Amazon Prime Members get 20% off Games from Pre-orders and New Releases

Jeff Jr.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Didn't see this posted.

Prime Members get 20% off New Releases and Pre-Orders till 2 weeks after releases Date. 

http://www.amazon.com/b/?&node=13584215011

Prime Exclusive Savings 20% off new physical video games during pre-order through two weeks after release Discount will be applied automatically at checkout Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon Offer will be automatically extended to all existing Prime member pre-orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have a Trackmania Turbo PS4 pre-order @ $29.99 and a KH3 PS4 pre-order @ $40.99 that I'm betting if I asked for Amazon to fix it, they'd tell me to fuck myself since they're already cheaper than the 20% discount off their MSRP prices.

I believe this is the case. The 20% discount applies to MSRP, not the price the item is actually listed for, and it doesn't stack with other discounts.

I believe this is the case. The 20% discount applies to MSRP, not the price the item is actually listed for, and it doesn't stack with other discounts.
My chat session said that I should wait 1-2 days and they should all be fixed by then I'll wait it out until the weekend and if they're not adjusted by then, back to chat I go.

I asked for the TM Turbo and KH3 pre-orders to be adjusted, though we'll see if they auto-adjust (they shouldn't) or not. My other four certainly should.

I asked for the TM Turbo and KH3 pre-orders to be adjusted, though we'll see if they auto-adjust (they shouldn't) or not.
I've got that same $41 Kingdom Hearts preorder, and the $43 Uncharted 4 preorder, but I'm leaving them alone. Frankly I'm more afraid that the CSR would mess up somehow and screw me out of the lower prices.

I've got that same $41 Kingdom Hearts preorder, and the $43 Uncharted 4 preorder, but I'm leaving them alone. Frankly I'm more afraid that the CSR would mess up somehow and screw me out of the lower prices.
If they screw up my two "odd" preorders, it won't be an issue since the only reason I have them was the price mistakes. If they auto-adjust them, I'll be shocked, though if I try to get them manually adjusted and nothing happens since they're below where they should be, no issues for me.

I chatted with Amazon yesterday to get my Uncharted 4 Libertalia pre-order adjusted.  The CS rep applied the discount immediately, no questions asked.

I chatted with Amazon yesterday to get my Uncharted 4 Libertalia pre-order adjusted. The CS rep applied the discount immediately, no questions asked.
You won the Amazon CS rep lottery my friend.

And of course my older orders have still not been adjusted - as I expected. The "5 business days" thing was always BS. I will give it till next week then try chat again. Maybe more of them will have heard of it and know what to do by then.

chatted with amazon rep just now got denied on prime savings. Gave me their generic response
If the price changes before the item ships, you'll see the updated price in Your Account within 24 - 48 hours of the price change. If the price changes after your shipment is already being prepared, you'll receive a refund within 24 - 48 hours of the release date.

I found this on their page about how the Prime 20% off works.  http://z-ecx.images-...estions-v2.html

5.The game is already discounted, do I still get 20% off at checkout?
Yes, Prime members get at least 20% off list price on new physical video games during pre-order and two weeks after launch.  If the game is discounted less than 20%, Prime members get the full 20% off at checkout.  If the game is already discounted more than 20%, Prime customers get the lower price.

So there won't be any additional discounts on any price glitched orders where it's already more than 20% off unless the MSRP drops.  Booooooo!

You won the Amazon CS rep lottery my friend.

And of course my older orders have still not been adjusted - as I expected. The "5 business days" thing was always BS. I will give it till next week then try chat again. Maybe more of them will have heard of it and know what to do by then.
Honestly, I think the longer you wait to chat with someone the worse your chances they'll honor them go. I chatted with someone last week and I had a nice rep manually adjust all my pre-orders: Uncharted CE, Zero Escape + Watch, Fire Emblem Fates, Megaman Legacy, and the cheap KH III pre-order.

If you wait longer you may get a "Well if it didn't adjust by now, then they're not eligable" Dunno, just try again and hope to get a nicer rep.

If you wait longer you may get a "Well if it didn't adjust by now, then they're not eligable" Dunno, just try again and hope to get a nicer rep.
That doesn't seem right to me, since the eligibility is listed on each item's product page.

I haven't attempted to chat with anyone yet because I'm giving them some extra time, and I don't actually mind waiting until my Zero Escape Watch Edition ships since they won't charge me until then anyhow, but I did pay for my Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition with a gift card and it'd be nice to get that credit back.

That doesn't seem right to me, since the eligibility is listed on each item's product page.

I haven't attempted to chat with anyone yet because I'm giving them some extra time, and I don't actually mind waiting until my Zero Escape Watch Edition ships since they won't charge me until then anyhow, but I did pay for my Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition with a gift card and it'd be nice to get that credit back.
All I'm saying is plenty of us have had success getting it adjusted recently, rather than chancing it to when it releases and having any potential issues then. Hope things still work out for you though.

both of my ZE watch pre-orders were automatically adjusted.
Mine too... but the rest of my preorders are at full price still. I mean, look at this one.

