Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Callandor']Well, finally got my $10 Dead Rising 2 credit yesterday.

Also, I just got this today from Amazon, in response to the delay in the avatar code: another $10 promo code![/QUOTE]

Same here. Wooohoo!

$10 for a delayed dead rising 2 avatar dlc + fable 3 $20 credit + black ops $20 credit = assassins creed bh collectors edition for $50 muhuhahahaha

[quote name='Callandor']Well, finally got my $10 Dead Rising 2 credit yesterday.

Also, I just got this today from Amazon, in response to the delay in the avatar code: another $10 promo code![/QUOTE]

exactly the same here! 48 -10 -10 -10p = 18. woohoo!

[quote name='mitnosi']Wow, ended up with $30 credit for buying Dead Rising 2 at Amazon, awesome![/QUOTE]

I beat you all. Got it for $48 and got $40 in GCs. Involved an e-mail, an actual call to customer service, and the two credits they sent out. Guess their email dept and calls dept don't talk. Email initially told me wait 5 business days, and I said fuck that and gave em a call. Then email got back to me again after the CSR gave me the $10.

I got a Black Ops preorder I paid for with $60 of GC's and I used a Metroid credit and I get a $20 credit for preordering. And I'm getting $120 from trade ins for games I paid 60 bucks for. Do I win? :p

I just got this as well, now i can order medal of honor for $40 and get another $20 credit to use on black ops :lol:. I think ill order pre order it on monday in hopes that they wont be able to get me my game in time so that i can get more credit, i did this with halo reach and got $5 in credit and dead rising only cost me $35, it was beautiful.

[quote name='Lucian']This is amazing. Amazon always redeems themselves IMO. I got Dead Rising 2 for $48. Then I got $10 for not get the promotional code on time and having to contact customer service. Then, I still got the $10 promotional code. And now another $10 for the avatar code not coming on time.

They are almost paying me to take games off their hands now. :D[/QUOTE]
I managed to get $30 for my free copy of DR2. Pretty awesome. They wouldn't apply it to my Fallout New Vegas order though, which was unexpected. Ended up ordering DJ Hero 2 since my other brother wants that.

Quick question...

I have my CV: LOS $20 credit and will receive another $20 for MOH soon. Will I be able to use both bonus credits towards a single game (Black Ops)?

Thanks.

So castlevania credit mia for most people still?

I'm so bummed all the games are at like $60 now. Ah the good ol' days of 53-56.99 games WITH video game credits..

Sorry if this has been answered before but i just searched for the last 5 mins and i couldn't find it... If you ordered CoD - Black Ops when they had the $20 promotion, would you still get it when the game comes out.. if so are we also getting the laser cell?

[quote name='serge2k']Sorry if this has been answered before but i just searched for the last 5 mins and i couldn't find it... If you ordered CoD - Black Ops when they had the $20 promotion, would you still get it when the game comes out.. if so are we also getting the laser cell?[/QUOTE]
Yes on the credit, probably not on the laser cell.

Man, reading this I am regretting waiting on Dead Rising!

I got my NBA 2K11 credit right away but still waiting on the Castlevania. Been holding off on ordering my next game seeing I am sitting on my $20 for Halo: Reach and my $10 for NBA 2K11 still. Wanted to pair the Castlevania credit too. Cancelled my Kirby seeing no gift card, realizing the game is actually launching this weekend.

[quote name='Vortextk']So castlevania credit mia for most people still?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I got mine two days ago and used it on Fallout Vegas. :)

[quote name='rjcc']it still shows the credit offer on def jam rapstar, anyone know if I order now whether I have any chance of actually getting it, or the preorder songs?[/QUOTE]

got it, and got the credit. still waiting on the code for the songs

[quote name='Vortextk']So castlevania credit mia for most people still?

I'm so bummed all the games are at like $60 now. Ah the good ol' days of 53-56.99 games WITH video game credits..[/QUOTE]

Most credits were only $10 tough, so this new trend isn't so bad ;)

[quote name='Brother Daz']Finally got my Castlevania credit this morning, now to preorder The Fable 3 CE![/QUOTE]
Ugh, still didn't get mine so I had to email them. They're less than 50% on delivering my credits lately without intervention on my part and the last time they credited me, it wasn't for the correct amount. How can they fuck up crediting me $20 by only giving $11.02 back to an order? Really starting to piss me off.

[quote name='Jodou']Ugh, still didn't get mine so I had to email them. They're less than 50% on delivering my credits lately without intervention on my part and the last time they credited me, it wasn't for the correct amount. How can they fuck up crediting me $20 by only giving $11.02 back to an order? Really starting to piss me off.[/QUOTE]

I don't get what the problem is. Why does amazon keep messing up these credits? You'd think it would be just some code. "If item X is ordered before date X, customer X gets video game credit" and it would just be automatic.

Hope your credit comes soon. I got mine before the game showed up. The only game credit delay i've ever had was for dead rising 2. I know how frustrating it is waiting for it.

On a side note, I hope amazon adds a credit, or at least release day delivery to the keyboard rock band 3 bundle! Come on amazon!

Mine didn't actually ship on time was part of the problem, so I can only guess that since I missed the first round of credits they're now having issues sending out the final round. Their system doesn't seem too capable of handling different scenarios unfortunately.

[quote name='KongaKing']On a side note, I hope amazon adds a credit, or at least release day delivery to the keyboard rock band 3 bundle! Come on amazon![/QUOTE]
Yeah, buying RB3 off of Amazon looks to be a bit disappointing. I may end up canceling my order and waiting until it pops up on sale before year's end.

