Amazon Vote...Both PS3's and Wiiii

Interesting. Got me a PS3 60GB last week. Ordered a Wii bundle from TRU.com earlier this week. I'm taking a crack at the Wii so if I win I can return the bundle.

LOL, a chance to buy a PS3 or Wii at retail cost. I thought I seen it all...

If you want a PS3 bad enough, its probably smartest to vote for the 20GB because I figure 40% will vote for the 60GB and 40% will vote Wii.

[quote name='Kendro']LOL, a chance to buy a PS3 or Wii at retail cost. I thought I seen it all...[/quote]

Seriously... but wait until the ebayers get wind of this and there will be auctions for a chance to buy... :)

[quote name='hoofrog']Seriously... but wait until the ebayers get wind of this and there will be auctions for a chance to buy... :)[/QUOTE]

Ha.
And what will be worse is there will actually be more then one bids on these too!

Since they know they're going to sell out this is a good way to do it in my mind.

And especially with no tax or shipping, it saves money over just about anywhere else.

Actually I think this is way better than having everyone try to blitz the site and take it down at a certain time when the things go on sale. Other stores, particularly a few B&M, have done a lottery style approach to determine who will be able to buy a system to prevent long lines from disrupting their business.

I don't see this being too valuable to the ebay crowd since you have to have an amazon account (created prior to December 11th) with a credit card on file to even register. If amazon makes you pay with that specific credit card should your 'vote' win, then would be [***hole] scalpers would have to buy the system first with that card and then sell it.

Vyse2k3

Yeah, this is at least a little more 'fair' to people who have lives and can't or don't want to camp out in front of a store or in front of a computer screen, waiting for that magical nanosecond when it says "in stocK" and hoping you're close enough to their servers to even see the page.

I have a Wii and am not really having as much fun with it as I thought I would. My vote goes for a 60GB PS3. If I get the chance to buy one, I may just sell my Wii for it.

[quote name='Vyse2k3']

I don't see this being too valuable to the ebay crowd since you have to have an amazon account (created prior to December 11th) with a credit card on file to even register. If amazon makes you pay with that specific credit card should your 'vote' win, then would be [***hole] scalpers would have to buy the system first with that card and then sell it.

Vyse2k3[/quote]

Dec 11? haha, that wont do much because the 100,000 ebayers still have the accounts maded from the xbox week. should have made it a months before. Better go out on Sunday early to stores too and just have this amazon thing as a "Backup" if you fail horrible at the stores somehow.

[quote name='PyroGamer']What the fuck? Not even a deal? What is this bullshit?[/quote]

Who said that it was a deal? learn to read, from amazon: " Just in time for the holidays, we're selling limited quantities of the ridiculously hard-to-find Sony PlayStation 3 (20GB and 60GB) and Nintendo Wii!" They stated exactly what it is, they are just giving people the chance to get one of the systems that are solded out in most or all stores for the holiday. Do they HAVE to sell them for 100$ or even 50$ each for you to be happy?

This is why amazon.com hasn't sold any PS3s until now? I guess it's an OK deal since it's no tax or shipping--which for me would run about $40. The only hope people can have is that, since amazon is so huge and hasn't sold PS3s yet, maybe they have a few hundred of them? I don't know, just a guess.

For those who are saying "OMFG NOT A DEAL WTF F U AMAZON" you have to realize that A) it's a non bundled console and B) there's no tax (minus TN). So for us California folks, that's already a savings of 40 or so bucks on the 60gb PS3. Please tell me where I can find either console at below MSRP right now?

All you have to do is click a button (none of this get lucky refreshing stuff, or camping out in line). Not some intricate time waster on your part or anything.

So shut up. As others have said -- if you don't want it, no one is forcing it on you. But stop this entitled customer yelling because it's getting so tired.

