Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably going to end up gettign Kingdom Hearts and Assassins Creed for preorder. Definitely if the credit goes up to 20 for AC. Now to play the waiting game.

Rage, they still haven't added credit to Fallout New Vegas Collecters edition! Lets all band together and attack Amazon. I'll bring the pitchforks, someone else bring the torches. haha

[quote name='acdcrocks1980']is there any tricks to get amazon prime for free, if u used the 3-month promo?[/QUOTE]

You could get prime for free if you're a student who has a student email address.

Is it bad that I've decided to pick up games I wasn't 100% interested in having at launch because they give me a $20 credit?

[quote name='JP']Is it bad that I've decided to pick up games I wasn't 100% interested in having at launch because they give me a $20 credit?[/QUOTE]
Welcome to CAG. Good luck quitting.

[quote name='JP']Is it bad that I've decided to pick up games I wasn't 100% interested in having at launch because they give me a $20 credit?[/QUOTE]

I do this all the time. Metroid Other M I would have waited on. Black Ops I would have waited on. But since Amazon credit is nearly as good as cash to me, I'd have to wait until I could get Metroid for $30 and Black Ops for $40. The wait for either of those would be pretty long I think.

Fable 3 I may wait for anyway though. I think getting that one for $40 wont be too difficult.

I've got Black Ops and Fable III. I'm debating putting Rock Band 3 on there as well. Even though it's only a $10 credit, I know that is a game I'll be buying and wouldn't mind having it right around launch.

how the fuck does Amazon run out of or not even list $10 PSN cards through them (not 3rd party resellers)

I have a $20 videogame credit expiring the last day of this month and can't even order a couple damn cards from them

[quote name='musick']how the fuck does Amazon run out of or not even list $10 PSN cards through them (not 3rd party resellers)

I have a $20 videogame credit expiring the last day of this month and can't even order a couple damn cards from them[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's BS. Glad I placed an order for one when they still listed the cards. They should have more in stock next month, at least that's when mine is scheduled to ship.

I have Madden 2011 (I was going to wait, but the $20 was too good to pass up), Fable 3, Black Ops and Assassin's Creed, all on release date delivery. I'm expecting a $25 Amazon GC in the mail to get some cash off of Madden to begin with. Hopefully it arrives in time!

Edit : Lucky me, as soon as I posted here, I got my GC!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BinaryTB']Welcome to CAG. Good luck quitting.[/QUOTE]
Tell me about it. While I find awesome deals here, my spending overall has absolutely increased. It's to the point now where I'm imposing a monthly budget on myself and I've never had to do that.

These credits are especially tricky because it's almost natural to double count them in your mind (when you get them & again when you spend them). It's an awesome marketing idea and I appreciate it because it's like the old frequent buyer cards they used to have at Babbage's and Walden Software, but better.

[quote name='JP']I wouldn't mind having the LE but I'm a little hesitant because of the fiasco with the last LE.[/QUOTE]
That pissed me off so bad. What's a bigger slap in the face is, I bought my copy for whatever it went for and still haven't opened it.

I know this has probably been answered 100 times before in this thread, but from the few pages I have read it hasnt come up.

Humor me so I don't have to read 200+ pages. ;)

Everyone who preorders gets the Game Credit, even if you preordered before they offered the game credit?

Or do I have to cancel the order and re-add it to my "to be shipped" list?

Got MOH :ps3: on order and am now going to add Black ops, too.

This is the e-mail that I sent a few minutes ago...
Hello Amazon.com,
I have been a faithfull shopper here for nearly 2 years. Your low prices and excellent customer service has been the reason I look at Amazon.com first before shopping elsewhere and I have signed up for an Amazon Prime membership. Among many different departments that I have shopped at, video games has been my clear cut theme here. Your promotional credit that you offer along with free release day shipping usually leans me towards Amazon.com rather than your competitors.
One problem that I have though with the promotion credits when pre-ordering games is the lack of PC game support. Yes plenty of times PC games will get "love" but it seems like more often than not PC games are neglected while their PS3/360 counterparts will receive some credit oppertunity. Some examples of games with pre-order bonus offers that fall under the senario I mentioned are Fallout: New Vegas, Fable 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Medal of Honor. These games all have promotional credit offers when pre-ordering the game for the PS3 or the Xbox 360 version but for those who want to get that certain game for the PC, there is no promtional credit offer. Even thought the PC version is no different than the PS3 or Xbox 360 version except for using a different control set-up, the PC version gets neglected in pre-order oppertunitiies. That doesn't mean that the PC gamers have been totally neglected. Assasin's Creed: Brotherhood, Final Fantasy XIV, Front Mission Evolved, Kane and Lynch 2, Lego Star Wars, Mafia 2, and Spec Ops: The Line are all multiplatform games which the PC version, along with the PS3 and 360 version, have a promotional credit offer.
My request is that your department looks a little more closely at their pre-order offers and reconsider adding Fallout: New Vegas, Fable 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Medal of Honor for the PC to the bonus offer list. There are many PC gamers out there that would appreciate this. The PC versions are no different from the PS3 and 360 versions as far as content offered by the publishers. Thank you for your time and I hope this request receives some serious consideration.
Sincerely,
Joshua Blake

Two Worlds 2 is being sold with $10 credit for the 360 release only.

