Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='y2jasper']amazon has star wars: tfu2 and fable 3 coming out the same day and both come out to the same price. decisions, decisions....[/QUOTE]Get both IMO! I'm pretty sad there's pretty much nothing I care about coming out between now and then.
[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Oh well. Almost there. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Ha, they will give in eventually. Just tell them Jodou sent you and they'll snap to. ;)

Wow, maybe this will be more of a challenge this time. I just got this email regarding Crackdown 2.

"I need to look into the problem with the $10 Crackdown 2 promotion, and it'll take a bit more time than usual. I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in a week with more information."

They should be embarrassed that they can't even keep track of their own promotions.

[quote name='trent82']Wow, maybe this will be more of a challenge this time. I just got this email regarding Crackdown 2.

"I need to look into the problem with the $10 Crackdown 2 promotion, and it'll take a bit more time than usual. I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in a week with more information."

They should be embarrassed that they can't even keep track of their own promotions.[/QUOTE]Their promotions department is a separate department than customer service, and they work M-F 9A-5P, so any inquiries about promotions over the weekend don't get touched until Monday. Plus, I've been told more than once that they're understaffed, so sometimes, promotion issues like this take a while to get sorted out.

[quote name='FadeToOne']You didn't see: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238099 ?

I *suppose* it can use its own thread, but that seems redundant.[/QUOTE]
I already acknowledged that thread's existence in my first post. The main reason I made this post is the Amazon thread still hadn't been updated with Birth by Sleep, that way people could know about it until it gets added in the main thread. Guess I didn't look at the Amazon thread close enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent in a lower price e-mail for Fable

I wonder if someone gets paid to click the links in there...easiest job ever

[quote name='shrike4242']Their promotions department is a separate department than customer service, and they work M-F 9A-5P, so any inquiries about promotions over the weekend don't get touched until Monday. Plus, I've been told more than once that they're understaffed, so sometimes, promotion issues like this take a while to get sorted out.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm not the type of person to give a customer service rep a hard time. I understand that they just answer the phones and respond to emails. But from a company standpoint, it seems almost too ridiculous to be true. I have worked for companies of various sizes and all of them can keep track of information...several years of information available within seconds. I couldn't imagine offering a promotion for several months, and then just a few days after it ends, having absolutely no record of that promotion ever existing...i mean, this is just absurd.

[quote name='trent82']Well, I'm not the type of person to give a customer service rep a hard time. I understand that they just answer the phones and respond to emails. But from a company standpoint, it seems almost too ridiculous to be true. I have worked for companies of various sizes and all of them can keep track of information...several years of information available within seconds. I couldn't imagine offering a promotion for several months, and then just a few days after it ends, having absolutely no record of that promotion ever existing...i mean, this is just absurd.[/QUOTE]What I posted above is what two different Amazon CS reps told me about the promotions department. Surprising or not, that's what they told me when I was having a similar issue with the credit from Dante's Inferno.

And yes, it shouldn't be the issue that it is, though all I can suggest is to be persistent and often.

[quote name='multicoloredyoshi']I already acknowledged that thread's existence in my first post. The main reason I made this post is the Amazon thread still hadn't been updated with Birth by Sleep, that way people could know about it until it gets added in the main thread.[/QUOTE]

What? Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP) was added yesterday to the first post of the Amazon thread. Which one are you looking at?

It seems like more posters troll for reposts than actually contribute something worthwhile to this forum. Really, who gives a shit? If the post is redundant, you bumping it up with "REPOST! ALREADY POSTED ALREADY, RETARD" or similar is actually pretty counterproductive. Just let it go, it'll be off pg 1 of the forums before you know it. OR maybe the repost is actually helping people out and spreading the word on a missed thread/deal. Either way, unicorns kick ass.

[quote name='xtheapocx']It seems like more posters troll for reposts than actually contribute something worthwhile to this forum. Really, who gives a shit? If the post is redundant, you bumping it up with "REPOST! ALREADY POSTED ALREADY, RETARD" or similar is actually pretty counterproductive. Just let it go, it'll be off pg 1 of the forums before you know it. OR maybe the repost is actually helping people out and spreading the word on a missed thread/deal. Either way, unicorns kick ass.[/QUOTE]

I wish we had some way to upvote shit like this. Kudos to you sir. :applause:

[quote name='xtheapocx']It seems like more posters troll for reposts than actually contribute something worthwhile to this forum. Really, who gives a shit? If the post is redundant, you bumping it up with "REPOST! ALREADY POSTED ALREADY, RETARD" or similar is actually pretty counterproductive. Just let it go, it'll be off pg 1 of the forums before you know it. OR maybe the repost is actually helping people out and spreading the word on a missed thread/deal. Either way, unicorns kick ass.[/QUOTE]

And then there are the posters that complain about the other posters. It goes both ways dude.

