Amazon Kinect Availability -- In Stock!

poker360

Banned
http://www.amazon.com/Kinect-Sensor..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288716717&sr=1-1

No release date delivery, however there is one day and two day shipping with arrival dates of nov. 9 / 8th.

***This is probably their second shipment from microsoft, hence the later arrival dates***

Reminder: The Kinect $150 Bundle is sold out at most online stores, including: Gamestop, bestbuy, walmart, newegg, target

Special Offers and Product Promotions
-Get free 2-day shipping when you use your MasterCard to purchase $75 or more in eligible items from our Holiday Toy List that are sold and shipped by Amazon. If you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll receive a $10 credit towards a future purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)

-Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

-Pre-order Bonus--Order this item and get two bonus levels of Rallyball, one bonus level of Reflex Ridge, and a Kinect Adventure Helicopter prop for your Xbox LIVE Avatar. The access code will be e-mailed up to two (2) business days after your product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope all you people who want Kinect buy it now during the holidays. Then sales will slow considerably after that and those who wait shale receive a price drop.

The space issue sadly is a relevant one. My gf wants one after seeing it at her cousins house. Sadly they had to basically stand at the rear wall to get enough space, and that was after moving the couch out of the way. The calibration screen that tells you where to stand kept asking them to bo back and they hit the wall. Still looks interesting though, hope games that come out in 4-6 months or get announced soon interest me enough to buy one for her 'cus I kind of want to play with one.

[quote name='Jabrim']It is irritating seeing people argue over whether something is a waste of money or not when it is not their money, if someone wants to buy something that you may or may not like how does it affect you in the first place? [/QUOTE]

It's already affecting the real gamer. MS has put all of their time/effort/money into Kinect, and we're left with nothing except the games 3rd parties can crank out (thank god they haven't leaped on the casual kinect train...yet). We just got Fable 3, which is arguably a casual rpg specially since New Vegas (a real rpg) just came out, and now there's nothing exclusive until Gears 3 next year which is technically a 3rd party game anyway.

MS has already abandoned their fanbase, it's the 3rd parties keeping the system alive.

[quote name='Jabrim']It is irritating seeing people argue over whether something is a waste of money or not when it is not their money, if someone wants to buy something that you may or may not like how does it affect you in the first place? I plan on buying a Kinect when I can afford it, which will probably be after the holiday season anyway, it will something my whole family can play, I could care less what the sales figures are or whether Amazon, Best Buy, or even Microsoft are "inflating" sales figures. If I want one I will buy one, if not I won't. People never seem to get tired of arguing on the internet over gaming hardware, it just clutters the forum and takes attention away from the direction the thread was meant to go in the first place. So back on topic for me, I plan on getting one when I can.[/QUOTE]

Well said. I agree completely. Some folks are okay with buying stuff like racing wheels, flight sticks, and plastic instruments. I like flight games enough to invest in a flight stick. Sure, I don't use it every day, but when it do it makes all the difference. Same thing with the racing wheel and Forza 3.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']It's already affecting the real gamer. MS has put all of their time/effort/money into Kinect, and we're left with nothing except the games 3rd parties can crank out (thank god they haven't leaped on the casual kinect train...yet). We just got Fable 3, which is arguably a casual rpg specially since New Vegas (a real rpg) just came out, and now there's nothing exclusive until Gears 3 next year which is technically a 3rd party game anyway.

MS has already abandoned their fanbase, it's the 3rd parties keeping the system alive.[/QUOTE]

They won't... and thank GOD for the drought of games coming up. I don't have nearly enough money to keep spending on these damn things.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']
MS has already abandoned their fanbase, it's the 3rd parties keeping the system alive.[/QUOTE]

MS has abandoned their fanbase by giving them the following exclusives Halo: Reach, Fable 3, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell: Conviction in the past 6 months. /s

The future doesn't have many announced titles, but we are getting some core Kinect games. I believe there are five games that have been announced. Besides, what is wrong with 3rd party games? I find that I play mostly 3rd party games!

