Amazon Wharehouse deals $2.18 anime (new, not used)

scarface333

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HakaHina']My haul, ~$2.19-$6.68 each. Thanks for the heads up!

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Vol 1 Bundle

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Volume 2 (Limited Edition)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Volume 3 (Limited Edition)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Volume 4 (Limited Edition)

Gurren Lagann: Part 1 (Limited Edition DVD + Artbox + LED Light)

My Otome Zwei Special Edition

Lucky Star, Vol. 1 Limited Edition

Lucky Star, Vol. 2 Limited Edition

Lucky Star, Vol. 3 Limited Edition

Lucky Star, Vol. 5 Limited Edition

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Volume 1

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Vol. 2

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Volume Three

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Volume 4

Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion: R2, Part 2 (Limited Edition)

Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion: R2, Part 3 (Limited Edition)

Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion: R2, Part 4 (Limited Edition)[/QUOTE]

I got the same code geass minus r2 3-4 being normal... now where will we find r2 part 1 for cheap?

Thanks OP!

I grabbed (once Vol 4 LE came back in-stock/available):

Yeah... but gives me something to hunt for, which is nice every now and then... NOT PAYING $30 FOR IT LIKE THEY WANT THOUGH...

[quote name='perdition(troy']I wish they had r2 part one of it up so I could get the complete sequel...[/QUOTE]

Same here - is there any way we could ask them to kindly put it up for sale :)

Also I ended up buying:

Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion: R2, Part 4 (Limited Edition)
Ghost Slayers Ayashi: Part I (w/ Book) [DVD]
Cowboy Bebop Remix, Volume 4
Cowboy Bebop Remix, Volume 1
Trigun Remix, Vol. 1
Trigun Remix, Vol. 2
Trigun Remix, Vol. 3
Trigun Remix, Vol. 6
American Weigh Signature Series Silver AWS-1KG Digital Pocket Scale, 1000 by 0.1 G

Anyone looking for non-Bandai stuff, I recommend Jubei-chan 2 and Stellvia. Gun X Sword also has cheap singles, but the S.A.V.E. version is $15.

[quote name='mjontrix']Same here - is there any way we could ask them to kindly put it up for sale :)

Also I ended up buying:

Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion: R2, Part 4 (Limited Edition)
Ghost Slayers Ayashi: Part I (w/ Book) [DVD]
Cowboy Bebop Remix, Volume 4
Cowboy Bebop Remix, Volume 1
Trigun Remix, Vol. 1
Trigun Remix, Vol. 2
Trigun Remix, Vol. 3
Trigun Remix, Vol. 6
American Weigh Signature Series Silver AWS-1KG Digital Pocket Scale, 1000 by 0.1 G

I bought 2 ghost slayer ayashis, figure at $2 or so shipped, keep one sealed to collect, might do the same with gurren, maybe not.

[quote name='knight19']Thanks OP!

I grabbed (once Vol 4 LE came back in-stock/available):

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Volume 4 (Limited Edition)[/QUOTE]

Sorry to ask, but is this like ramma 1/2? I have kept up with anime in a long time.. I saw nijna scroll movie, ramma 1/2, ronin warriors, dragonball.
Is the 4 listed like the complete series? is it funny,etc. Is this better then sailor moon? (saw a few and itr was ok, but not into it)

Seems more of a funny anime, but hey watch some episodes online if ur on the border, dont pull the trigger on $25 if ur not sure.

[quote name='Hemi']Seems more of a funny anime, but hey watch some episodes online if ur on the border, dont pull the trigger on $25 if ur not sure.[/QUOTE]

Any good anime cheap to start?
I love street fighter V, but someone long ago broke in and jack it along with ps,ps2, games, etc.

Either english voice or subtitled, check for yourself under language in the description, code geass is a good series on the cheap for like 7/8 of the discs, and gurren laggan is great for $6 for the first part in that sexy LE box!!!

[quote name='Hemi']Either english voice or subtitled, check for yourself under language in the description, code geass is a good series on the cheap for like 7/8 of the discs, and gurren laggan is great for $6 for the first part in that sexy LE box!!![/QUOTE]

I was debating on code geass too. I love ramma 1/2 back then. It was funny.
I already decided on gurren laggan.

Im still debating on the 4 limited set. Its not bad, but it almost sounds like telling a story. Girl looking for aliens,etc. simon keeps her in check, but is there a good plot/story? It kind of feels like seinfeld, which isnt bad. Am i right?

