Amazon Appstore for Android: GTA: San Andreas for FREE (Thursday, 5/22 thru ? )

Just to be clear (possibly again didn't read the first page) it's not that it's not compatible with certain devices, it's that Amazon will only SEND IT to Kindles.  I emailed them and complained since nowhere does it say it's the Kindle version and since we also have a Kindle it looked like it was compatible (bought it on through a PC not through the appstore).  In fact when I saw as I purchased something didn't look quite right I assumed I was just reading it wrong since I KNOW it's compatible with my device.

Anyway they said that they're working to resolve the issue (I don't believe it's an "issue" however, it's just them trying to control their market) and they expect it to be resolved shortly.  Again, take that with a grain of salt...

Just thought I'd point out that it looks like the amazon Plex app is the same as the android one. That would be 500 coins and you get 150 back instead of paying $5 on google play.

Couldn't you in theory, unregister your kindle and register it on your friends amazon account and get them the points if they didn't have a device.

1. If it works

2. If your willing to go through all the trouble for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not gaming related so it doesn't deserve it's own thread but if you're prime and have a Kindle Fire (assuming it's Fires only) check the special offers. There's a promotion, might be new, but there's a promotion to get one of four upcoming releases for free. They then emailed me a $3 promotional credit for Kindle books on top of that.

So awesome. Can you use coins to buy pinball arcade tables?
I meant to mention last night that the coins can be used for in app purchases on app downloaded through Amazon.

never got the 2,000 rofl
Contact CS, you paid for that.

Couldn't you in theory, unregister your kindle and register it on your friends amazon account and get them the points if they didn't have a device.

1. If it works

2. If your willing to go through all the trouble for that.
You can buy any app from a PC, even a Kindle only one, whether you own a device or not.

sweet, thanks for this, now i have 1800 coins :)

i forgot to get San Andreas, now i have 3,133 coins

When using a amazon account with no device attached, i don't get a purchase button. Only a download the amazon appstore.
Maybe they changed it then, used to be able to but I guess I've had a device attached for a year or two. Guess you have to have some device now but have still been able to buy incompatible things when something worthwhile has come up.

When using a amazon account with no device attached, i don't get a purchase button. Only a download the amazon appstore.
if you don't have a kindle you have to download the amazon App Store app on your normal android tablet or phone which ever you have first and then download the apps through that app

Just so you all know you can get another 900 today for 100%... All the "free apps" of the day also come with coins and while they're all photography apps it's still 900 coins.  I wish they were apps for photographers and not "photography" apps but oh well.

Just so you all know you can get another 900 today for 100%... All the "free apps" of the day also come with coins and while they're all photography apps it's still 900 coins. I wish they were apps for photographers and not "photography" apps but oh well.
I... that's the point of this thread?

I just thought it was cute how Sonic came and posted the deal clearly laid out in the OP like he just discovered it. I was hoping to match his enthusiasm.

Thanks OP!  I wasn't willing to drop $7 on san andres for the free coins, but I'll gladly pick it up for free.  Now I just need stuff to spend them on.  Will probably pick up Monument Valley.  Wish XCom was on the amazon app store...

I also had it where when I opened up the Appstore there was an option to get 250 coins free if I purchased any one of the games listed.  I purchased one for 99 coins, got 30 for the app and an additional 250 as well.

Nope I'm a snarf, just read the undescriptive and misleading topic title (only made for those who frequent the site more than I do apparently and I frequent it a LOT) and falsely ASS-U-ME-d that it was about the original deal.  I was, however, purposely being a little sarcastic since I was thinking "wow, CAG is usually on top of stuff how are they this far before on this?"

is it any good then? Cause ironically I always liked the game but haven't played it since the original nes version so probably completely different experience now lol
Oh yeah, the game itself is one of those that's really something of a classic but got no real love when it first came out. It was inXile's first game which is the studio making Wasteland 2 and the Planescape Torment spiritual sequel. It's also Brian Fargo's studio who you might know from Fallout and the original Bard's Tale fame.

When I said it was a good port I meant from the Xbox/PS2 version, not the old school originals. It's kind of a campy spoof of RPG tropes and what not but the game is good and quite fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3AxNkEVp6I

Picked up all but one of the free games since I have it already, grabbed San Andreas even though I can't run it, and have the 2000 in coins which I have no idea what to spend it on.....Anyhow thanks OP! :lol:

When I said it was a good port I meant from the Xbox/PS2 version, not the old school originals. It's kind of a campy spoof of RPG tropes and what not but the game is good and quite fun.
Now that's something I would like to have on my phone. Especially the Thief of Fate. Haven't played it since my Commodore 64 disappeared.

Ok, forgive my ignorance, but I have some questions. Do you have to be a prime member to do this? Can I use an original Kindle Fire? When did this coin thing start? I've never seen anything about it until now. Thanks!

Just thought I'd mention that if you buy Minecraft Pocket Edition you get 350 coins back.  So with this "deal" you can get enough coins to cover the purchase, and also recoup half the coins you spent on the app.

Just to let you guys know, you can delete the app and rebuy, giving you even MORE points! You can apparently get a max of 20k a day with deleting and rebuying GTA. You can do the same with the 9 apps on the front page of this thread too.

By the way, any recommendations for good RPG or Adventure titles?  I already have A Bard's Tale, and I'd love to get a few more traditional-type games on my Kindle.  The problem is that the app store absolutely sucks and it's hard to pick out the quality games from the hundreds, if not thousands of crap shovelware games.

Also, be wary of doing that delete and the rebuy scheme.  You could get flagged by Amazon for that.

Thanks OP! Picked up a bunch of free games and am going to save 1,000 coins for RBI Baseball whenever the android version hits.

Thanks for this. I have some amazon appstore credit that I was going to use on GTA yesterday, glad I waited. BTW is there any way to check how much credit I have on different parts of amazon? I used to know but now I can't find it.

Ok, forgive my ignorance, but I have some questions. Do you have to be a prime member to do this? Can I use an original Kindle Fire? When did this coin thing start? I've never seen anything about it until now. Thanks
you dont have to be a prime member to earn and redeem coins. you can def use the 1st generation fire (I am). im not sure about the origin of the coins as app currency, but i liken it to when we had microsoft points - its just an alternate currency as opposed to using actual money. i grabbed rayman jungle run today with my free coins

By the way, any recommendations for good RPG or Adventure titles? I already have A Bard's Tale, and I'd love to get a few more traditional-type games on my Kindle. The problem is that the app store absolutely sucks and it's hard to pick out the quality games from the hundreds, if not thousands of crap shovelware games.

Also, be wary of doing that delete and the rebuy scheme. You could get flagged by Amazon for that.
I can't yet recommend them personally, but i picked up a couple of well received Kemco RPGs, Symphony of Eternity and Symphony of the Origin. Kemco has made a ton of these dime a dozen mobile RPGs, some apparently better than others; check them out here:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_mobile-apps?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Kotobuki%20Solution%20Co.%2C%20Ltd.&node=2350149011

[edit] You could also pick up Doom and Destiny, if you didn't get it as the FAotD a few months ago:

http://www.amazon.com/HeartBit-Interactive-Doom-Destiny/dp/B00DQR26EC/ref=sr_1_1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1400263958

Thanks for the recommendations.  Those RPGs look interesting.  They remind of the original Lunar for the Sega CD, which is a good thing.  I'll have to try a few of them out.

bread's done
Back