I can see how it might have been missed. In the other thread, it appears the games are alphabatized.

Well, all of them except the KH game. It appears after one G title but before other G titles.

I sent them this and they just credited it to me.

You say there was no $10 promotion for Crackdown 2? You can't find it? You're full of it, and you need to stop doing this to your customers. Want some proof that you actually offered it?

Here's a cached version of the very product page when it was up.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...der&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Here's another one showing an ad at the top of the page advertising the offer.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...dit&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

You can also check the product's forum for other people mentioning how they haven't received theirs either.

Here's some other websites mentioning the "deal" you won't acknowledge.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265317
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=2063282
http://betaboards.ign.com/xbox_360_general_board/b8266/192594575/p1
http://gouki.com/Story/Details/deals-jimmy-crackdown-2-dont-pay-full-price-for-video-games
http://n4g.com/news/537102/amazon-offers-insane-crackdown-2-deal
http://infatuatedgamer.blogspot.com/2010/04/amazon-adds-10-credit-to-crackdown-2.html
http://www.slimgamer.com/vbforums/showthread.php?18-Amazon.com-Pre-Order-Video-Game-Credit-List-V2
http://gametz.com/forum/Hot_Deals/topic/385985.html

I would go on but if you still "can't find" it, I'll be happy to show you a dozen more pages on forums or blogs where it was mentioned.
I got kind of snippy, but dammit I get sick of it sometimes. :roll:

[quote name='FadeToOne']And then there are the posters that complain about the other posters. It goes both ways dude.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. He wasn't complaining about the thread's existence, so there is nothing hypocritical about him posting in it. Goes one way dude.

if i remember correctly, wasn't amazon also offering a exclusive online character for assassin's creed: brotherhood? i think it was the jester or something like that. i don't see it on the page anymore.

ROFL, did anyone else just get a $10 credit for Crackdown 2? I canceled mine about a week before it hit and still got one just now.
[quote name='y2jasper']if i remember correctly, wasn't amazon also offering a exclusive online character for assassin's creed: brotherhood? i think it was the jester or something like that. i don't see it on the page anymore.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm pretty sure they did have a bonus character up as well. Seems to MIA for now.

[quote name='Jodou']ROFL, did anyone else just get a $10 credit for Crackdown 2? I canceled mine about a week before it hit and still got one just now.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they did have a bonus character up as well. Seems to MIA for now.[/QUOTE]

Sheesh, they do have issues. Anyway I finally got the credit I was supposed to get for actually ordering the game.

As for the jester character I know it's on gamestop.com. It may be an exclusive with them?

[quote name='Vortextk']Damnit, the credit for crackdown finally came. I might get 10 less on my refund now for sending the game back in.[/QUOTE]
Haha, see if they'll take the credit back, too! Worst part for me is, the PSN cards are OOS so I'm taking a gamble backordering one since they might realize their mistake.

[quote name='shrike4242']RDD normally ends up being next-day shipping from the day before the release date. So, it should ship out on Monday and you'd get it the next day. Occasionally, it's shipped two day on Friday for delivery on Tuesday.

It's free if you have Amazon Prime, and not free if you don't. Completely up to you if you want to spend the money on the RDD shipping, though as I have Prime, it's automatic for me, and one more reason to get Amazon Prime.[/QUOTE]

Ok..so good chance of getting it on tuesday...nice...i might pay the extra. My free 3 month trial of prime ran out in April ....i don't spend enough in a year to pay for the full price of prime...no sense for me.

[quote name='H3xum']Where's this form you speak of, i'd like to submit one as well for a 20 dollar GC and also try to find out why they never package them with the CE of games[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShockandAww']It's usually on an items page toward the bottom. There's a bluish colored "Feedback" box and the link to submit a lower price is in that box.[/QUOTE]

:) yea, I was going to straight up email them but then I saw the little link that pops up a form.

[quote name='mitnosi']Thanks I submitted it too bad they dont let you add in the fact the gift card amount, or am I suppose to subtract that from the price?[/QUOTE]

yea I know...I didn't subtract the price thinking they might be smart enough to know that there's something different going on.

