Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

--------------------------------

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

WIKI: (Feel free to update OP in this section ONLY)

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

:3ds:Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

:psp:Sony PSP

:360:Xbox 360

:wii:Wii

:ps3:PS3

Wii U

PS4

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='uhnsk']Is this thread New or Like New?[/QUOTE]

The sticker's on the plastic wrapping so I think it's new. Sweet deal. People say AWD VII is the best in the series.

Wow, look what I found today. It's not in great condition, but it's not bad either. Don't have the game anymore but can't believe this survived, what over 10 years? Not smashed or anything.

Geeze. How do I re--size an image?! I made it really small and it just got bigger

[quote name='doodofdoods']The sticker's on the plastic wrapping so I think it's new. Sweet deal. People say AWD VII is the best in the series.[/QUOTE]

lol at this^

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']
browse-icon-pstation._V192599299_.gif
RPG Maker (G) $8.07[/QUOTE]

Thanks, decided to take a chance on the game despite what the description said. Should be 1 left as well.

[quote name='edson13']red ascension 500gb PS3193[/QUOTE]
avoid the gow bundle, a cag poster previously reported getting a dud, the whole ps3 console was smashed, without the tray opening. It also did not come with the games. buy it at your own risk

[quote name='clonesniper666']Thanks, decided to take a chance on the game despite what the description said. Should be 1 left as well.[/QUOTE]

I ordered a copy and got it yesterday. It was in good condition, but didn't come with the 2nd manual. :\

[quote name='nccows']Hoping for a cheap Infinite. Come on, Amazon, don't let me down![/QUOTE]

You can get it for under $40 at Gamestop with Birthday coupon and PUR if you have it.

I got a copy today and it was about $38

It's funny how Slidecage wrote a 1 star review for "Soul Hackers" on Amazon and 6 of 61 people found it helpful. Anyway, the original Hyperdimension Neptunia is up for $26.97 "Very Good" from Warehouse Deals.

[quote name='doodofdoods']The sticker's on the plastic wrapping so I think it's new. Sweet deal. People say AWD VII is the best in the series.[/QUOTE]

Well honestly it's because VII was alot of people's first AWD thread. IV and VI are really considered the best in the series when talked about by the longtime fans

Least it isn't AWD XIII

could anyone enlighten me a little about those Neptunia games? should I play all 3 starting with the 1st, or just get the latest one?

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']Well honestly it's because VII was alot of people's first AWD thread. IV and VI are really considered the best in the series when talked about by the longtime fans

Least it isn't AWD XIII[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there... let's hope that AWD XIV doesn't turn out to be a half assed rushed failure with no fun elements whatsoever :p

[quote name='TKSJOHN']It was very good in my opinion[/QUOTE]

Some were expecting it to be Acceptable, but they sometimes found it Very Good or even Like New.

Tomb Raider (LN) price on Warehouse Deals is good for a laugh. It's a 40 cent discount from Amazon.com's price! Feel the savings!

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']
Least it isn't AWD XIII[/QUOTE]

When I first read this I thought you were taking a jab at AWD VIII, which, to be fair, had a tendency to get a little bit overly emotional in an angsty way at times (there's a lot of pain involved when trying to snag a (LN) Holiday Bundle), and was easy to exploit (part of the fun, if you ask me), but was honestly one of my favorite AWD threads.

[quote name='Rozz']It's funny how Slidecage wrote a 1 star review for "Soul Hackers" on Amazon and 6 of 61 people found it helpful. Anyway, the original Hyperdimension Neptunia is up for $26.97 "Very Good" from Warehouse Deals.[/QUOTE]

Hey it could be worse.. just think if 61 people found it helpful..

Then again think of the HORROR if anything i ever did was helpful... well i did shove that old lady down once do the semi didnt hit the pothole :)

Those looking at buying soul hackers... I would not count on getting the CD with it used... Gamestop around here has 3 or 4 of them used and all of them dont have the CD (they tossed the outer boxes and cds ) Dont ask me why

[quote name='slidecage']Those looking at buying soul hackers... I would not count on getting the CD with it used... Gamestop around here has 3 or 4 of them used and all of them dont have the CD (they tossed the outer boxes and cds ) Dont ask me why[/QUOTE]

They may have not been thrown out, the previous owners may have just preordered for the CD bonus and kept the outer box as well and just sold the game back and plan on buying it later when its cheaper. I had a friend who would do the same thing for preorder bonuses.

[quote name='Sion']They may have not been thrown out, the previous owners may have just preordered for the CD bonus and kept the outer box as well and just sold the game back and plan on buying it later when its cheaper. I had a friend who would do the same thing for preorder bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Many Gamestop stores are instructed to throw out the extras. Hell, some Gamestop stores here throw out any used 3DS packaging (including the original white cases/manuals/inserts) and keep the games cart only in those glass cases. :roll:

[quote name='Eldredpe']When I first read this I thought you were taking a jab at AWD VIII, which, to be fair, had a tendency to get a little bit overly emotional in an angsty way at times (there's a lot of pain involved when trying to snag a (LN) Holiday Bundle), and was easy to exploit (part of the fun, if you ask me), but was honestly one of my favorite AWD threads.[/QUOTE]
It is one of my favorites also, but the opinion of AWD VIII seems to have been split for the most part. Most of the complaints I remember stem from the ordering system to increase their backlog being too tedious.

[quote name='Rozz']Many Gamestop stores are instructed to throw out the extras. Hell, some Gamestop stores here throw out any used 3DS packaging (including the original white cases/manuals/inserts) and keep the games cart only in those glass cases. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Gamestop might as well hand that stuff to us if they're just going to throw it out.

