Amazon Prime Day - yay?

Anyone that purchased that Sandisk microSD card from Amazon earlier, specifically for their Nintendo Switch should consider cancelling it and getting the one on sale now during Prime for $3 more.

This specific one (was for $23):

SanDisk 128 GB micro SD Memory Card for Fire Tablets and Fire TV

Should get this one ($26):
Sandisk Ultra 128GB Micro SDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter - 100MB/s U1 A1 - SDSQUAR-128G-GN6MA

I did some research from the official Sandisk site and it looks like the one for Fire tablets won't be fast enough.
Transfer speed only 48 MB/S

While the Prime microSD is up to 100 MB/S

Nintendo Switch microSDs need 60 - 95 MB/sec from the FAQ
thanks....this is actually a bit of a deal

Do you think this will drop in the future? I still haven't played 0 or the remake of the first game yet.
I haven't played any of them yet either, despite own 0 and Kiwami, and I'll probably wait until/if the 3, 4 and 5 re-releases make it stateside before getting 6, so I guess it depends on how badly you want the artbook. Future prints, etc. may just be the game in a regular PS4 case.

I feel like Legendary Edition has been 20 bux like... 3 times in the past week, if you knew where to look

I'm not, there have been previous Prime Days that made it clear there's not much to get excited about
Maybe I missed it, but I have only seen the vanilla Injustice 2 for $20 recently.

Anyone that purchased that Sandisk microSD card from Amazon earlier, specifically for their Nintendo Switch should consider cancelling it and getting the one on sale now during Prime for $3 more.

This specific one (was for $23):

SanDisk 128 GB micro SD Memory Card for Fire Tablets and Fire TV

Should get this one ($26):
Sandisk Ultra 128GB Micro SDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter - 100MB/s U1 A1 - SDSQUAR-128G-GN6MA

I did some research from the official Sandisk site and it looks like the one for Fire tablets won't be fast enough.
Transfer speed only 48 MB/S

While the Prime microSD is up to 100 MB/S

Nintendo Switch microSDs need 60 - 95 MB/sec from the FAQ
Is it good enough for phones?

I feel like Legendary Edition has been 20 bux like... 3 times in the past week, if you knew where to look

I'm not, there have been previous Prime Days that made it clear there's not much to get excited about
The regular edition has been $20 for some time now, but the Legendary Edition hasn't dropped this low yet. It was only released in May I think.

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - PlayStation 4 Premium Edition is on sale for $40.  

I'm debating this one.  I won't have time to play it now so it'll be in the backlog.  I checked the TIV values from both GS/BB and it's ~$23.  So after tax it's about $20 for all the premium stuffs.  Damn.

If it was $30 I'd take it right now, it's just borderline.  Sure as hell beats BB GCU's $48, though.

The regular edition has been $20 for some time now, but the Legendary Edition hasn't dropped this low yet. It was only released in May I think.
Legendary was on Fanatical for 20 dollars a month ago, but maybe console versions haven't seen a drop yet. I would think they had, but I guess PSN/XBL sales have been pretty terrible lately

Last edited by a moderator:
Legendary was on Fanatical for 20 dollars last week, but maybe console versions haven't seen a drop yet. I would think they had, but I guess PSN/XBL sales have been pretty terrible lately
I'd only want a physical copy on PS4. Pretty sure this is the lowest it's been on consoles since it came out. I think it'll be $20-$25 come Black Friday though.

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - PlayStation 4 Premium Edition is on sale for $40.

I'm debating this one. I won't have time to play it now so it'll be in the backlog. I checked the TIV values from both GS/BB and it's ~$23. So after tax it's about $20 for all the premium stuffs. Damn.

If it was $30 I'd take it right now, it's just borderline. Sure as hell beats BB GCU's $48, though.
I have the same dilemma...hmm I have a pretty decent backlog across my consoles. I might pass on it at $40.

I'm debating this one. I won't have time to play it now so it'll be in the backlog. I checked the TIV values from both GS/BB and it's ~$23. So after tax it's about $20 for all the premium stuffs. Damn.

If it was $30 I'd take it right now, it's just borderline. Sure as hell beats BB GCU's $48, though.
The collectors edition of Ni No Kuni 2 is 100 just to put that on the board as well. I know the UK version has been that price, not sure about US.

Day One Edition is $30

Amazon's website worked for me for maybe three minutes. Saw nothing interesting in movies or electronics, at least for me. Doesn't work again.

Right at the start of Prime Day, they were listing an Amazon Warehouse copy of the Collector's Edition in Very Good Condition for 65 dollars plus tax. I put it in my cart and went to check out and it dropped down to 55. Now, I don't know if the DLC will work - have received Warehouse stuff before that had unused DLC - but for 55 I thought it was worth it even if it's just for the collectibles.

Standard edition for $20 maybe. But the Legendary edition for $20? No way. It hasn’t dropped that much yet. $30 is the lowest That version has been AFAIK.

Nothing will be quite like the glitch Amazon had at the start of Prime Day last year.  Still shocked I got the Crash Trilogy PS4 for around $6 within a week or two after it's release.

I did bite on Persona 5 PS4 for $30.  I missed the prior $30 sales, and was waiting out for it to hit that price again before picking it up.

The only prime day years that were worth were 2015 (first prime day) and last year but only because of the glitches.

this year the deals are bad and also the site is pretty f...ed up!

More book deals (edited):

There's a list of kindle best sellers where if you buy them, you get 75% of the purchase price back towards your next kindle book.

Also, on a page for another kindle book, it's showing a prime day promo where if you buy a kindle book, you get 30% of the purchase price as a credit towards your next ebook.  No idea if that one is all books or select (saw it on the page for Turtles All the Way Down by John Green).

Also, apparently, all 6 prime first reads for July are free right now for prime day.

Research the game. I typically love Level-5 stuff and this looks pretty amazing on the surface but reviews say the combat is way too easy, the characters don't really develop very much, and the overall game can be beat in about 40 hours. I was about to bite on the Premium Edition... but I'm going to pass. Maybe it'll be $20 on Black Friday for that Day 1 version... or cheaper. Even then... I'm not sure I want to actually play it after doing a little research.

Which micro SD card is there to get for the switch? The one that says specifically for switch, or will the "regular" 128GB work as well?
I saw that other one 'specifically for the switch'. It has that mario kart logo. But it's more expensive.

Just get the $26 one. Same transfer speeds. "Specifically for the switch" doesn't mean a damn thing in terms of microSD cards, except for that little mario logo. Which will cost you more.

Any deals on fight sticks?
giphy.gif

The

I saw that other one 'specifically for the switch'. It has that mario kart logo. But it's more expensive.

Just get the $26 one. Same transfer speeds. "Specifically for the switch" doesn't mean a damn thing in terms of microSD cards, except for that little mario logo. Which will cost you more.
What $26 one? It shows $33 now.

If you're a Prime member then you get the lower price. Add it to your cart and see what it shows on the order summary screen.
Uhhhhh no. I am a prime member. Amazon is sold out. It's currently being sold by "MemoryWiz" and fulfilled by amazon. For $33.

Right now I can't even checkout. I can add or remove to kart, but once I go to check out I get a "sorry" screen with a dog named Rufus.

I don't care about these "deals"

I'm just trying to sign into Amazon Restaurants to order food I'm starving

LET ME IN DAMN IT

bread's done
Back