Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread II - Wikified

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
***Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread II Hit 1,000,000 Views on March 28th, 2011***

Nintendo 3DS Links:

The first nintendo 3ds consoles have appeared on warehouse deals, so far only cosmo black. The price listed was $186.99 and "Like New". Although they are currently out of stock, you may want to check back frequently.

Nintendo 3DS Cosmo Black

Aqua Blue (Check and see if there are used listings with this link)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Post All Links / Deals Via Wiki Edit HERE:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition.
Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Links:

Items costing $51 - $9,999 (Usually consoles appear here)

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

Lastchance Deals - Ultra discounted!

Deep Discount Deals

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items(Check here for handheld and console deals):

$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

LINK -- Just go here and click on system of choice for other systems besides 360 / ps3 / wii

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for the 360 slim, or ps3 to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

Previous Thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='egonpax']That's true. The big update was on Wednesday... Hmm.[/QUOTE]

The big update was on Thursday. It was the day I bought my Xbox

Yeah last week all the action happened on Thursday. I do think the delay last week must have been because they were doing upgrades or something (now listing "Good" condition games and incomplete "Acceptable" condition games which they did not do before).

In the weeks before that Tuesday was always the biggest day and Wednesday/Thursday were decent. But since they threw a ton of stuff up towards the end of last week who knows if they will be back on schedule for this week. Before last week a big drop usually occurred between about now and 2-3 hours from now. Occasionally the early drop would be skipped and they only had an evening drop (there are usually two on Tuesdays).

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']How is Amazon Warehouse with the Collector's Edition (Like New)?

Do they packages come with everything included?[/QUOTE]

Hit or miss. Usually they are missing one or two items.

[quote name='cheeky']Hit or miss. Usually they are missing one or two items.[/QUOTE]
Especially if they have a DLC code. It's usually used already, with a few people lucking out here and there.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']How is Amazon Warehouse with the Collector's Edition (Like New)?

From my experience or bad luck, if it comes in a larger cardboard box, the box is somewhat crushed or there is exterior box damage.

[quote name='storino03']so then why did you buy it from them?[/QUOTE]

Cos I wasn't sure when it was going to be $20 on Amazon, and I kind of wanted to play it. Plus I always get suckered in with those GoHastings sales.

yeah like they said it's hit or miss. The Perfect Dark Zero I got from them was beat up and missing the slipcover. But the Agarest War Limited I got from them was still manufacturer sealed and just had a dent on the bottom of the box where you couldn't even see it.

[quote name='Donkey132']yeah like they said it's hit or miss. The Perfect Dark Zero I got from them was beat up and missing the slipcover. But the Agarest War Limited I got from them was still manufacturer sealed and just had a dent on the bottom of the box where you couldn't even see it.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the Fallout 3 Survival edition. It was missing the Pipboy so I sent it back. The good news is that I guess you can trade these things in incomplete and they will accept them.

sigh, my "like new" Marvel vs Capcom 2 (DC) arrived this morning, didn't have the chance to play it but the case hub that holds the disc in was totally destroyed (all the plastic broken like something heavy got dropped on the flimsy bubble envelope although the case itself looks fine, no cracks or anything so that's weird) and the disc itself has all sorts of radial scratches on it like from a bad CD cleaner. (clean OUT, not in a circle)

Of course there are no more in stock. Guess I try it out tonight and cross my fingers, but there's no way in hell this is "like new" in any definition. :/

[quote name='technicalstylez']i just traded in a like new ass creed bro collectors ed for ps3, so if someone gets one thats messed up, noram did it, not me.[/QUOTE]

Ass creed bro! ;)

[quote name='Justin42']sigh, my "like new" Marvel vs Capcom 2 (DC) arrived this morning, didn't have the chance to play it but the case hub that holds the disc in was totally destroyed (all the plastic broken like something heavy got dropped on the flimsy bubble envelope although the case itself looks fine, no cracks or anything so that's weird) and the disc itself has all sorts of radial scratches on it like from a bad CD cleaner. (clean OUT, not in a circle)

Of course there are no more in stock. Guess I try it out tonight and cross my fingers, but there's no way in hell this is "like new" in any definition. :/[/QUOTE]

If you order any games in jewel cases you might as well just assume that it will need to be replaced. 50-75% of the jewel cases I get have cracks on them and occasionally worse. So far the contents have usually been in very good condition and I just had to replace the case. Even if the jewel case isn't damaged it usually is fairly worn.