I never got my castlevania credit and had to send an email. I hope it isn't a problem for fable 3, medal of honor, and ea mma. Really disappointed there is no preorder bonus for naruto storm 2 and vanquish

[quote name='ohram']Fable 3 has release date delivery again.[/QUOTE]

I wonder why it went missing for a day or so. I was able to re-order using my credits I got, with RDD, $9.99! Can't wait

For those of you that have pre-ordered MOH, like me, you may want to reconsider if the SP portion of the game is what you were wanting most.

The SP is only about 4 hours long. Yes, you read that right. I just watched a stream of someone playing the 360 version. Watched him install it, play on Medium Settings, he watched the cutscenes, and died a few times. His total time was 4:15.

Being a longtime fan of this series, I was expecting a meaty SP experience...and sadly this is not the case. Not to mention that I thought the SP was decent, maybe good. Definitely nothing anyone hasn't played before. The story was OK too. Playing the MP beta, I personally think it's "meh"...but MP was never a factor in my pre-order...

...which I just canceled. $20 bonus credit be damned.

Just a heads-up...

Here's the link for those that want to check out the stream:

http://nl.justin.tv/mrbbg/b/271516512

...and here's the link to neogaf. Look for the user named "BigBlackGamer" post #178 (he's the guy that uploaded the stream).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23750516#post23750516

"Few Things....

- EA asked me to take down the ending of the game in my archives so I agreed to do so.
- Yea the game is 4 hours on normal
- You need a code to play MP BUT when I put it in the code it said it couldn't connect to server. MP must be down.
- My impressions are still up in the air my initial reaction to the SP is that it was "ok""

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']For those of you that have pre-ordered MOH, like me, you may want to reconsider if the SP portion of the game is what you were wanting most.

The SP is only about 4 hours long. Yes, you read that right. I just watched a stream of someone playing the 360 version. Watched him install it, play on Medium Settings, he watched the cutscenes, and died a few times. His total time was 4:15.

Being a longtime fan of this series, I was expecting a meaty SP experience...and sadly this is not the case. Not to mention that I thought the SP was decent, maybe good. Definitely nothing anyone hasn't played before. The story was OK too. Playing the MP beta, I personally think it's "meh"...but MP was never a factor in my pre-order...

...which I just canceled. $20 bonus credit be damned.

Just a heads-up...

Here's the link for those that want to check out the stream:

http://nl.justin.tv/mrbbg/b/271516512

...and here's the link to neogaf. Look for the user named "BigBlackGamer" post #178 (he's the guy that uploaded the stream).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23750516#post23750516

"Few Things....

- EA asked me to take down the ending of the game in my archives so I agreed to do so.
- Yea the game is 4 hours on normal
- You need a code to play MP BUT when I put it in the code it said it couldn't connect to server. MP must be down.
- My impressions are still up in the air my initial reaction to the SP is that it was "ok""[/QUOTE]

That sucks.... the game really looks/sounds good, however... but 4 hours for singleplay is such a rip.

Wow, now Amazon isn't responding to emails now? All day and no response on my Castlevania credit. They best get their shit together.

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, now Amazon isn't responding to emails now? All day and no response on my Castlevania credit. They best get their shit together.[/QUOTE]

That's weird, I received my credit yesterday. You may be in luck though, as they may credit your card $20 instead. And after what happened with Dead Rising 2, you may even get extra credit on top of that. I'm sure you'll get a response by tomorrow the latest.

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, now Amazon isn't responding to emails now? All day and no response on my Castlevania credit. They best get their shit together.[/QUOTE]

For some reason it took 24 hours instead of the usual 12 hour window for them to write me back on my Castlevania credit. They issued a $20 refund (which was paid with gift card), so I'm still waiting for it to be finalized to purchase my next item.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Dam you amazon......The Force Unleashed 2 - regular edition shows a $10, while the LE doesn't. :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

The force unleashed 2 collectors edition is $5 off right now though. That ontop of any credits u have is nice. My final price is $49.99 for it woop woop!

[quote name='argyle']Amazon just added a $20 credit to Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit! \\:D/[/QUOTE]
Very nice. Hopefully it lasts a couple days until I get some more credit.

[quote name='argyle']Amazon just added a $20 credit to Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit! \\:D/[/QUOTE]

Is this the Limited Edition version? I couldn't find it in the description...

[quote name='crewj']Is this the Limited Edition version? I couldn't find it in the description...[/QUOTE]

I believe the entire first run will be the limited edition. Just like battlefield bad company 2, everyone that pre-orders should get the limited edition and most people who buy it on the first day should get it too.

flippin sweet.

I can not wait for this game. I got all the cheevos in Burnout Paradise. Took well over 100 hours but I loved every minute of it. This game should be awesome! I actually played it at their need for speed: hot pursuit on tour campaign in NYC and it seemed to have tons of potential!

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Yeah, buying RB3 off of Amazon looks to be a bit disappointing. I may end up canceling my order and waiting until it pops up on sale before year's end.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered rock band 3 software only for xbox 360 and the next day the keyboard showed up in my goldbox for 75.55. So for me it comes out to about 4.45 total off the price of the kit after the $10.00 credit. Beats no discount on the bundle I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. I ordered it when it was $56.99 and had the NFS Shift promo with it. So now I'll get NFS Shift and a $20 credit with it. I think they may have tried to prevent both promos from stacking, but they failed. It doesnt say the $20 credit extends to all existing pre-orders, unless you scroll down to the Special Offers section.

Sweet! Pre-ordered. :D Time to use that 20 dollar credit on Black Ops!!! :cool:

In the same boat here: fired off a second email regarding not receiving the Castlevania credit yesterday morning and have yet to get a response.

bread's done
Back