Amazon.com: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Limited Edition [PS3/Xbox 360] - $149.99

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

:360: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Limited Edition - $149.99

Release Date: February 19, 2013

• The latest METAL GEAR console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
  • Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and Platinum Games together, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE will offer a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the METAL GEAR universe.
  • Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
  • ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
  • Limited Edition includes: a full copy of the game, official soundtrack, Limited Edition 2-sided Steelbook, and an exclusive high-frequency katana blade plasma lamp
71wApGUPUtL._AA1008_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Japakneez']Any idea how you got it at .99 for delivery? Its 25 shipping and im also in California...the shipping charge killed the deal for me. Didn't it show you the 99+25 price during checkout and on your order confirmation email?[/QUOTE]

Idk how I got shipping for .99
Maybe it's because it was my first order on Zavii or because I ordered the first day it was available.
I will post a screenshot when I get off work

I don't want to make a new thread for a savings of $6 but the game only is $54 on Amazon now.

[quote name='eau']Has anyone gotten their Inferno Armor code from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I just got mine a little while ago. You should be getting an email soon if you haven't already by now

LoL I just got my lamp in the mail too and it kinda smells?

Think its anything worth worrying about? I'm not sure if its bad enough that I'm going to have to air out my room like the other person, but I took a sniff up close and it made me a lil lightheaded.

However I do not notice it as much once I box it all back up.

I doubt it is anything to worry about. I don't see what it could have in there that could hurt you. Just let the room air out and eventually the smell will dissipate most likely.

[quote name='Wompdevil']I just got mine a little while ago. You should be getting an email soon if you haven't already by now[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Just got mine too.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I doubt it is anything to worry about. I don't see what it could have in there that could hurt you. Just let the room air out and eventually the smell will dissipate most likely.[/QUOTE]

Haha thanks, yeah I am one of those types of people who are overly paranoid about these kinda things.

[quote name='evophile']LoL I just got my lamp in the mail too and it kinda smells?

Think its anything worth worrying about? I'm not sure if its bad enough that I'm going to have to air out my room like the other person, but I took a sniff up close and it made me a lil lightheaded.

However I do not notice it as much once I box it all back up.[/QUOTE]

Health effects of neon

Routes of exposure: The substance can be absorbed into the body by inhalation.

Inhalation risk: On loss of containment this liquid evaporates very quickly causing supersaturation of the air with serious risk of suffocation when in confined areas.

Effects of exposure: Inhalation: Simple asphyxiant. Skin: On contact with liquid: frostbite. Eyes: On contact with liquid: frostbite.

Inhalation: This gas is inert and is classified as a simple asphyxiant. Inhalation in excessive concentrations can result in dizziness, nausea, vomiting, loss of consciousness, and death. Death may result from errors in judgment, confusion, or loss of consciousness which prevent self-rescue. At low oxygen concentrations, unconsciousness and death may occur in seconds without warning.

The effect of simple asphyxiant gases is proportional to the extent to which they diminish the amount (partial pressure) of oxygen in the air that is breathed. The oxygen may be diminished to 75% of it's normal percentage in air before appreciable symptoms develop. This in turn requires the presence of a simple asphyxiant in a concentration of 33% in the mixture of air and gas. When the simple asphyxiant reaches a concentration of 50%, marked symptoms can be produced. A concentration of 75% is fatal in a matter of minutes.

Symptoms: The first symptoms produced by a simple asphyxiant are rapid respirations and air hunger. Mental alertness is diminished and muscular coordination is impaired. Later judgment becomes faulty and all sensations are depressed. Emotional instability often results and fatigue occurs rapidly. As the asphyxia progresses, there may be nausea and vomiting, prostration and loss of consciousness, and finally convulsions, deep coma and death.

Read more: http://www.lenntech.com/periodic/elements/ne.htm#ixzz2LU9joUUQ

I'm a chemist and if it's Neon gas in the lamp it won't hurt you. It's a noble gas which are inert. You would only suffocate if the whole room was filled with Neon, which isn't going to happen in this case.

so playstation 4 was announced today... now im wondering whatll happen to my current gen CEs once i get the new xbox, or ps4. depends which one I prefer.

[quote name='Croozer']Idk how I got shipping for .99
Maybe it's because it was my first order on Zavii or because I ordered the first day it was available.
I will post a screenshot when I get off work[/QUOTE]
get charged dammit so we can fell better about ourselves! lol

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']get charged dammit so we can fell better about ourselves! lol[/QUOTE]

Post a screenshot too perhaps we can ask zavvi why you didn't have to pay $24 for shipping.

