Amazon Kinect Availability -- In Stock!

poker360

Banned
http://www.amazon.com/Kinect-Sensor..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288716717&sr=1-1

No release date delivery, however there is one day and two day shipping with arrival dates of nov. 9 / 8th.

***This is probably their second shipment from microsoft, hence the later arrival dates***

Reminder: The Kinect $150 Bundle is sold out at most online stores, including: Gamestop, bestbuy, walmart, newegg, target

Special Offers and Product Promotions
-Get free 2-day shipping when you use your MasterCard to purchase $75 or more in eligible items from our Holiday Toy List that are sold and shipped by Amazon. If you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll receive a $10 credit towards a future purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)

-Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

-Pre-order Bonus--Order this item and get two bonus levels of Rallyball, one bonus level of Reflex Ridge, and a Kinect Adventure Helicopter prop for your Xbox LIVE Avatar. The access code will be e-mailed up to two (2) business days after your product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could play with the kinect as longs you weren't on xbox live. I purchased it with the bundle so could play straight out of the gate, but I was locked out of xbox live, but once the update went live I was back on.

So currently...

+ Amazon has them In-Stock.

+ Wal-Mart has them In-Stock.

+ Microsoft has them In-Stock.

I guess we can ignore the "panic" button for now, and maybe just resume it tomorrow.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']So currently...

I guess we can ignore the "panic" button for now, and maybe just resume it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

You know what sucks?

Both Amazon and Walmart a month ago were offering an extra Kinect game with purchase of the Kinect Bundle, for only $20 more.

So basically you get a Kinect Bundle and 2 Kinect games for $169.

Gah!

Missed out on that.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']You know what sucks?

Both Amazon and Walmart a month ago were offering an extra Kinect game with purchase of the Kinect Bundle, for only $20 more.

Gah!

Missed out on that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did too. Now, I can't justify paying full price for it. I should have purchased it on GoHastings yesterday...

[quote name='cRodz']something tells me MS is burnin money and creating more hype
lol? eyetoy 2.0 sold out?
yeah
right[/QUOTE]
Retailers are complaining of small allocations, which would explain it being sold out everywhere. It could be marketing tact to fabricate the image of being in high demand or they could be genuinely having shortages. Either way, it's not as it appears.

Also, here's more of an honest impression of Kinect rather than just reviewing the games. This is more of what I was expecting to hear and it's nice to see some honest opinions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhoYPSuWKsc

[quote name='Jcaugustine']You know what sucks?

Gah!

Missed out on that.[/QUOTE]
I feel ripped off now.

At least my $30 GC made it a little better.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']So currently...

I guess we can ignore the "panic" button for now, and maybe just resume it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Just curious, how is ordering from Microsoft.com? Do they charge tax or shipping?

[quote name='hobbie8046']I hate to poop on people's threads, but I must admit I am quite surprised as well...

MS is probably shorting shipments to make it seem like it will be hard to find in an attempt to boost initial sales.[/QUOTE]

dude really.!!! You think the companys do that in this year, 2010... No, i dont think so, especially if they are spending 500 million!!! in advertising. So rethink your comment. Because what genious woudl spend 500 millino, and then make it in short supply so you can't make your profit back. Man, just accept people are buying...

[quote name='Jodou']Retailers are complaining of small allocations, which would explain it being sold out everywhere. It could be marketing tact to fabricate the image of being in high demand or they could be genuinely having shortages. Either way, it's not as it appears.

Also, here's more of an honest impression of Kinect rather than just reviewing the games. This is more of what I was expecting to hear and it's nice to see some honest opinions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhoYPSuWKsc[/QUOTE]

yeah, most of what they said is pretty spot, a few things i disagree w/--fyi-i have the device/games.. But opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

ah, who cares if this thing is "sold out" everywhere...still a step back (IMO) by far. what a waste of time and ability devs...

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Just pre-ordered it from Amazon. I'll wait on all the reviews to open it. If it sucks across the board I can always return it or flip it.[/QUOTE]
I was going to do this too but dont you have to pay some type of return fee or return shipping if you do that?

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Just pre-ordered it from Amazon. I'll wait on all the reviews to open it. If it sucks across the board I can always return it or flip it.[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya dude. I'm not going to open it until I see reviews. If it sucks (like I think it will) then I will resell it back on Amazon for a small profit or just return it if it's not worth the time and money.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']dude really.!!! You think the companys do that in this year, 2010... No, i dont think so, especially if they are spending 500 million!!! in advertising. So rethink your comment. Because what genious woudl spend 500 millino, and then make it in short supply so you can't make your profit back. Man, just accept people are buying...[/QUOTE]

shorting supply to increase demand has always been in nintendo's corp strategy, hence class action lawsuits against them (2007-Wii was not too long ago).

I am not saying that MS is doing this, but that your statement is without merit because it definitely happens. Please rethink your comment.

