Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BridgetFisher']Just tried to buy Lego lord of the rings but the site says 20$ should have been 7.50.[/QUOTE]

Prices don't change until midnight Pacific.

[quote name='Mooby']Prices don't change until midnight Pacific.[/QUOTE]

Ugh pacific, what a random choice in time zones, well im going to play a new game then now, im getting bored.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']Ugh pacific, what a random choice in time zones, well im going to play a new game then now, im getting bored.[/QUOTE]

Well, it is where they are headquartered...

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm sorry, I watched the trailers but I still got get what the fuss over Scribblenaughts is?[/QUOTE]

No! You are wrong. You must like Scribblenauts. Now say "I love Scribblenauts" repeatedly until you believe it and you will be accepted into the cult club.

I've never been accepted. Well not without intitiating severe behavior modification. Am I supposed to use a THQ uDraw?*

*I already have a Wacom pad.

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Do either the Lego Harry Potter games or Lego LotR activate on steam?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they all have: "Requires Steam Client to activate." further down the page near system requirments.

BTW, is your avatar from the movie "The Rocketeer"?

Does anyone know which of the two Total War Bundles can be activated on Steam? Been waiting for that bundle after playing Total War Battle on Android. Need more total war.

Anyone know why Sonic Generation doubled in price?

[quote name='walkonshadows']Yes, they all have: "Requires Steam Client to activate." further down the page near system requirments.

BTW, is your avatar from the movie "The Rocketeer"?[/QUOTE]
Here come the fuzz ;)

I thought scribblenuats was steam big picture, I check the store page now and it looks like they removed their controller support.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']I thought scribblenuats was steam big picture, I check the store page now and it looks like they removed their controller support.[/QUOTE]

You really wanna type stuff in with a controller?

Hope there are Scribblenauts keys left when I wake up in the morning. Got a drive ahead of me to the family Christmas. EST here and my eyes are getting heavy. Haha. After this I've got one game left on my list and that's Dark Souls, which I'll pick up after the new year with the promo code. I'm curious to see what this mystery promo is though...

Just a heads up, it looks like Amazon matched Steam's price on SR3: Full Package, as it's 7.49 as well now (instead of the 12.49 it was supposed to be when it went live on 12/25.) Also, Walking Dead for 12.49 is live early, possibly another Steam match (was supposed to go live on the 27th.) Works out well for those with Amazon credit (like me). Plus you get the 5.00 credit for both.

Picking those up along with the 10.00 Batman GoTY collection tomorrow. Amazon beating Steam on DD deals? Unfathomable.

[quote name='M_A_C']You really wanna type stuff in with a controller?[/QUOTE]

Scribblenauts is made for consoles since its a video game but is ported to PC. Looks like the pc is a watered down version of the console version, Ill just grab it on wiiU

[quote name='BridgetFisher']Scribblenauts is made for consoles since its a video game but is ported to PC. Looks like the pc is a watered down version of the console version, Ill just grab it on wiiU[/QUOTE]

It's only on one console, the Wii U (and 3DS), because the Wii U has a virtual keyboard on the controller. The PC version is the same except it has the Steam creation stuff instead of the Nintendo characters. $7.50 vs $60 on the Wii U.

[quote name='M_A_C']It's only on one console, the Wii U (and 3DS), because the Wii U has a virtual keyboard on the controller. The PC version is the same except it has the Steam creation stuff instead of the Nintendo characters. $7.50 vs $60 on the Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Rather pay the extra to be free of being leashed to a mouse and keyboard like a dog. This is 2012 not 1980, might as well make it monochrome on pc. Price is a big consideration, but looking for games to add to my wii-u starting catalog and this is a good starter. Like you said really pushes the controller be interesting see what they do with it.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']Rather pay the extra to be free of being leashed to a mouse and keyboard like a dog. This is 2012 not 1980, might as well make it monochrome on pc. Price is a big consideration, but looking for games to add to my wii-u starting catalog and this is a good starter. Like you said really pushes the controller be interesting see what they do with it.[/QUOTE]

Whatisthisidonteven

How long form now will Tony give us that new deal thingy?

[quote name='BridgetFisher']Rather pay the extra to be free of being leashed to a mouse and keyboard like a dog. This is 2012 not 1980, might as well make it monochrome on pc. Price is a big consideration, but looking for games to add to my wii-u starting catalog and this is a good starter. Like you said really pushes the controller be interesting see what they do with it.[/QUOTE]
Yea! I eat rice with chop sticks too! I aint no animal!

Oh no you didn't! Did you just dis 1980? The Apple ][ (1977) had color . Maybe a console peasant thread would suit you better.

I'm going to guess you're either high or drunk, because I don't recall your ever talking like this.

If you want to pay $60 for a Wii U game when the same experience will be had on the PC, then be my guest.

They do nothing on the Wii U version that makes the controller interesting. They have a keyboard on it, along with the game itself. And that image is mirrored on your TV.

And you deleted a post that said games are for consoles, and PCs just get ports. This isn't 2005. Now that it's 2012, and almost 2013, PC far surpassed consoles. Consoles don't look this good:

Sleeping-Dogs-PC-Gameplay-Screenshots-2.jpg

Just checking before I buy this. Steam community just voted for Bastion to be $3.74 that DOES mean it won't be price matched by Amazon right?

[quote name='Fatalis Fafnir']Tony, do you play video games? o_O;;[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Severose and I play LoL together sometimes :). I'm mostly MOBA these days but I love me some BL2 and XCOM.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='jwk94']Just checking before I buy this. Steam community just voted for Bastion to be $3.74 that DOES mean it won't be price matched by Amazon right?[/QUOTE]

[youtube]YY6wwAhvirY[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back