Amazon Deal of the Day: PS3 320GB System + Instant Game Collection - $249.99 shipped

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in video games might like to know that Amazon Video Games will have a Gold Box Event on Tuesday, December 18.

DEAL OF THE DAY
:ps3: PS3 320 GB PS+ Instant Game Collection Bundle - $249.99

With $50 off the "PS3 320 GB PS+ Instant Game Collection" bundle, you can enjoy a one-year PlayStation Plus subscription. PS+ delivers a game library that is updated every month with new titles, exclusive game betas, and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about you guys, but I cannot wait to play the Bissell Carpet Cleaning game sold at 9:00. It even comes with the Deep Cleaning DLC. Let's hope for a good price.

This ps3 deal is the best one I've seen recently for the original 320gb slim model. Original 320gb slim models seem to be disappearing from my local retail stores, and they haven't had to even clearance them out. May have to consider this if I don't want a super slim.

[quote name='Scoot95']I don't know about you guys, but I cannot wait to play the Bissell Carpet Cleaning game sold at 9:00. It even comes with the Deep Cleaning DLC. Let's hope for a good price.[/QUOTE]

win

[quote name='gantt']When Amazon is having these all day holiday Lightning Deals, they often leave out some deals from the initial list and only post them just prior to when they go live. Seems particularly frequent with games. Maybe that's what's going on here.[/QUOTE]

Yes, indeed. In poking around Amazon this AM, and having put some work in it; you (not "you" specifically, "you" my Fellow CAGs) will see there are plenty of deals to be had today.

Either somebody screwed up or they got so sick of us dumping on their deals that they just gave up. Considering the rampant censorship in this thread, I'm actually willing to believe it's the latter.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Yes, indeed. In poking around Amazon this AM, and having put some work in it; you (not "you" specifically, "you" my Fellow CAGs) will see there are plenty of deals to be had today.[/QUOTE]

Like Silent Hill Downpour? I'm not seeing what you're seeing. My Amazon lists a total of one Xbox 360 game, one DS game, and one PS3 game for sale today. Not exactly what I'd call an "All Video Games Gold Box Event".

[quote name='paynekiller']Well in my email it does say All Video Games Gold Box Event, so that doesn't imply it's only one deal for the day really, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is how all previous Gold Box events were advertised.
I guess I'm not really bothered anyway, last week they had some good deals. Maybe they'll add some games in later.[/QUOTE]
You are correct. There is no logical argument to the contrary.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Like Silent Hill Downpour? I'm not seeing what you're seeing. My Amazon lists a total of one Xbox 360 game, one DS game, and one PS3 game for sale today. Not exactly what I'd call an "All Video Games Gold Box Event".[/QUOTE]

I was just agreeing with the dude I quoted; I didn't name anything in specific but, I (personally) was able to find some deals I was/am satisfied with (not to be confused in any way, shape or form with Silent Hill Downpour).....For instance, if Wipeout 3 :3ds: is something you (any fellow CAG out there that "might" be interested), it is $19.99 (but there are only 9 more left 'In Stock', so apparently, someone else might have taken heed?)...

ugh, my 40gb just got the YLOD last sunday, i was able to get it working again to grab most of my saves, the important ones anyway, and now this pops up, which is perfect, would be more so if amazon didn't start collecting tax in my state. but the wife says im not allowed to get a new one until other stuff is done around the house. time to convince her that if i wait i'll get stuck with one of those fugly ass "super" slims blech

Edit: wife has been convinced! thanks for posting new deal OP:wave::bouncy:

now, does anyone know the YLOD rates on the slim? hopefully they dont really get them.

so what happened with Amazon's Video Game Deals for 18 Dec? Is the 320GB PS3 deal all we're getting today? If so, I'm disappointed.

Glad I'm not losing my mind and there really was supposed to be a lightening thing today.

Not a bad deal on the Playstation...I guess...although I'd rather have a different bundle I think, and while I like the slot loading drive, I guess I"d rather have the new design 'cause probably 32nm.