I placed a order on one. I'm still not sold on Kinect nor really know if I want to own one at this time as the current lineup is lackluster, but like always, I'm a sucker for new gaming innovations. I recently sold some stuff online so I'll just use that money to justify buying one unless at the last minute I decide to cancel my order.

Earlier tonight, I looked at the list of Kinect games on Wikipedia. I mean, it'll make for some fit-as-shit Achievements whores!

#ohsnap #subjaylenojokes #seetheresatonofworkoutgamesgetit #nevermind

[quote name='Jodou']Retailers are complaining of small allocations, which would explain it being sold out everywhere. It could be marketing tact to fabricate the image of being in high demand or they could be genuinely having shortages. Either way, it's not as it appears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhoYPSuWKsc[/QUOTE]

Video has been removed by user. Sounds like they got in trouble for breaking nda. What did they say?

[quote name='tukai']I had it pre-ordered, but after watching stuff on it yesterday on the Xbox dashboard, I cancelled. There is no reason to buy this @ $150 with a crappy game line up.[/QUOTE]

Once again, i get suckered by marketing hype and fabricated sell outs....I preordered yesterday on amazon.....

But.....After watching a few videos, especially the games radar pREVIEW on youtube and seeing their reactions to it......I canceled it......

[quote name='Apostle22']Once again, i get suckered by marketing hype and fabricated sell outs....I preordered yesterday on amazon.....

But.....After watching a few videos, especially the games radar pREVIEW on youtube and seeing their reactions to it......I canceled it......[/QUOTE]
Yeah I watched the 1up game night with them playing it...just looked terrible. I was debating it but after all this negative crap I canceled mine also

seems like Amazon keeps getting "stock", and selling out on pre-orders, very cool

As long as they ship mine on time (my Kinect Sports is now "Shipping Soon", while my Kinect is "Not yet Shipped", I'll be happy.

Seems like Kinect's sales will beat Move's shipments lol

[quote name='DarkPGR']Seems like Kinect's sales will beat Move's shipments lol[/QUOTE]
Easily I think. I was going to get one just in case but I dont know I think it may get trashed in reviews but people will buy it anyway. I probably should get one just to resell it if nothing else.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Video has been removed by user. Sounds like they got in trouble for breaking nda. What did they say?[/QUOTE]
They gave their initial impressions after a few hours of playtime. Basically the consensus was they felt it was being marketed to kids and it's not something they would see themselves buying or playing outside of work. They mentioned that in order to select options in a game, they would need to hold their hand out in a certain position for a couple seconds in order for Kinect to recognize the command. Said that normally, you'd just press A to continue but here it would be a bit tedious having to do this over and over.

What really stuck out was that they likened w/e the car racing game is to Mod Nation Racers and said that it was a great kart racer. With 3D glasses on you'd certainly get the feeling you were in the game, but it's tiring since you're standing and holding your arms out all the time. Otherwise they felt the game itself was solid, but not practical though.

There's little point in putting $500 million into advertising if they are short on supply, or at least I would think there's little point in doing that in that case. As such I find it a bit hard to believe that they aren't getting a ton of pre-orders.

Too bad I don't live in NYC. That deal Major Nelson is having there is at TRU in Times Square is nice. Buy the Kinect sensor and get a free copy of Kinect Sports and Kinect Joy Ride, along with a one-year Xbox LIVE Gold subscription. Wow. First 3000 customers only, though.

Newegg had them back in stock this morning. Just called my local Target and the lady said they will have a ton of them tomorrow....No preordering, just show up.....Like I said earlier.....i believe these are fabricated sellouts, which do work, but there will be plenty to go around.....

[quote name='crunchewy']There's little point in putting $500 million into advertising if they are short on supply
[/QUOTE]

The marketing aims to create hype. That hype would build on hype created by perceived high demand and get people that much more "hot" for getting their hands on one A.S.A.P. For example, people probably feel more excited to buy a Kinect now that Amazon has actually stopped taking orders for them.

Like the person above me said, fabricated sellouts do work.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Thanks for the rundown.[/QUOTE]
NP and GamesRadar has said they'll re-post it tomorrow since there's a review embargo.

[quote name='Jodou']NP and GamesRadar has said they'll re-post it tomorrow since there's a review embargo.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, review embargos usually indicate a negative critical reception. Sad.

[quote name='cheeky']Hmm, review embargos usually indicate a negative critical reception. Sad.[/QUOTE]

MS already came out and said they dont expect review scores to reflect on sales....

Honestly, this whole thing reeks of hype. Kinect is aimed at casuals. The 360 is not casual. In fact, you can argue that its the most hardcore of the consoles. I know plenty of casual gamers and not one of them own a 360 or even know what live is, much less pay for it.

I seriously doubt that the casual fanbase for the 360 is so high that it would create such wild demand for kinect. I cant really see the hardcore base causing the great demand.