[quote name='Rozz']Many Gamestop stores are instructed to throw out the extras. Hell, some Gamestop stores here throw out any used 3DS packaging (including the original white cases/manuals/inserts) and keep the games cart only in those glass cases. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Those anti-consumer practices are part of why I almost always look to Amazon first when it comes to buying anything video game related. The packaging and case are part of the value of a physical item and when they sell games cartridge only, it makes buying the digital copy that much more attractive. I can understand that some customers trade games in as disc or cartridge only, but actively throwing out part of the item that most customers would want? It only makes sense in a way that saves a slight amount on storage costs but makes the customer experience much worse.

I have actually found over 100+ game cases besides 3ds and ds cases that gamestop throws out. You couldn't even imagine all of the other things that GameStop throws out, empty cases are the least of their problems

[quote name='epmacman']just posting that its not a sony dualshock, idk poor reviews overall...beware[/QUOTE]

I think that DoubleShock III has been taunting AWD for quite awhile now since it's been posted several times, but yes it's indeed a generic one.

Damn I don't know how I fell victim to that. Normally I am all over that kind of stuff :(

Thanks for the heads up guys -- going to edit it out of my post!

Been mostly lurking here for the past couple weeks and have snagged quite a few good deals. I thought I'd extend a heartfelt thanks to the people who contribute here so that we can go out and spend way too much money on stuff we don't need. On second thought.... :)~

At any rate, my experience buying from Amazon Warehouse has mostly been good. However, there have been a few exceptions I'll list here simply for the "caveat emptor" of it all:

First, an item listed as "Like New" is usually in pretty good shape cosmetically, but apparently that doesn't necessarily mean that Amazon Warehouse inspects it to make sure it actually works before labeling it "Like new" and selling it.

A few examples of this so far:

1) The worst I've experienced is an Xbox 360 S 4GB / Kinect bundle I decided to pick up for ~$165. Seemed like a solid deal if it actually came in "Like New" condition. Unfortunately, that was far from the case. I could deal with the fact the console/controller was dirty and the grill/hard drive bay seemed to be stuffed with human and dog hair (my girlfriend said "double yuck" when she saw it hahaha). But, what I can't deal with is the fact that the second I fired up the console I identified 3 major, obvious problems in the first 5 seconds it was turned on. First, the middle green/power light will not stop flashing. Usually this means a disc drive problem. Second, sure enough, the DVD disc tray is stuck closed and will not open without a crowbar and some WD40. Third, the system notified me immediately an Xbox Live update was available and attempted to download it...but an error message popped up saying the system doesn't have any onboard storage at all so it had to abort. A quick check in the system settings/storage blade revealed that the 4GB flash memory it is supposed to have is mysteriously missing. That took me all of 5 minutes to figure out and diagnose. Would it kill Amazon Warehouse to have a policy of actually turning on consoles to verify they work before labeling them as "Like New" and shipping them out? Whoever sold this console to Amazon pulled a fast one because it's a complete, non-functioning POS. I'm guessing this must be the exception and not the rule or otherwise the Warehouse sales model would break down quickly due to poor word of mouth. And, since I have Prime I won't have to pay to return it. But, it's still disappointing nonetheless since I thought I was getting a good deal on a backup 360 for my gf and/or game parties...and instead I just got the hassle of a return job. Alas, back it goes.

2) I've ordered several "Like New" games which, again, LOOK mostly good on the outside of the cases (on a minor note, the BF3 copy they sent me has an obvious physical blemish in the form of a major crack/missing chunk of the bottom right corner of the game-box)...but seem to have trouble with both of my perfectly functioning 360 slims. So far I've only tested 3 games: NBA 2K13, Halo CE Anniversary, and Battlefield 3 Premium Edition. All 3 games will play fine from disc, but they all have difficulty being installed to the hard drive (Halo 3 does have some noticeable nicks on the disc surface which prevent it from being recognized by the drive half the time. I ameliorated this problem by using a standard DVD cleaner kit on it, which seems to help temporarily between install attempts). This problem of not being able to install the games to the HD has me wondering if Amazon's cleaning/buffing/resurfacing process might be causing this in some way. There doesn't seem to a noticeable "film" of any sort on the discs...but perhaps something they do actually changes the physical structure of the disc if they use something abrasive to "sand away" scratches? All my other games which I didn't buy from Amazon install to hard drive just fine, so this has me scratching my head a bit.

3) The Thrustmaster steering wheel I ordered has some noticeable scuffs on the exterior of the product (despite being listed "Like New")...yet, so far, it seems to WORK perfectly. So, I may be keeping this one.

I ordered several other items including a pair of "Very Good" Turtle Beach Tangos that I haven't tested yet, but I'll update everyone know how it goes with those. Fingers crossed...of all the things I ordered, I really don't want to have to return the headphones....

So, yeah, I'm loving the pricing...but so far my impression of warehouse deals in general is it seems to be very much a roll of the dice due to spotty inspection policies. There's simply NO WAY anyone with a pair of eyes and a functioning brain should have graded several of the "Like New" items I purchased as anywhere close to like new....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='THT']

:wii: Wii HDMI Adapter (LN) $17.77
6[/QUOTE]

Fully playable game is included; downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase.

[quote name='poker360']:whee:[/QUOTE]

This arrived last week and the DLC voucher was used so I sent it back, this might be that one. Beware fellow CAGs

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back