with the President's Day sale or will it still be going on tomorrow as well?[/QUOTE]

I found mine in the clearance area, so this should be a permanent drop. I figured they would have gotten rid of these months ago considering they no longer carry either console.

My store still has a very small collection of new PSP games.

[quote name='melancholysp']Not much where I went. Got all three Devil May Cry games and Beyond Good and Evil (my fourth versions of this game). They also had a lifetime supply of used 007 games. I didn't even pay attention to which one, but I doubt they will be selling out anytime soon even at a dollar.[/QUOTE]

Depends on which one and what you use it for in your PS2.

I've been gathering that very soon PS2 games are going the way of GCN games, and being gone from everywhere major soon. Now is probably the best time to fleshout those collection's and snatch those rare one's before another Game Stop fire sale to match bestbuy's. Theres actually ALOT of very good PS2 games very cheap Ive noticed that I only found after looking through a ton of them.

[quote name='decayedmatter']Are Best Buy's preowned games even guaranteed to come with the case and manual like gamefly?[/QUOTE]

Do you even know how this works? :imwithst:

Damn was just at a far away huge bestbuy, oh well will stop buy the local one, but Ive never seen any worth picking up.

Does anyone know if BB can ship games to another store for pickup like Gamestop can?

I found a few games at a location like 70 miles away. I obviously am not driving there for something so trivial.

Wow, thanks TC. This is what I have been looking for since the Vita came out (which I have). I have been wanting to snag some psp games for cheap. I have the usuals fo it. MGS, GTA, Lumines, and some others but there are a bunch of others that I have wanted to get for some time now. I am heading there Tuesday morning to get Crysis 3. The last time I was there my best buy had a LARGE amount of PSP games.

whats their policy with used games? GS sucks but at least you can return them if theyre messed up or something. I heard BBY treats it like a new game, once its open its yours regardless of how scratched or messed up it is

I guess for a buck it doesn't matter much but im still curious. Looks like anything good is not availibe for shipping anywya

Walked by the Culver City, CA BB this afternoon. They had Hot Shots Golf 3, Tony Hawk's Underground 2, and 2 copies of Max Payne. All PS2, all disc only, and all games I own. Nothing for PSP.

Glad to see some people got some good stuff. Had hoped to snag Third Birthday, just about the only PSP game left on my wishlist. Or would've been funny to buy back some of the good stuff I'd traded in before during the 100% trade-in bonus.

They dont have any of the 31 games I wanted that could be shipped to a store in my state and can't do my home address.Lame.

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']Any idea how long this lasts? I wasn't sure if it was a President's Day only or a week long thing.[/QUOTE]

Some were reporting these games being in a clearance bin. I would assume its a clearance to get rid of stock (limited as it sounds) instead of just a sale that expires.

[quote name='addicted2games']Some were reporting these games being in a clearance bin. I would assume its a clearance to get rid of stock (limited as it sounds) instead of just a sale that expires.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I tried the search feature first but it wouldn't work on my phone. I guess I'll stop by BB during my lunch break :D

bread's done
Back