Amazon Vote...Both PS3's and Wiiii

I think a lot of people are dissapointed there is no discount on the systems because all the past voting rounds have had deep discounts on the items. Even the losing items were discounted at nice percentages (except the Elmo). I agree it's a good chance to try to get a system without any work or being forced into buying a bundle though.

[quote name='supraazn']Who said that it was a deal? learn to read[/QUOTE]

Learn to read the name of the forum...

Video Game DEALS

[quote name='David85']Learn to read the name of the forum...

Video Game DEALS[/QUOTE]

Well it is a deal for the lucky few of us who don't have to pay tax on a $250, $500 or $600 purchase and who'll choose free shipping to boot.

What is wrong with these people posting in here that don't want them? You don't need to post. We get that it's MSRP.

And I will repeat: THIS IS REALLY COOL of Amazon to do it this way. It's completely fair, and frankly the only fair method I've seen any store use. Bundling all the EA games isn't fair. Not letting someone preorder who was on the list since MAY at Gamestop isn't fair. Giving everyone an equal chance to buy one, and without a bundle or shipping is totally fair.

Yes, the lack of tax and forced bundles is a "deal". You don't need to be Howie Mandel to realize that. It's all relative, particularly at this time of year.

EDIT: Howie...a guy with a shaved head that's all about "deals" and hosting a show about someone trying to get bought off as cheaply as possible...hmm....

[quote name='jollydwarf']Yes, the lack of tax and forced bundles is a "deal". You don't need to be Howie Mandel to realize that. It's all relative, particularly at this time of year.

EDIT: Howie...a guy with a shaved head that's all about "deals" and hosting a show about someone trying to get bought off as cheaply as possible...hmm....[/QUOTE]

Yes and I think it's already been established that news relating to acquiring a PS3 or Wii is allowed in the video game deals section, considering "Howie" himself started the thread about them being available on Amazon. Oh, and I signed up for the 60 GB PS3. Time to start praying.

Considering that there isn't any sort of reduction from the MSRP, I wonder just how limited these will be. There were, of course, only 1,000 $100 Core on their Thanksgiving deal, so one would hope that they'd have significantly more of each console offered here. Wouldn't count on it, though.

I'm just amazed that first people whine about how it stinks that Wii's are available for split seconds and how unfair that is when they don't get one.

Then Amazon.com does the equivalent of a retailer giving everyone a raffle ticket to see who gets the limited quantity and people whine about that. (And if you're wondering why it wouldn't be first come, first serve I'd guess that retailers don't really like a line of people camped outside of their store when no staff is there from 4 a.m. and onwards for a variety of reasons that I won't go into).

Amazon.com is among the best, if not the best, online retailer out there. They haven't taken orders for Wii's they don't have like some retailers apparently did... and they're trying to be as fair and orderly as possible. It has nothing to do with them gracing you with the opportunity to buy a Wii at full retail like it's some sort of blessing... it has to do with a fair way of distributing the limited quantity of these systems that they get (and, probably from Amazon's perspective getting rid of the server load of people doing a ridiculous number of refreshes to see if they've got them).

Cool--I signed up for a chance @ buying a 20GB PS3 for my bro-in-law, who wants one for the blu-ray.

hehe, it's nice to know I have a better chance at getting a PS3 (5 to 1) than hemorroids (25 to 1).

[quote name='gunm']
hehe, it's nice to know I have a better chance at getting a PS3 (5 to 1) than hemorroids (25 to 1).[/QUOTE]

The Wii is 5 to 1. The 60 gig PS3 is 11 to 1. The chart doesn't mention the odds of the 20 gig PS3.

Anyhow, I signed up for the Wii.

[quote name='lordwow']Ya yikes guys.

Don't want them? Don't sign up.[/quote]
Cant this thread be moved to the PS3 or Wii section? THIS IS NOT A DEAL.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What is wrong with these people posting in here that don't want them? You don't need to post. We get that it's MSRP.[/quote]

Exactly, that is why this thread belongs in the ps3 or wii section.

[quote name='oasisboy']Cant this thread be moved to the PS3 or Wii section? THIS IS NOT A DEAL.[/QUOTE]
It is for people who don't want to camp a website and haven't been able to get one at retail so far. Also there is no tax and free shipping. People have already said this like 3 times in this thread read the whole damn thread fool.

no tax and free shipping is already a $60-$100 savings depending on where you live and which shipping option you choose over most other online stores

and if you're on amazon prime trial (like me!) that's free 2 day shipping, or overnight for $4

[quote name='oasisboy']Cant this thread be moved to the PS3 or Wii section? THIS IS NOT A DEAL.[/quote]

Why do you give a damn? Is it so hard to deal with it being on the front page?