[quote name='ctrek3']ugh, my 40gb just got the YLOD last sunday, i was able to get it working again to grab most of my saves, the important ones anyway, and now this pops up, which is perfect, would be more so if amazon didn't start collecting tax in my state. but the wife says im not allowed to get a new one until other stuff is done around the house. time to convince her that if i wait i'll get stuck with one of those fugly ass "super" slims blech

Edit: wife has been convinced! thanks for posting new deal OP:wave::bouncy:

now, does anyone know the YLOD rates on the slim? hopefully they dont really get them.[/QUOTE]
I think the YLOD of death only affected the original PS3. I have the launch PS3 Slim and no issues. I think Sony fixed that problem when they used the 45nm parts. They don't get as hot.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Glad I'm not losing my mind and there really was supposed to be a lightening thing today.

Not a bad deal on the Playstation...I guess...although I'd rather have a different bundle I think, and while I like the slot loading drive, I guess I"d rather have the new design 'cause probably 32nm.[/QUOTE]

I got the new 500GB model and LOVE IT!! I traded in my 120GB model for it. Now I have plenty of room for more FREE GAMES.

Still wish AMAZON had a little more to give out today.

I'm tempted to buy this and sell my new super slim which is my first PS3. Sometimes it's pretty silent but on some games like Uncharted the disc drive is obnoxiously loud. I'm not that impressed with the super slim at all.

Do you think it's worth the hassle to get this one instead? Is the slim drive silent?

[quote name='Lancezos']I'm tempted to buy this and sell my new super slim which is my first PS3. Sometimes it's pretty silent but on some games like Uncharted the disc drive is obnoxiously loud. I'm not that impressed with the super slim at all.

Do you think it's worth the hassle to get this one instead? Is the slim drive silent?[/QUOTE]

Up to you. My friend traded his slim for a super slim and he says it is so much louder than his first one. I also have the slim one and most often it is pretty quiet though sometimes it can be loud. Up to you whether it is worth it or not.

[quote name='daddaofsteel']I got the new 500GB model and LOVE IT!! I traded in my 120GB model for it. Now I have plenty of room for more FREE GAMES.

Still wish AMAZON had a little more to give out today.[/QUOTE]

Regarding that, you can just throw in any notebook drive. But maybe you mean you had an older/louder one so wanted to upgrade anyway. (I had a second gen 65nm one and upgraded to 45nm and it's...well, it's by far the quietest "big" console out right now. Threw a 120GB Intel SSD in there too.)

Anyone know if the PS+ with this is pre-loaded or tied to the system in any way?

I assume it is just a redeem code, but I've been looking to add a second PS3 and want to just give the PS+ out to my nephews for Xmas

[quote name='Wolfpup']Regarding that, you can just throw in any notebook drive. But maybe you mean you had an older/louder one so wanted to upgrade anyway. (I had a second gen 65nm one and upgraded to 45nm and it's...well, it's by far the quietest "big" console out right now. Threw a 120GB Intel SSD in there too.)[/QUOTE]

After all my trades, I only paid $90 for the system.

I never thought to add an SSD into the system. I might try that. Thanks

Whew. I just got off the phone after 3 hours with amazon cs. They gave me $4 in credit so I could make my own lightning deal on any video game.

[quote name='Lancezos']I'm tempted to buy this and sell my new super slim which is my first PS3. Sometimes it's pretty silent but on some games like Uncharted the disc drive is obnoxiously loud. I'm not that impressed with the super slim at all.

Do you think it's worth the hassle to get this one instead? Is the slim drive silent?[/QUOTE]
In all honesty, no. I can hear my super slim at all times. It makes a somewhat high pitched buzzing sound and has done this since the day I bought it. I kind of want to go back to the regular slim.

Try tweeting @amazongames .... They try to be customer service friendly. My attempts to Amazon customer service by email and by phone have been met with ignorance. Also, let corporate know by emailing the CEO [email protected] ... Someone over there screwed up majorly and needs to be held accountable.

