Amazon Appstore for Android: GTA: San Andreas for FREE (Thursday, 5/22 thru ? )

Thanks. I've been meaning to check out iHeartRadio for a long time so this is perfect.

If any of you don't know what to use your coins on and are anime and manga fans, the coins work on purchases through the Viz Media app. You could use the San Andreas 2,000 coins offer and today's 1,000 free coins and get a year's subscription of Shonen Jump for free. Afterwards, you will have 400 coins left.  

Another free 5 apps with 200 coins each:

Food Network in the Kitchen

iHeartRadio

Strawberry Shortcake Bake Shop

Don't step the white tile

Dr. Panda's Restaurant

*edit

Plex is also on sale again for $0.99/99 coins and you earn 30 coins with purchase.
Thanks! Missed out on the original deal so glad I saw this one. Don't really need anything right now but I'm sure these will come in handy down the road.

Really deserves it's own thread.

Good find on the PLEX price.

Should also note that the GTA: SA is still ongoing. 2000 coins BONUS when you spend 699 (+tax)
Definitely threadworthy IMHO.

Really deserves it's own thread.

Good find on the PLEX price.

Should also note that the GTA: SA is still ongoing. 2000 coins BONUS when you spend 699 (+tax)
I can't find GTA : SA on the appstore. Am I missing something?

Edit: Figured it out. Nevermind.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you find it I just downloaded app but tells me free game of the day is some pet store game.
I saw it thru my Kindle Fire HD. It's a banner at the top of the App Store.

Through the website, you can see it from the Shop By Department link at the top left-hand corner of the Amazon homepage.

You mouse over that and it presents a drop-down menu ...move cursor over Appstore for Android and it will expand the menu to the right.

Earn 1000 coins banner becomes visible .... click.

I "bought" the free apps 10 minutes ago on my Galaxy Note 2 but the coins aren't showing in my appstore promotional credit. Is it supposed to take a certain amount of time, or is this supposed to be something you get by buying it on an Amazon device?

I "bought" the free apps 10 minutes ago on my Galaxy Note 2 but the coins aren't showing in my appstore promotional credit. Is it supposed to take a certain amount of time, or is this supposed to be something you get by buying it on an Amazon device?
I'm not 100% certain but this isn't a promotional credit. You are instantly given the points in your account.

Try clicking on a paid app. It will show cost and your Coins balance should show near the Buy button.

I'm not 100% certain but this isn't a promotional credit. You are instantly given the points in your account.

Try clicking on a paid app. It will show cost and your Coins balance should show near the Buy button.
Nice. I didn't even think to try that. I was so hung up on seeing it in the "promotional credit" box. I went to the GTA San Andreas page and it asks me to buy with $6.99 or 699 coins.

Thanks!

If GTA SA isn't compatible with your device, you won't see it on the app store. You can do it on the website though with no problem. 

yeah I was looking like crazy for gta sa on my device but I found out its not compatible...so I bought minecraft and terraria for my kids :D

yeah I was looking like crazy for gta sa on my device but I found out its not compatible...so I bought minecraft and terraria for my kids :D
But you can still buy it through the Amazon website. Get the 2000 Bonus coins (minus 699 "price") even though it will show incompatibility ( red X ) with your device.

Whoa!  Thanks for the update, OP.  Have heard good things about PLEX.  Maybe it's finally time to jump ship from BubbleuPNP. 

I don't have the option to buy it on the website, it just keeps telling me to download the app store :(

Too bad I can't buy San Andreas again for another 2000 coins...

Since I have a Nexus 7 the amazon version of San Andreas isn't compatible, nor is Need for Speed MW either, can't even see it in the amazon app, but Vice City shows up in the app as buyable. Wondering if anyone knows if it'll work on my tablet?

Thanks. I've been meaning to check out iHeartRadio for a long time so this is perfect.

If any of you don't know what to use your coins on and are anime and manga fans, the coins work on purchases through the Viz Media app. You could use the San Andreas 2,000 coins offer and today's 1,000 free coins and get a year's subscription of Shonen Jump for free. Afterwards, you will have 400 coins left.
This is a freakin' fantastic find. I wasn't sure what I was going to use all these coins for since I really can't get into cell phone gaming but I may have to get on this. I do wonder if we'll be able to use these coins on the Comixology app since they were purchased by Amazon not too long ago.

Too bad I can't buy San Andreas again for another 2000 coins...

Since I have a Nexus 7 the amazon version of San Andreas isn't compatible, nor is Need for Speed MW either, can't even see it in the amazon app, but Vice City shows up in the app as buyable. Wondering if anyone knows if it'll work on my tablet?
it list this in the product description with a summary of which devices it work on:

To celebrate its 10 year anniversary, Rockstar Games brings Grand Theft Auto: Vice City to mobile devices with high-resolution graphics, updated controls and a host of new features including:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is now available on:

Android Phones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy S IV, HTC One, HTC One X, HTC One S, HTC Rezound , HTC Evo 3D, HTC Sensation, Sony Xperia Z, Google Nexus 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Motorola Razr Maxx HD

Android Tablets: Kindle Fire HD 7, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 / 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 10, Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Sony Xperia Tablet S

it list this in the product description with a summary of which devices it work on:

To celebrate its 10 year anniversary, Rockstar Games brings Grand Theft Auto: Vice City to mobile devices with high-resolution graphics, updated controls and a host of new features including:
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is now available on:
Android Phones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy S IV, HTC One, HTC One X, HTC One S, HTC Rezound , HTC Evo 3D, HTC Sensation, Sony Xperia Z, Google Nexus 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Motorola Razr Maxx HD
Android Tablets: Kindle Fire HD 7, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 / 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 10, Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Sony Xperia Tablet S
Didn't see that info on the amazon app, only on the amazon website, still good news though!