What Are the Odds That...?

Check this chart to see the current odds that you'll be randomly selected for an opportunity to purchase each console (along with a few other life possibilities).

Sony PS3 20GB* 2 to 1
Nintendo Wii* 6 to 1
Sony PS3 60GB* 14 to 1

well i signed up for a ps3. if i get chosen, i'll probably end up buying it and selling it on here for the same price, just to give back to the cag community.

[quote name='captainfrizo']The Wii is 5 to 1. The 60 gig PS3 is 11 to 1. The chart doesn't mention the odds of the 20 gig PS3.

Anyhow, I signed up for the Wii.[/quote]

Well, no--it changes as the voting goes along and is "personalized" to whatever you voted for. Right now as I type this, it looks like this:

Sony PS3 20GB* 2 to 1
star._V49374968_.gif
Nintendo Wii* 8 to 1
star._V49374968_.gif
Sony PS3 60GB* 17 to 1

The more people vote, the longer the odds will get.

signed up for the 60gb Sony..

i think this is more than fair enough than who is faster at refreshing/loading page..if you dont get one..you cant be dissappointed...and if you do congratz:cool:

I just got hemorrhoids, so I feel that my odds are pretty good. Can't wait to get the chance of buying a PS3, so that I can rub the sixaxis on my rhoids. Afterwards, I'll probably sell the system.

[quote name='Cloudy Wolf']yeah, what deal? no discount whatsoever? that blows.[/quote]

Oh yeah, because brand new, hard to find videogame consoles are ALWAYS discounted. :roll:

No tax or shipping is a good enough deal for me.

[quote name='lawdood']Oh yeah, because brand new, hard to find videogame consoles are ALWAYS discounted. :roll:

No tax or shipping is a good enough deal for me.[/quote]
don't blame me because you are incapable of tracking one down at retail. i've had the opportunity to buy one every week at the local best buy. what a baby

Never thought I'd see a day when fools would defend a company that would make you VOTE for retail price, all because retail price isn't too common.

What's next, are you gonna vote to use the crapper? And then defend that too?

Remember, it's "retail price" to use the crapper, and it's hard to find a good one in retail stores, so instead of having crappy ones, maybe next time you'll stand in line and vote for who can use it!

[quote name='Kendro']LOL, a chance to buy a PS3 or Wii at retail cost. I thought I seen it all...

If you want a PS3 bad enough, its probably smartest to vote for the 20GB because I figure 40% will vote for the 60GB and 40% will vote Wii.[/quote]no. no. more like 75% wii , 25% ps3's. folks cant even sell em for retail price.

[quote name='AdultLink']Never thought I'd see a day when fools would defend a company that would make you VOTE for retail price, all because retail price isn't too common.

Remember, it's retail price to use the crapper, and it's hard to find a good one in retail stores, so instead of having crappy ones, maybe next time you'll stand in line and vote for who can use it![/quote] what the hell are you talking about, boy! shut up and go to your room!

Why don't you vote to have me 'go to my room' then, hum? You enjoy voting for everything.

Only problem is, I'm not exactly restricted to just one room... I'm not exactly a kid either.

BTW, I had forgotten the quotations in 'retail price'. I didn't mean you pay for using the bathroom. I meant all bathrooms cost the same.

It's something to do, but for god sakes don't defend something like this.

This is not a deal or a good thing by any means.

My point about the crapper stands in reason with your argument about the bundles... If your saying 'since their are no good bundles, then it is a good deal to get this since it isn't a bundle' (a few of you), you may as well stand in line and vote for a good crapper, since hardly none exist.

[quote name='Kendro']How'd you enter for all 3? Man you got 3 accounts? Too much for me to juggle...[/QUOTE]

Only one account. I just hit back and was able to enter all three.

[quote name='ananag112']Only one account. I just hit back and was able to enter all three.[/QUOTE]

Only the first one you signed up for counted.

[quote name='AMAZON FAQ']If selected, you are eligible to buy only the item that you signed up for. You can sign up for only one of the following products: the Sony PlayStation 3 (20GB), the Nintendo Wii, or the Sony PlayStation 3 (60GB). Choose carefully, because you can’t change your selection once you make it. You will be eligible to receive a claim code for only the one that you signed up for, and only the first console that you sign up for counts.
[/quote]

[quote name='ananag112']Only one account. I just hit back and was able to enter all three.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you fooled them... wish I had thought of that.

I don't understand why so many of you are lambasting this promotion. First, in contrast to state lotteries, Amazon isn't charging people for the chance to win. Second, it isn't so ludicrous that Amazon is giving people an opportunity to buy. People only buy luxury goods when they expect to value those goods more than they value the price. So Amazon is raffling off the chance for people to experience a net gain in value, which makes sense.

