Amazon Goldbox Game Deals Today - 3/27 - Ear Force PX5 $159.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

JN25WIL

CAGiversary!
Didn't see this posted yet, saw this in the ad scroll when I checked Amazon for new deals of the day.

Goldbox Videogames event March 27th Midnight PT.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

Deal of the Day: 320gb PS3 for $259.99

6am Vicious combat, dark humor, and lightning-quick action on the PlayStation Vita- Army Corps Hell
8am Feel the exhilaration of the full-body dancing workout that you know and love!- Zumba Fitness Rush
11am This controller redefines motion gaming on the PlayStation3! -Move controllers
2pm Step into the iconic octagon fighting cage to battle in one-on-one action for the ultimate fighting championship!- UFC
4pm Action RPG Meets first person shooter. -Borderlands GOTY ?
6pm A sports-party game set at the 2012 Summer Olympic games in London and featuring iconic video game characters! - Mario & Sonic at London 2012 Olympic Games
8pm The most technologically-advanced headset ever designed for PS3 and XBOX 360 gaming .-Turtle Beach PX5

original post
Probably another disappointing event but maybe 1 or 2 games will make it in that some cag's will want.

Hoping for Kingdoms of Amalur

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scblueeyedguy']It's got to be Borderlands GOTY. On the back of my copy it says "Action RPG meets first person shooter."[/QUOTE]
What about the regular edition though?

I'm banking on that 4PM deal being Borderlands GOTY! With my luck though it'll turn out to be just regular Borderlands for like $15.

Not really interested in anything else today...

[quote name='Bigp5437']And of course it's only the Xbox version of Undisputed...nice one amazon
-_-[/QUOTE]

I wanna grab this game so bad but I just feel that I'll be able to find it for less than $20 in the Fall lol

[quote name='Bigp5437']And of course it's only the Xbox version of Undisputed...nice one amazon
-_-[/QUOTE]

Its both.Click select options and pick PS3 -_-

[quote name='musha666']Its both.Click select options and pick PS3 -_-[/QUOTE]

Is it now? Checked it right around when it first went live and the PS3 version was $49.99...hmm

EDIT: Ahhh I see..forgot about the select options button for that lol, I went to the actual page

[quote name='BNoyes']Do any of these sales ever reach 100% claimed anymore?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure at least one did today, they just drop since people change their minds quickly.

Seems like most of the games are about $10 off, so Borderlands GOTY at $19.99 would be a good guess. Wouldn't surprise me at $24.99 either though.

[quote name='GILiveRadio']im seeing it for both ps3 and xbox 360 for 19.99[/QUOTE]

I had the choice too. The only option I had for the edition is Game of the Year (though, why would you choose the other...?).

Picked up a copy! Thanks OP! I used my $10 gift card from the Local Amazon gift card sale and got this bad boy for $9.99.

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow'] I used my $10 gift card from the Local Amazon gift card sale and got this bad boy for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Technically you got it for $14.99 since you had to shell out $5 for the Local Amazon deal, lol. But I forgot I had that and now I'm considering it as well...

[quote name='sirdudeoi']I just picked up the vanilla borderlands for $8.99 at best buy. Is the dlc worth returning it and picking up the goty?[/QUOTE]

IMHO, yes. The vanilla game was good in the game mechanics department, but the storytelling and immersion were a little weak. In the DLC, however, the "borderlands flair" really kicks in. They really took the feedback (that the storytelling and characters were a little bland) to heart and made great strides to improve that in the DLC. Not to mention these are not 1-2 hour side missions, you can easily spend nearly as much time going through the DLC as you did through the main campaign.

Except Mad Moxxi. That DLC was terrible, but the other 3 were so good that it more than makes up for it. Borderlands is a great example of DLC done properly.

Also your enjoyment of the game will go up tenfold if you play through co-op with a friend. There are hours and hours and hours of great co-op play in here.

[quote name='sirdudeoi']I just picked up the vanilla borderlands for $8.99 at best buy. Is the dlc worth returning it and picking up the goty?[/QUOTE]

Valuewise, for sure. But only if you play it.

