Amazon Prime Day - yay?

I just checked out a book on the desktop site using the $5 off promo and everything went smoothly, but I'm still intermittently getting error pages when searching for stuff, and a large chunk of the site still seems to be broken.

Not sure what the issue is, but I just re-added it to my cart right this second and got the 26.xx price.
I see it's back to $26.xx. It must be going in and out of stock at that price for some reason. I added it to cart.

Doesn't matter though. Can't buy with 1 click and all attempts to check out just cause amazon to crash.

omNFvBu.png

Nay. I think it's pretty silly people pay a sub for these awful 'deals'.
I pay a sub for free 2-day shipping, Amazon video (which has a lot of Rifftrax), and a few other perks. I mean, it actually costs less than Netflix (which I also pay for). The awful deals are just a bonus. Lol. I did get $5 off a book and a 99 cent 3 month Kindle Unlimited sub, though, so I can't complain too much, I guess.

Prime card is offering +10% cashback at whole foods purchases up to $400. 

This actually works on Gift Cards cause Chase only sees the final total.  So you can get a 400 BB or Amazon GCard for 360 after the statement credit.  Can personally vouch for this working.

Also they have a free prime day $10 promo via scanning in the mobile app you should use while checking out.

annoyed at nnk2 collector's going under half off but then the only thing i really wanted from there wasnt even in the us version so *shrug*

Use the Amazon phone app if you've got it.

Amazon appears to be prioritizing traffic for their app over those shopping on a web browser. Bastards.

Sure would be nice if Amazon could get their website working 2+ hours after deals went live.

I just want to use the search function...I don't think that's so difficult an ask.

Sure would be nice if Amazon could get their website working 2+ hours after deals went live.

I just want to use the search function...I don't think that's so difficult an ask.
This isn't their first rodeo. What is this, the third time they've done this Prime day sale? They should know by now they need to allocate more resources to accommodate higher traffic.

It’s basically a DDOS attack on amazon. They should have more / bigger servers to handle the traffic.

It’s basically a DDOS attack on amazon. They should have more / bigger servers to handle the traffic.
Doesn't seem like a traffic issue to me. It's not just error pages. The site is actually broken, and links were actually going to the wrong pages or in loops. To the extent that they seem to have removed the links that weren't working and are now listing individual deals on the main page. Seems like something went seriously wrong with their site programming.

OMG, "Don't make eye contact", that was awesome. So worth coming here, as no deals I've seen, but the laughs are unlimited. LOL

Yakuza 6 Art Edition for $34.99

It’s on sale, but I’m pretty meh about it. Still working on 5 right now and I think there will be some Black Friday deals with this game in a few months.

I bought the Harry Potter collection 4k UHD blu ray and digital pack. Gonna sell the disks...

That's it.
Yeah, I was literally just going to post how happy I am to get the 8-film Harry Potter 4K Atmos Collection at $80.

Target didn't have the collection online last night so I couldn't use my coupon codes; blessing in disguise, I guess.

Thanks, Mr. Bezos .... :)

I mean, I've managed to get a lightning deal and the $5 credit with $25 gift card deals so far.  I will certainly buy another book or two to make use of the $5 off, and I'm eyeing an electric toothbrush and a mattress protector that aren't prime day specials because I'm an exciting adult.

Is $25.71 a decent price for Bloodborne: Game of the Year Edition (UK Import)? I don't have much interest in online play in case it doesn't work well for me in the USA. I understand that a Greatest Hits version was released recently for $20, but I think that doesn't include the DLC.

I had a decent day. I liked the $10 promo for reloading a gift card to $100 then I got 2% on top of that. Then the $5 bonus for buying a $25 gift card was solid. I also recently moved so I get a move discount on most orders. I prefer ordered the new fallout for just over $40. Got a Amazon basics Xbox one controller for $20. Also, grabbed a foldable desk for my guest room at $45ish. Now I'm waiting until 930pm to see digital movie sales update. I'm pleased.

Yeah, I was literally just going to post how happy I am to get the 8-film Harry Potter 4K Atmos Collection at $80.

Target didn't have the collection online last night so I couldn't use my coupon codes; blessing in disguise, I guess.

Thanks, Mr. Bezos .... :)
One of the few things I'm tempted by, but I'll deal with just 1080p. There are some bedsheets tonight that I might get a few of.

Is $25.71 a decent price for Bloodborne: Game of the Year Edition (UK Import)? I don't have much interest in online play in case it doesn't work well for me in the USA. I understand that a Greatest Hits version was released recently for $20, but I think that doesn't include the DLC.
I haven't seen it cheaper, but it's also very available at that price. You can probably wait for a 15/20% off promo on Ebay and get it from rarewaves instead. If you're talking about the worth of the DLC, yes it's worth paying over just the vanilla game (I was willing to rebuy the GOTY edition for $45 to get the DLC on disc, and I hardly ever pay that much for a game).

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol.  News outlets are reporting that Amazon told them that despite the glitches, they had more sales in the first hour this year than they did last year.  How is that even possible when the site was barely even accessible?

The best thing to come from this was that competitors like Newegg and Monoprice answered with better sales xD

There was a nice Ryzen 2700x + x470 mobo como for instance =D

This sale is like someone farting in the cheese aisle and someone else smelling it and assuming the cheese is exquisite and loading up their cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh LEGO Incredibles digital for Xbox for $30. Not bad really I haven’t seen for less either physical or digital. If my memory is serving me correct.

bread's done
Back