Third, this is a deal even though Amazon is offering the systems at retail price. Since it's nigh-impossible to find the PS3 at retail, the relevant benchmark is market price, not retail price. Even though the PS3 is no longer commanding exorbitant prices on eBay, market price for the PS3 is still higher than its retail price.

GOOD GRIEF. Mass banning for all the trolls who "helpfully" point out that it's MSRP again, and again, and again, and again.

WE GET IT YOU BLUBBERING TROLLS!

And please explain why this isn't a more fair system than ANYONE else has used-only START YOUR OWN THREAD in the game section to explain it to us.

I wonder how many they have? The odds for all three are still surprisingly good. I still can't decide between Wii and the 20GB PS3.

So if you fools enjoy it so much, why don't you only buy at auction sites?

You'd be able to vote to your hearts content.

Then if you lose, you'll do without, or go live in a cave or something.

[quote name='AdultLink']So if you fools enjoy it so much, why don't you only buy at auction sites?

Then if you lose, you'll do without, or go live in a cave or something.[/quote]

why don't you stop trolling this thread since you have nothing to add. fool.

[quote name='AdultLink']Never thought I'd see a day when fools would defend a company that would make you VOTE for retail price, all because retail price isn't too common.

Remember, it's "retail price" to use the crapper, and it's hard to find a good one in retail stores, so instead of having crappy ones, maybe next time you'll stand in line and vote for who can use it![/QUOTE]

[quote name='AdultLink']Why don't you vote to have me 'go to my room' then, hum? You enjoy voting for everything.

Only problem is, I'm not exactly restricted to just one room... I'm not exactly a kid either.

BTW, I had forgotten the quotations in 'retail price'. I didn't mean you pay for using the bathroom. I meant all bathrooms cost the same.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AdultLink']It's something to do, but for god sakes don't defend something like this.

This is not a deal or a good thing by any means.

My point about the crapper stands in reason with your argument about the bundles... If your saying 'since their are no good bundles, then it is a good deal to get this since it isn't a bundle' (a few of you), you may as well stand in line and vote for a good crapper, since hardly none exist.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AdultLink']So if you fools enjoy it so much, why don't you only buy at auction sites?

Then if you lose, you'll do without, or go live in a cave or something.[/QUOTE]

Really, can someone decipher what this incoherent clod is trying to say? He seems to think that he's making some forceful point when, in reality, he's just raving incomprehensibly.

Does anyone remember the Costco PS3 fiasco? I sure remember EVERYONE bitching when everyone started hitting F5 at 7:45 and their server crashed. The odds of winning this raffle is probably about the same as your odds of being one of the lucky few who are sitting at their computers all day and happen to find a PS3 or Wii in stock somewhere. Then you gotta check out faster than the next guy.

Amazon knows what they're doing. The first 2 weeks they did the customers vote, their servers took a hit. Then people got pissed. Now they do the lottery system.

Bottom line, I don't have time to hang around online all day. I don't have time to wait in line on Sunday morning for a Wii. I take 30 seconds and vote for my system of choice. If I 'win,' that's great, no tax and free shipping. If I don't get a code, well at least I only wasted 5 minutes, tops.

[quote name='spideymike']Okay, I "voted" for a Wii. If I get one, I'm offering it up to someone who wants it for cost.[/quote]

That would be me, trying to get it for a good friend of mine for Christmas. But I'm sure you'll hear similar stories from everyone else who wants one.

I'm gonna head out in a few hours and see what the lines are like, but if worse comes to worse, I'll hope to be one of the lucky few to get it at Amazon.

Odds now at 11-1 for the Wii.

only 4-1 for the 20gb ps3 right now.

Despite the very small chance, I'm praying I get one, because I can't wait in line tonight. The best I can do is drive by stores tomorrow at like 7:30, which will be highly unlikely that there aren't big lines by that time.

I think you'll have a better chance of getting hemorrhoids than getting a PS3 within the next hour........jesus,that's sad!

[quote name='snakelda']I think you'll have a better chance of getting hemorrhoids than getting a PS3 within the next hour........jesus,that's sad![/quote]

i find this funny considering the eb i work at has had 4-6 ps3s since yesterday afternoon and by the time i left at 5 today, there were still 2 left.

most parents aren't even bothering asking, since they know how defective they are and how expensive one is. can't blame 'em. 'cept we get bombarded with "DO U HAS WII?" every five minutes.

that and ds lites are selling extremely fast. we got 30 more in yesterday and we sold all of them out today.

i guess pink/black ones are becoming relatively hard to find right now.

bread's done
Back