Don't want a super slim. I was going to have to buy the BF bundle but a friend gave me his slim which was turned on like 5 times in 2 years. I gave him a $70 bluray player for that. I like me some front-loading action. I think this is a great deal especially for people like me who had YLOD on a fat. The BF bundle had all games that I already owned. The PS+ is easily worth face value. It's got a bunch of games that I don't have and far surpass the $50 value and will have many more. This deal is pretty much a 320GB ps3 for $200. Great deal in my book for a replacement PS3.

Wow...just went on Amazon chat support to ask what happened to the deals. Didn't ask for a credit or act angrily or anything, just sent a screencap of the email announcing the deals and asked if maybe the deals had been moved to another day. And I got this in response -_-

"I am sorry for the inconvenience Diego. But that is not correct email that is not sent by Amazon.
The e-mail you received wasn't from Amazon.com. We recommend that you delete the e-mail. For your protection, do not respond to it, and do not open any attachments or click any links it contains.
If you responded to the e-mail or visited a linked website but didn't provide any personal information (such as your login or password), your Amazon.com account information should still be safe. However, if you did respond or if you visited a forged website and entered your Amazon.com login and password (or any other personal information), we recommend that you update your Amazon.com password immediately by going to Your Account (www.amazon.com/your-account) and selecting "Change Account Settings." If you provided financial information, you may want to contact your bank or credit card provider."

C'mon Amazon, what's going on with you lately #-o

1) I don't know why people are trying to make Amazon post any deals that may have been scheduled for today. THEY WOULD HAVE SUCKED. Amazon gold box deals have been atrocious for over a year.

2) I also don't know why the mods are pooping on the first amendment. I assume Amazon gives money to CAG or something. Coorporations suck. Deleting posts that mention Zumba? As if that sale never happened? There is no tone of voice in type, so I hope this post doesn't sound sarcastic. But I'd love a mod to explain why they don't want us to make fun of that zumbafest.

3) LMFAO at the responses Amazon is giving.

[quote name='confoosious']Whew. I just got off the phone after 3 hours with amazon cs. They gave me $4 in credit so I could make my own lightning deal on any video game.[/QUOTE]

Cheers for the advice. I sent a 30-second email and got $5 in Promotional Credit.

[quote name='Drclaw411']2) I also don't know why the mods are pooping on the first amendment. I assume Amazon gives money to CAG or something. Coorporations suck. Deleting posts that mention Zumba? As if that sale never happened? There is no tone of voice in type, so I hope this post doesn't sound sarcastic. But I'd love a mod to explain why they don't want us to make fun of that zumbafest.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, the tags and replies in these threads are 95% of the reason people even care about these Goldbox days anymore

The Super Slim is 10x better. Anybody who says it looks cheaply made is an ignorant fool. You can't even hear it while it's on. Sometimes you can with games but if you actually use volume on a TV, it's unnoticeable. The disc slot is solid as concrete. I recommend it to everyone.

I am not sure why there is rage on this thread. Every time a gold box event is announced there is a rush to belittle and marginalize it. Now that the event did not happen people are acting like Amazon was going to have every major release for $20 today. Nothing has been lost and it is a waste of time trying to figure out what happened.

[quote name='mikwiz']Emailed Amazon customer service and [email protected]. Bezos is the CEO. They must be having a long overdue meltdown in gaming. I received the email that this Gold Box Event was to occur today. I hope you all forward your comments to Jeff ASAP so we can resolve this and find out if Amazon is serious about us gamers anymore.
Amazon and Jeff need to hear from you!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='mikwiz']Amazon customer service does not how to respond to this. They have no guidance. This problem goes allot deeper into the way amazon Video Game VP has managed their division. Please email [email protected]. It is the only way that corporate feels the pain. In fact, they probably don't realize their is a long-standing problem in Amazon gaming. Other than the sales . .. ........[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mikwiz']Try tweeting @amazongames .... They try to be customer service friendly. My attempts to Amazon customer service by email and by phone have been met with ignorance. Also, let corporate know by emailing the CEO [email protected] ... Someone over there screwed up majorly and needs to be held accountable.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know the CEO's email address? His name is Geoff Beebus or something like that.

