Amazon Prime Day - yay?

Australian Amazon Prime Day is over, so far we had better deals like (prices already converted to US dollars):
- Xbox One S 1tb minecraft limited edition $149.99
- Nintendo Switch blue red joycon $237
- Playstation 4 Pro black with fortnite $285
- God of War Ps4 $29.99
- FIFA 18 XOne/Ps4 $7.5
- Just Dance 2018 $15
- Grand theft auto V $19
- Assassins Creed Origins $15
- Farcry 5 $27
- NBA 2K18 $15
- Fallout 4 $7.5
- Playstation 4 black/blue/red controllers $29.99
- Cod WWII $15
- South Park the stick of truth Ps4/Xone $11
- LA Noire Ps4/Xone $19

Considering it was first prime day and that we don't pay taxes, it was good.

But looking at US prime day, the deals are Meh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Australian Amazon Prime Day is over, so far we had better deals like (prices already converted to US dollars):
- God of War Ps4 $29.99
- FIFA 18 XOne/Ps4 $7.5
- Just Dance 2018 $15
- Grand theft auto V $19
- Farcry 5 $27
- NBA 2K18 $15
- Fallout 4 $7.5
- Cod WWII $15
- LA Noire Ps4/Xone $19

Considering it was first prime day it was good.

Even Amazon UK has PS+ 50% off, US seriously shafted.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

xbox one S 1tb console starter bundle + rare replay for $229.99.. is that a good deal? I haven't been keeping up with xbox one prices.
The XBO S 1TB console bundles was on sale for $230 during E3 and I think once before that this year, so that sale price isn't really anything special. Rare Replay is a great compilation, but you can easily get it used from Gamestop for about $10.

If you don't mind passing up on RR and the free month of online XBox services, you can get a 1TB XBO S console from rushhourwholesaler off eBay for $185 after that $25 off coupon.

- God of War Ps4 $29.99

I was looking for GoW, but of course no sale state-side.

I was eyeing an Amazon Basics item that didn't even go on sale.  I mean, they put all their private label crap on sale but the one thing I wanted (which was on sale in Canada).

Another boring Prime Day. Only picked up a Sandisk 128GB micro sd U1 for $26 for my Target Day Nintendo Switch.

50% off PS+ would have been sweet.
LOL @Target Day. AKA Target Chapter 11 Day. Watched shit go down but didn't have the heart to exploit the glitch(es).

My whole savings for Prime Day this year amounts to: a $5 promo credit for a $25 gift card, $6 off of a copy of Exploding Kittens for my niece, and, aptly enough, $5 off a spray bottle of Poo-Pourri. And i don't think it's a coincidence they put that stuff on sale, because they knew how bad their event was gonna stink.

Anyone happen to own that Essential PH-1 phone?  

I'm thinking about getting it for use with Sprint.  It's a bit much for me at $250.  Would have gotten it at $150 no doubt

Anyone happen to own that Essential PH-1 phone?

I'm thinking about getting it for use with Sprint. It's a bit much for me at $250. Would have gotten it at $150 no doubt
"Insider info" - The phone isn't bad. It's just really not supported. Super sleek design, feels good in the hand, but has weird issues with it. Not bad for $250, but Sprint has sold it for cheaper in the past already.

"Insider info" - The phone isn't bad. It's just really not supported. Super sleek design, feels good in the hand, but has weird issues with it. Not bad for $250, but Sprint has sold it for cheaper in the past already.
Yeah I've researched it and know pretty much all the issues. I'll give this one a pass then, and keep a lookout for a future deal through Sprint.

The warning almost makes it sound like it's already been applied to your account. You haven't used it on a previous order, have you? It's one-time use only.
No, I haven't even ordered any books in 2018.

Did you try to add more to your order to see if the code would be applied if the cost after your other discounts was $20+?
Yeah, I tried that by adding the 50th Anniversary Edition of The Lord of the Rings. Still doesn't work.

Huh.  No idea.  Did the other discounts apply automatically or can you remove them?  I wonder if there's some glitch/issue where one of the discounts you have there is conflicting with the book deal code and making the cart think it's already applied.  If you can remove them, it might be worth seeing if the book deal applies if the other discounts aren't in the cart (but I know that kind of defeats the whole purpose of the cheap order).