And then they end up charging you lol

[quote name='giantqtipz']so playstation 4 was announced today... now im wondering whatll happen to my current gen CEs once i get the new xbox, or ps4. depends which one I prefer.[/QUOTE]

Goodies stay on their shelves and the games play on the old or new systems. I fail to see a dilemma.

[quote name='FQRizzo']I'm a chemist and if it's Neon gas in the lamp it won't hurt you. It's a noble gas which are inert. You would only suffocate if the whole room was filled with Neon, which isn't going to happen in this case.[/QUOTE]
Can I be mike in your group?

[quote name='omyard']Goodies stay on their shelves and the games play on the old or new systems. I fail to see a dilemma.[/QUOTE]

One is where the hell am I gonna store all those new, shiny, next gen games. As it i'm amazed at the amount of games I have for my PS3, had to ask myself if I really bought so many games without realizing it.

I didn't get my art book when I picked up my LE. I went after work and they had run out. I always get the preorder bonuses so I think they were just short on them. Guy even went through the cabinet and he still had 1 FE art book left.

Not sure if I should buy one on eBay now.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']I didn't get my art book when I picked up my LE. I went after work and they had run out. I always get the preorder bonuses so I think they were just short on them. Guy even went through the cabinet and he still had 1 FE art book left.

Not sure if I should buy one on eBay now.[/QUOTE]

Don't spend $25 on the art book. Call up GameStop customer service. I called them up this afternoon and they're supposedly going to send me one.

[quote name='omyard']Goodies stay on their shelves and the games play on the old or new systems. I fail to see a dilemma.[/QUOTE]

PS1-3 games won't be playable on the PS4 it's not going to have backwards compatibilty :(

Anyways how's the soundtrack are the song good? I wanted this edition for that and the steelbook and the lamp was pretty cool but have no where to put it.

[quote name='diazt350']PS1-3 games won't be playable on the PS4 it's not going to have backwards compatibilty :(

Anyways how's the soundtrack are the song good? I wanted this edition for that and the steelbook and the lamp was pretty cool but have no where to put it.[/QUOTE]

Soundtrack is amazing, there wasn't one song that didn't hold up to the epicness. Really good game, I just completed it and although it IS shoter than Bayonetta (even with cutscenes included) cannot wait to replay it already. :D

[quote name='eXiON']Soundtrack is amazing, there wasn't one song that didn't hold up to the epicness. Really good game, I just completed it and although it IS shoter than Bayonetta (even with cutscenes included) cannot wait to replay it already. :D[/QUOTE]

That's great to hear, hopefully there still available when I get some money. I'm pretty sure I'm going to replay it I replayed the demo a couple of times and enjoyed.

My buddy got his US LE in yesterday but didn't open it up till today when I stopped by his house. His lamp seemed to be in perfect condition. I told him at least to test it out to see if there were any problems internally with the lamp but he didn't want to and just stuck it up on a high shelf behind a Dante's Inferno figure :/

In a way I regret canceling my order for the US LE, but I'm also happy that I did. I don't think the lamp is that great. If I can grab it cheaper down the road then that's great. If this really is limited and I can't grab one for a decent price down the road then I don't think I'll have missed out on much.

If you were thinking of spending $25 on the art book on ebay you might as well just grab the hardcover guide from Amazon for $20...

I'm a huge MGS fan and got the US CE... I LOVE IT. The Lamp is definitely an awesome collectible to have. I wish the steelbook was the size of a PS3 case though... It's the size of DVD/360 game cases. Otherwise, I'm completely satisfied. The CE strategy guide is pretty sweet too. Definitely worth $20!

Well no replacement CE today. Amazon said it was shipped yesterday, will be delivered today, you go to ups site and run the tracking and it says they have not even received it yet. What the.....

[quote name='aegisol']If you were thinking of spending $25 on the art book on ebay you might as well just grab the hardcover guide from Amazon for $20...[/QUOTE]

does the hard cover guide include all the art + have the same content as the art book from gamestop?

[quote name='Jodou']Probably because both IGN and GT have reported it as a 3-6 hour game. So either everyone else is bad at game or they're lying.[/QUOTE]

Nice deductive skills, brah.

Except that everyone who is actually qualified to comment on the genre knows that the game is much longer, unless you want ignore most of its content in favor of a rigid definition of when a game "ends."

[quote name='NINJA V']does the hard cover guide include all the art + have the same content as the art book from gamestop?[/QUOTE]
From the official site: • The Collector’s Edition guide is printed on highest-quality paper and bound in a hard cover. It is limited to just one print run and includes an exclusive, numbered lithograph by concept artist Yoji Shinkawa. A bonus 16-page cast gallery with commentaries from the development team highlights the creative processes behind each character. The Collector’s Edition guide will be available only at launch.