Here is the link for that vol 1 limited. http://www.amazon.com/Melancholy-Ha...e+Melancholy+of+Haruhi+Suzumiya+Vol+1+limited

Is the vol 1 bundle u listed the same as this? What are the differences?

Slightly diff inserts is what i can tell limited editions 2-4 are $6 for it, so get part 1 bundle and 2-4 limited?

Its about a girl not knowing that if she gets bored she destroys the universe and makes a new one, so an alien, a timetraveler, and a girl with esp, and the normal guy make sure she isn't bored.

[quote name='Komentra']Both of the Cowboy Bebop links take you to the same product.[/QUOTE]

I dunno why... I actually tried to get rid of the hyperlinks! LOL

Also Suzumiya series is excellent overall - I just bought the set to preserve for the future to sell at outrageous prices to fans - MUWHAHAHAHA xD

But damn Lucky Star... I really wanted the other two limited edition sets to be cheaper! I needz it so bad!

What ticked be off though was that the 10% coupon thing didn't work (It's so hard to use the damn thing!)

[quote name='mjontrix']I dunno why... I actually tried to get rid of the hyperlinks! LOL

Also Suzumiya series is excellent overall - I just bought the set to preserve for the future to sell at outrageous prices to fans - MUWHAHAHAHA xD

But damn Lucky Star... I really wanted the other two limited edition sets to be cheaper! I needz it so bad!

What ticked be off though was that the 10% coupon thing didn't work (It's so hard to use the damn thing!)[/QUOTE]

so u not watching the set? they may release it on blu ray

[quote name='The Punisher']so u not watching the set? they may release it on blu ray[/QUOTE]

doubt it, bandais not doing too hot

the haruhi one? I thought there already was a blu-ray set - or is that just the japanese version.

I've already watched the entire series of Suzumiya haruhi - just waiting for the next parts of the novel to be made into anime form (hopefully 2013!)

I REALLY REALLY WANT Reborn! to be completed into anime form and have a far better ending than we got :(

Also I just realized that there's a typo in the title -Amazon Wharehouse (I thought it sounded weird)...

[quote name='Hemi']doubt it, bandais not doing too hot[/QUOTE]

This is a major issue - I just hope 4kids don't buy them out or something (for the gundam licenses); and if they fold that someone else gets them. Anyone, just not 4KIDS PLEASE!

Is there any difference between the Anime Legends version and just the 4 DVDs for the first season of Code Geass? I would love to own it. I would also jump on the second season if it was complete but alas.

[quote name='neonglow']I was considering buying Lucky Star, but volume 6 is over $100. Why is that?[/QUOTE]

Because there's not much supply of it I guess...
And Bandai's gone? Where's the firesale? We want moar cheap anime!!!

[quote name='Hostile']Is there any difference between the Anime Legends version and just the 4 DVDs for the first season of Code Geass? I would love to own it. I would also jump on the second season if it was complete but alas.[/QUOTE]

Nope. In fact they both have the same discs just different packaging.

Hard to believe I paid nearly $30 for some boxes plus volume one (Haruhi and Gurren Lagann) back in the day. (Then again, I did pay well over $160 for Vision of Escaflowne in individual volumes...) All of these were well worth the money! I have no regrets!

The only thing I'm interested in is Code Geass, but since there are volumes not on sale or the box LE is unavailable, I'll have to pass. :(

Thanks OP. I own all of Gurren Lagann as 6 DVD singles (the "Part 1,2,3" sets that each came with slip covers), but I always wanted to get the Vol. 1 box set to display the series on my shelf. $6.00 for the box with Prime shipping is a no-brainer :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered vol 1-4 of the Haruhi LE sets as well as vol 3 Eureka SE. I'm tempted to order Lucky Star vol 1-3 LE, but the extras don't seem as nice as the Haruhi sets. I also don't want to track down LS 4-6 LE. I collected some LS figures so I think those are good enough extras to go with my regular DVD set.

Thanks op for the great find!

I really want to get that Gurren Lagann box set, but the second box is too expensive. If "Gurren Lagann 2" wasn't Japanese audio only, I would be all over it though.

[quote name='The Punisher']Any good anime cheap to start?
I love street fighter V, but someone long ago broke in and jack it along with ps,ps2, games, etc.[/QUOTE]They aren't here, but RightStuf has a ton of great complete seasons/series for under $20. Gun x Sword, Kaleido Star, D Gray Man, Jubei-chan 2, Guin Saga, Basilisk, Black Cat, Bamboo Blade, Romeo x Juliet, Initial D, Girls Bravo, Str.A.In, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc.