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']They won't... and thank GOD for the drought of games coming up. I don't have nearly enough money to keep spending on these damn things.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right, but right now there's more evidence saying they will than won't.

And there's not much of a drought, early next year is stacked....just not with MS exclusives lol.

[quote name='gamingdroid']MS has abandoned their fanbase by giving them the following exclusives Halo: Reach, Fable 3, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell: Conviction in the past 6 months. /s

The future doesn't have many announced titles, but we are getting some core Kinect games. I believe there are five games that have been announced. Besides, what is wrong with 3rd party games? I find that I play mostly 3rd party games![/QUOTE]

There's no such thing as a core kinect game, it's impossible because you need some form of controller/mouse+keyboard to play one. Now, if Kinect can play something as complex as a New Vegas without a controller than we have an entirely different story.

Nothing wrong with 3rd party games though, it's the majority of my purchases too, just from the sheer number of them. But there's usually a healthy dose of exclusives sprinkled in there too. Sony knows the deal, they have 3-5 big titles coming in the next 4-5 months.

[quote name='cRodz']holy shit
his room is infested with bugs![/QUOTE]
Lol, like a hotel hotbed scanned with a blacklight.

[quote name='gamingdroid']MS has abandoned their fanbase by giving them the following exclusives Halo: Reach, Fable 3, Alan Wake and Splinter Cell: Conviction in the past 6 months. /s[/QUOTE]

Didn't you just prove his point a little? He said it's the third parties keeping the system alive, more than half the games you listed are developed by a 3rd party. The truth is, MS doesn't release many first party developed titles anymore and do rely on strong 3rd party exclusives and partnerships. I wouldn't say they abandoned their fanbase though.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, like a hotel hotbed scanned with a blacklight.[/QUOTE]
:hot:

that dude satisfies himself everywhere in his living room, including his roof and walls

typical mw2 player

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']There's no such thing as a core kinect game, it's impossible because you need some form of controller/mouse+keyboard to play one. [/QUOTE]

I disagree with that notion that core games has to have some form of physical controller. I believe it is more to do with the experience. If you look back, very simple games such as Pacman was played by the core gamers. I believe core gamers look for a certain experience that also involves challenges. A lot of casual games focus on social interaction and fun.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']
Nothing wrong with 3rd party games though, it's the majority of my purchases too, just from the sheer number of them. But there's usually a healthy dose of exclusives sprinkled in there too. Sony knows the deal, they have 3-5 big titles coming in the next 4-5 months.[/QUOTE]

Sony do have some nice exclusives at a steady pace, although they tend to announce it far in advance and let you wait for it forever. However, I have never shopped games based on if they are exclusive or not. I base them on the quality of the title and the price.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Didn't you just prove his point a little? He said it's the third parties keeping the system alive, more than half the games you listed are developed by a 3rd party. The truth is, MS doesn't release many first party titles anymore and do rely on strong 3rd party exclusives. I wouldn't say they abandoned their fanbase though.[/QUOTE]

You are right, I read or induced from his post that 3rd party meant multi-platforms because historically, MS first party games has been few and far between. The only ones I can remember are PGR, Forza, Halo, Fable, Banjo & Kazooie and Perfect Dark. Oh, also that kumbo game or whatever from Rare that I believe was a launch title.

[quote name='gamingdroid']I disagree with that notion that core games has to have some form of physical controller. I believe it is more to do with the experience. If you look back, very simple games such as Pacman was played by the core gamers. I believe core gamers look for a certain experience that also involves challenges. A lot of casual games focus on social interaction and fun.[/QUOTE]

This. Completely.

You don't need a controller for a game to be a "core" game, but a "core" game can also be fun(in fact it should be, or I won't play it). The way you worded the last sentence just seems like you're implying "core" games can't be fun or socially interactive.

[quote name='cRodz']Invest for Success!

Smartest way to get out of the middle class rat race.[/QUOTE]

I agree that investing is wise, and I do it with every pay check, but to suggest that by investing you will somehow get out of the "middle class" is a fallacy. You may ascend to a higher tax bracket in the middle class and have a bigger home and nicer things, but it's not like we're going to be trotting around with walking sticks and wearing monocles to our child's next polo match by simply doing that.

