Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon downloader if you don't want the Origin client. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Can't speak for your experience with the CS rep just now but one would have thought your first impression with Amazon CS in general would have occurred somewhere in this thread:

To quote your signature:

My List
-
Steam keys for sale/trade:
Supreme Commander 2
($4), Tomb Raider: GoL ($4), Kane & Lynch 2 ($5), SotS Complete ($5),
Super Meat Boy/Lone Survivor/Braid ($5), Hamilton's Great Adventure ($4), Oddworld Pack ($3), Syberia ($4)

Interested in something? Got an offer for me? Send me a PM![/QUOTE]
I've never run into a contact problem thus far with Amazon. I wasn't even one of the people who was asking for Vicky 2 and SotS:C keys, I just got that sent out to me.

I'm not bitching. That was a cool gesture and I appreciated it along with everyone else, but it had nothing to do with me having a situation, contacting Amazon, getting a reply. This is the first time I've dealt with CS back and forth and there's a problem. It's not a huge deal, just funny seeing as everyone praises Amazon CS so much. I'm sure it will get worked out.

But if you just wanna make a snarky comment to make me look like an asshole, that's cool too.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Amazon downloader if you don't want the Origin client. Otherwise it doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I can't stand Origin but I was a little disheartened after reading some other people's experiences on Amazon.

[quote name='Davinatorman']Thanks, I can't stand Origin but I was a little disheartened after reading some other people's experiences on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
From what I've heard, you DON'T have to install or use Origin to install these Dragon Age games. You do have to have an Origin account though (which I'm sure you can just create on their site).

[quote name='Idiotekque']First impressions mean a lot.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']
I've never run into a contact problem thus far with Amazon.
[/QUOTE]

I guess my confusion lies in these two, seemingly contradicting, statements.

Was this your first impression of Amazon CS? Or have you contacted CS before and never had a problem?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I guess my confusion lies in these two, seemingly contradicting, statements.

Was this your first impression of Amazon CS? Or have you contacted CS before and never had a problem?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I've never run into a contact problem with Amazon CS because I've never dealt back and forth with Amazon CS. I've never contacted them before via phone, email, chat, etc. Perhaps that sounds a little redundant, but yeah.

Like I said, this is the very first time I've gone to the support page, filled in the boxes, sent my message and awaited a reply. Therefore it's my first impression as far as interaction with the CS goes.

The sending out of those keys before was cool, it's not like I'm being unappreciative of that, but that had nothing to do with my contacting CS and getting a response. I wasn't even aware that those keys were going to be sent out until I got them and read about it here.

I guess it's semantics, but I didn't classify that instance as dealing with CS because... well, I didn't deal with them, I just got what looked like an automatically sent key to my inbox. I guess that was CS' doing, but since I never contacted them with a concern, communicated with them, etc, it wasn't really a "first impression" for me.

Hope that explains it well enough. It's not like I suddenly hate Amazon, I just thought the occurrence was a little funny as I was told to input a key that wasn't even the proper configuration for a Steam key (12345-56789, etc).

[quote name='CheapyD']Shipwreck told me that it picks up quite a bit after the first hour.

Also, I played a little bit of NFS: The Run. Haven't played enough of it to give it a thumbs up or down, but damn it looks pretty.[/QUOTE]
No matter the rough edges on its mechanics, yeah, the game looks really nice on Frostbite, and they do a good job making it feel intense as you play with the camera and audio. It's a shame the rest of the game feels so average.

I'm looking forward to seeing Criterion getting their hands back on the franchise, as Hot Pursuit was pretty fun.

I take it back, best first impression ever.

[quote name='Amazon CS']Hello,

I sincerely apologize for the trouble you've had with "Tomb Raider: Underworld”.

We'll have to look into your problem with Tomb Raider Underworld not activating on Steam a little more deeply. I've contacted the technical team and they will get back to me within 2-3 business days or sooner so we can solve this. I just wanted to let you know once I receive a response from the technical department.

Situations such as this are rare, and errors like this are usually corrected shortly after they're reported.

To compensate for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard, I've issued you a $10.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item sold by Amazon.com.

I realize this promotion can't fully make up for the inconvenience. Please accept this refund as a goodwill gesture and an apology for any inconvenience.