They resurface nearly every disc. Most of the time they do a pretty good job and it isn't very noticeable, but sometimes it is (more often on PS1 games).

Marvel vs Capcom 2 for DC comes in stock relatively often so probably shouldn't have too much trouble getting another copy.

Originally Posted by guardian_owl
Seemed as good a time as any to pick up Heavenly Sword and Enslaved at those prices, was 2 cents short of free shipping of course :lol: so i found a book to throw in with it.

[quote name='sadboy']Can you confirm the condition of your copy of Heavenly Sword when you receive it? I think cheeky speculated these might be brand new.[/QUOTE]
Bonus, Heavenly Sword AND Enslaved both came factory sealed, and to think I was considering canceling my AW order for Enslaved when I saw it was the DOTD new for a few bucks more.

Edit: Also I am up to ending #5 on 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors, it has been well worth the purchase from AWDs. To those who enjoy a good story I would definitely recommend snatching it up next time it becomes available on warehouse deals. To those who value gameplay and the story is incidental, I would skip it.

[quote name='storino03']That Dreamcast price seems awfully high for what it is. Maybe its just me.[/QUOTE]

$53 seems about right. On Ebay they are around $40-$50 before shipping. It's a better price than $88, which is what AWD had it at the last few months.

[quote name='guardian_owl']

Edit: Also I am up to ending #5 on 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors, it has been well worth the purchase from AWDs. To those who enjoy a good story I would definitely recommend snatching it up next time it becomes available on warehouse deals. To those who value gameplay and the story is incidental, I would skip it.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't agree more, I picked up 999 from AWD too, and its definitely one of my top favorite games. For those who like a good story, this is a treat.

If you just want to fly through some puzzles though, it may not be for you. This is more of an interactive novel than anything.

Just received the blue dualshock 3 controller I ordered last week. Did not come with any packaging, and while the controller looks OK, it clearly has been used extensively. Among other things, the R2 button is loose as hell.

Does the stuff that people trade in to Amazon end up on the warehouse deals? Not sure what to do here. Paid $26 for it, and a new one is $40 right now.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Just received the DA2:SE :pc:/:ps3: & PS Move Bundle :ps3:.[/QUOTE]
when did you buy it, been looking for it for a while, no luck:bomb:

[quote name='Achilles00']Just received the blue dualshock 3 controller I ordered last week. Did not come with any packaging, and while the controller looks OK, it clearly has been used extensively. Among other things, the R2 button is loose as hell.

Does the stuff that people trade in to Amazon end up on the warehouse deals? Not sure what to do here. Paid $26 for it, and a new one is $40 right now.[/QUOTE]

I know what I'd do. I'd rather pay $40 for a new and sealed one than $26 for a busted one. If it were like new, $26 might be a good deal.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I know what I'd do. I'd rather pay $40 for a new and sealed one than $26 for a busted one. If it were like new, $26 might be a good deal.[/QUOTE]
This. No sense in paying $26 for a controller that doesn't function like it should. Cosmetic damage wouldn't matter to me at that price point, but the loose R2 button is definitely going to affect gameplay.

bought a lot of used ds games and they always come great
sometimes stickers on the box
thats why i buy spare ds cases to switch them out

[quote name='guardian_owl']Originally Posted by guardian_owl
Seemed as good a time as any to pick up Heavenly Sword and Enslaved at those prices, was 2 cents short of free shipping of course :lol: so i found a book to throw in with it.

Bonus, Heavenly Sword AND Enslaved both came factory sealed, and to think I was considering canceling my AW order for Enslaved when I saw it was the DOTD new for a few bucks more.

