Amazon Deal of the Day: PS3 320GB System + Instant Game Collection - $249.99 shipped

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in video games might like to know that Amazon Video Games will have a Gold Box Event on Tuesday, December 18.

DEAL OF THE DAY
:ps3: PS3 320 GB PS+ Instant Game Collection Bundle - $249.99

With $50 off the "PS3 320 GB PS+ Instant Game Collection" bundle, you can enjoy a one-year PlayStation Plus subscription. PS+ delivers a game library that is updated every month with new titles, exclusive game betas, and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='therealdanhill']lol I came into this thread because I thought I had maybe imagined the gold box thing for today! Why are people getting mad that consumers are holding amazon accountable?[/QUOTE]

Accountable for what? Not offering deals? They just didn't post special sales. Plans change, goofs happen. They didn't take any money unjustly or withhold product paid for, or even advertise anything specific that was pulled, so they owe us nothing. No sales today. Big deal. Lets' move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, the only people raging are just people anally pained at other cags, for whatever silly reason. Look, here's the fact. Many people thought there was going to be a gold box sale today because Amazon itself said so. With the absence of a sale, people rightfully contacted Amazon to find out what the problem is.

how anybody with even half a brain could get irrationality out of that is beyond me, unless you just get off on being a moronand antagonizing a community you are a part of.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Like I said, the only people raging are just people anally pained at other cags, for whatever silly reason. Look, here's the fact. Many people thought there was going to be a gold box sale today because Amazon itself said so. With the absence of a sale, people rightfully contacted Amazon to find out what the problem is.

how anybody with even half a brain could get irrationality out of that is beyond me, unless you just get off on being a moronand antagonizing a community you are a part of.[/QUOTE]

Because life changes. Deal with it.

There's a difference between wondering why a deal didn't happen or if something is wrong with their computer or if they missed something obvious, etc. and begging for money.

It's not like Amazon promised a certain game at a certain amount and a certain time and then didn't deliver and you were out time or money because you expected it to happen and stayed up all night waiting for it. Hell, you'd have more of a leg to stand on if your local coffee shop promised to have a sale on mugs and then when you showed up, they said "oh man, we decided not to have that sale." And yet, if that were the case, most RATIONAL people would shrug, say "oh that's too bad" and get their morning coffee and leave. Yet, because this is amazon and they have great CS, people beg for money. That's what it is, begging. Don't sugar coat it now.

People make fun of amazon gold box events for being terrible but when it doesn't happen, it so pained them that they deserved some compensation? :roll:

And as loaded a word as entitlement is (and I don't mean this to be political at all), this is the sort of bullshit entitlement that rational CAGs are sick of.

also, not raging, just laughing.

[quote name='confoosious']Because life changes. Deal with it.

There's a difference between wondering why a deal didn't happen or if something is wrong with their computer or if they missed something obvious, etc. and begging for money.

It's not like Amazon promised a certain game at a certain amount and a certain time and then didn't deliver and you were out time or money because you expected it to happen and stayed up all night waiting for it. Hell, you'd have more of a leg to stand on if your local coffee shop promised to have a sale on mugs and then when you showed up, they said "oh man, we decided not to have that sale." And yet, if that were the case, most RATIONAL people would shrug, say "oh that's too bad" and get their morning coffee and leave. Yet, because this is amazon and they have great CS, people beg for money. That's what it is, begging. Don't sugar coat it now.

People make fun of amazon gold box events for being terrible but when it doesn't happen, it so pained them that they deserved some compensation? :roll:

And as loaded a word as entitlement is (and I don't mean this to be political at all), this is the sort of bullshit entitlement that rational CAGs are sick of.

also, not raging, just laughing.[/QUOTE]

It isn't entitlement to expect a company to follow through with what they advertised. This isn't like a collective of gamers are upset because they wanted a sale today, and it just didn't happen. Amazon advertised a sale today, and then did not follow through with it. Some people might have waited up to see what the sales would be. Some people might have planned for some last minute Christmas shopping via today's gold box, etc.

While none of these things effect me, I certainly don't feel anyone is entitled for being bothered by Amazon's inability to follow through with their advertisements, especially since it took them five full hours to just say, "Oops, guys, no video game sale today!"