Promotional certificates don't apply to items offered by other sellers on our website and won't cover the shipping costs of an order. This amount will be applied to your next qualifying order automatically without entering a claim code.

Thanks for your patience and giving me time to find the best solution.

We look forward to seeing you soon again.[/QUOTE]

It still feels like the rep (Swetha was her name?) didn't understand me, but oh well. I clearly stated that I bought the game while it wasn't coming in the bundle with a Steam key, and that now that it is coming with a Steam key I'd like it swapped out, but it kinda sounds like she just thinks I bought a Steam key and it won't work. I explained it twice and that was the response I got.

Can't complain though. >_> $10 credit? Wtf? You guys are rewarding us for bitching about nothing, lol.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']No matter the rough edges on its mechanics, yeah, the game looks really nice on Frostbite, and they do a good job making it feel intense as you play with the camera and audio. It's a shame the rest of the game feels so average.

I'm looking forward to seeing Criterion getting their hands back on the franchise, as Hot Pursuit was pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

I've got to be honest, but I love Criterion's work on the Burnout series more than their more recent forays into the NFS series. Paradise was great (although tough to get used to), but Takedown and Revenge remain to this day some of my favorite racing games.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I take it back, best first impression ever.

It still feels like the rep (Swetha was her name?) didn't understand me, but oh well. I clearly stated that I bought the game while it wasn't coming in the bundle with a Steam key, and that now that it is coming with a Steam key I'd like it swapped out, but it kinda sounds like she just thinks I bought a Steam key and it won't work. I explained it twice and that was the response I got.

Can't complain though. >_> $10 credit? Wtf? You guys are rewarding us for bitching about nothing, lol.[/QUOTE]

"Us" meaning you. All my CS said was that Tony isn't an Amazon rep. :roll:

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I've got to be honest, but I love Criterion's work on the Burnout series more than their more recent forays into the NFS series. Paradise was great (although tough to get used to), but Takedown and Revenge remain to this day some of my favorite racing games.[/QUOTE]
I hated Hot Pursuit but thankfully their next game looks like a Burnout Paradise sequel with the NFS name slapped onto it. Paradise is my favorite car game of all time, so I'm pretty excited about this.

[quote name='Idiotekque']$10 credit [/QUOTE]

Wow, I should complain more. I've gotten the tech support is looking into it response, but nothing else in 24 hours.

Some people like to take advantage of amazon and still bitch about it when they don't have it their way. I haven't had a problem with amazon where they made me hate them, but I do despise the CS who don't know what you're talking about when you clearly write it for them. :roll:

I have no reason to dislike Amazon CS. I mean, you don't have to comprehend what I tell you, just give me credit. That works... lol.

As long as you aren't GameFly, I will give your customer support the benefit of the doubt. :)

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I've got to be honest, but I love Criterion's work on the Burnout series more than their more recent forays into the NFS series. Paradise was great (although tough to get used to), but Takedown and Revenge remain to this day some of my favorite racing games.[/QUOTE]
No argument here. I loved the shit out of Burnout 3 back in the day, and the transition to the NFS license has meant real cars, so less insanity and destruction. But on the other hand, the NFS brand is a lot stronger than Burnout, so I'm glad they're still around at all, given the way this gen has treated most developers.

Funnily, it was Amazon customer service giving me a hassle that led me to create my account here, hoping that Tony would do the job. However, since there's a waiting period between making an account and actually being able to post, I figured I'd keep trying with Amazon customer reps to see if I could get the issue resolved during the interim.

It was back last November, when there was a deal saying that if you bought the Men of War Collection, you would be able to get Vietnam for $10. The wording was contradictory, saying you had to spend it by the 8th (Tues), while also saying this promotion ran until the 12th (Sat). The wording was added mid-promotion and I think I bought it on Sunday or Monday. I felt it was bs to punish early buyers with the lack of said dscount.

After 3 reps, I had $10 credit and when I was finally allowed to buy the game at $10, I then got it for free.

Essentially, **** got done, but I had to work for something that should have been automatic.

I wonder I'd changing to the easy difficulty takes away some of the rubber-band AI frustration in NFS: The Run. I'm all about removing frustration.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Grabbed Binary Domain. It's pretty generic, the tutorial is painfully long too. Seemed like the tutorial alone took an hour to get through. It would have felt better if I paid 5 instead of 10 but for those that are into cover shooters I imagine you'll enjoy it.[/QUOTE]
I love shooters and enjoyed it but, yes, it is not an experience that will turn shooter haters into shooter lovers.