Edit: Also I am up to ending #5 on 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors, it has been well worth the purchase from AWDs. To those who enjoy a good story I would definitely recommend snatching it up next time it becomes available on warehouse deals. To those who value gameplay and the story is incidental, I would skip it.[/QUOTE]
Heavenly Sword is also $14.99 at Kmart if you can find it there.

[quote name='sunghost']This. No sense in paying $26 for a controller that doesn't function like it should. Cosmetic damage wouldn't matter to me at that price point, but the loose R2 button is definitely going to affect gameplay.[/QUOTE]

I tested it out, and it definitely doesn't respond like a new one would. It's not bad (doesn't require a good mash to respond), but it's noticeably loose. Maybe I'll see if Amazon can replace it with another one.

If not, I think you guys are right. Chalk up the extra $14 and get a new one.

Hmm. Another user and I both saw our DSi XL systems switch to preparing for shipment this morning. His was shipped around 2; but mine still hasn't, and I now doubt it will today.

Any ideas? I've never had a product say "shipping soon" for more than a few hours. Definitely not a huge deal; i just don't wanna deal with ANOTHER cancellation... Knock on wood.

[quote name='sunghost']but the loose R2 button is definitely going to affect gameplay.[/QUOTE]

A loose trigger is easily repaired with a small screwdriver, a pair of wire snips, and a floppy disk for each loose trigger.

Crack open the floppy disk, it uses the same spring style as the triggers. Open up the DS3 and remove the broken spring. Cut the spring from the floppy disk to match the same size and just replace (look at the working trigger to see how it fits in there).

It took me a whole 5 minutes to fix and that's because I couldn't find the right precision screwdriver immediately.

I've since replaced all the springs in my PS3 controllers even though they weren't all broken because I prefer the feel of the stronger spring.

The only real problem you have to look for with the controllers is when the analog stick starts to stick and not center itself. That's a bigger problem than the trigger.

[quote name='mattcube64']Hmm. Another user and I both saw our DSi XL systems switch to preparing for shipment this morning. His was shipped around 2; but mine still hasn't, and I now doubt it will today.

Any ideas? I've never had a product say "shipping soon" for more than a few hours. Definitely not a huge deal; i just don't wanna deal with ANOTHER cancellation... Knock on wood.[/QUOTE]

Dang bro it still has not shipped yet? I live in Bourbonnais IL and it's already in Itasca IL. I am hoping I get it tomorrow (saids Thursday though) Hopefully they ship yours asap, no idea why they would put both of ours as shipping soon this morning, ship mine out at 11am and yours is still stuck as shipping soon. Weird, especially since we both got the Mario Kart XL Bundle like new.. Hrm.

Finally grabbed one of the last copies of Heavy Rain. There should be 2 left now. I've been checking for the past week and watching the number of copies drop from 188 to 3 before jumping on it.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Originally Posted by guardian_owl
Bonus, Heavenly Sword AND Enslaved both came factory sealed, and to think I was considering canceling my AW order for Enslaved when I saw it was the DOTD new for a few bucks more.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the notifying me earlier, guardian_owl.

Account is too new to post links sorry

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Like New $33.99

amazon.com/Super-Mario-Galaxy-2-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002BSA388/ref=sr_1_59?ie=UTF8&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&qid=1300246974&sr=1-59

[quote name='blindinglights']A loose trigger is easily repaired with a small screwdriver, a pair of wire snips, and a floppy disk for each loose trigger.

Crack open the floppy disk, it uses the same spring style as the triggers. Open up the DS3 and remove the broken spring. Cut the spring from the floppy disk to match the same size and just replace (look at the working trigger to see how it fits in there).

It took me a whole 5 minutes to fix and that's because I couldn't find the right precision screwdriver immediately.

I've since replaced all the springs in my PS3 controllers even though they weren't all broken because I prefer the feel of the stronger spring.

The only real problem you have to look for with the controllers is when the analog stick starts to stick and not center itself. That's a bigger problem than the trigger.[/QUOTE]

If this works well then that's some Macgyver stuff there!
I thought it was just a sarcastic joke at first but then you explained it all... I'm still a little in doubt but lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back