(Amazon PM's Here) Best Buy Blue Sunday Video Game Deals: PS Vita $170, Tearaway $30, NFS: Rivals (360/PS3/PC) $40/$30 and More

Welp I bit the bullet and got one of the walking dead bundles from the site.

I'm going to grab a few games later this week at a local used games store.

Anyone have multiplayer game recommendations or other titles to check out?

I know for sure Muramasa and Soul Sacrifice are on the shopping list.

I noticed this and am quite upset. Is there a way to get them to price match or do it just do it automatically? May have to wait for them to PM on the 360 version...
I tried calling Amazon about three weeks ago to price match the best buy price for a PS Vita 32 GB memory card. They said they will not price match anyone. Who knows if their policy changed for Thanksgiving.

Its like everyone tries to price match amazon and I'm having fun seeing Amazon trying to keep up with others. I ended up ordering this game on best buy to pick up in store since I got my $100 gift card to turning in my old PS3.

is it better to get the walking dead bundle? or 3g/8gb?

Assuming you have GCU:

If you do walking dead bundle + 8gb mem card youl be paying $190+tax

If you do 3g bundle w 8gb + walking dead game youl pay $182+tax

The only difference is you pay +$8 to get that 4gb and a dlc gane or -8 to get a physical copy of game less a 4gb mem card

(Hope my math is right)

FYI Soul Sacrifice is going to be free on PlayStation Plus come Tuesday. New it's still around $30 and most places goes for $20+ used and has an online pass. If you grab a year of PS+ from Amazon or Gamestop on BF they'll be $30 and then you can get Soul Sacrifice to play for the next year plus any other current PS+ games (which right now are Uncharted, Wipeout, Gravity Rush, Sine Mora, Hotline Miami, and Stranger's Wrath) and also collect the PS3 and PS4 games if you ever wide up with one of those systems.

skyrim legendary for $30 on amazon as well, hmm need to get a filler

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp I bit the bullet and got one of the walking dead bundles from the site.

I'm going to grab a few games later this week at a local used games store.

Anyone have multiplayer game recommendations or other titles to check out?

Persona 4 Golden and PS+. You'll get Soul Sacrifice free later in the month with PS+. Get a big memory card. That's what you'll really need.

Anyone who has both Vita and 3ds care to chime in?

I had a PSP and I put a lot of time on it before trading it in when I stopped getting games (After God of War there was nothing interesting)

I have a Wii U and think that while a 3ds has interesting games, variety would be better.
The Vita lacks a large library, but Vita game's graphics are PS3 quality. Look at games like Dead or Alive 5 as proof of the Vita's power. My 3DS barely gets used, but that's because I prefer certain games in Vita's library like Persona 4 Golden. It's more a matter of taste than anything else. Of course, 3DS wins in the storage department since you can buy SD cards which are much more affordable than Sony's Vita memory cards.

is it better to get the walking dead bundle? or 3g/8gb?
It really depends on what you want. I think both are 3g. Walking Dead comes with a digital code for the Walking Dead season 1 and 400 Days and a 4gb card. The other bundle comes with no games but an 8gb card.

It probably just comes down to whether or not you've played The Walking Dead on another platform or are interested in it. Personally, I already have The Walking Dead on ps3 and wanted the extra memory card space for ps plus games (especially considering some games, like Uncharted, are over 3gb alone), so I went with the 8gb card bundle.

Just so everyone knows, the wifi/ 3GS vita at best buy does have an 8gb card in the package. I just opened it. It's just worded weird on the box.

Just so everyone knows, the wifi/ 3GS vita at best buy does have an 8gb card in the package. I just opened it. It's just worded weird on the box.
You're right about the wording.

First it says "memory card not included" and then the sticker says "8gb memory card and game with activation." I assumed they would mail you a free memory card and game if you sign up for their service.

So it's in the box? Haha, the Best Buy person concluded the same thing I did.

What happened is that they had a ton of Vitas without the AT&T sticker and only one Vita with the AT&T sticker. I asked the employee about the Vita bundle with the 8GB card, and he said he didn't know. So we both looked at the box with the AT&T sticker. On one hand it said memory card not included but on the other hand it said free memory card with activation. I asked, "Wait, do you only get a memory card if you activate with AT&T, because I have no plans to use that?" He went, "Uhm, you're probably right." And then he said he could give me an 8GB memory card separately with the system and adjust the price to the sale price, and that's what he did.

Wow, I've been waiting for The Walking Dead Vita to drop in price. That's a great deal for BB GCU members, got it for 11.99 + tax. Have a lot of credit from trade-ins, so I couldn't pass it up. Thx for the thread OP! I've been slacking on keep up with deals lately.

Read reviews and celebrate with your $40 that you'll keep.
Stop trolling dude. NFS Rivals is a fun arcade-style racer, much better than Forza if you prefer arcade style racers to sims. Also the PS4 version has a metacritic average of 84, PC has 81. Troll fail!

