Amazon Wharehouse deals $2.18 anime (new, not used)

scarface333

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered two orders sunday, and they still say "shipping soon" Did your guys ever update from that status or you just randomly get them?

[quote name='acpstunts']I ordered two orders sunday, and they still say "shipping soon" Did your guys ever update from that status or you just randomly get them?[/QUOTE]

it get update into shipped and such

I was going to mention the Hayate the Combat Butler discs were under $5 each in Warehouse Deals. But apparently they raised them back up to $6.50-$7 each again yesterday.

For those ordering Ghost Slayers Ayashi DVD & Kurokami BR in Warehouse Deals, remember that both only contain an english dub. It did notice something weird with Kurokami's DVD. Can anyone confirm that that version is sub-only?

[quote name='acpstunts']I ordered two orders sunday, and they still say "shipping soon" Did your guys ever update from that status or you just randomly get them?[/QUOTE]

It can take a couple days for it to ship out. But you should still get them sometime before christmas.

They all come shrinkwrapped, they dont seem to have any damage, only noticed microscopic holes on ones shrinkwrap, got my full order today, I'm very pleased!

[quote name='tangytangerine']For those ordering Ghost Slayers Ayashi DVD & Kurokami BR in Warehouse Deals, remember that both only contain an english dub. It did notice something weird with Kurokami's DVD. Can anyone confirm that that version is sub-only?[/QUOTE]

Watching Ep1 of Ghost Slayers Ayashi right now to see if I want the other two volumes before they vanish; it has both English and Japanese spoken language and English or "Songs & Signs" Subtitles.

The only thing harder than trying to figure out how to properly open the Ayashi box is trying to get it to properly close back up. The artbook is really nice, but I like the empty cardboard box inside the most.

One of my two packages that was supposed to arrive today just showed up. Late presumptively because of Christmas, also a different UPS driver than before.

Pristine, factory sealed on Geass and Haruhi Vol. 1 bundles.

[quote name='Kerig']Watching Ep1 of Ghost Slayers Ayashi right now to see if I want the other two volumes before they vanish; it has both English and Japanese spoken language and English or "Songs & Signs" Subtitles.

The only thing harder than trying to figure out how to properly open the Ayashi box is trying to get it to properly close back up. The artbook is really nice, but I like the empty cardboard box inside the most.[/QUOTE]

Ghost slayers ayashi box comes with part two as well doesnt it? check the side.

[quote name='Hemi']Ghost slayers ayashi box comes with part two as well doesnt it? check the side.[/QUOTE]

Yep, 1 and 2. Just got my order today, came in two separate packages. Very impressed with the Ghost Slayers package, I had no idea it had two volumes until I opened it. And yes, it's difficult to open. I'll try watching a couple episodes tomorrow. Even if it's horrible, I don't regret spending $2 on it.

Ayashi box includes Volumes 1 & 2 (in two separate DVD cases), but part 2 and part 3 are each 2-disc sets, probably labeled as volume 3-4 and volume 5-6 respectively. The complete collection is 6 discs.

[quote name='Kerig']Ayashi box includes Volumes 1 & 2 (in two separate DVD cases), but part 2 and part 3 are each 2-disc sets, probably labeled as volume 3-4 and volume 5-6 respectively. The complete collection is 6 discs.[/QUOTE]

Oh thank goodness! Disaster averted.

[quote name='Blaster man']Are any of these things a complete series or are they all various parts?[/QUOTE]No, these are all single releases from about 5-6 years ago.

[quote name='Capocci 007']is Ghost Slayers actually good? For $2, I guess I can't pass up...[/QUOTE]

I'll leave the real judgement for those who are more into anime than myself (as of yet, the only series I've thoroughly enjoyed have been Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Blue Gender, and Outlaw Star...with a side of Gundam Wing) but...

Let's just say while I was watching Ayushi, I was more entertained by the peculiar smell of my "this pizza has been sitting out waaay too long; I think I'll freeze it for a week, then microwave/toaster oven combo it back to health and eat it for dinner" farts that were happening extensively throughout the viewing mere minutes after eating said pizza.

It's shit. The only reason to buy it is to pad out your collection with more cheap anime. If you're in it to actually watch the series, you could probably spend your $11 in much better places.

[quote name='Bioterror']Want to get a complete set of bebop and gurren lagann, but can't find a cheap lagann 3. Anyone know where I can find a cheap copy?[/QUOTE]FYE, MovieStop, or any other B&M used DVD store. If you're lucky.

[quote name='DNukem170']FYE, MovieStop, or any other B&M used DVD store. If you're lucky.[/QUOTE]

It literally depends on luck.

[quote name='Kerig']Watching Ep1 of Ghost Slayers Ayashi right now to see if I want the other two volumes before they vanish; it has both English and Japanese spoken language and English or "Songs & Signs" Subtitles[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up, as I was looking at the listings and saw dub-only in the details. Amazon really needs to correct it. As multiple volumes of Kurokami & Ghost Slayers have screwed up descriptions. Some say dub-only, others say sub-only and few others say dual audio. That can really hurt potential sales.

[quote name='Bioterror']Want to get a complete set of bebop and gurren lagann, but can't find a cheap lagann 3. Anyone know where I can find a cheap copy?[/QUOTE]

Where did you find a cheap 2?

Wait, is Gurren Lagann 2, UPC 669198804014 actually volumes 3 and 4? No wonder Bandai went out of business. Confusing as hell.