[quote name='Jodou']Ha, they will give in eventually. Just tell them Jodou sent you and they'll snap to. ;)[/QUOTE]Maybe they read this forum or something because I got the VG credit without even sending another email. ;)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Maybe they read this forum or something because I got the VG credit without even sending another email. ;)[/QUOTE]
/Flex

[quote name='super_dawn']Ok..so good chance of getting it on tuesday...nice...i might pay the extra. My free 3 month trial of prime ran out in April ....i don't spend enough in a year to pay for the full price of prime...no sense for me.[/QUOTE]If you do RDD on an item, you'll get it on release day, barring shipping issues. If they miss the release date for the shipment, you can ask to have your RDD upgraded shipping (which is pretty much 1-day shipping) credited back to you.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you do RDD on an item, you'll get it on release day, barring shipping issues. If they miss the release date for the shipment, you can ask to have your RDD upgraded shipping (which is pretty much 1-day shipping) credited back to you.[/QUOTE]
Yup what he said, they will refund the shipping charges back to you. But having Prime for the last few months I can say everything I have set up as RDD has all arrived on time.

[quote name='Jodou']ROFL, did anyone else just get a $10 credit for Crackdown 2? I canceled mine about a week before it hit and still got one just now.[/QUOTE]
I just got a second $10 credit for Crackdown 2 (the first one I got after complaining to CS that it had not arrived in time). Last time they gave me double credit I emailed them about it and they removed one of them... this time, I might just keep the extra credit as a screw you for not handling promotions properly.

[quote name='MacDaddyX12']By any chance, has anyone ever seen a $10 credit jump to $20? I want to pre-order GT5 but wish it was $20! Or should I just pull the trigger and hope they might give me 2 x $10 credit if they do end up changing it? Thanks in advance for any replies![/QUOTE]
Yes for example Red Dead Redemption jumped from 10 to 20, I doubt you will see a 20 dollar gift card on this unless walmart or some other place puts it up at $20 credit(Amazon usually matches Walmart). However If it gets upgraded to $20 credit you will receive that.

I finally got my automated credit notice for Crackdown 2 after sending the screen shot as well as the link to the google cache. I then got a notice from a rep about the credit, but they included an actual code to put in.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you do RDD on an item, you'll get it on release day, barring shipping issues. If they miss the release date for the shipment, you can ask to have your RDD upgraded shipping (which is pretty much 1-day shipping) credited back to you.[/QUOTE]

oh ok..good to know.

[quote name='mitnosi']Yup what he said, they will refund the shipping charges back to you. But having Prime for the last few months I can say everything I have set up as RDD has all arrived on time.[/QUOTE]

yea ...my prime was always on time. :)

[quote name='mitnosi']Yes for example Red Dead Redemption jumped from 10 to 20, I doubt you will see a 20 dollar gift card on this unless walmart or some other place puts it up at $20 credit(Amazon usually matches Walmart). However If it gets upgraded to $20 credit you will receive that.[/QUOTE]

.......I so hope they do this with fable iii....

Wow I didn't have any problem with the CD2 credit. I got the email about 2 days later(i ordered it on friday i think) and it was at my house monday morning since I have prime and wanted 2 day shipping. However it said it would be here by Tuesday so this is the 2nd time my stuff from amazon has come a day early.

yah, whats up with the collectors editions not being $10 off. i would be ordering right now :( i enjoy some crappy swag with my video games.

I just preordered Fable III, and as soon as I placed the order, I got sent the $10 credit, and it is applying to another game I have in my cart. Should I be worried about incurring any charges, since I don't have the $ to be spent on it right now (but will obviously have it when the time comes)?

[quote name='kroberts11']I just preordered Fable III, and as soon as I placed the order, I got sent the $10 credit, and it is applying to another game I have in my cart. Should I be worried about incurring any charges, since I don't have the $ to be spent on it right now (but will obviously have it when the time comes)?[/QUOTE]
No, it looks like it was a glitch. It's not available for pre-order ATM.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']No, it looks like it was a glitch. It's not available for pre-order ATM.[/QUOTE]
Yep, they're getting quick about finding these now. I couldn't find anything I want for $10 other than a PSN card, and those are OOS. Chances are that the orders will be canceled, but IDC.

Any suggestions for a tenner?

bread's done
Back