But I digress...

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']This. Completely.

You don't need a controller for a game to be a "core" game, but a "core" game can also be fun(in fact it should be, or I won't play it). The way you worded the last sentence just seems like you're implying "core" games can't be fun or socially interactive.[/QUOTE]

What gets me about the entire concept of the Kinect, and what seperates it from the Move, is the fact that Microsoft is really doing nothing to show us how it will be of great use as a controller alternative to the "core."

Sony has show games such as SOCOM 4, Killzone 3, etc, that are showing that the Move can (but does not have to) be used for their bread and butter type games.

Until Microsoft does that, it's an "Oprah/Ellen" crowd that they're looking after. And that's fine by me. Just don't expect me to move my coffee table so I can try it out.

Edit: And one last thing... can we all agree to stop saying that Oprah, Ellen, and Fallon "gave away" Kinects to their crowds? Microsoft gave them out. They just used those shows as the means to distribute them.

yes i agree except for the part about the investing. Watch me become the next Warren Buffet, i will buy CAG off Baldy.

Sony doesnt really care about the Move as opposed to what Microsoft is doing to promote the Kinect.

But Sony is doing the right thing.
Sony is implementing the Move onto new IPs and trying to patch old games that can work with the Move.
They are taking the Wii-approach.

Sony will release shovelware or good waggle games with time but this is not their main idea with the Move.

The Move is being integrated into other games but this doesnt mean that it will replace the controller either. I am sure when it comes to multiplayer, a gamer will pick up the trusty controller to be as competitive and effective as possible. I really do not see the Move being used for multiplayer and online games.
However, it will be fun to play RE5 or a singleplayer game with the Move.

The Kinect, on the other hand, doesnt seem to be implemented unto older games or the upcoming games. Perhaps i am misinformed but Kinect is trying to be as unique and a console of its own. They are sort of taking the new product approach.
This means that Kinect will play whatever games MS or other developers decide to develop exclusively for Kinect. Sounds like Rare will be doing more than creating Avatar clothing from now on.

I am sure that Kinect will implement itself into new console games but it will be difficult depending the type of genre. I think i read that the new Star War games will be Kinect compatible.
After all, there is no buttons. New RPG games may be successful if its implemented right with the Kinect as opposed to an FPS.
Microsoft Games Studio has some developing to do from now on if they want to support their new product

So far, the future for kinect is not looking good.

[quote name='psunami']
What gets me about the entire concept of the Kinect, and what seperates it from the Move, is the fact that Microsoft is really doing nothing to show us how it will be of great use as a controller alternative to the "core."

Sony has show games such as SOCOM 4, Killzone 3, etc, that are showing that the Move can (but does not have to) be used for their bread and butter type games.

Until Microsoft does that, it's an "Oprah/Ellen" crowd that they're looking after. And that's fine by me. Just don't expect me to move my coffee table so I can try it out.

Edit: And one last thing... can we all agree to stop saying that Oprah, Ellen, and Fallon "gave away" Kinects to their crowds? Microsoft gave them out. They just used those shows as the means to distribute them.[/QUOTE]

Socom 4 and Killzone 3. If I play someone online, trust me a controller will be used to dominate others online. Screwing with a Move controller isn't going to help my cause to win.

Kinect as well as the others (wiimote and move) IMO are meant to be used for casual/family titles, not for the hardcore FPS, etc games. I personally look forward to more titles like Dance Central that use the technology to provide fun.

The sales I think are doing well based on my observation at the stores in my area. The Kinect and it's games have been moving in the two days of visiting my local BB and Target. As for Amazon, I think alot has to do with people cancelling their preorders as well as getting relief shipments.

[quote name='cRodz']yes i agree except for the part about the investing. Watch me become the next Warren Buffet, i will buy CAG off Baldy.[/quote]

You should just buy ChimpAssGamer and be ready for that moment. Or actually... I should buy it and sell it back to you when the time is right. See what I did there? Who's not a savvy investor?