Wow got my box it was like Christmas morning and I'm 33 LOL. Gurren Lagann box is awesome, Ghost Slayer box is awesome didn't realize it had 2 volumes and manga + guide. MSG 00 v1 has 2 manga's Code Geass and My Otome Zwei are fine but not as impressive as the others. I think I'm ordering more Gundam for sure.

Anybody who has to have it can get Gurren part 3 used through Gohastings with coupon nutcracker for 70. I can't do it, but that is cheaper than Amazon by 30 bucks (it is 100 for new or used). Still absolutely absurd, and I wouldn't recommend. haven't done any comparison shopping on ebay or the like, though.

My big shipment just arrived, everything is pretty much in perfect condition.

On Haruhi, the LE 2-4 have a second DVD that has original broadcast order 1-14 on second discs. Was there not a second disc in the Volume 1 LE? If so, what was on it?
For those who are interested, that means you could just buy LE 2-4 and get every episode including those in volume 1 (although they would be subs only).

Hey I don't know if anyone has posted this yet or if I just got lucky but I ordered the regular vol 4 of Lucky Star and I just got it and it was actually the limited edition. Again not sure if this was just me being lucky or if they messed up on the listing.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I also ordered the LE of haruhi 2-4, so that I'd have a duplicate set to open. I'm sad though, because someone traded in a Limited Edition version of the first volume locally, but there was only 1 dvd. I was hoping to pick that up so that I could replace all of my 1 disc versions with the 2 disc sets.

Of course, now that I think about it, if the one disc it had was the bonus DVD that would be all I'd need. :cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ArthurDayne']On Haruhi, the LE 2-4 have a second DVD that has original broadcast order 1-14 on second discs. Was there not a second disc in the Volume 1 LE? If so, what was on it?
For those who are interested, that means you could just buy LE 2-4 and get every episode including those in volume 1 (although they would be subs only).[/QUOTE]
This is the internet, why didn't somebody point out that I'm an idiot sooner? ;)

I purchased Ghost Slayers and My Otome around 11pm last night and both came this afternoon. That was fast. Hey, for $4.38, these can't be THAT bad. Can they?

For anyone looking for Gurren Lagaan, if there is an anime convention near you I would try to look for it or the complete set there. If not, wait for FUNi to license rescue it. It will take alog while most likely, but it will be far cheaper.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']This is the internet, why didn't somebody point out that I'm an idiot sooner? ;)[/QUOTE]

I didn't know! But yeah, looking at it, the original LE came with only 1 DVD, so you missed out on the box, ribbon, and whatever cds it came with for no good reason! Assuming the price was right.

I received the Gurren Lagann LE Vol. 1 (with series box) today. I'm so glad I finally have this box to put all my individual singles inside....my set's re-sell value has gone up big time

[quote name='ArthurDayne']I didn't know! But yeah, looking at it, the original LE came with only 1 DVD, so you missed out on the box, ribbon, and whatever cds it came with for no good reason! Assuming the price was right.[/QUOTE]
What's even worse is that I own them all sealed, I could have simply looked at the contents listed on my own copy. :lol:
No big deal, I just wanted to replace my old regular editions with the multi disc sets, which I can now do. My copies came in today, and two of them were even in better shape than my old LEs were. Maybe I'll see if the bundles of vol 1 are still there so I can sell my old ones as a full set instead of just dumping the singles.

[quote name='United_Korea']i got all three $2.XX sets that come with t-shirts. probably won't even watch the dvds.[/QUOTE]

Which three come with shirts?

End up Spent more money

Picked Up .Hack/Roots vol. 2-6. I didn't know i had vol. 1 with ART BOX. Samurai deeper Kyo vol. 5 (i can't believed i missing vol. 5), Toward the Terra Part 1/2/3 for CHEAP :)

[quote name='onikage']Which three come with shirts?[/QUOTE]

Eureka Seven Vol. 3
My Otome Zwei Special Edition

Don't know about a 3rd $2 one, but there are plenty of $6.xx ones.

I'm surprised that this fire sale is still in-stock. Point me to the 3rd $2 shirt and I'll grab it.

[quote name='Meraxis']Hey I don't know if anyone has posted this yet or if I just got lucky but I ordered the regular vol 4 of Lucky Star and I just got it and it was actually the limited edition. Again not sure if this was just me being lucky or if they messed up on the listing.[/QUOTE]

Anyone else happen to order the regular edition and get the limited? If so I'm all over it! :D

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Quick question for everyone that ordered Haruhi. Were the inner contents (cd, dvd) of your volume 4 sealed?[/QUOTE]

Almost 100% sure that the inner contents aren't sealed. Just the seal around the outer box.

EDIT:
I bought all the Haruhi sets, but I'm leaving them sealed until I find time to sit down and watch them. :|
That being said I may be wrong.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Quick question for everyone that ordered Haruhi. Were the inner contents (cd, dvd) of your volume 4 sealed?[/QUOTE]

Mine weren't for Vol 4 (they were for 2 & 3).

[quote name='Kerig']Eureka Seven Vol. 3
My Otome Zwei Special Edition

Don't know about a 3rd $2 one, but there are plenty of $6.xx ones.

I'm surprised that this fire sale is still in-stock. Point me to the 3rd $2 shirt and I'll grab it.[/QUOTE]

Ordered the two $2 sets with shirts. $2 shirts always work.

That shirt that comes with My Hime or whatever it is called is worth the 2 for it anyways. Plus the box is cool and after I take the shirt out I'm going to hide stuff in the box.
I bought it for a friend as a gift and was surprised the shirt was xtra large for the friend I bought it for. Went ahead and bought myself a copy.

bread's done
Back