Kane and Lynch 2 is being sold with $10 credit for PS3/360/PC.

[quote name='Josh5890']This is the e-mail that I sent a few minutes ago...[/QUOTE]
Aren't PC games usually cheaper then the 360/PS3 counterpart? That's probably why they don't get the credit.

I wonder if we get a decent amount of e-mails out to them we can get the Fable 3 LE credit

Someone smarter and more polite than i am should write up a template letter :)

Can you preorder a game and then later go back and add a gaming credit to it to deduct the cost? For example, I preordered Metroid Other M and it releases September 3rd. When I receive that credit around that day I want to then apply it to Halo Reach Legendary Edition. Since it may sell out of preorders on Amazon up to that date, I've preordered it now, but I don't have the credit to apply. Does Amazon allow you to edit details to add credit offers?

So, Rock Band 3 has a $10 credit right now. The keyboard bundle however lists no credit. Has anyone ordered the bundle and gotten the credit?

[quote name='Thorgouge']Can you preorder a game and then later go back and add a gaming credit to it to deduct the cost? For example, I preordered Metroid Other M and it releases September 3rd. When I receive that credit around that day I want to then apply it to Halo Reach Legendary Edition. Since it may sell out of preorders on Amazon up to that date, I've preordered it now, but I don't have the credit to apply. Does Amazon allow you to edit details to add credit offers?[/QUOTE]

You have to contact support for them to do that, and most of the consensus is that they'll say no. Best bet is to cancel the pre-order that you want the credit applied to, and re-order it at the time that you have the credit to use. Just make sure that the promo for the game you will be re-ordering is still available before you cancel.

$90 in credits for games I plan to buy the rest of this year. I love you, Amazon! Now if only I could figure out how to avoid paying sales tax. :) Oh well, I guess I need good highways.

[quote name='AdamMPSP']So, Rock Band 3 has a $10 credit right now. The keyboard bundle however lists no credit. Has anyone ordered the bundle and gotten the credit?[/QUOTE]

You don't get the credit until the game ships. And I doubt they would give you credit unless they listed it.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']Yeah where is the Dead Rising 2 credit? Come on Amazon $10 at least.[/QUOTE]

You'd have to get Walmart to do it first. Amazon mostly just takes their deals for game credits. I'm hoping Kmart will have a deal for it.

[quote name='AdamMPSP']So, Rock Band 3 has a $10 credit right now. The keyboard bundle however lists no credit. Has anyone ordered the bundle and gotten the credit?[/QUOTE]

I ordered this a while back - no credit has been offered for the bundle yet. Amazon tends to shy away from giving credits with collector's editions and other higher priced versions of games(in this case, a RB bundle). There's the odd occasion when they'll do it, but more times than not they leave it out.

Does Amazon usually not include the credits with the CEs?

I have the Fallout New Vegas CE ordered, and noticed that the regular has $10 credit, but not the CE. Then I checked out Fable 3 and same thing.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Does Amazon usually not include the credits with the CEs?

I have the Fallout New Vegas CE ordered, and noticed that the regular has $10 credit, but not the CE. Then I checked out Fable 3 and same thing.[/QUOTE]
They only do it if Walmart is doing it, and Walmart.com doesn't even have the Fallout NV CE listed.

[quote name='wildcpac']LA Noire isn't showing the $10 Credit for preordering on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Curious if this game is still coming out this year or not, Rockstar really should of attended E3 because I don't even know if they have any games coming out at the end of this year.

okay so I know that if you buy several copies of a game or for more than one system, you will only be credited once. however, what if you have them shipped to another address? the " Limit one per household." part is kind of ambiguous. anyone test this out?

Just pre-ordered Madden 11. I really hope they add a $10 or $20 credit to NBA 2K11 since I'll most likely use my $20 credit from Madden towards that. I suppose I'd have to wait until around the end of August for something to come up about 2K11?

Ordered Fallout New Vegas, Medal of Honor Limited Edition, and Assassins Creed, all for the 360. Gonna be a fun Oct/Nov, thanks as always Cheapy!

[quote name='Jhuntley']I don't think NCAA, Harry Potter, and Clash of the Titans have the credit anymore.[/QUOTE]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

;)

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I adore Harry Potter...just not in questionable game form :lol:

bread's done
Back