If you do a search for S.A.V.E. you can find a lot of good titles cheap. Amazon has some of them for $15, and if you have an FYE near you they are $15 there as well. And most of them you can get rid of the green banner on the side.

To other posters:

-4Kids doesn't have any anime anymore. They lost Pokemon to TPCI, One Piece to FUNimation, and Yu-Gi-Oh! to Konami. Even their CW Saturday block is owned by Saban now.

- For those who don't know, Bandai stopped licensing titles early this year and officially stopped shipping to retailers last month. The reason there aren't any cheap anime is because people like me are buying and sellig the boxsets. Though your local Best Buy MIGHT have some left between $30-$40.

[quote name='Cage017']I really want to get that Gurren Lagann box set, but the second box is too expensive. If "Gurren Lagann 2" wasn't Japanese audio only, I would be all over it though.[/QUOTE]If you have a MovieStop or FYE nearby, check them. They might have the volumes for a cheap price, hopefully used.

[quote name='Cage017']I really want to get that Gurren Lagann box set, but the second box is too expensive. If "Gurren Lagann 2" wasn't Japanese audio only, I would be all over it though.[/QUOTE]

It's not Japanese audio only, the entire series was dubbed. Unless you're talking about the movies, then yes those are sub only.

[quote name='Zerok']It's not Japanese audio only, the entire series was dubbed. Unless you're talking about the movies, then yes those are sub only.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the series was released in three sub-only sets before it was dubbed (and subsequently rereleased). That may be what they're talking about.

I managed to snag the complete series of Star Ocean EX for about $30 shipped on eBay last month, unrelated I know but they were all factory sealed.

thanks to OP and everyone here for the help. This is what I ordered:

Ghost slayer LE

I didnt get code because I been buying so much stuff. Hopefully one day i can get cheap dragonball z and GT series to replace my old VHS tapes I got that is japanese voice and english subtitle. Im so confused on the different ones, but want it like it was on VHS, but improved on hdtv. Does anyone remember Guyver around the early 90's on I think Scifi channel? Can anyone link me so i can make sure i get the right one? I saw a 2005 series, but not sure if that's the one.

[quote name='Hao']Yeah, but the series was released in three sub-only sets before it was dubbed (and subsequently rereleased). That may be what they're talking about.[/QUOTE]

Ah, you're right. I completely forgot about that.

[quote name='mjontrix']And Bandai's gone? Where's the firesale? We want moar cheap anime!!![/QUOTE]

lol. You won't be finding Bandai anime for cheap anymore.

[quote name='The Punisher']Hopefully one day i can get cheap dragonball z and GT series to replace my old VHS tapes I got that is japanese voice and english subtitle. Im so confused on the different ones, but want it like it was on VHS, but improved on hdtv.[/QUOTE]Only the first 34 episodes were released on Blu-ray. There are the Orange Boxes out there for pretty cheap, but they are formatted to widescreen format and are kinda bright. There's also the Dragon Box which is completely unedited, but very hard to find.

I skipped out on the Code Geass Volumes. I hate that 5 and 6 are incredulously expensive and I'd much rather have the entire set.

Although... I have a feeling that the prices on those might skyrocket since Bandai died.

But I did pick up a copy of Gurren Laggan Part 1 LE. The box was just too nice to not buy.

The Season 1 set is currently $35 on Amazon Marketplace. Not too bad. Also, check your local Best Buy. The bigger ones usually have a lot of Bandai sets left. Mine had FOUR copies of Gundam 00 Season 2.

[quote name='DNukem170']The Season 1 set is currently $35 on Amazon Marketplace. Not too bad. Also, check your local Best Buy. The bigger ones usually have a lot of Bandai sets left. Mine had FOUR copies of Gundam 00 Season 2.[/QUOTE]

WHAT!?! Are you fucking kidding me?? I checked two Best Buys and one about an hour away by my aunts house for Gundam 00 Season 2 and no Bandai whatsoever...

[quote name='PublikDefender']Were you able to get Melancholy of Haruhi Volume 1 Limited Edition or did you have to settle for the regular Vol 1 bundle? I saw that the Limited Editions are available for 2-4 but I'm wondering if anyone got Vol 1 before they sold out?[/QUOTE]

Took me to today to realize that's not the LE Vol 1 bundle, because I remember when the LE bundles first came out. I was just really excited to see them for that cheap. I forgot that the LEs had an extra DVD that contained the original brodcast order. That was the big draw.

bread's done
Back