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']Wow...just went on Amazon chat support to ask what happened to the deals. Didn't ask for a credit or act angrily or anything, just sent a screencap of the email announcing the deals and asked if maybe the deals had been moved to another day. And I got this in response -_-

"I am sorry for the inconvenience Diego. But that is not correct email that is not sent by Amazon.
The e-mail you received wasn't from Amazon.com. We recommend that you delete the e-mail. For your protection, do not respond to it, and do not open any attachments or click any links it contains.
If you responded to the e-mail or visited a linked website but didn't provide any personal information (such as your login or password), your Amazon.com account information should still be safe. However, if you did respond or if you visited a forged website and entered your Amazon.com login and password (or any other personal information), we recommend that you update your Amazon.com password immediately by going to Your Account (www.amazon.com/your-account) and selecting "Change Account Settings." If you provided financial information, you may want to contact your bank or credit card provider."

C'mon Amazon, what's going on with you lately #-o[/QUOTE]

After reading this thread, I went through every link in their announcement email. Every single one directs to Amazon.com. Are they telling us that somebody created a prank email, but then forgot to change the links to their phishing website?

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am not sure why there is rage on this thread. Every time a gold box event is announced there is a rush to belittle and marginalize it. Now that the event did not happen people are acting like Amazon was going to have every major release for $20 today. Nothing has been lost and it is a waste of time trying to figure out what happened.[/QUOTE]

I don't get this. Should Amazon not be held accountable for their screw ups? Have they done something to deserve a pass? I'm not raging, and I highly about anyone else here is truly "raging", but Amazon screwed up, and from the look of things, they're not even willing to own up to it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Anyone know if the new one uses 32nm? I'd assume it's more reliable if it does.[/QUOTE]
It's not. And moving to a smaller technology node does not imply better reliability, if anything, it means the opposite.

[quote name='confoosious']I was making a joke.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't. I got $5 in credit :)
I hadn't even really thought to contact Amazon about it; after all, I didn't really care. But I'm glad I did. I'll find a use for that $5.

My guess is that some of the people complaining to Amazon about no lighting deals are just looking for some form of compensation and they probably wouldn't have even bought anything if there were lighting deals today.

[quote name='AJVtony831']My guess is that some of the people complaining to Amazon about no lighting deals are just looking for some form of compensation and they probably wouldn't have even bought anything if there were lighting deals today.[/QUOTE]

True. And the deal right now is actually good. The first slim is better than the super slim, in my opinion.

Well the Amazongames twitter account officially stated that it's just the console for today.

Amazon Video Games @amazongames
Sincere apologies for any confusion! - Today we just have the main GB deal.

Their twitter also states that there will be a true video game gold box event next week.

Amazon Video Games @amazongames
Check back next week for a true ALL VG event, full of Lightning Deals. Again, sorry for the confusion today!

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']Wow...just went on Amazon chat support to ask what happened to the deals. Didn't ask for a credit or act angrily or anything, just sent a screencap of the email announcing the deals and asked if maybe the deals had been moved to another day. And I got this in response -_-

C'mon Amazon, what's going on with you lately #-o[/QUOTE]

Holy crap...I sent in an email to the customer support telling them this happened and they sent me a $20.00 credit to use on whatever I want o_O Best Customer Service (and Goldbox) ever!

lol I came into this thread because I thought I had maybe imagined the gold box thing for today! Why are people getting mad that consumers are holding amazon accountable? Guys, it's just a running gag we have here that the gold box events suck. Every once in a while, believe it or not, people do purchase things from them. And I'd bet most of us check them out when they happen.

I've seen a lot of level-headed posts from people trying to figure out what happened, and doing the appropriate thing and emailing the company. There is nothing wrong with that! Do some of you not realize the purpose of this community? What good does it do to have such a divisive attitude. SMDH.

depends, if you will be getting a storage upgrade from previous ps3 and will just be paying less than 60$ for this deal (just my estimate) then go for it.

super slim is definitely more noisy than old slim, though I .think it runs cooler. But if you have that 500gb ac3 bundle I would skip this. If I have s 250gb duperslim this might be a pretty good deal depending how much I'm getting on the super slim.

bread's done
Back