[quote name='panasonic']I think it is a deal tax is $55 on the ps3 and $25 on the wii to bad no warranty[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't Tax most states.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see what you were saying.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']This is why amazon.com hasn't sold any PS3s until now? I guess it's an OK deal since it's no tax or shipping--which for me would run about $40. The only hope people can have is that, since amazon is so huge and hasn't sold PS3s yet, maybe they have a few hundred of them? I don't know, just a guess.[/quote]

I have a feeling they held onto them this long so that it is too late for scalpers to buy one and sell it before Christmas. Pretty smart move because now people who actually want the systems will be getting one and they also probably stockpiled hundreds of them.

I really like how they're doing this. It's the most fair method anyone's done.

I can't decide which to vote for though between the 20GB Playstation 3 or the Wii.

Sexy sexy. Neither of the three interest me, even though I want a Wii, I want to finish my backlog of games first. Maybe someone else can benefit from this though. Good luck to whoever wants to win.

*not signing up*

So wait if i win do i have to buy it on tuesday? Since i dont get paid till thursday i wouldnt be able to since im like 55 dollars short in my checking account :(

[quote name='getmyrunon']For those who are saying "OMFG NOT A DEAL WTF F U AMAZON" you have to realize that A) it's a non bundled console and B) there's no tax (minus TN). So for us California folks, that's already a savings of 40 or so bucks on the 60gb PS3. Please tell me where I can find either console at below MSRP right now?

All you have to do is click a button (none of this get lucky refreshing stuff, or camping out in line). Not some intricate time waster on your part or anything.

So shut up. As others have said -- if you don't want it, no one is forcing it on you. But stop this entitled customer yelling because it's getting so tired.[/quote]

preach on brotha! Signed up for a 60g.

I feel like there is something wrong with me that even at retail, I'm not interested in any of the systems at those prices (I was hoping at least a small discount of like $50 on the Wii). I'm not going to vote so people who really want the systems have a chance.

[quote name='happy']Since they know they're going to sell out this is a good way to do it in my mind.
.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... if Amazon just put these up for sale, their site would probably crash and you'll have another 20 threads about how Amazon sucks and Amazon is stupid and everyone is going to report them to the BBB.

Amazon knows their site will crash under the megaload of people hitting it for a Wii, so they are doing it in a way which won't affect their site.

Makes perfect sense.

[quote name='supraazn']Who said that it was a deal? learn to read, from amazon: " Just in time for the holidays, we're selling limited quantities of the ridiculously hard-to-find Sony PlayStation 3 (20GB and 60GB) and Nintendo Wii!" They stated exactly what it is, they are just giving people the chance to get one of the systems that are solded out in most or all stores for the holiday. Do they HAVE to sell them for 100$ or even 50$ each for you to be happy?[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='lowgear26']man I can't believe some people get mad at this........wonders never cease[/QUOTE]

It's amazing, isn't it? I'd rather do this than spend all day clicking refresh and hoping I'm there for the 1 minute they're in stock.

Plus, why would they EVER give you a deal on these? These are BRAND NEW systems in their first Christmas in the marketplace! To me selling the system straight is a far better deal than GS, EB and everyone else hawking absurd bundles.

Seems like there's always gonna be someone to complain about something...sigh.

A chance to give Amazon money... WOO!!!! :bs: I am psyched!!!! Maybe I can give them my bank account # for good measure, too!! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

I'd hate to see any CAG member stoop as low as this.... :fridge: a chance to pay full price? Woo hoo.

This is lame as heck. Although... it might've been nice to see the PS3 and Wii launch like this, rather than be forced to sit outside for 5 days. :joystick:

[quote name='iceblast21']A chance to give Amazon money... WOO!!!! :bs: I am psyched!!!! Maybe I can give them my bank account # for good measure, too!! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

I'd hate to see any CAG member stoop as low as this.... :fridge: a chance to pay full price? Woo hoo.

This is lame as heck. Although... it might've been nice to see the PS3 and Wii launch like this, rather than be forced to sit outside for 5 days. :joystick:[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are indeed "In Training", aren't you?

How about this -- find us a time in the history of console gaming some deals where you save money on a system at launch.

By your standards no CAG should buy any new console at launch. But hey, if not paying for tax and shipping doesn't mean jack to you, by all means go and buy retail.

bread's done
Back