[quote name='GamingKnight']Funnily, it was Amazon customer service giving me a hassle that led me to create my account here, hoping that Tony would do the job. However, since there's a waiting period between making an account and actually being able to post, I figured I'd keep trying with Amazon customer reps to see if I could get the issue resolved during the interim.

It was back last November, when there was a deal saying that if you bought the Men of War Collection, you would be able to get Vietnam for $10. The wording was contradictory, saying you had to spend it by the 8th (Tues), while also saying this promotion ran until the 12th (Sat). The wording was added mid-promotion and I think I bought it on Sunday or Monday. I felt it was bs to punish early buyers with the lack of said dscount.

After 3 reps, I had $10 credit and when I was finally allowed to buy the game at $10, I then got it for free.

Essentially, **** got done, but I had to work for something that should have been automatic.[/QUOTE]

It's all about perception and expectations for me. In your case I can understand your frustration because it shouldn't take 3 CSRs to get what you were promised (which was a $10 dollar credit).

I think, in other cases though people bought these packs knowing exactly what they were paying for. Yes, it sucks that maybe the new packs have some nice shiny things the old one didn't and there's nothing wrong with asking if you could "exchange" keys or whatever, but there really is no obligation for Amazon to do so and shouldn't be any expectation.

If they do, great, wonderful, if they don't they still delivered what you paid for and at the time you were happy paying for it. If an Amazon CSR doesn't go above and beyond to give you something you were never entitled to I don't see how that can be a valid complaint against Amazon or their customer service.

That's just me though. I personally have never encountered such problems with Amazon, but I'm sure not all CSRs are as helpful as the ones I tend to get. I mean recently when amazon had their big MP3 album sale I bought some early in the day when they were $1.99 and then they dropped to $.99. I chatted with a CSR and asked if there was a way to get the price matched and he did and said he'd process a refund for the difference. He ended up refunding me the full amount and letting me keep the albums and then the next day I got an email from Amazon telling me I had a $1 credit in my account for each album because of the mix up. So I actually made out like a thief.

That said, I was happy with the albums at $1.99, thought they were a steal at that price, and would have been happy with my purchase either way.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's all about perception and expectations for me. In your case I can understand your frustration because it shouldn't take 3 CSRs to get what you were promised (which was a $10 dollar credit).

I think, in other cases though people bought these packs knowing exactly what they were paying for. Yes, it sucks that maybe the new packs have some nice shiny things the old one didn't and there's nothing wrong with asking if you could "exchange" keys or whatever, but there really is no obligation for Amazon to do so and shouldn't be any expectation.

If they do, great, wonderful, if they don't they still delivered what you paid for and at the time you were happy paying for it. If an Amazon CSR doesn't go above and beyond to give you something you were never entitled to I don't see how that can be a valid complaint against Amazon or their customer service.

That's just me though. I personally have never encountered such problems with Amazon, but I'm sure not all CSRs are as helpful as the ones I tend to get. I mean recently when amazon had their big MP3 album sale I bought some early in the day when they were $1.99 and then they dropped to $.99. I chatted with a CSR and asked if there was a way to get the price matched and he did and said he'd process a refund for the difference. He ended up refunding me the full amount and letting me keep the albums and then the next day I got an email from Amazon telling me I had a $1 credit in my account for each album because of the mix up. So I actually made out like a thief.

That said, I was happy with the albums at $1.99, thought they were a steal at that price, and would have been happy with my purchase either way.[/QUOTE]
Very true. In my initial message I didn't claim anything as a "problem" or demand anything at all. I only commented that I have found out the bundle was coming with the Steam key and that multiple people had contacted CS to get a replacement.

That said, I was also kind of confused when I got the pack which had all Steam keys... except for one. At the time I didn't see anything that warned me of that.

In the end, credit will shut up the complainers though. Can't say that's a bad policy.

Would there be more games going on sale or the list on the OP is all we're going to get till the 14th? I'm also assuming that 14th is the last day of this big sale and it would be back to the weekly deals? Just asking and not complaining, bought a lot of games already from this sale.

