Amazon Appstore for Android: GTA: San Andreas for FREE (Thursday, 5/22 thru ? )

Just for kicks any giggles I decided to see what all I could get using their promos. Ended up w/ GTA, Minecraft, Sonic 2, Monopoly, Panems Run, Monsters University, 2 crossword games and 350k Tetris coins and a ton of power ups. All for free. Thanks OP, now any time I travel I can say "Fu you airport delays, bring it on!"

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, any recommendations for good RPG or Adventure titles? I already have A Bard's Tale, and I'd love to get a few more traditional-type games on my Kindle. The problem is that the app store absolutely sucks and it's hard to pick out the quality games from the hundreds, if not thousands of crap shovelware games.

Also, be wary of doing that delete and the rebuy scheme. You could get flagged by Amazon for that.
For anyone who doesn't have this game, you get 90 coins back when you purchase it.

Adding all these free apps only netted me 600 coins.  Maybe I already owned some and missed that fact on the confirmation page?  Regardless...  thanks for the post, OP.  And thanks for the links Eldritch. 

EDIT: Actually, the 900 points all appeared.  I guess it takes a few minutes for their system to update.  Nice!

you dont have to be a prime member to earn and redeem coins. you can def use the 1st generation fire (I am). im not sure about the origin of the coins as app currency, but i liken it to when we had microsoft points - its just an alternate currency as opposed to using actual money. i grabbed rayman jungle run today with my free coins
Awesome, thanks

These deals make me want to buy a kindle fire
I bought my Kindle Fire HD from Cowboom just a couple of months ago.

There was a $40 OFF code and I paid under $45 for a 16GB model.

It was this one. http://www.cowboom.com/product/1443185/

Condition Grade 6. No active coupons/promos that I know of at the moment.

On topic: Can we get the links on post #2 to NOT use the slickdeals referral? Isn't that making them some $ if we click thru it? I went thru my own Kindle when buying all the apps.

On topic: Can we get the links on post #2 to NOT use the slickdeals referral? Isn't that making them some $ if we click thru it? I went thru my own Kindle when buying all the apps.
Yeah wtf Edlritch.

Or maybe Slickdeals bought CAG and that's why there's such a shitty me first mentality on cag lately.

Many other games seem to give some coins back too.  I saw Sonic 2, Minecraft, Modern Combat 4 all with some partial amount of coins that you get after purchasing.

Yeah wtf Edlritch.

Or maybe Slickdeals bought CAG and that's why there's such a shitty me first mentality on cag lately.
it actually been that way every since best buy first ran that $60 Discount GCU Promo the first time round a lot of people bought it and obviously migrated here

Wish I had waited to buy San Andreas. Spent $5 (Amazon credit) on coins yesterday to get it. Turns out I can't even download it because the Amazon version isn't compatible with Nexus 5 (Play version is). I'd still have done it knowing that, but would rather have done it for free.

You guys do realize that CAG auto parses the links to use the CAG referral right? It was the only place I could find the whole list when trying to add links to the thread and it makes no difference if I go back and use virgin links.

Crap, just saw that RBI Baseball is on the play store but not on Amazon. Anyone know how long it usually takes games to make their way over to Amazon?

I'll go for this offer shortly, but I feel bad because I am not interested in these photography apps so I will never use them. But since Amazon allows me to do this without installing them, it's not an illegal thing to do.

So far the only game I bought with these was Sonic 2. I also bought Swiftkey (400 coins), the best keyboard to me because it has arrow keys and learning system to save on typing, and ComiCat (300 coins with a reward of 90 coins) which is a database for all the comic books in my digital collection.

I was thinking of reinstalling Candy Crush and using the funds as in store credit to finish the game. Not sure how to use the rest of my coins.  Are any of the superhero games good?

Beside Sonic 2, Minecraft, or Bard's Tale, does anyone know any good app that gives 90 coins?  I need 73 or so to get FF IV with tax, and I don't want to buy $5 worth of coins.  Obvious I know about the photo apps, and GTA:SA.

Crap, just saw that RBI Baseball is on the play store but not on Amazon. Anyone know how long it usually takes games to make their way over to Amazon?
I think it depends on the app. I know X-Com isn't in the Amazon App Store yet, and that came out on Play a few weeks ago. I'm hoping it shows up, as I'd gladly throw 1000 coins at that.

Not sure if there is a guarantee that they will. I was wanting Magic 2014 so maybe 2015 will be there in July.

might never make it look at it this way there a million apps on google play versus 163,164 apps on amazon App Store about a 800,000 apps different. You could be waiting awhile if ever. Amazon App Store is very closed off compared to google play in terms of availability

Just thought I'd mention that if you buy Minecraft Pocket Edition you get 350 coins back. So with this "deal" you can get enough coins to cover the purchase, and also recoup half the coins you spent on the app.
Thanks for the heads up, was actually thinking about getting Minecraft PE and the bonus coins helps keep this gravy train flowing.

Thanks for the thread. I ended up using my 900 coins to get:

GTA SA + 2000 coins

GTA III

GTA VC

Minecraft + 350 coins

Modern Combat 4 + 350 coins

Crazy Taxi

All of that with 6 coins to spare and I have a FireTV ready to set up with the controller (including the free game + 1000 more coins).