Is this only a 1 day thing? & to answer the question as to ordering online, my dad is the one w/ the account & credit card...so yeah x)

The only thing that is irking me about grabbing it today is the bunduru:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/22/ps4-and-ps-vita-bundle-confirmed-dropping-before-xmas-report/

If it comes to the US at 500 then it would be worth it to wait and grab the games separate with the memory card compared to that walking dead bundle I just ordered.
No way is that bundle coming in at $500, even $550 would be low. Expect more like $570-580 at best, Sony isn't just giving them away!

Stopped in at Best Buy today to grab the Ratchet and Clank game.  They had 3 copies but none of them were out on the sales floor...took about 20 minutes of them searching around in back to find them (they brought the other 2 out for other customers to find I guess).  I'm not an Elite member and I don't have that "Gamers Unlocked" thingy so I paid 22 bucks for it (donated a dollar to charity).  Still, cheaper than buying it normally and it comes with a voucher for another game *shrugs*

In other news, I saw the Vita also on sale at Target for $169.99.  With the red card you pay $161.49.  Temporary Price cut, I'm sure it's been posted somewhere else but I'm not seeing it on their website.  I can provide an image in case someone hasn't talked about this yet (not the best quality, my phone was just about dead so I had to take a quick snap of it).  

Stopped in at Best Buy today to grab the Ratchet and Clank game. They had 3 copies but none of them were out on the sales floor...took about 20 minutes of them searching around in back to find them (they brought the other 2 out for other customers to find I guess). I'm not an Elite member and I don't have that "Gamers Unlocked" thingy so I paid 22 bucks for it (donated a dollar to charity). Still, cheaper than buying it normally and it comes with a voucher for another game *shrugs*

In other news, I saw the Vita also on sale at Target for $169.99. With the red card you pay $161.49. Temporary Price cut, I'm sure it's been posted somewhere else but I'm not seeing it on their website. I can provide an image in case someone hasn't talked about this yet (not the best quality, my phone was just about dead so I had to take a quick snap of it).
saw the same thing at target but those are wifi only without the 8 GB memory card, unless your target still has a 1st edition bundle.

heres my vita i got earlier at best buy.

SKU 2095647

comes with 8gb memory card.

CAF3BDEE-5028-44E8-91FD-8783BFF108CD_zpsik25ckf0.jpg

wording was weird on sticker. it read like... to get the memory card, you need to activate with att. plus the contents in the back also didn't show that a memory card was inside.

hopefully this will clear any confusion

saw the same thing at target but those are wifi only without the 8 GB memory card, unless your target still has a 1st edition bundle.
Yeah looking at this picture the informational price thingy (I don't know why I can't remember the name right now...hell, I used to work at a Sam's Club I should remember this crap) below fails to mention a memory card. Though from what I can see of the front of the box (they're laid on their back, bottoms facing the glass) it has that $40 of content thing that CAGkrazy showed in his post above. Little too "fuzzy" to make out if it says it includes a memory card or not there.

Tearaway is an awesome game - one of the best on any system that I have played all year. It is also one of the few games that uses the rear touchpad in a natural/fun way.

Seriously. I think BBY might have actually stumbled onto how to counter Amazon matching everything.
Oh sure, for only $120 I could save ~13% (factoring tax) on games Amazon would normally price match. Keep in mind the value goes down the more the price drops. Now, if they continue the pre-order deals on top of this I might reconsider in the future but for now Amazon sometimes has $5-10 credits on new games as well. AND I just remembered gold box quick picks are another 5% off, so realistically for me I would be saving 8% overall.

So yeah, sticking with Amazon for now lol.

Oh sure, for only $120 I could save ~13% (factoring tax) on games Amazon would normally price match. Keep in mind the value goes down the more the price drops. Now, if they continue the pre-order deals on top of this I might reconsider in the future but for now Amazon sometimes has $5-10 credits on new games as well. AND I just remembered gold box quick picks are another 5% off, so realistically for me I would be saving 8% overall.

So yeah, sticking with Amazon for now lol.
You are always so pessimistic about every good thing. Its $30 for nearly 99.9% of CAGs that have GCU. So for the most part I will buy nearly all my games at BBY from now on. Before it was 50/50 between BBY and Amazon.

You are always so pessimistic about every good thing. Its $30 for nearly 99.9% of CAGs that have GCU. So for the most part I will buy nearly all my games at BBY from now on. Before it was 50/50 between BBY and Amazon.
I never signed up for GCU, so I am the 1%. Just listing the facts and truth hurts.

Now if only you got 20% off price matches too they would get all the business. :whee:

Also, FLIM FLAMMIN ARGLE BARGLE LIONS. :bomb:

Do you guys know if $65 is a good price for a 32 gb vita memory card?  Just got one and haven't shopped around really to know what the deal price is.

Huh, reading up on this GCU...$120 for 2 years of discounts on new games and other benefits.  Heck I could have gotten Ratchet and Clank today for cheaper...;>_> ah well...I suppose it's worth the price in the end of if you buy new games consistently.  I'll consider it next time I have 120 bucks laying around.  