[quote name='TheHeretic']Would there be more games going on sale or the list on the OP is all we're going to get till the 14th? I'm also assuming that 14th is the last day of this big sale and it would be back to the weekly deals? Just asking and not complaining, bought a lot of games already from this sale.[/QUOTE]

This!

I love the sales and have picked up way more than I anticipated but I sure would love another surprise or two.

You have spoiled us Tony.

[quote name='CheapyD']I wonder I'd changing to the easy difficulty takes away some of the rubber-band AI frustration in NFS: The Run. I'm all about removing frustration.[/QUOTE]
Not a gamble I am willing to take. EA hasn't made a balanced, non-frustrating sports, racer, or fighter in years. I don't think the difficulty setting hides the switch for a better experience in these instances.

[quote name='CheapyD']I wonder I'd changing to the easy difficulty takes away some of the rubber-band AI frustration in NFS: The Run. I'm all about removing frustration.[/QUOTE]

I find myself playing in easy mode more and more nowadays. I accidentally started Serious Sam in normal mode and it's gotten to the point where it's not enjoyable for me. I'm still trying to finish, but some points toward the end are just unrelenting.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I find myself playing in easy mode more and more nowadays. I accidentally started Serious Sam in normal mode and it's gotten to the point where it's not enjoyable for me. I'm still trying to finish, but some points toward the end are just unrelenting.[/QUOTE]

Hm. Me too. Does this just mean I'm getting old (40 this year)?

The forum-goers in my MMO of choice, LOTRO, toss around the word "easy-moder" like it's some kind of insult, but, hey, if that's what it takes to actually enjoy a game, I have no problem doing it. After all, the point of playing games is to have fun, not to compete with others by holding yourself up to some kind of masochistic standard of being ornery and stubborn enough to finish a game years after you start. People should do what's fun for them--otherwise you're definitely doing it wrong.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I find myself playing in easy mode more and more nowadays. I accidentally started Serious Sam in normal mode and it's gotten to the point where it's not enjoyable for me. I'm still trying to finish, but some points toward the end are just unrelenting.[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about Serious Sam 3, I know where you're coming from. I'm the type that very rarely will lower the difficulty once I've started though and it eventually got to be more frustration than fun so I shelved the game with the hopes of finishing it someday.

Anyway, picked up Spec Ops: The Line, Binary Domain and X-Com Complete so far in this sale. Debating getting Borderlands GOTY so I can have it on PC even though I already own the game and 2 of the DLCs on PS3.

[quote name='Killbomb']If you're talking about Serious Sam 3, I know where you're coming from. I'm the type that very rarely will lower the difficulty once I've started though and it eventually got to be more frustration than fun so I shelved the game with the hopes of finishing it someday.

Anyway, picked up Spec Ops: The Line, Binary Domain and X-Com Complete so far in this sale. Debating getting Borderlands GOTY so I can have it on PC even though I already own the game and 2 of the DLCs on PS3.[/QUOTE]

It'll probably cost you at least 7.50 or even more to get the rest of the DLC on consoles.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Is it not working? If you have an issue contact our (Amazon's) CS group.

It SHOULD be going up next week.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot, just got it all back up working! Great CS as usual.

[quote name='Jodou']Everytime I see this thread bumped it makes me sad how Amazon has given up on sales for retail games. :\[/QUOTE]

Amazon decided to side with the master race ;).

It was inevitable!

Hey Tony, I know only 2 of the 5 episodes are available as of now, but, any chance of a "Walking Dead" sale in the next few days/within a week?

PS: Loving the sale so far. Got Max Payne 3, Spec Ops: The Line, Black Ops and Warhammer so far. I will probably get MW3 before the sale is up, too. (as well as Walking Dead, should there be a sale)

[quote name='warreni']Hm. Me too. Does this just mean I'm getting old (40 this year)?

The forum-goers in my MMO of choice, LOTRO, toss around the word "easy-moder" like it's some kind of insult, but, hey, if that's what it takes to actually enjoy a game, I have no problem doing it. After all, the point of playing games is to have fun, not to compete with others by holding yourself up to some kind of masochistic standard of being ornery and stubborn enough to finish a game years after you start. People should do what's fun for them--otherwise you're definitely doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]

I don't think age has anything to do with it. Some people just have a competitive streak I guess. Personally, I love shooters, but I am aware that I am not the best at them so I play them on the mode where it is fun for me. I like a challenge on occasion, but I get more satisfaction out of solving a puzzle than managing 30 head shots in 30 seconds to survive crazy insane hellbaby mode.

