Amazon Prime Day - yay?

I'm debating whether to buy this messenger bag thingie at $20.33 (there's a 49% off lightning deal going on).
https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Everywhere-Messenger-Bag-Ninendo-nintendo/dp/B01N22YAIP?th=1

Should I get it or hold out for a better case that may or may not go on sale? I feel more positively about the bulky cases with the clearly defined slots for everything, plus room for an additional pro-controller, grip straps, etc.
That’s actually a pretty nice bag and price. Thinking about getting that now myself. Thanks!

Edit: Might want to grab it if you’re on the fence. Wario64 just posted about the Zelda one on Twitter, so these might go fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed Shadow of War Gold for $30 because I collect steelbooks. Traded the base game in a few days ago to Gamestop and got almost $12. It was brand new but only paid $9.99 for it during a play day sale.

I'm considering getting a second Xbox One now that my kids play it all the time. $229 seems like a good price for a 1TB with the 3 months of Live and Gamepass and Rare Replay.

You guys, the Poo-pourri people have sent me an e-mail saying that "The FUTURE of pooping is coming!" and that "something HUGE is about to drop". Now I'm seeing that there's an upcoming deal related to Poo-pourri in 6.5 hours!!! Holy shit, I hope my butt is ready for the revolution!

So my question is... Is there a link I can follow to see upcoming deals related to videos games / Nintendo Switch accessories, instead of a bunch of random crap? The homepage has a little box with a few upcoming deals, but it's not much.

You guys, the Poo-pourri people have sent me an e-mail saying that "The FUTURE of pooping is coming!" and that "something HUGE is about to drop". Now I'm seeing that there's an upcoming deal related to Poo-pourri in 6.5 hours!!! Holy shit, I hope my butt is ready for the revolution!

So my question is... Is there a link I can follow to see upcoming deals related to videos games / Nintendo Switch accessories, instead of a bunch of random crap? The homepage has a little box with a few upcoming deals, but it's not much.
try this: https://t.co/5mVEBqm2qm

that's probably the box you were talking about. Best way I have found to find the prime day gaming deals is follow people on twitter.

I'm debating whether to buy this messenger bag thingie at $20.33 (there's a 49% off lightning deal going on).
https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Everywhere-Messenger-Bag-Ninendo-nintendo/dp/B01N22YAIP?th=1

Should I get it or hold out for a better case that may or may not go on sale? I feel more positively about the bulky cases with the clearly defined slots for everything, plus room for an additional pro-controller, grip straps, etc.
I would have bought it if it could fit the Zelda BotW carrying case that came with the CE. I know this bag has its own case like that, but I want to keep using my Zelda-themed...

I skimmed through this thread but didn't see it mentioned, but I assume there is another $5 off books code for Prime Day like there has been the last few years?

Got the Harry Potter movies on Blu-Ray for $29, I've wanted those for a while and it's been forever since I've seen them under $50, so I pulled the trigger.

I pay a sub for free 2-day shipping, Amazon video (which has a lot of Rifftrax), and a few other perks. I mean, it actually costs less than Netflix (which I also pay for). The awful deals are just a bonus. Lol. I did get $5 off a book and a 99 cent 3 month Kindle Unlimited sub, though, so I can't complain too much, I guess.
Netflix is becoming a network giant IMO. Night and day from Amazon's paltry offering. When I do get select deals on sale from Amazon, S&S always ships free and from my experience is still 1-2 day shipping. Yes, my prime free account has had overnight shipping before which I find hilarious.

Riftrax however, touche there. ;)

giphy.gif
When did Kevin Spacey go bald?

nothing on my wishlist was on sale except for one thing which was the same price it was 2 weeks ago, i also bought a cheese grater because it said it was 70% off for just 25$, so why not right? i mean its prime day lol!

im just grateful for prime videos like Minecraft Highschool and services like free 2 day shipping which takes 3-4 days because usps is fraudulent. god bless you mr bezos, cant wait until i rely solely on you to sell me fresh produce.

I got a bunch of mini bags of chips for work snacks. I've been using the damn machine there far too often and paying $1 for a bag of sunchips I just got for $.23...

My mom needed a new tablet so I got her the HD 8. She somehow enjoys the God awful amazon android skin and learned to use it better than her phone. Hopefully it's a nice improvement. She's used that 1st generation 7" tablet for years every day.

Annnnnd I had a kind soul with an Amex card help me get a kindle for $10, so I'm all kindsa sunshine over here :)

Waiting for a deal on a turntable but I'm actually hopeful they don't do it. I'm broke.

Looking for a decent price for Xbone x and a second controller. Anyone seen any thing good? Or if you see it hit us with a shout out thx

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I got work in the morning so I guess I'll wake up to find out you all got Octopath Travel for $4.99, 60 inch 4k TVs for $200 and some super amazing recently released smartphone for $10. Can't wait.

Looking for a decent price for Xbone x and a second controller. Anyone seen any thing good? Or if you see it hit us with a shout out thx

I think the only Xbox hardware deal today was a One S for $229. It's always possible they'll add something tomorrow, though.

Yeah, I saw the Xbox one s, fingers, eyes whatever crossed for an X. Hopefully some good tool sales too. Need a new compound miter saw and a 25 gal air compressor and nail gun... Too many repair projects probably won't even have time to play Xbox lol

i bought the zelda one https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Everywhere-Messenger-Bag-Breath-Nintendo/dp/B07B3YJG8H/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1531797553&sr=1-1&keywords=powera%2Bzelda%2Bbag&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

Dude F Amazon... EBay (antonline) has Xbox one x for 399.99 and controllers for 39.99 free shipping too. Guess who is getting my money. And my PayPal credit has 6 months no interest. Lol

I looked at it, but decided against it once I saw the giant Switch logo on the front. I'd rather not advertise that I'm taking my Switch to work. ;)

So Prime day this year has been about the worst so far uh? I just officially got Prime last year, and I think I did one month the year before for Prime day, and those last 2 years where pretty useless.