Also, you can go to the site to see a video of the guide: http://www.piggyback.com/en/

I don't have it in my hand yet so I can't answer your question really, but I would like to point out that Piggyback makes the best guides in the business. Besides a spot-on walkthrough, the way they layout their guides and the art they include in it, they really try to make their guides a work of art, something that wouldn't look out of place on a coffee table. It goes so much more beyond what you expect for a normal video game guide, but I really hope other companies take notice and raise the standards of their guides, because Prima and BradyGames are put to shame when compared to Piggyback

FuturePress > PiggyBack. Check out the Bayonetta or Vanquish guides. I have the MGR guide now and its not as technically detailed as a Futurepress guide would have been. Its still a great guide and if Futurepress couldn't do it then Piggyback would be my only other choice.

Only gamestop pre-orders received the art book. I think the Japanese LE also came with this artbook. It seems that there wasn't enough art books to cover pre-orders, at least in the LA area.

That guide looks really nice! I went ahead and jumped on it. Their guide for MGS4 is freakin' gorgeous, so I could go in for another one like that.

Also, all the stores in the Portland, OR area seemed to get less than 1/4 as many artbooks as they needed, so a lot of us ended up missing out. :/

[quote name='mariokart64']is the hardcover guide no longer available on amazon? i cant seem to find[/QUOTE]

it's still there.. click the paperback one, then where it says formats click hardcover

[quote name='Japakneez']FuturePress > PiggyBack. Check out the Bayonetta or Vanquish guides. I have the MGR guide now and its not as technically detailed as a Futurepress guide would have been. Its still a great guide and if Futurepress couldn't do it then Piggyback would be my only other choice.[/QUOTE]
Looking at the CE Guide thread, most people prefer Piggyback to Futurepress. I have their Deus Ex, Dark Souls and Soucalibur V guide, while I have Piggyback's FFXIII, FFXIII-2, all the Assassin's Creed ones, and Uncharted 3 and I would would agree that Piggyback trumps Futurepress, in layout, art, and actual usefulness, generally.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']it's still there.. click the paperback one, then where it says formats click hardcover[/QUOTE]

oh! duh! thanks! buying now!

Dammit. I totally forgot about the GameStop art book.

I call today wondering if they have any, and she claims they never received any. I can understand the shortages, but to not even receive any seems curious. I'm guessing others just snagged the few they did have and she didn't want to tell me the truth since I was one of two LE buyers. :(

[quote name='aegisol']If you were thinking of spending $25 on the art book on ebay you might as well just grab the hardcover guide from Amazon for $20...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for asking. I was looking for an excuse to open mine up.

The extra or artwork section just shows concept art of Raiden, Wolf and the main enemies. Along with developer comments on it. The artbook or leaflet thing from Gamestop is completely different.

Far from worth $25, but is okay.

And son of a bitch, my lithograph is # over 10,000.

[quote name='SinnerChrno']Dammit. I totally forgot about the GameStop art book.

I call today wondering if they have any, and she claims they never received any. I can understand the shortages, but to not even receive any seems curious. I'm guessing others just snagged the few they did have and she didn't want to tell me the truth since I was one of two LE buyers. :([/QUOTE]

Mine didn't get them in for over a day. If you call Gamestop's 800 number, they can help you out with any preorder bonus as long as you give them your receipt information. Physical goods take a while. Over a month normally. Codes are generally sent within a few hours though.

[quote name='ghostsong']What does the lithograph look like? I don't have mine yet and want to hang it next to my MgS4 litho.[/QUOTE]

gS5byom.jpg

The # is on the back

[quote name='Japakneez']Only gamestop pre-orders received the art book. I think the Japanese LE also came with this artbook. It seems that there wasn't enough art books to cover pre-orders, at least in the LA area.[/QUOTE]

Yep. They ended up giving me a Bioshock button set instead as that's all they had left.

Niiiice I just ordered the Japanese premium myself ^_^ was waiting for an unboxing and wow the box is awesome and has the same slice slip opening on it like the MGS4 limited box the pictures didn't give it justice imo and those Dwarf Gekkos are gonna go beautifully with the raiden Kai my gf is sending me in the limited ed. from the uk. :3 I am excited b!

For me the CE guide was worth the $20. Also the art in the guide is different than the art book that you get as a preorder from gamestop.

BTW I'm not good at these types of games, but I am really enjoying the game.

My lamp from Gamestop doesn't do the lightning arcs automatically, I have to touch the top to start it. Would Gamestop do exchange or drag their feet?

[quote name='RabbitSuit']
gS5byom.jpg

The # is on the back[/QUOTE]

It is fantastic. Will be sure to get this now

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back