[quote name='cRodz']
Sony doesnt really care about the Move as opposed to what Microsoft is doing to promote the Kinect.[/quote]

I don't agree that Sony doesn't care about the Move, they just don't have a $500 million advertising campaign to throw at it.

If I think about it, I haven't seen a Sony commercial about anything but the Move on TV recently.

[quote name='cRodz']
I am sure that Kinect will implement itself into new console games but it will be difficult depending the type of genre. I think i read that the new Star War games will be Kinect compatible.
After all, there is no buttons. New RPG games may be successful if its implemented right with the Kinect as opposed to an FPS.
Microsoft Games Studio has some developing to do from now on if they want to support their new product

So far, the future for kinect is not looking good.[/QUOTE]

That is why I feel that the Move is a more viable "alternative" controller scheme as it gives you the concept of augmented reality, rather than a situation where "you are the controller."

Being able to hold an item that could represent on screen as a lightsaber would almost always feel better than waiving your hands around pretending you are holding one.

The Harry Potter game is the first one that I've seen for the Kinect that is used in a "core-type" game... but it looks to be an on-rails arm-waive fest. The videos that I saw a few months back with the Weasly twins playing the game were painful to watch.

As always, time will tell.

Haha. So I was out and about today. Guess what I was tripping over everywhere I went? Kinect. I think Microsoft did a great job getting the product out front and center. The first thing I saw coming into Best Buy was stacks of Kinect built around a product display. Nobody was buying it though. I saw a few at Target, a ton at Toys R Us, some at Walmart, and even quite a few at a local used book store.

Shortages on Kinect? One day later, the console's still sitting in stacks. Anyone who thought there were going to be shortages of this thing need to splash some water on their face and wake up from that Microsoft-funded dream.

It will have good sales, like Move had good sales. It'll probably even do better than Move because it LOOKS like a newer idea (on first glance) than Move.

The thing I noticed at Best Buy and Toys R Us was that there were more Xbox 360 S Kinect bundles, both 250GB and 4GB individually, than there were separate Kinect units. MS really is treating this like a new console launch. That said, I saw so many Kinects up for sale separately and in bundles that in no way is this a shortage on any level. The Kinect indvidually were stacked into the display, a multisided one. The Kinect bundles were stacked, some around that display, some toward the games section in a stack about neck high, probably 3-4 boxes wide for 4GB, 3-4 boxes wide for 250 GB each way. Nearby, there was a stack of PS3's, both the Move bundle and the latest PS3 without Move. About the same number. I think Wii might have been over there, too, but I've long since stopped caring about Wii hardware sales.

You gotta give MS credit for tossing out that upgraded sales forecast to get certain people riled up. Take your time. There's tons of Kinect to go round. If it was me, the biggest problems I'd have using Kinect (and once its clearanced at Target, I might get one too) would be the space (6 ft just to start) and the lighting concern (I use a projector and a plasma, so it might be an issue if I go projector again). Finding one is NOT going to be difficult if the current supply AT LAUNCH is any indication. This is nothing like the 360 launch, Wii launch, or even PS3 20GB launch when supplies were extremely limited. I mean, damn, I kept reading all these reports on here that sales were limited, blah blah, but man, that's just not true at any store I visited today.

Then again, my Best Buy doesn't even have a display up for PS3 Move or Kinect, so perhaps they prefer not to sell them.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Haha. So I was out and about today. Guess what I was tripping over everywhere I went? Kinect.[/QUOTE]
The Best Buy I was just at had a cardboard center FILLED with Kinect to the point it was overflowing at the top. It looked as though they had not sold a single one.

[quote name='lordopus99']Again, it depends on the age of the home. The house we purchased 2 years ago had a loft/gameroom (i.e. a giant area). Most new construction has it. 60-70% of the homes we looked at during our search had one. This room provides more than enough room to play it. Like someone said, not everyone lives in a small apartment or in their parent's house.[/QUOTE]

I live in an older area. Anecdotally, my experience is correct, as is yours for your area. A lot of houses around here have oddly shaped rooms, and plenty of them don't conform to Kinect's standards. Plus, I live more comfortably in a smaller house, as I don't have that Texas attitude (bigger is better). Less to worry about, more space for the dogs.

