Amazon Wharehouse deals $2.18 anime (new, not used)

scarface333

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilman']Heads up, Eureka Seven Vol 9 SE (www.amazon.com/Eureka-Seven-Volume-Special-Edition/dp/B000SK5YXA/) does not include OST2 like Amazon description says. I received it today and the SE box does not mention the soundtrack, so it must be an Amazon error. I contacted CS and they gave me a refund (without having to send it back, probably not worth the hassle to them for such a cheap item).

I also ordered an additional Vol 3 SE since in my first one, a sticker between the outer and inner boxes had dislodged and the glue residue made it impossible to remove the contents without damaging the boxes. I was going to return it, but for $2 I just bought another one to keep sealed and will enjoy the shirt from the first.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Soundtrack part 2 is in volume 7. Maybe a copy/paste error? I

[quote name='Vash1306']Hope everyone knows how hard volume 11 of Eureka Seven is at a decent price :O[/QUOTE]

Don't I know it...I usually luck out at this mom and pop movie trade place but no luck. Sad really considering that is only volume I lack, and I have been looking forever. I did recently snag the rare FLAG vol.2 from that place last week, and purchased FLAG Vol.1 w/box from amazon whouse to complete my collection. Have yet to watch but I have maybe 10 bucks in the whole series.

Just got my stuff today. Hopefully everyone else that's ordered recently gets better packaging on their orders.

As I have to send back one of the Kurokami discs back due to poor packaging. Because they decided to stack the 2 Kurokami discs & My Otome Zwei LE and cram them into one small box. Which led to the Kurokami DVD on the bottom to have the back part of case & disc holder damaged and caused the disc to be knocked loose & have a ton of scratches.

Also it looks like the Kurokami discs might've been resealed. As they don't have the plastic wrapping that the My Otome Zwei disc does or the Hayate discs that I've ordered.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Just got my stuff today. Hopefully everyone else that's ordered recently gets better packaging on their orders.

As I have to send back one of the Kurokami discs back due to poor packaging. Because they decided to stack the 2 Kurokami discs & My Otome Zwei LE and cram them into one small box. Which led to the Kurokami DVD on the bottom to have the back part of case & disc holder damaged and caused the disc to be knocked loose & have a ton of scratches.

Also it looks like the Kurokami discs might've been resealed. As they don't have the plastic wrapping that the My Otome Zwei disc does or the Hayate discs that I've ordered.[/QUOTE]

Ouch! My order came in a HUGE box. I opened it up and it all the LE's were packed like a pallet, with cardboard bottom and plastic wrapped. One Lucky Star was semi-bent, but not very noticable.

[quote name='spiritdragon101']Well, just got another package and got the LE instead of the regular for Lucky Star Vol. 4 =) Pretty Happy[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaaaat! So we've got 3 success, in this thread, on getting LE and 3 or so getting normal? I'm so tempted to order another, just to try. I know I'll never get Vol 6 LE, but a full 1-5 would look better on the shelf :D

Seems banner of the stars II has been semi-added
vol 2: $2.18
vol 3: $6.68

vol 1 from third party ~$5+$3 shipping

Banner I has vol 1 and 3 for moderately cheap.
And crest looks expensive with 1, 4 on "sale"

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Ouch! My order came in a HUGE box. I opened it up and it all the LE's were packed like a pallet, with cardboard bottom and plastic wrapped. One Lucky Star was semi-bent, but not very noticable.

Whaaaaaaat! So we've got 3 success, in this thread, on getting LE and 3 or so getting normal? I'm so tempted to order another, just to try. I know I'll never get Vol 6 LE, but a full 1-5 would look better on the shelf :D[/QUOTE]

Got my LS volume 4 in today, but it was regular, not LE.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Ouch! My order came in a HUGE box. I opened it up and it all the LE's were packed like a pallet, with cardboard bottom and plastic wrapped. One Lucky Star was semi-bent, but not very noticable.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and also found out after talking to a CS rep. about it while filing for the return that they consider Amazon Warehouse Deals to be a 3rd party seller(even though it's got Amazon in the name).

Meaning that if you get something damaged or defective, you can't exchange it. If you want a replacement, hope it's still in stock at the same price & pay again to order the other copy while returning the defective one for a refund.

[quote name='ryosnk']Which is better haruhi or lucky star? Its been awhile since I seen anime/manga.[/QUOTE]

Lucky Star changed how I watch anime (opened me up to different genres than I ever would've considered watching. It was also the first series I ever watched subbed, and is only one of two series I would rather watch the subb over the dub).