[quote name='Killbomb']If you're talking about Serious Sam 3, I know where you're coming from. I'm the type that very rarely will lower the difficulty once I've started though and it eventually got to be more frustration than fun so I shelved the game with the hopes of finishing it someday.

Anyway, picked up Spec Ops: The Line, Binary Domain and X-Com Complete so far in this sale. Debating getting Borderlands GOTY so I can have it on PC even though I already own the game and 2 of the DLCs on PS3.[/QUOTE]

I wish it was 3, I started with the First Encounter hoping to get to three soon, but by the looks of it I might need to restart on easy or just get the energy to finish it somehow. I'm on the second to last level, but waves and waves of suicide bombers, skeleton bulls, and frogs are not too fun right now.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I wish it was 3, I started with the First Encounter hoping to get to three soon, but by the looks of it I might need to restart on easy or just get the energy to finish it somehow. I'm on the second to last level, but waves and waves of suicide bombers, skeleton bulls, and frogs are not too fun right now.[/QUOTE]

Sam games are sort of tuned to the co-op mode in respects to difficulty. I have yet to finish it in singleplayer, but I've done it several times with a friend.

I'm also in the "easy" boat. I typically start a game on Normal and if it becomes a chore I'm not at all above switching to easy. I like a challenge, but if a game demands I play it with perfection and that means playing it over and over and over... well, I don't find that enjoyable nor do I have time for such foolishness. I find most games ramp up to difficulty way too early or unnaturally spike right at the end.

[quote name='TheHeretic']Would there be more games going on sale or the list on the OP is all we're going to get till the 14th? I'm also assuming that 14th is the last day of this big sale and it would be back to the weekly deals? Just asking and not complaining, bought a lot of games already from this sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='miqspot']This!

I love the sales and have picked up way more than I anticipated but I sure would love another surprise or two.

You have spoiled us Tony.[/QUOTE]

I have emails out to 3 publishers (sent yesterday). Stay tuned for more info. No confirmation yet.

[quote name='KingXtreme81']Hey Tony, I know only 2 of the 5 episodes are available as of now, but, any chance of a "Walking Dead" sale in the next few days/within a week?

PS: Loving the sale so far. Got Max Payne 3, Spec Ops: The Line, Black Ops and Warhammer so far. I will probably get MW3 before the sale is up, too. (as well as Walking Dead, should there be a sale)[/QUOTE]

I don't have a sale planed on WD currently, will announce if this changes.

Cheers,
Tony

I guess I'm bucking the trend here, as I usually play on Normal or Hard, and barely ever adjust. If a game gets too frustrating, I find myself compelled to beat it just to give it a metaphorical middle finger. It also helps playing on Hard because flaws in the game become amplified. In COD/Battlefield, it becomes apparent that the AI is artificially empowered to be harder, by giving them inhuman accuracy (despite the weapon they're holding), and will always prioritize the player over everyone else. I think it was in BF3 where this was so apparent that every time I stood up from cover, the enemies would swivel to face and shoot at me, a story up and a hundred feet back, over my AI comrades right in front of them.

It makes it easier to break down the mechanics for a review, something I need to actually start doing.

[quote name='hal']Sam games are sort of tuned to the co-op mode in respects to difficulty. I have yet to finish it in singleplayer, but I've done it several times with a friend.

I'm also in the "easy" boat. I typically start a game on Normal and if it becomes a chore I'm not at all above switching to easy. I like a challenge, but if a game demands I play it with perfection and that means playing it over and over and over... well, I don't find that enjoyable nor do I have time for such foolishness. I find most games ramp up to difficulty way too early or unnaturally spike right at the end.[/QUOTE]

This is why I'll probably never play Super Meat Boy or Dark Souls. Games where the reviews say things like "You'll die a lot. This is really frustrating, but it's the game of the year" are ones that I will gladly skip. If part of the game mechanics is that you expect the player to die over and over, then you're not making a game for people like me. If I die more than 5-10 times doing the same thing, I'm sliding the difficulty to the left or uninstalling.