It all comes down to the demographics, and you fit their profile much better than most of the people complaining about space restrictions.

[quote name='Jabrim']It is irritating seeing people argue over whether something is a waste of money or not when it is not their money, if someone wants to buy something that you may or may not like how does it affect you in the first place? I plan on buying a Kinect when I can afford it, which will probably be after the holiday season anyway, it will something my whole family can play, I could care less what the sales figures are or whether Amazon, Best Buy, or even Microsoft are "inflating" sales figures. If I want one I will buy one, if not I won't. People never seem to get tired of arguing on the internet over gaming hardware, it just clutters the forum and takes attention away from the direction the thread was meant to go in the first place. So back on topic for me, I plan on getting one when I can.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the internet. You must have missed the memo where forums were full of hate and opinions.

I hope the Kinect's future is much brighter than the games that have come out with it. The main problem is there's so many limitations to something without a controller. Maybe one of those brain helmets would do the job.

[quote name='psunami']

[/QUOTE]

Then may I ask you what of those Sony games do you really want to play with PS Move instead of the DS3?

To me, it's useless to include PS Move support if it is preferable to use the DS3. The only game I tried that was better with PS Move was Sports Champion table tennis.

I tried Kinect Adventures and that game wouldn't be nearly as fun with a controller. I had a blast playing that game with my brothers whom are all in the twenties to boot!

You think about how long it took to retro-fit and change the old NES controller to what we have today with 2 analog sticks, a d-pad, 4 face buttons, 2 triggers and 2 bumpers, it took decades. Yet some expect MS to show you core gamers on 3-year old technology that just released....

[quote name='Chemosh013']so, is this thread still about amazon kinect availability?[/QUOTE]

No, it has become a complaining session about Sony, Microsoft and everything else that sparks someone's interest.

[quote name='Jabrim']No, it has become a complaining discussion session about Sony, Microsoft and everything else that sparks someone's interest.[/QUOTE]

images

mods arent doing their job properly

My kids aren't even playing Kinect this evening. Figured they were going to demand to play it, but they already forgot about it I guess.

The tech is awesome. The games remind me of the stereotypical licensed videogame. Awesome tech isn't good enough. My kid has night vision goggles. Awesome tech in a toy. But those have sat on the shelf since the day after xmas last year.

And after 4 years of Wii does anyone really care to pay $150-$300 plus $50/game to bowl or jump or wave their arms again in their living room? EVen sadder is paying that to get a worse experience.

That's what's funny about many of the consumer reviews and comments regarding Kinect. It's almost like some of these folks never played the Wii or heard of it. I read one review which says hey you control your speed in Kinect Sports bowling. IF you wave your arm faster your ball goes faster. And people who know how to bowl will be better at this game than those who don't bowl. Where have these people been the past 4 years??????

IN an undeground lab in Redmond????

I don't think they should have released this thing until they had a true killer app. And seamlessly integrated it into the Xbox dashboard. But hell much like NIntendo likes to make Mario games and plastic peripherals, MS likes to patch things.

[quote name='trip1eX']My kids aren't even playing Kinect this evening. Figured they were going to demand to play it, but they already forgot about it I guess.

The tech is awesome. The games remind me of the stereotypical licensed videogame. Awesome tech isn't good enough. My kid has night vision goggles. Awesome tech in a toy. But those have sat on the shelf since the day after xmas last year.

And after 4 years of Wii does anyone really care to pay $150-$300 plus $50/game to bowl or jump or wave their arms again in their living room? EVen sadder is paying that to get a worse experience.

That's what's funny about many of the consumer reviews and comments regarding Kinect. It's almost like some of these folks never played the Wii or heard of it. I read one review which says hey you control your speed in Kinect Sports bowling. IF you wave your arm faster your ball goes faster. And people who know how to bowl will be better at this game than those who don't bowl. Where have these people been the past 4 years??????

IN an undeground lab in Redmond????

