Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Already have Skyrim base-game + Dragonborn DLC.

Looking for Hearthfire + Dawnguard.
I'm the same but these 33% off DLC 'sales' they've been having lately while the base and GOTY (or Legendary or whatever the hell they are calling it) are 66 or 75% off is not going to cut it for me.

75% off the DLC or GTFO. I'm holding firm to that. If it means no Hearthfire and Dawnguard ever then so be it.

I did pay more for Dragonborn though since I got it fairly early on mostly out of Morrowind nostalgia.

I'm the same but these 33% off DLC 'sales' they've been having lately while the base and GOTY (or Legendary or whatever the hell they are calling it) are 66 or 75% off is not going to cut it for me.

75% off the DLC or GTFO. I'm holding firm to that. If it means no Hearthfire and Dawnguard ever then so be it.

I did pay more for Dragonborn though since I got it fairly early on mostly out of Morrowind nostalgia.
Same for me except I don't own any of the three DLCs. 75% or nothin.

Disney's Pocahontas grabbed from the same idea bins as Avatar and Dances With Wolves, yes. Nor is it like Dances With Wolves was the first. The story of the civilized white man being a better Indian than the Indian has been around since the start of American literature. It probably fully solidified with Cooper, but the tropes were around earlier than that.

Someone should gift you the other two DLC. That would wreck your clever planning.

:whistle2:k

Anyone else got a plan of action something like this?

2ajw0id.png

With the month-long sales at the end just incase any of the Skyrim DLC gets on the list somehow.

EDIT: May I be clear that I already have Madness Returns on 360, and with Amazon's Trade-in, I'd be practically being paid to upgrade to the Master Race.

2ajw0id.png

With the month-long sales at the end just incase any of the Skyrim DLC gets on the list somehow.

EDIT: May I be clear that I already have Madness Returns on 360, and with Amazon's Trade-in, I'd be practically being paid to upgrade to the Master Race.
photo-thumb-247487.jpg
Are you single?​

Not true. The daily is Surgeon Simulator 2013 for 3.39

(Though they did phone it in.)
Ah yes masterfully done GabeN. A deal soon to be followed by a deal on Joe Danger 2 for $5 and then on Tuesday a daily including the game that will be the 2nd week bonus so they can sucker as many people as possible out of their money before they all realize hours later they just got it for free.

Unfortunately, I am married to Emily Dickinson's skeleton.
(On a less funny note, I am single, possibly because I say weird stuff.)
How are you single? You're so beautiful.

And that IS a hot skeleton...don't blame you for admiring it.

2ajw0id.png

You should be aware that according to my recent research Most Wanted has serious issues with the DLC, the game often doesn't give you access to it, I guess it doesn't show up in the game. You should look into that before spending $7 on it.

How are you single? You're so beautiful.

And that IS a hot skeleton...don't blame you for admiring it.
My true form is less endearing than ol green eyes.
5041113148933013935.jpeg

You should be aware that according to my recent research Most Wanted has serious issues with the DLC, the game often doesn't give you access to it, I guess it doesn't show up in the game. You should look into that before spending $7 on it.
Ouch. Yeah. Research is always nice with EA stuff.

Quoting for emphasis. This is true. I last played it 6 weeks ago but this is the case. Completely reinstalling allowed 3/4 DLC to show up all the time for me and Terminal Velocity to show up only half the time I start the game. The problems people have are DLC not showing up at all or showing up intermittently.

I was looking up some videos on Kingdoms Of Amalur and a familiar face popped up in comments. I clicked on the name and got this youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SolidSnakeAss
Think they're related?
I'm pretty sure they are two halves of the same person.

I recommend Das Boot.

It's about a boot who has lost his family in a tragic accident and now has no feet to keep warm anymore. It's a gruesome tale of loneliness and depression. But with a happy ending!

Oh yeah, and there's also some Germans in it.
Sounds like you might enjoy Rubber. ;)

Predictable? Yes. Terrible? Not really. More like mediocre. It was a better Dances With Wolves than Dances With Wolves.
220px-Ferngully.jpg

You should sue that youtube person for stealing your name.
For the longest time someone had taking @MrNinjaSquirrel on Twitter, but on my way to murder him and start the six month wait to steal his handle, I noticed he'd already changed it :D/

However I still feel the urge to kill someone...

I suppose another thought would be to run around half-naked. Works for me! ;)
You mean I'm not the only one that does thi- oh, you mean in a game. Yeah, that's what I meant too...

I love Fern Gully!!!!

I need XCOM Enemy Within drop $5 between now and the 31st.

I caved and I bought Final Exam. I think I have 15 or so coupons left.