[quote name='Jodou']Everytime I see this thread bumped it makes me sad how Amazon has given up on sales for retail games. :\[/QUOTE]

It's not really Amazon. I think it's just where the whole industry is going. I never thought I'd buy my games using digital distribution at all and only really started in 2011, but I like saving money a lot more than getting a box it seems and being able to eventually buy any AAA title for $5 is really hard to beat. Sometimes even lower if it's an old title...

I used to be happy to pay $19.99 for older (1 year+ titles; bought boxed Civ 4 complete for that). I suppose the box versions are more collectible, but if you only want to play or watch something, it's hard to beat digital now.

[quote name='warreni']This is why I'll probably never play Super Meat Boy or Dark Souls. Games where the reviews say things like "You'll die a lot. This is really frustrating, but it's the game of the year" are ones that I will gladly skip. If part of the game mechanics is that you expect the player to die over and over, then you're not making a game for people like me. If I die more than 5-10 times doing the same thing, I'm sliding the difficulty to the left or uninstalling.[/QUOTE]

Super Meat Boy stands alone as the only maddeningly difficult game that isn't frustrating. Levels are super short and the time between death a new life is nil.

Because Amazon has been so good to me I would like to give back to CAG. I purchased the Square pack and got a second copy of Just Cause 2. I already own it on Steam (thanks Amazon, got it for 2.50!) Please only redeem the key on Steam if you plan on playing the game....

GWC62-X4VVX-LXCRY

[quote name='warreni']This is why I'll probably never play Super Meat Boy or Dark Souls. Games where the reviews say things like "You'll die a lot. This is really frustrating, but it's the game of the year" are ones that I will gladly skip. If part of the game mechanics is that you expect the player to die over and over, then you're not making a game for people like me. If I die more than 5-10 times doing the same thing, I'm sliding the difficulty to the left or uninstalling.[/QUOTE]

If you're doing the same thing 10 times and expecting different results, isn't that the definition of insanity?

Dark Souls is hard but not really for the reasons you seem to think. It rarely throws hordes of enemies at you. 90 percent of the deaths are simply people just making easy to avoid mistakes. The other 10 percent are people avoiding a monster's strike but accidently rolling off a cliff at the same time.

I had originally registered to grouse about the premature ending of the Syndicate deal but I saw Tony answer on that one a few days ago. So I'll use my first post instead to thank Tony for his extraordinary customer outreach even if it means a few errors along the way. And this has been an entertaining read due to everyone else along the way as well.

As long as I'm posting, does anyone know if the Payday 4-Pack provides four individual Steam keys or does it provide the game and three giftable copies in your Steam account? Sorry if this was asked/answered upthread... there's a lot of words up there and I missed it if it was.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I had originally registered to grouse about the premature ending of the Syndicate deal but I saw Tony answer on that one a few days ago. So I'll use my first post instead to thank Tony for his extraordinary customer outreach even if it means a few errors along the way. And this has been an entertaining read due to everyone else along the way as well.

As long as I'm posting, does anyone know if the Payday 4-Pack provides four individual Steam keys or does it provide the game and three giftable copies in your Steam account? Sorry if this was asked/answered upthread... there's a lot of words up there and I missed it if it was.[/QUOTE]

Lol grousing noted! Sorry again about the confusion :(.

To answer your question yes, with our 4-packs you get 4 individual codes.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='miqspot']Because Amazon has been so good to me I would like to give back to CAG. I purchased the Square pack and got a second copy of Just Cause 2. I already own it on Steam (thanks Amazon, got it for 2.50!) Please only redeem the key on Steam if you plan on playing the game....

GWC62-X4VVX-LXCRY[/QUOTE]

doh. gone.

[quote name='urf']This pack comes with V - steam and IV - not (I assume). But if you click IV it has a steam version. Is there any chance of getting this pack with both of them Steam? Or does it exist and I'm missing it?

http://www.amazon.com/Civilization-IV-V-Pack-Download/dp/B006UHIPPE/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_t_2[/QUOTE]

Negative, we couldn't get the bundling tool to package both together for some reason. The Strategy pack contains all Steam keys though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Levels are super short and the time between death a new life is nil.[/QUOTE]

This is key to me. I like a challenge but I don't like redoing a ton of stuff. Exactly why Dark Souls wore on me eventually and I shelved it unfinished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back