I honestly have Prime for the video, which my son uses about 50% of his time, and for quick delivery on supplies for me. I guess at one point, Prime day may have been a benefit, but like with most things Amazon over the years, quality seems way down in general. If anything, Prime day should be the one day each year they do their best to make deals look inviting to the masses, so the sign up, or keep Prime if they sign up for 1 month.

I guess now, it's a part of the institution, but nothing they really seem like they really want to offer anymore, which seems to defeat the purpose.

Final Fantasy Dissidia NT (PS4) is $20 (lightning deal).

Newegg’s had it cheaper, but the lightning deal includes the Steelbook Brawler Edition.

So Prime day this year has been about the worst so far uh? I just officially got Prime last year, and I think I did one month the year before for Prime day, and those last 2 years where pretty useless.

I honestly have Prime for the video, which my son uses about 50% of his time, and for quick delivery on supplies for me. I guess at one point, Prime day may have been a benefit, but like with most things Amazon over the years, quality seems way down in general. If anything, Prime day should be the one day each year they do their best to make deals look inviting to the masses, so the sign up, or keep Prime if they sign up for 1 month.

I guess now, it's a part of the institution, but nothing they really seem like they really want to offer anymore, which seems to defeat the purpose.
I only have prime for the two day shipping, i ise no other amazon “service” and when my prime expires in may.. its not getting renewed.
This prime day has been a joke, only purchased the life straw for $10. Nothing of interest yet, nothing ive seen in upcoming that i want to watch even.

I only have prime for the two day shipping, i ise no other amazon “service” and when my prime expires in may.. its not getting renewed.
This prime day has been a joke, only purchased the life straw for $10. Nothing of interest yet, nothing ive seen in upcoming that i want to watch even.
Prime Day is a joke every year they have done it, glitches aside. I don't think I have ever ordered more than a couple of items during Prime Day. I do use the 2-day shipping often enough to make Prime worth it. If they drop the 20% off pre-orders I may rethink the value now that it's $20 more a year. My GCU is up in November and Prime I have until February.

Bought a copy of the D&D DM's Guide for $25 after tax between the price discount, some "click to use" $1.85 coupon and the $5 book code.  So I guess I saved 50% off MSRP.

Yay.

Prime Day is a joke every year they have done it, glitches aside. I don't think I have ever ordered more than a couple of items during Prime Day. I do use the 2-day shipping often enough to make Prime worth it. If they drop the 20% off pre-orders I may rethink the value now that it's $20 more a year. My GCU is up in November and Prime I have until February.
Yeah can’t remember the last time anyone went bananas over Prime Day (excluding the glitches) so I can’t really say I’m surprised with the lack of deals. Seems like Amazon has been getting worse these past couple of years hell even the Warehouse Deals are a joke anymore. I like many others will definitely have to reconsider if I renew prime or not (especially since I have GCU until 2020)

There are “good deals” out there in the sale.. just not exactly in gaming.
Some outdoors stuff on sale that are cheaper than ive seen.
My parents bought another ring spotlight cam, $140 which is a Hell of a lot cheaper than any sale ive seen before.

Deals to be had, but not much as the first prime day.

Anyone know if this would be a good memory card for the Switch?

Anyway, I finally bought a game on Prime Day. I saw Gundam Versus (PS4) was only $14.99 and after a $5 gift card I had it came to just over $10 after tax. Not bad for something I was considering picking up at $20.

Anyone know if this would be a good memory card for the Switch?

Anyway, I finally bought a game on Prime Day. I saw Gundam Versus (PS4) was only $14.99 and after a $5 gift card I had it came to just over $10 after tax. Not bad for something I was considering picking up at $20.
Yes it’s a good card for NSW

Well hell, EBay has a $25 coupon now. I could have saved a little more if I waited.

So the life is strange regular edition sale was seemingly only for PS4, I got an error when ordering the Xbox version but it apparently went through and is shipping, strangest amazon experience in a while.

Has anyone ever bought a processor from Antonline with eBay and ended up not having the serial numbers match with the box? Mine didn't match when I had to contact Intel for repairs

I think the thing is that it caters to the Black Friday shoppers that sit there watching the deals and are like, "Oh! This thing I never even wanted is 1% off! I have to buy it before the deal's sold out!" And people do do that. And then Amazon considers it a success. Most of the deals don't really seem to be aimed at those of us that look for deals everyday and tend to not buy things at MSRP (other than maybe the deals on Amazon devices that are really just them extending their proprietary reach).

There are some deals out there, but I think it's more niche. It isn't as much deals on things like TVs at their lowest price ever that lots of people would be interest in, though that doesn't happen on occasion; rather, you can get a good deal on a kitchen appliance, a new tent, etc.

I got $40 off a fancy rice cooker, the lowest price it's ever been according to camelx3. Last year I got a TV that didn't return to that price until Black Friday (where it was the same price as the Prime deal). The year prior, I got a PS4 bundle at a good price.

It's definitely overrated, but there's some stuff to be had.

^ this exactly.

The 10-20% “deals” are really not deals. Which id say most if the prime day stuff are, but there are huge discounts out there with great deals on other stuff. Just depends on what you are looking for, some good outdoor gear deals and tools etc.

bread's done
Back