I don't think they should have released this thing until they had a true killer app. And seamlessly integrated it into the Xbox dashboard. But hell much like NIntendo likes to make Mario games and plastic peripherals, MS likes to patch things.[/QUOTE]
Knowing how to bowl and being good at wii bowling aren't mutually inclusive. Moving your arm faster in wii bowling doesn't necessarily help either.

No longer in stock, but still taking orders. (I say that to keep the thread going... but it is true.)

[quote name='gamingdroid']

You think about how long it took to retro-fit and change the old NES controller to what we have today with 2 analog sticks, a d-pad, 4 face buttons, 2 triggers and 2 bumpers, it took decades. Yet some expect MS to show you core gamers on 3-year old technology that just released....[/QUOTE]

You nailed why the Kinect might, MIGHT, succeed.

When I play games today it's nearly impossible to play them without looking at a manual or a tutorial due to the fact that they now have a minimum of 12 buttons (on the PS3 and 360.)

Try to get a "non-gamer" to play a game and then tell them, ok, press A or in this case press B, or Press in on the left stick while holding down the right trigger.

A system without controllers might just be what the doctor ordered for them. Not for all, but for some.

If casuals can't understand a controller and want things simplified with kinect, than they're going to get simplified games. The whole thing was created to be a simple casual device for people who can't use controllers (or too lazy to learn, it's not like there's 40 buttons to press).

It's hard for me to believe any gamer actually believed we'd all be playing the next GTA or Mass Effect with no controller though, but I've seen way too many people on message boards actually seem excited for this.....thing. Truly mind boggling.

I went to BB to pick up some compressed air cans, and there was only one Kinect left. There were a ton of the system bundles (half full stock), but I saw at least 3 people in line buying one. I think it's selling pretty well in my area, but my local BB never puts anything on sale and always sells out the inventory to soccer moms with bloated wallets, so I'm not surprised at all.

There were easily 20 Kinect systems at the store I stopped at tonight. I did mess around with the Kinect Sports demo though. I'll see now if my wife and kids are going to be asking for it soon...

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']If casuals can't understand a controller and want things simplified with kinect, than they're going to get simplified games. The whole thing was created to be a simple casual device for people who can't use controllers (or too lazy to learn, it's not like there's 40 buttons to press).

It's hard for me to believe any gamer actually believed we'd all be playing the next GTA or Mass Effect with no controller though, but I've seen way too many people on message boards actually seem excited for this.....thing. Truly mind boggling.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I hate to say this, but I simply don't like casual gamers. I'll always hold a grudge against Nintendo for catering to them so much with Wii. There was no excuse for the lack of classic controller support in games like PUnch-Out, New SMB, and a laundry list of others. I'm an old school gamer, and I want my goddamn controller. I'm not likely to buy anything motion controlled. Now one thing that would interest me is an arcade shooter with a gun that actually feels like the good old days. These stupid sensors don't cut it, IMO. I wasn't impressed with House of the Dead the way it works on Wii. I'd almost rather play with the damn controller like T2 the arcade game could back in the day. I miss Lethal Enforcers though. That was gun gaming. I used to play both players myself, dual wielding those SNES revolvers.

I don't get why anyone would want Kinect to play core games, it's simply not designed for it. It's made for arcade style gaming (ala Dreamcast) that are made for pure fun. You still have a controller to play "core" games and I don't know anybody who can argue that any motion device is going to come close to ever be able to take its place. If you just enjoy the kinect for what it is, its a hell of a lot of fun and has great potential.

[quote name='trip1eX']
That's what's funny about many of the consumer reviews and comments regarding Kinect. It's almost like some of these folks never played the Wii or heard of it. I read one review which says hey you control your speed in Kinect Sports bowling. IF you wave your arm faster your ball goes faster. And people who know how to bowl will be better at this game than those who don't bowl. Where have these people been the past 4 years??????[/QUOTE]

I was thinking along these lines today. For all the weird, random issues MS and Sony have run into with their attempts at motion gaming, Nintendo sure got a lot of things right. In 2006. 4 years ago.

No standing in front of cameras to calibrate.

No moving furniture. (well, in most cases; and the Wii will at least work even if you're sitting down and not doing too much)

No worrying about lighting.

etc, etc, etc.