Haruhi I haven't seen, but I only hear good things about season 1. Season 2 is supposedly a train wreck.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']
Haruhi I haven't seen, but I only hear good things about season 1. Season 2 is supposedly a train wreck.[/QUOTE]Season 2 was mainly a train wreck due to the Endless Eight episodes. The others were just fine and the movie made up for it.

As for which is better, that is YMMV, but it is probably easier to complete Haruhi than Lucky Star. Volume 6 and the Anime Legends set are super expensive and rare. Season 2 and Disappearence are rare and not cheap, but still less so than Lucky Star Volume 6.

Just needed somethings cleared up. And yes I've read through the whole thread. Just wanted to be sure here.

http://www.amazon.com/Gurren-Lagann-2/dp/B001AZ5IUQ/ref=pd_sim_mov_1

So this link and part 3 are subtitled only? And the only way to get the dubbed version is to get the crazy expensive limited edition part 2 & 3 plus the cheap part 1 LE? That or the anime legends version? Just confused a bit here and needed to see if you guys can help me clear this up.

And is this series truly widescreen?

Yea, that release is sub-only. Not sure about the sub version, but the hybrid and Anime Legends releases are in anamorphic widescreen.

[quote name='DNukem170']Yea, that release is sub-only. Not sure about the sub version, but the hybrid and Anime Legends releases are in anamorphic widescreen.[/QUOTE]

I have Vol. 1 of the sub-only and it's widescreen too. So no matter which version is purchased, it'll be in widescreen.

I had to go the subbed only route with Gurren Lagann since I was able to get part 2 and 3 cheap, but its killing me on the inside. :'(

The dub of Gurren Lagann is just so amazing IMO!

[quote name='tangytangerine']I have Vol. 1 of the sub-only and it's widescreen too. So no matter which version is purchased, it'll be in widescreen.[/QUOTE]
This^^

Gurren is available on Rightstuf right now for $37.49 for the complete collection, dub and sub. It's not the same price here and you don't get the extras, but it's certainly worth grabbing if you don't have it yet.

I was thinking about doing that and just putting that in the box to fill it out. Still haven't decided.

Considering grabbing the Z Gundam volumes, but trying to find out if it's the version I don't want.

Because I remember that one version had an issue where it used "dubtitles". Where it used the dub's script instead of the actual translated japanese dialogue. I know one version fixed it, but can't remember how to tell the difference.

Maybe someone who has bought them can confirm if these are or are not the version I'm trying to avoid.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Considering grabbing the Z Gundam volumes, but trying to find out if it's the version I don't want.

Because I remember that one version had an issue where it used "dubtitles". Where it used the dub's script instead of the actual translated japanese dialogue. I know one version fixed it, but can't remember how to tell the difference.

Maybe someone who has bought them can confirm if these are or are not the version I'm trying to avoid.[/QUOTE]

Based on my research so far, the Zeta singles and Anime Legends sets have corrected subtitles, while the initial big box release had the dubtitles.

[quote name='LawLessChaoz']What whole series are available for cheap?[/QUOTE]

Haruhi, kinda. It is still $25 but you get a ton of CDs and extras and stuff.

Gurren Lagann is also cheap if you don't mind not having a dub.

Gundam 00 Season 1 is cheap.

Everything else has one volume that is sky high in price.

Can someone please fix the title of this thread because that typo is bugging the hell out of me

I keep misreading and wondering when Amazon got a whorehouse.

[quote name='DNukem170']Haruhi, kinda. It is still $25 but you get a ton of CDs and extras and stuff.

Gurren Lagann is also cheap if you don't mind not having a dub.

Gundam 00 Season 1 is cheap.

Everything else has one volume that is sky high in price.[/QUOTE]

Gurren isn't available complete. Volume 3 is expensive.

Yeah, I picked up the cheap Gurren LE on here, and liked it so much that I was bummed when I saw the vol 3 price. Ended up buying the whole series in the anime legends box set.

Almost bit on Haruhi, but decided against it. Not having the full LE set would bother me if I like the series. Ghost Slayers Ayashi isn't even worth the cheap price.

My Otome Zwei is a by the numbers anime. It's a sequel, but the plot is contained. Something you can watch while being distracted with something else. Not bad at all really.

The Gurren Lagann Limited Edition is fantastic, don't even think about it. Love it for the box alone.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Considering grabbing the Z Gundam volumes, but trying to find out if it's the version I don't want.

Maybe someone who has bought them can confirm if these are or are not the version I'm trying to avoid.[/QUOTE]

Just the big special edition box that has all the extras has the dubtitles

I bought it when it first came out. It is just the series logo.