[attachment=19735:Capture.JPG]

My ZE and MN9 preorders finally updated as well. I'm guessing they're going game by game to make the updates because other games I've had preordered were updated last week.

My Fire Emblem Fates SE and Zero Escape orders are all adjusted now. Took them longer than 5 business days but they at least got it done. 

All my orders were finally updated this morning.

You guys just need to be patient, they have a ridiculous amount of orders to go through geeze.

I now owe -$16 for Fire Emblem Fates SE. I guess that means I might not get my gift card credit back until it ships. Oh well.
that's happened to me before, the chat rep doesn't see it the same as you do. I copied and pasted and they were as confused as I was. It should fix itself when it ships though.

edit - just saw the advice to hit "apply gift cards" to fix it, good to know!

Yay, mine went through.

As for patience, my Prime runs out in a couple of days.

A guy in another thread I frequent had them adjust it with expired prime due to it being ordered when he did have prime, no issues.

Granted it was only one game.

/me Shakes head

Sigh Amazon, how you have made me sad today. Final Fantasy Explorers was supposed to come in today. Release day. With the 20% off, I ordered 2 copies since I am off tomorrow. (Thus not needing my gamestop preorder) 

Today I look in, you have a notice I need to review about a delay in my order, no ETA on when its filled. 

I call up, talk to CS, at 1st he had no info on this either, however he did strongly try to research it for me. Then when he came back it turns out Amazon oversold on preorders for the game. So now its a waiting game on next batch, and thus no date of delivery. 

Cancelled my order. Luckily I have a copy at gamestop still reserved.. and I can buy it on Eshop. Although thats at 40$ per game. 

The Amazon rep did give me a 10$ promo credit to use for a future purchase to make up the discount some I wouldve had. So least thats going an extra mile. 

Still tho. Sadness. Least Ill have my game tho by the end of today!

I preordered the Lego Dimensions Ghostbusters level pack, which was released a week ago, and it just shipped today. Not sure I've preordered from Amazon before, but it's not nudging me toward doing it more.

Can't beat the price I got for it, though.

so my prime trial is set to run out in the next few days, and I do not plan on renewing. 

Can Amazon adjust my orders and remove the discounts?  I updated the orders just so emails were generated showing the total price.  The emails just indicate a "Promotion Applied" whereas on the site it is "Prime Savings".

so my prime trial is set to run out in the next few days, and I do not plan on renewing.

Can Amazon adjust my orders and remove the discounts? I updated the orders just so emails were generated showing the total price. The emails just indicate a "Promotion Applied" whereas on the site it is "Prime Savings".
When they first were applying discounts I had an old pre-order when I was Amazon Prime and it got discounts. I'm assuming if it has discounts now in your history it will keep them. I am not an Amazon Prime user anymore....though I do miss the fast shipping and would love these new discounts.

Also I wasn't an Amazon Prime user as well when the first discounts were being applied.

Preordered SF V CE in December to get it at the prime price and selected twoday shipping to have it on release date as the site says. Of course, the site says I won't receive it until Thursday. I call in to verify so I can cancel if that's the case, and the rep tells me that no preorder can be delivered on release date because it doesn't ship until the item is released......

Cot dammed Amazon

I always get this confused also, but I think when they say two-day, that's how long it takes to ship it, but for release games, they either ship it the night before or the day it's released. Otherwise, it'd be one-day or same-day shipping, which amazon has also. 

If you want it at release day though, I think Dell offers it for free.

"Different Strokes for Different Folks"

Let it be, whoever wants to buy on Amazon or BB then it doesn't matter.

At least we can see that competition is rising and it's a good thing.

On another note, Amazon does offer a point system, don't know what are you talking about.

On another note, Amazon does offer a point system, don't know what are you talking about.
Absolutely. I personally shop at every retailer. I've also had a gripe at some point with each of those retailers as well. Business as usual, life as it is. I'm only disappointed at Amz's handling of my December pre-order saying that it's impossible to receive on release day when the site explicitly states that it can be if you choose two day shipping :bomb:

More about this point system please...

Points I don't want. xD

Man although I was disappointed, and left feedback for what happened, they gave me a $10 credit that I don't need nor did I ask for. Cool sentiment, but nothing that I want nor is worth a notation on my account for mane.

Somethings something, at least you guys have the 2-day shipping stuff

where i live i have to wait at least 5 days for the package to get here. Imagine the struggle.

Man although I was disappointed, and left feedback for what happened, they gave me a $10 credit that I don't need nor did I ask for. Cool sentiment, but nothing that I want nor is worth a notation on my account for mane.

Somethings something, at least you guys have the 2-day shipping stuff

where i live i have to wait at least 5 days for the package to get here. Imagine the struggle.
That's just awful. Being where I am I have no trouble at all being that most major shipping brands and warehouses were born and raised here

bread's done
Back