Neat. Grabbed San Andreas, Minecraft, and Final Fantasy IV. Shame I missed out on all the photo app bonuses or I could've picked up some Sega stuff or JRPGs.

I see that promo coins expire a year after they're issued, but is there a way to see exactly when? I'm at 4000 from various promos with nothing I'm really interested in right now (or at least what's compatible with my Touchpad).

Just past 12:00 a.m. PDT . . . the END of the Amazon Day and the promotion still appears valid.

This may run thru the weekend.

As viewed thru my Kindle Fire, the apps are grouped on one page with . . . Memorial Day - Download These Free Titles, Get 1,000 Amazon Coins.

Sucks that San Andreas isn't compatible with my Nexus 5 but the 1000 coins was nice. So far, only purchased Final Fantasy IV. Not sure what to spend my other coins on.

Free coins!
But my S3 can't run San Andreas =(

Ah well.
I honestly think it's not compatible with most devices. My sister has an S3 which she has Vice City on. I have the HTC One/Nexus 7 (1st Gen) and I can't run San Andreas or GTA 3. It saddens me, but I'll get to play them when I get my next phone upgrade.

SOB! Not compatible can't purchase GTA. I stupidly selected "always complete action with Amazon App." Can that be changed and if so how?

I don't get why my Nexus 7 can't run GTA SA, but whatever. Paying with not real money to get 20 dollars of additional also not real money is fine with me.

I think it's safe to say this offer is to get people to purchase a Kindle Fire and/or Amazon Fire TV. You could always use the 2,000 coins on GTA 3 and Vice City which is playable on Android devices. If I'm not mistaken, you could play all three games on one device ..... as long as it's an Amazon product.

I wonder what they have planned for Memorial Day.

San Andreas & GTA3 are apparently specially coded only for use on amazon tablets, while vice city isn't. dunno why amazon chose to do that, so will have to get those two from google play. What I'm concerned about is the vice city I had downloaded off an app site was version1.0.3, a current version, while the vice city I paid amazon for is only version 1.0.1, an outdated version...

Help me! Opinions on these games, How the play, look, etc...

Deus Ex: The Fall
Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour
Gangster Vegas
The Dark Knight Rises
AVP Evolution

If my Note 3 is incompatible with San Andreas, can I still purchase the game somehow?
You can purchase it through the website, it'll warn you that it may not be compatible with your device but won't stop you from purchasing it.

Thanks guys! Time to pick a few games myself
Help me! Opinions on these games, How the play, look, etc...

Deus Ex: The Fall
Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour
Gangster Vegas
The Dark Knight Rises
AVP Evolution
Deus Ex is an easy no. What a poorly made game, especially if you loved Human Revolution.

I really don't know what I am going to do with all these coins... 3k+. I don't really play games on my phone and I don't have a Fire TV. I thought about getting one but my house if full of streamer, 2 xbox 360s, a PS3, 2 Chromecasts, an Xbox One and maybe a PS4 soon. I With Google I/O in a month I better wait to see what they have planned. If only the Fire TV had Amazon's Special Offers...

Not sure what to do with your coins? I'm a bit bias as I thoroughly enjoy strategy driven games... but here's my list of recommendations!

Autumn Dynasty ($4.99)

- Best RTS game available on Android right now. Hands down. Might even be one of the best RTS games I've played in the last decade. It's a damn good game.

Devil's Attorney ($1.99)

- Strategy courtroom game. Silly game on the surface, but very complex and underrated. Original to the core. If you have points to burn, you wouldn't regret trying this one out!

Anomaly Korea ($3.99)

- Best Anomaly available.

Star Command ($2.99)

- Unique starship simulation/strategy game. Not the best, but you'll get some enjoyment out of it.

Dungeon Village ($4.50)

- Get your charger ready... because you'll be playing this one for a while. WARNING: Seriously addicting.

Game Dev Story ($2.50)

- If you haven't already played it, what are you waiting for? Get to it!

Riptide GP2 ($2.99)

- Personally, my favorite racer on the market. It's not just a silly racer, it's got tons of options that will keep you playing for a while.

OTTTD ($2.99)

- Silly tower defense game. Highly enjoyable.

Threes! ($1.99)

- My wife can't stop playing. I guess that means its good? 

Out There ($1.99)

- Good reviews. Haven't played this one enough to share my verdict on it. Recommended by a few friends, so I ended up downloading it!

Fieldrunners HD ($2.99)

- Non-linear, open ended tower defense game. Challenging and very fun!

The Bard's Tale ($2.99)

- Stupid funny. Clever dialogue and interesting story. Worthy of at least one playthrough.

Terraria ($4.99)

- 2D Minecraft with more options. But you already knew that.

Minecraft Pocket Edition ($6.99)

- Fan of the original? Enjoy this "lite" version on-the-go!

Monster Wars/Legendary Wars ($0.99/each)

- Deep tower defense games. Lots and lots of options to tinker with. Highly enjoyable!

Hah - wish I paid attention to this earlier when the photo apps were valid but thanks for the tip. I had no interest whatsoever in GTA San Andreas and didn't realize that they offered coins with purchases like that. Though I did have a handful of coins from before. Now, for whatever reason, I have 2700.

I never use them though, besides buying Minecraft long ago. I just rely on the free app of the day to fill in my library. I have a few of the ones nJoy7 listed just from getting those - though I will look into Autumn Dynasty. I just have a hard time playing anything on the Kindle Fire vs. the iPad. It just seems so slow and unresponsive in comparison. I wish I could use these coins on Kindle books instead.

Idiotekque said:
Nice recommendations. Dungeon Village looks like a neat little game, grabbed it.
You made me check that out - I missed it in the list originally. Looking at it now I might do the same!

bread's done
Back