I'm not posting this as a Nintendo fanboy (cause I'm not), I just think it's pretty interesting that Nintendo seemed to hit-- intentionally or not-- a perfect place in terms of convenience vs. abilities of the Wii. Is it the BEST at tracking what you're doing? No. Does it work as advertised most of the time without making the user jump through hoops? Yep.

Kmart and Sears online are in stick at the moment. I picked up two at my local Kmart yesterday afternoon, just in case, you know...BTW, Thanks MS for making a cool new peripheral I can't use because I'm a small apartment dweller. Asshats.

[quote name='jproland']Kmart and Sears online are in stick at the moment. I picked up two at my local Kmart yesterday afternoon, just in case, you know...BTW, Thanks MS for making a cool new peripheral I can't use because I'm a small apartment dweller. Asshats.[/QUOTE]

There's a reason they didn't modify it for people like you, you're not their main audience. You can see by the games and the TV channels who they are marketing this at (kids). Disney and other kids channels are inundated by this thing.

Lol, I knew it wouldn't be long before we heard this headline: DO NOT PLAY KINECT NAKED. Unless of course you're hot, asian, and female. Then disregard. Dance Central takes pictures of you while dancing, so one user was clueless and now has nude photos of them-self on Kinect. They then asked the internet how to delete said images. Hilarity ensued.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, I knew it wouldn't be long before we heard this headline: DO NOT PLAY KINECT NAKED. Unless of course you're hot, asian, and female. Then disregard. Dance Central takes pictures of you while dancing, so one user was clueless and now has nude photos of them-self on Kinect. They then asked the internet how to delete said images. Hilarity ensued.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's a joke - the pics in DC are not saved or uploaded (unlike Kinect Sports or one of those). After the song you can look at them, but that's it.

Honestly, the only games I like playing with motion controllers are on-rail shooters. Kinect can't do these. Move's more accurate than the Wii. I really hope I never buy a kinect (my GF wants one...)

On impulse, after reading the overwhelmingly good reviews on Amazon, I ordered the Kinect... and regretted it instantly. When I placed the order, it said it wouldn't be in stock until Nov. 12 and would arrive Nov. 18-20. I went back to cancel the order 5 minutes later and now it says it's in-stock and the item is being prepared for shipment - still on Nov. 18-20, but I can't cancel it. erg. :( Worst shopping decision of the year! I wonder how much return postage would be...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RedStep']Pretty sure that's a joke - the pics in DC are not saved or uploaded (unlike Kinect Sports or one of those). After the song you can look at them, but that's it.[/QUOTE]
Wow, talk about missing the point.

[quote name='imacjenn']On impulse, after reading the overwhelmingly good reviews on Amazon, I ordered the Kinect... and regretted it instantly. When I placed the order, it said it wouldn't be in stock until Nov. 12 and would arrive Nov. 18-20. I went back to cancel the order 5 minutes later and now it says it's in-stock and the item is being prepared for shipment - still on Nov. 18-20, but I can't cancel it. erg. :( Worst shopping decision of the year! I wonder how much return postage would be...[/QUOTE]

"Refused, return to sender" is zero dollars. ;)

If you REALLY must get one of these IMMEDIATELY it does seem like B&M stores are overflowing with them. I nearly tripped on the pile at my local BB and they had 3-4 other piles around the stores.

It's a pretty heavily trafficked store, though, so I have a feeling they'll be gone soon enough.

[quote name='imacjenn']On impulse, after reading the overwhelmingly good reviews on Amazon, I ordered the Kinect... and regretted it instantly. When I placed the order, it said it wouldn't be in stock until Nov. 12 and would arrive Nov. 18-20. I went back to cancel the order 5 minutes later and now it says it's in-stock and the item is being prepared for shipment - still on Nov. 18-20, but I can't cancel it. erg. :( Worst shopping decision of the year! I wonder how much return postage would be...[/QUOTE]

Or if there's really a shortage, eBay or Craiglist to make profit. It's frowned upon but it's your call.

bread's done
Back