Tony hasn't mentioned anything about Defiance being on the EC list (despite the giveaway). If you're burning for it, GG has it for $5 this weekend.
Haven't had time to do much in TSW yet but for those that have tried Defiance or both... Which would most recommend? Opinions? For $5 I'm tempted to pick up Defiance too. Thoughts?

Haven't had time to do much in TSW yet but for those that have tried Defiance or both... Which would most recommend? Opinions? For $5 I'm tempted to pick up Defiance too. Thoughts?
>.> I haven't made it through Character creation yet in Defiance. That said it's supposedly closer to Borderlands than an MMO. Apparently race and class only affect looks and starter gear.

So I started Mars: War Logs today, which of course I had bought on Amazon :). I can't believe the guard made a Skyrim reference of how he took an arrow to the knee... :D

I should probably also install Defiance sometime soon, I won the digital deluxe edition on Raptr a while back.

Defiance definitely feels more familiar in terms of learning controls and leveling advancement and such than TSW does. TSW tries to do some things really differently than most other games and I think that divides people into love it/hate it sort of camps.

I agree though that the appeal of TSW seems to be more in the atmosphere and somewhat unique modern setting, at least for an MMO.

All that being said, I think it's best for people to try them both out if they are interested in them. Defiance has a free trial and most likely you can find someone with TSW around here to give out a free pass if someone is interested.

Defiance definitely feels more familiar in terms of learning controls and leveling advancement and such than TSW does. TSW tries to do some things really differently than most other games and I think that divides people into love it/hate it sort of camps.

I agree though that the appeal of TSW seems to be more in the atmosphere and somewhat unique modern setting, at least for an MMO.
This. The TSW world appeals to me... and it's not another damn high fantasy MMO.

Quoting for emphasis. This is true. I last played it 6 weeks ago but this is the case. Completely reinstalling allowed 3/4 DLC to show up all the time for me and Terminal Velocity to show up only half the time I start the game. The problems people have are DLC not showing up at all or showing up intermittently.
Someone tell EA to fix their crap NOW.

EA Guy - are you listening to us?

I haven't played Defiance yet, but I'm with you on TSW. I just don't get why it's so popular.
TSW is more akin to an offline game in many ways - i.e. it's writing, prose, story-telling, and dialogue is excellent.

I don't think most MMO players play MMO's for that stuff - they play to do stuff w/ their friends and don't really want *that* type of stuff invading their MMO.

Also, when doing quests in TSW - I often am alone, just roaming around the game-world and doing stuff - when others seems to also be doing the same. It just so happens that other players are in the same area - possibly doing same quest, roaming around the game-world, and/or are within the area - and will lend a hand to help out; then be on their very own merry way.

EDIT:

This. The TSW world appeals to me... and it's not another damn high fantasy MMO.
Yes - I absolutely love the game-world, modern-day setting, and its focus on Secret Societies.

Well i wanted to know if anybody here played syndicate and the sabouter if the games are good enough to play. I saw some reviews/gameplays and i am more interested on syndicate. And if anybody have a free trial on TWS as i wanted to try it before the deal comes up again. As you guys made me excited to try out the game but i didn't wanted to spend my two final coupons on each deal without your oppinion (if you played the games). 

And it's strange if i've started to play Bioshock 2 and then jumped to Infinite and then finally start playing Bioshock (thanks 2k to update the games to patch out games for windows live as i couldn't play as it would crash if i save)? 

Loving the series and i can't wait for the second part of Burial at Sea

So I have the borderlands 2 base game on ps3, but for some reason I have Problems playing games on consoles these days. So I was wondering if the goty was worth it at its current price.

What cha mean?

STALKER: SOC is awesome.

{Eyebrow raised}

You should be GLAD to play something *that* awesome.
Games are are supposed to be artistic expressions. They should be an experience that makes you peer deep into your inner psyche.

Why do you have to reduce everything to to BOOM HEADSHOT?

Randomish, but at least it's game talk:

I've finally gotten into playing Morrowind the past week and a half, and it started really slow for me. Call me a wuss or whatever, but I'm used to the modern day luxuries of fast travel and map markers...not to mention when you first start it takes forever to get anywhere, because if you don't invest in speed when you create your character, you move sooooooooo slowwwwwwwwww. I have about 25 hours or so invested in the game, now, and I've been leveling up speed everytime to compensate. With no fast travel, mark/recall spells are a must (as well as heavy use of the silt striders). Now that I've gotten used to it, though, the Elder Scrolls Addictiveness is kicking in. Can't believe I haven't played this game until now.

So Tony said that the Syndicate bundle will be on 1/13. Does that mean the deal will go live tonight after midnight PST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back