[quote name='neuropolis']Technically you got it for $14.99 since you had to shell out $5 for the Local Amazon deal, lol. But I forgot I had that and now I'm considering it as well...[/QUOTE]
Well if you want to get that technical, then I can easily sell both my vanilla copy of Borderlands and the Double Add-On Pack for $10 total (I don't have the other 2 DLC's yet)... so really it'd mean I got the game for $4.99 :p

[quote name='Ruahrc']IMHO, yes. The vanilla game was good in the game mechanics department, but the storytelling and immersion were a little weak. In the DLC, however, the "borderlands flair" really kicks in. They really took the feedback (that the storytelling and characters were a little bland) to heart and made great strides to improve that in the DLC. Not to mention these are not 1-2 hour side missions, you can easily spend nearly as much time going through the DLC as you did through the main campaign.

Except Mad Moxxi. That DLC was terrible, but the other 3 were so good that it more than makes up for it. Borderlands is a great example of DLC done properly.

Also your enjoyment of the game will go up tenfold if you play through co-op with a friend. There are hours and hours and hours of great co-op play in here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input guys

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']Well if you want to get that technical, then I can easily sell both my vanilla copy of Borderlands and the Double Add-On Pack for $10 total (I don't have the other 2 DLC's yet)... so really it'd mean I got the game for $4.99 :p[/QUOTE]

In which case, bravo! That's a hell of a deal.

[quote name='Ruahrc']IMHO, yes. The vanilla game was good in the game mechanics department, but the storytelling and immersion were a little weak. In the DLC, however, the "borderlands flair" really kicks in. They really took the feedback (that the storytelling and characters were a little bland) to heart and made great strides to improve that in the DLC. Not to mention these are not 1-2 hour side missions, you can easily spend nearly as much time going through the DLC as you did through the main campaign.

Also your enjoyment of the game will go up tenfold if you play through co-op with a friend. There are hours and hours and hours of great co-op play in here.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317251
:D

Quick, can anyone tell just from the cover art on Amazon if it is the version with the DLC on disk, or is it the one with the DLC as download tokens.

Help! There's only 29 mins left!

[quote name='VidPower']Quick, can anyone tell just from the cover art on Amazon if it is the version with the DLC on disk, or is it the one with the DLC as download tokens.

Help! There's only 29 mins left![/QUOTE]

No clue, man. I just purchased a "Platinum Hits" edition game new the other day, and they gave me the standard. So frankly, it's a toss up no matter what cover is up.

[quote name='brianace']Ugh. Just $5 off the move controllers, Amazon? Didn't gamestop have a sale where these were $25 last year some time?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and so did Amazon.

TO THOSE WHO BOUGHT BORDERLANDS: A CAG playgroup is forming; thread in Xbox 360 forum.

[quote name='Argive']I'm kind of keen to see what this headset is.[/QUOTE]

Same here since I just broke one of mine yesterday.

Grabbed one, had a gift card and that combined with the Gold Box deal made it worthwhile to me. Never had a gaming headset, but I'm really looking forward to it.

i have the headset, got it during BF lightning deal for 140

its really good but make sure you have rechargable AA batteries.

Finally pulled the trigger on a PX5. Been waiting patiently with it in my wishlist for one of these sales to come along. $160 is a great price I think.

160 is alot but the X41's are on sale for 120 and are normally around 140, I think that for all the extra features in the px5 that it's worth the extra 20-40 bucks if you're looking for a surround sound headset.

there's also free overnight shipping when you pay with your discover card

Great deal on the PX5. I have the X41s and am tempted to upgrade, but I think I'll wait for the next model.

[quote name='cclarke71']Finally pulled the trigger on a PX5. Been waiting patiently with it in my wishlist for one of these sales to come along. $160 is a great price I think.[/QUOTE]

You didn't have to be *that* patient, they had the same deal two weeks ago. :)

[quote name='CheapyD']Great deal on the PX5. I have the X41s and am tempted to upgrade, but I think I'll wait for the next model.[/QUOTE]

For $30 more, you can get the MW3 Delta's (XP500) from Best Buy. I wish they would drop to $150-160 already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back