Huh. No idea. Did the other discounts apply automatically or can you remove them? I wonder if there's some glitch/issue where one of the discounts you have there is conflicting with the book deal code and making the cart think it's already applied. If you can remove them, it might be worth seeing if the book deal applies if the other discounts aren't in the cart (but I know that kind of defeats the whole purpose of the cheap order).
I tried that too, but when I remove the other discounts and then try to add the promo it says that it can't be added to the purchase. It does this on all kinds of books that should be eligible. Really weird. I don't think I'm going to be able to get it to work. Thanks for your input, though.

yes this year suck. i only bought 1 prime day deal and that was atomic blond. 4k but it did not give me the deal. instead it charge  normal price on check out button. but showed other wise. so i have to call them tommorw.

i cant believe how bad this year was.

Picked up some fire 8 hd 3 pack devices, the extras will be easily flipped if my relatives decide they don't want it!

I got $30 off some groceries, 2 free $10 credits, and 2 $5 off book promos. So $60 total. Plus 10% cash back on a bunch of stuff from Whole Foods. I'm happy  :whistle2:

I ended up getting a few things this year. I was looking for deep discounts on a bunch of stuff I added to "my lists", but not on the thing went on sale. I did get a real good deal on a big bag of dog food and actually a great price on an air compressor/brad nailer combo. My wife got a couple dresses. My big score was the Xbone X on eBay, $399.99 no tax no shipping. Was anyone able to use their $5 promo for trying the camera search. I couldn't use it on anything I bought. I guess non of purchases were qualifying.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I got $30 off some groceries, 2 free $10 credits, and 2 $5 off book promos. So $60 total. Plus 10% cash back on a bunch of stuff from Whole Foods. I'm happy :whistle2:
Just curious, I was aware of the $10 credit from $10+ whole foods purchase and the $5 from buying $25+ amazon credit, but what was the 2nd $10 credit (assuming the first was the one I mentioned)?

- God of War Ps4 $29.99
- FIFA 18 XOne/Ps4 $7.5
- Just Dance 2018 $15
- Grand theft auto V $19
- Farcry 5 $27
- NBA 2K18 $15
- Fallout 4 $7.5
- Cod WWII $15
- LA Noire Ps4/Xone $19

Considering new games are $80 over there, yeah I'd say those are some stellar deals.

Just curious, I was aware of the $10 credit from $10+ whole foods purchase and the $5 from buying $25+ amazon credit, but what was the 2nd $10 credit (assuming the first was the one I mentioned)?
Deals stacked with Amazon Household members (adding a second account to share prime benefits - some things stack, others don't). So it's the same $10 credit, one on each account.

The $5 I was referring to was the $5 off book promo. Placed 2 separate $20 book orders, 1 with each account, each order cost about $5 with book + wf promo. Not only that, they offered me $5 off a PrimeNow purchase for slower shipping. So really with CAG math I can pretend all the books were free.

I impulse bought a cheap chromebook and a box of poptarts. It seemed like a weak sale to me, usually I buy a ton of random junk. This year i kept going through the lists and nothing seemed to be cycling in/out like previous years instead it was the same stuff all day long.

Considering new games are $80 over there, yeah I'd say those are some stellar deals.
But Aus $80 are equivalent to Us $60 right now.

Only EB games (Gamestop) stills has games at Aus $99

But yeah it's a good thing not to pay for taxes, the prices were very good for the 3 consoles and you received a $10 credit for streaming a video for the first time on prime video.

I ended up getting a few things this year. I was looking for deep discounts on a bunch of stuff I added to "my lists", but not on the thing went on sale. I did get a real good deal on a big bag of dog food and actually a great price on an air compressor/brad nailer combo. My wife got a couple dresses. My big score was the Xbone X on eBay, $399.99 no tax no shipping. Was anyone able to use their $5 promo for trying the camera search. I couldn't use it on anything I bought. I guess non of purchases were qualifying.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for pointing out the $399 Xbox's the other day. I ended up using the $25 off $119 also, so $374.99 was enough to get me to finally bite. Now, to sell my practically new 1 TB One S...

Oh yeah, ended up using PayPal credit also, so thanks for mentioning that as well.

But Aus $80 are equivalent to Us $60 right now.

Only EB games (Gamestop) stills has games at Aus $99

But yeah it's a good thing not to pay for taxes, the prices were very good for the 3 consoles and you received a $10 credit for streaming a video for the first time on prime video.
Ah things have changed in the last couple of years then. Had a friend down there in FFXIV that I'd talk to but haven't in a while since I quit.

bread's done
Back