That said, what I don't get is you apologists. It doesn't matter how a company screws up, you immediately defend them. Nobody called for a boycott of Amazon, and the one guy I saw get any compensation did so because of your influence. Most of the people in this thread were laughing about it, and the few people I've seen legitimately talking down to people are you apologists (and maybe me in this post).

[quote name='CAGMoose']I wasn't. I got $5 in credit :)
I hadn't even really thought to contact Amazon about it; after all, I didn't really care. But I'm glad I did. I'll find a use for that $5.[/QUOTE]

but is a 5 buck credit worth a ban

[quote name='Broken Cage']and the few people I've seen legitimately talking down to people are you apologists (and maybe me in this post).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='therealdanhill']how anybody with even half a brain could get irrationality out of that is beyond me, unless you just get off on being a moronand antagonizing a community you are a part of.[/QUOTE].

[quote name='dino88'].[/QUOTE]

You've got one sentence, from one guy, obviously responding to you apologists.

I can find three posts of you being a dick in this thread alone. What's your point? You guys still far outweigh the rest of us.

[quote name='Zolor23']Wasn't everyone mocking Amazon for their terrible sales? When it's cancelled, you complain? Ok...[/QUOTE]

They didn't cancel it. They advertised it, then didn't follow through with it, five hours later they said, "oops" and scheduled it for next week.

Great divide between, "Due to poor sales and customer feedback we've decided to cancel our goldbox event" and "oops."

Company cancels a sale-

normal behavior: "awww man, that sucks" / "those bastards!" / "they're not as good as they used to be" / "I don't appreciate their behavior and will stop shopping there as much."
entitled bs behavior: I should call them and get some monies

I'm disappointed they didn't have their sale. I was hoping to pick up some last minute stocking stuffers. But life goes on.

Once again, confoo, who called them to get money? and why would you immediately assume the majority of people would do that? What evidence do you have?

This isn't an isolated incident from you, you are always quick to insult other members of the community for not holding up to some perceived standard. You'll take one statement from someone and use it against everyone in some self righteous mannerat every opportunity. Hey, if I'm wrong here people, chime in. Why do you even post if you have nothing good to say, if you want to just be a Dick to everyone?

No Shit life goes on.nobody here is getting as upset as you are at everybody who doesn't meet your half brained standard of what they should or should not say or do. Why not just keep it to yourself? Do you really think everyone here is asking for your always detrimental opinion towards the community? Better yet, why not be Pissed at the people who you think are being idiots rather than once again putting everyone here down? Are you aware not everyone thinks the same things?

[quote name='slidecage']but is a 5 buck credit worth a ban[/QUOTE]

What a stupid comment. If they're willing to forego the money they make on me because: (1) I emailed them and asked them why they decided not to offer the "All Video Game Gold Box" and (2) they replied by apologizing and offering me promotional credit, then they would be some of the dumbest business-people ever.

Therefore, following the train of logic, you must be suggesting that Amazon decision-makers are some of the dumbest business-people ever. I think they have a nice way of apologizing for a mistake or a miscommunication. I happily accept their apology.

[quote name='CAGMoose']What a stupid comment. If they're willing to forego the money they make on me because: (1) I emailed them and asked them why they decided not to offer the "All Video Game Gold Box" and (2) they replied by apologizing and offering me promotional credit, then they would be some of the dumbest business-people ever.

Therefore, following the train of logic, you must be suggesting that Amazon decision-makers are some of the dumbest business-people ever. I think they have a nice way of apologizing for a mistake or a miscommunication. I happily accept their apology.[/QUOTE]

Just depends on how often you complain about crap like this. They will ban for it if you do it all the time.

[quote name='confoosious']Company cancels a sale-

normal behavior: "awww man, that sucks" / "those bastards!" / "they're not as good as they used to be" / "I don't appreciate their behavior and will stop shopping there as much."
entitled bs behavior: I should call them and get some monies

I'm disappointed they didn't have their sale. I was hoping to pick up some last minute stocking stuffers. But life goes on.[/QUOTE]

And I've seen one person in this thread actively attempt to get a credit, and they only did so after you claimed to do the same thing. You planted the idea.