I'm not bashing the kinect, heck, i'm interested in it too but I am waiting for reviews to see how it turns out. That gamesradar vid made me cancel my preorder because they stated everything i feared about it....Its clunky, there is lag, and its just not as cool as you want to think it is......Oh, BTW, i preordered because I'm a sucker for fabricated sellouts.....

I guess we will find out tomorrow how in demand it is. Kinect has a ton of preorder hype. If its easy to walk into a store tomorrow and get one, you'll see the hype die down fast. The Wii was the perfect example. For 2 freaking years i remember it being a big deal to see a wii in a store. Even though i had no interest in one, it still made me want one just a bit only because they were so hard to find. People always want what they cannot have and that is a very strong marketing tool....

[quote name='Apostle22']MS already came out and said they dont expect review scores to reflect on sales....

Honestly, this whole thing reeks of hype. Kinect is aimed at casuals. The 360 is not casual. In fact, you can argue that its the most hardcore of the consoles. I know plenty of casual gamers and not one of them own a 360 or even know what live is, much less pay for it.

I seriously doubt that the casual fanbase for the 360 is so high that it would create such wild demand for kinect. I cant really see the hardcore base causing the great demand.

I'm not bashing the kinect, heck, i'm interested in it too but I am waiting for reviews to see how it turns out. That gamesradar vid made me cancel my preorder because they stated everything i feared about it....Its clunky, there is lag, and its just not as cool as you want to think it is......Oh, BTW, i preordered because I'm a sucker for fabricated sellouts.....

I guess we will find out tomorrow how in demand it is. Kinect has a ton of preorder hype. If its easy to walk into a store tomorrow and get one, you'll see the hype die down fast. The Wii was the perfect example. For 2 freaking years i remember it being a big deal to see a wii in a store. Even though i had no interest in one, it still made me want one just a bit only because they were so hard to find. People always want what they cannot have and that is a very strong marketing tool....[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with a lot of this. I just don't "get" what's going on with Kinect; are there that many people who bought a Wii just because it had motion controls sitting around saying "If ONLY I didn't even have to hold this thing in my hand..."? I could almost understand the hype if Nintendo was doing it; but suddenly Microsoft seems like they have the second coming of videogaming based off a device where the launch titles look mediocre at best? (and with the exception of possibly the dancing games, really offer very little new from Wii titles)

I DO think it's very cool tech; I think it's a shame Microsoft dumbed it down a bit, which makes me think Kinect 2 might be pretty interesting. I just don't see where the hype is coming from-- casuals likely don't own a 360 (or is this to get the 13 year old's mom to boot the whiny/screamy kid off Live so she can do yoga?), NOTHING in the launch comes close to appealing to more "mainstream" gamers. Is it really worth $150 to be able to control the dashboard waving your hands in the air?

I can see myself ending up with one down the road when there's a better selection of titles; I just don't get the immediate MUST.BUY.NOW hype (what are people excited to play with it?). Seems like it's likely the $500 mil going into manufacturing hype (like the clips of Oprah's audience falling all over themselves) than real hype, but we'll see in a few days/weeks how things pan out. (this does vaguely remind me of the 2006[? I think] Microsoft 360 push where they made stores buy TONS more 360s than they wanted to order to counter the Wii/PS3 launches and claim they had shipped 10 million units before the Wii or PS3 launched; you'd see FORTS made of 360s in stores for MONTHS while that stock sat around...)

[quote name='Justin42']Gotta agree with a lot of this. I just don't "get" what's going on with Kinect; are there that many people who bought a Wii just because it had motion controls sitting around saying "If ONLY I didn't even have to hold this thing in my hand..."? I could almost understand the hype if Nintendo was doing it; but suddenly Microsoft seems like they have the second coming of videogaming based off a device where the launch titles look mediocre at best? (and with the exception of possibly the dancing games, really offer very little new from Wii titles)

I DO think it's very cool tech; I think it's a shame Microsoft dumbed it down a bit, which makes me think Kinect 2 might be pretty interesting. I just don't see where the hype is coming from-- casuals likely don't own a 360 (or is this to get the 13 year old's mom to boot the whiny/screamy kid off Live so she can do yoga?), NOTHING in the launch comes close to appealing to more "mainstream" gamers. Is it really worth $150 to be able to control the dashboard waving your hands in the air?

I can see myself ending up with one down the road when there's a better selection of titles; I just don't get the immediate MUST.BUY.NOW hype (what are people excited to play with it?). Seems like it's likely the $500 mil going into manufacturing hype (like the clips of Oprah's audience falling all over themselves) than real hype, but we'll see in a few days/weeks how things pan out. (this does vaguely remind me of the 2006[? I think] Microsoft 360 push where they made stores buy TONS more 360s than they wanted to order to counter the Wii/PS3 launches and claim they had shipped 10 million units before the Wii or PS3 launched; you'd see FORTS made of 360s in stores for MONTHS while that stock sat around...)[/QUOTE]
Who or what is a "mainstream" gamer?

bread's done
Back