Some other games with coins back:

Sonic 4 Episode 1 399 coins, get 200 back.

Sonic 4 Episode 2 499 coins, get 200 back

Sonic CD 299 coins, get 150 back

Turbo Movie Storybook 299 coins, get 90 back

Monsters University 99 coins, get 50 back

Amazing Spider Man 699 coins, get 350 back

Make me money money swipe game 99 coins, get 30 back

Bejeweled 2 299 coins, get 150 back

Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour 699 coins, 350 back

Threes! 199 coins, get 60 back

Stck the states 99 coins, get 30 back

The Game of life 499 coins, get 250 back

Dr Panda's Toy Cars 199 coins, get 60 back

Angry Birds seasons hd 299 coins get 150 back.

That's all Ive found so far, obviously you can make these coins go along way if you want some of these games.

I'm saving my coins til memorial weekend next weekend. Usually every holiday they will have pretty decent sales just like most the different app stores do during holiday weekends

There are NINE Free photography Apps of the Day in the Amazon App Store.

Each of them will earn you 100 FREE Amazon coins.

Get them ALL!!!!

With your 900 coins balance, you can then get GTA: San Andreas for 699 coins + tax, ....it will total to around 740 Amazon coins.

The GTA: San Andreas "purchase" will then get you 2000 ($20 value) Amazon coins.

You end up with a balance of OVER 2k Amazon coins.

:D/

FREE Apps are ...

Camera Zoom FX

Paper Camera

TouchRetouch

PicShop - Photo Editor

FireFrame - Digital Picture Frame

Photo Studio PRO (Kindle Tablet Ed.)

Perfectly Clear

Rhonna Designs

PicFrame

Thanks, EldritchOnRye, for providing the direct links in post #2. I was on my Kindle Fire downloading after I saw the deal go LIVE.
Thanks

Thanks OP and Eldritch for this! Sitting on 2300 coins now. If Magic 2015 has a bomb promo for the Android/iOS/PC version again this year this will get me a free card! Scavenging Ooze last year was a $10-$20 card the entire time it's been out so I hope for an equivalent this year.

Edit: For anyone in a state that doesn't charge tax for digital purchases (look at the list in the Gamestop OP) then you don't lose coins for tax! All I had to spend for GTA: SA was 699 coins.

Holy crap, Threes! is AMAZINGLY good. I can't put it down.

I feel like such a filthy, degenerate casual.
Forgot that was on my list of games to check out. Gives 60 coins back too.

Edit- That's weird and annoying. Had $6.01 in Appstore promotioinal credit from the various promotions recently. It only used the $1.01 from that and then the other 98 in coins. Not that it matters any but I would obviously rather use that first since it (should) expire before the coins and took it from multiple promos for San Andreas. Then again maybe it's one of those weird promos where it had a crazy long expiration or something.

Forgot that was on my list of games to check out. Gives 60 coins back too.

Edit- That's weird and annoying. Had $6.01 in Appstore promotioinal credit from the various promotions recently. It only used the $1.01 from that and then the other 98 in coins. Not that it matters any but I would obviously rather use that first since it (should) expire before the coins and took it from multiple promos for San Andreas. Then again maybe it's one of those weird promos where it had a crazy long expiration or something.
I highly recommend Ridiculous Fishing as well if you don't already have it. No coins back, though.

Spent the night looking and there just is absolutely nothing to spend these coins on. I already have 99% of the major titles, and the smaller indy stuff just ain't mah thing. Amazon app selection kinda blows.

You can have mine lol, the amazon version doesn't even give an option to download on my nexus 7. Even other games that I already have, but got for free via Android app forums, that I might pick up just to have a legal retail version only seem to be available for Amazon tablets.

FYI - All of the Zen Pinball tables have bonus coins as well (30 for the 99 cent tables, 60 for the $1.99 tables).  You have to download the free shell and purchase the tables from within the game (you can use coins to grab the tables too).  Ain't much, but it's something.

I just really, really wish they had PAD on the app store...I need magic stones!!

I passed on this for once reason. I'm selling my Kindle Fire HDX because the Amazon store sucks. The updates are slow, and you don't get access to tons of games that are on Google Play. This would have been an amazing deal otherwise.

I passed on this for once reason. I'm selling my Kindle Fire HDX because the Amazon store sucks. The updates are slow, and you don't get access to tons of games that are on Google Play. This would have been an amazing deal otherwise.
Why would you pass on 900 free coins, spending 700 of those free coins, and then getting another 2000 free coins?

I was going through the apps that give coins back last night and I really wonder who decides what's eligible for it. So much of it are apps that are clear scams, clear copyright violators, and/or have all reviews saying they don't even work.

Thanks for the heads up, sounds like it will be something I enjoy. I am going to wait for it to be on sale or have a kickback though.
You might be waiting a while. It's been out for over a year on iOS and at least six months on Android and has only had a couple sales on each platform. I believe the creators even talked about why they priced it at $3 instead of 99 cents and that they're not fond of frequent sales and the race to the bottom that is mobile pricing. It's also been extremely successful at $3 so I doubt there's any pressure for them to really drop it.

Decided on Ravensword, Terraria, Minecraft, and want to buy Aralon, but 31 coins short. Any free apps giving back a few coins?

bread's done
Back