The other guy got a credit by complete accident while trying to find out what was going on with the sale (as the rest of us were doing), and once Amazon posted a definitive cancellation, I haven't seen another person make a post about Amazon. If they had outright cancelled it (as you're suggesting they did) instead of just not doing it and leaving everyone in the dark, this thread would have been a lot shorter. In fact, I'm willing to bet it would have been, "Gold Box Event cancelled." -- "Oh well, it probably would have been a bunch of Wii games anyway."

I dunno why they cancelled it. I looked today expecting a game or at least a headset and saw the vacuum. Very disappointing.

when I make a joke about being on the phone with amazon for three hours and getting 4 bucks, I would think no one took me seriously. Obviously I was joking around. (It's too bad it turned into this. We should just celebrate the Xbox sale!)

@Therealdanhill - Where did I say a majority of people did anything? I was laughing at the people that did. I apologize if that offended you.

[quote name='Ralph444']Slim >>>>>> Super Slim

That is all.[/QUOTE]

+360

I still have a working backward compatible 80 gig and I wanted to bite on this, but I can wait next year for the new PS. I just watch blurays on mine nowadays so I think it'll last til then.

Don't feel like reading 8 pages, I just ordered the 320gb ps3 ps+ bundle, is my order gonna get cancelled or something? I thought it was a steal honestly

Tempted by this deal, but my near launch PS3 is still working. If it was going to YLOD it probably would have by now. I'll sit tight and hope for the best.

[quote name='Pravado']Don't feel like reading 8 pages, I just ordered the 320gb ps3 ps+ bundle, is my order gonna get cancelled or something? I thought it was a steal honestly[/QUOTE]

Nope. Order should be fine.

[quote name='laseractive']Tempted by this deal, but my near launch PS3 is still working. If it was going to YLOD it probably would have by now. I'll sit tight and hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

You should buy it as insurance and back everything up by networking them. Learn from my mistake...unless you have ps+, then you're good to go.

[quote name='Flame Killa']I'm so sick of this fucking 4GB vita card going on sale.[/QUOTE]

Lol what a useless accessory- no one wants to be swapping memory cards for every 2 games

[quote name='gantt']When Amazon is having these all day holiday Lightning Deals, they often leave out some deals from the initial list and only post them just prior to when they go live. Seems particularly frequent with games. Maybe that's what's going on here.[/QUOTE]

Heavy Rain DC, Game of Thrones and 8 other Video Games deals listed now.

So much whining...

[quote name='Flame Killa']I'm so sick of this fucking 4GB vita card going on sale.[/QUOTE]
Tell that to that ckc guy. He's been begging for it to go on sale again almost everyday

Really tempted to get a PS3 just so I can play the 'exclusive' games. All of the HD remakes of my favorite PS2 games is really a major bonus too, Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fantasy X (coming someday), God of War, etc. etc.

Maybe if I just tell myself that I need a Blu-Ray player...

Did they stop offering free shipping for the lightning deals? I remember being able to get FS even if the item wasn't over 25$. I'm trying to order Heavy Rain but its making me pay for the shipping.

[quote name='lilseung']Did they stop offering free shipping for the lightning deals? I remember being able to get FS even if the item wasn't over 25$. I'm trying to order Heavy Rain but its making me pay for the shipping.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem. Same thing happened to me last week with Rhythm Heaven Fever

[quote name='laseractive']Tempted by this deal, but my near launch PS3 is still working. If it was going to YLOD it probably would have by now. I'll sit tight and hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Playing mine today and it's loud as a vacuum, but dammit, it's my vacuum. Hoping it can last at least another year.

[quote name='lilseung']Did they stop offering free shipping for the lightning deals? I remember being able to get FS even if the item wasn't over 25$. I'm trying to order Heavy Rain but its making me pay for the shipping.[/QUOTE]

This only works if the item was over $24.99 before the Gold Box discount.

oh also it came out to $274 shipped, not 250. Don't forget the tax

I thought it was worth it cause it's like getting a 320gb slim ps3 for 220 bucks after tax which is pretty sweet. Can't wait to download some free games xmas day

[quote name='Y2JerichoHALic55']Is Heavy Rain worth it at that price? The fact that it's not sold out yet makes me think it will be even less soon[/QUOTE]

It has been $16 at newegg for quite some time. I imagine it will hit $10 in a sale at some point.

bread's done
Back