Do you guys know if $65 is a good price for a 32 gb vita memory card? Just got one and haven't shopped around really to know what the deal price is.
That's not a terrible price from its history, but its been down as low as ~50ish (I got one directly from Sony for the low $50s). 32gb is definitely the way to go, I already owned one 4, 8, and 16 when I bought it, and at that time I wished I had just sprung for the 32. I have like 70+ games on mine, but some are smaller PSP, mobile, or minis. And I'm running into the 100 app limit for the Vita, strangely. Still have space left on my 32gb, but my 10 screens are maxed out at 10 per screen, so I can't add any more games, annoyingly!

Keep in mind a 64gb memory card is out in Japan, and will most likely be coming to other regions soon; at that time the 32 should drop more in price. You might get by with a smaller card for a while, unless you buy or download a lot of PSN/+ stuff. I ended up using my 16gb card on my 2nd Vita and still have my 4 and 8 cards if I want to use them.

Huh, reading up on this GCU...$120 for 2 years of discounts on new games and other benefits. Heck I could have gotten Ratchet and Clank today for cheaper...;>_> ah well...I suppose it's worth the price in the end of if you buy new games consistently. I'll consider it next time I have 120 bucks laying around.
Existing or recently lapsed GCU members get to re-up in the club for just $30/2 years, which absolutely makes it worth it. I bought just three games today that were on sale at BB (Tearaway, KZ Mercs, and Ratchet Nexus) and saved $16, so it is worth it if you were already a GCU member (or recently expired, like I was).

That's not a terrible price from its history, but its been down as low as ~50ish (I got one directly from Sony for the low $50s). 32gb is definitely the way to go, I already owned one 4, 8, and 16 when I bought it, and at that time I wished I had just sprung for the 32. I have like 70+ games on mine, but some are smaller PSP, mobile, or minis. And I'm running into the 100 app limit for the Vita, strangely. Still have space left on my 32gb, but my 10 screens are maxed out at 10 per screen, so I can't add any more games, annoyingly!

Keep in mind a 64gb memory card is out in Japan, and will most likely be coming to other regions soon; at that time the 32 should drop more in price. You might get by with a smaller card for a while, unless you buy or download a lot of PSN/+ stuff. I ended up using my 16gb card on my 2nd Vita and still have my 4 and 8 cards if I want to use them.
Thank you kind sir, that is pretty much all the 411 a new Vita owner could want - it is appreciated :)

That's not a terrible price from its history, but its been down as low as ~50ish (I got one directly from Sony for the low $50s). 32gb is definitely the way to go...
$45 from Best Buy. Hopefully to be repeated or bettered for those picking up a Vita now.

Anyone who has both Vita and 3ds care to chime in?

I had a PSP and I put a lot of time on it before trading it in when I stopped getting games (After God of War there was nothing interesting)

I have a Wii U and think that while a 3ds has interesting games, variety would be better.
I use and love them both. If you can only get one, 3DS gets more of my time thanks to Nintendo franchises like Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, etc. Hardware-wise Vita wins by a long shot. Dat oled screen is ridiculous, and dual analog sticks is a very welcome addition to mobile gaming. Vita has a solid roundup of games, but again it's hard to compete with Nintendo titles. Vita also has a great downloadable library (portable Spelunky ftwin/ftdeath) and is excellently backed by quality PS+ titles (just finished Hotline Miami, so awesome on Vita).

I never signed up for GCU, so I am the 1%. Just listing the facts and truth hurts.
Well then I have no idea why you never signed up as more than $15 of games were free throughout each year making the membership pay for itself but I won't get into this in detail seeing as you don't see the value. Sucks that you have to pay $120 for 2 years because $120 for a membership is a bit extreme I will agree with you on that.

Stopped in at Best Buy today to grab the Ratchet and Clank game. They had 3 copies but none of them were out on the sales floor...took about 20 minutes of them searching around in back to find them (they brought the other 2 out for other customers to find I guess). I'm not an Elite member and I don't have that "Gamers Unlocked" thingy so I paid 22 bucks for it (donated a dollar to charity). Still, cheaper than buying it normally and it comes with a voucher for another game *shrugs*
So it looks like you got the edition of R&C Nexus with the voucher for Quest for Booty. Can anyone else confirm this edition is available at BB? The BB website shows only the game with no voucher.

Picked up Tearaway for $26 after taxes and free expedited shipping.  Great deal for the 2 years GCU for $30 and they keep renewing me as a Elite Plus member even when i never hit the mark! 

Stop trolling dude. NFS Rivals is a fun arcade-style racer, much better than Forza if you prefer arcade style racers to sims. Also the PS4 version has a metacritic average of 84, PC has 81. Troll fail!
The boy who cried wolf.

I've bought every need for speed and the ps3 version has issues, Lag is just one. People should be informed, if i were to have repeatedly said things to get a reaction then that'd be trolling.

Fail at life!

The boy who cried wolf.

I've bought every need for speed and the ps3 version has issues, Lag is just one. People should be informed, if i were to have repeatedly said things to get a reaction then that'd be trolling.

Fail at life!
Lag? Who cares about online, play the game offline scrub!

EDIT: And the PS4 version kicks a$$, why are you playing this on PS3? How about you scrape up some bucks and buy yourself a PS4, you can thank me later! Who wouldn't want to play this on EITHER next-gen system, wake up drone!

bread's done
Back