Got my package today. Got the LE for Lucky Star Vol. 4 too.

[quote name='LawLessChaoz']Can some provide link for the complete sets? I feel like I'm gonna make a mistake.[/QUOTE]

same here please. Nothing sucks more than buying an incomplete set.

[quote name='Kerig']FINALLY found the 3rd $2 T-shirt set:

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Vol. 6 LE $2.19

I have no clue what the shirt looks like (both Google and eBay have failed me today) but from what I read in the Amazon comments, it's an Adult Large.[/QUOTE]
ItemDescription

From Rightstuf's product page here.

If anyone is still riding the fence on Haruhi:

On rightstuf you can get the complete Haruhi Set for $30 which is $4 more than buying the season 1 LEs here and without the extra stuff.

Kind of a toss up if you want the whole series or are content with having a bunch of extras in favor or the complete series

EDIT: look at the post below: it's just the first season in my link. You spend less money on Amazon's box sets

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KonohaShinobi']Kind of a toss up if you want the whole series or are content with having a bunch of extras in favor or the complete series[/QUOTE]
This part seems a bit misleading, and I just wanted to clarify for anyone reading this post. The item on RS that you linked to is just the first season. It read as though you were saying that you'd get more of the show out of the Anime Legends set, but it's just the 4 discs of Season 1.

The only reason I could see wanting to spend $4 more for the one at RS is if you wanted to have it in the same style case as Season 2.

[quote name='Kerig']FINALLY found the 3rd $2 T-shirt set:

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Vol. 6 LE $2.19

I have no clue what the shirt looks like (both Google and eBay have failed me today) but from what I read in the Amazon comments, it's an Adult Large.[/QUOTE]

Showing $6.69 from Amazon Warehouse for me, and another (New) $4.97 from Transaction Holdings Retail, fulfilled by Amazon. Also see a seller called wherehouse. . .

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Showing $6.69 from Amazon Warehouse for me[/QUOTE]

Yeah, looks like quite a few of the $2 sets went up to $6 now. Nice looking logo shirt. I actually saw that pic around Google, but didn't realize it was volume 6 since the Gundam on the other side of the box isn't how Amazon shows it.

[quote name='DNukem170']I bought it when it first came out. It is just the series logo.

Got my package today. Got the LE for Lucky Star Vol. 4 too.[/QUOTE]

I also got the Limited Edition volume 4 of Lucky star when I ordered the standard.

[quote name='shawnmelo']I also got the Limited Edition volume 4 of Lucky star when I ordered the standard.[/QUOTE]

Congrats to all of you! I am jealous, but awesome some are getting it. Ok, I am going to try another and hope for the best, a double-dip of $7 isn't bad and I'm sure I could sell it to local anime shop for almost that price, considering Bandai/OOP.

I notice Amazon Warehouse still has 300~400 left. Everyone that got Lucky Star Vol.4 LE, did you order last month when sale first came up and there was 999+ in stock? I think, I didn't check this title but the Haruhi had 999+.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Congrats to all of you! I am jealous, but awesome some are getting it. Ok, I am going to try another and hope for the best, a double-dip of $7 isn't bad and I'm sure I could sell it to local anime shop for almost that price, considering Bandai/OOP.

I notice Amazon Warehouse still has 300~400 left. Everyone that got Lucky Star Vol.4 LE, did you order last month when sale first came up and there was 999+ in stock? I think, I didn't check this title but the Haruhi had 999+.[/QUOTE]

I literally ordered it yesterday and since I have amazon prime I got it today

I'm gonna guess it's not accidental w/ haruhi but they just have them all mixed together and dont differentiate between the LE or standard for thay particular part.

[quote name='shawnmelo']I literally ordered it yesterday and since I have amazon prime I got it today[/QUOTE]

It's probably because of your location, that's why you got it so early. Unless the Mailing Gods were looking at you with favor.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']This part seems a bit misleading, and I just wanted to clarify for anyone reading this post. The item on RS that you linked to is just the first season. It read as though you were saying that you'd get more of the show out of the Anime Legends set, but it's just the 4 discs of Season 1.

The only reason I could see wanting to spend $4 more for the one at RS is if you wanted to have it in the same style case as Season 2.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, alright that's confusing to call it a complete collection and just be the first season

Thanks for this!

[quote name='KonohaShinobi']Oh wow, alright that's confusing to call it a complete collection and just be the first season[/QUOTE]When it was first released it WAS the Complete Collection.

bread's done
Back