Amazon XBLA Deals: Undertow $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ionotropic']Is there a list of all the games on the Namco disc? Trying to decide between the two. I already have PacMan CE, so wondering if anything else fun is on the disc.[/QUOTE]

Classics:

Baraduke
Metro-Cross
Bosconian
Motos
Dig Dug II
Pac & Pal
Dig Dug Arrangement*
Pac-Mania*
Dragon Buster
Dragon Spirit
Pole Position*
Galaga '88
Pole Position II*
Galaga Arrangement*
Rally-X
Galaxian*
Rolling Thunder
Grobda
Sky Kid
King & Balloon
Sky Kid Deluxe
Mappy
Super Pac-Pan
The Tower of Druaga

XBLA:

Galaga Legions
Galaga
Pac-Man Championship Edition
Pac-Man
Ms. Pac-Man
Mr. Driller Online
Dig Dug
Xevious
New Rally-X

It's pretty fun, but I too recommend just getting Namco Collection for $10 more, it's so worth it.

Otherwise great deal I would get, but too late.

This is a really fun game. It's also super hard after the first stage and the Achievements are tough too, just so ya know. $5 is a great price anyway.

Wooooo AWESOME that Amazon can do this!

Thanks a bunc, Flak... I've been wanting this game since it released... but not at $10!

[quote name='mikek1975']For $10 more, get Namco Museum Virtual Arcade new at GameStop with Galaga Legions and 30 other games.

I'm not knocking the deal. Galaga Legions is definitely worth the $5. NMVA is an alternate route if you want to get more bang for your buck.[/QUOTE]

True -- just picked it up today.

This is great. Thanks. Kind of sucks though, since I am sitting on a lot of points. It might start to make the points less important.

[quote name='TJM254']flyers suck![/quote]

Very impressive statement. At times I agree with that. But I would never change my loyalty. 29 years and counting.

[quote name='Justin42']If I didn't just get my Namco Collection from the Gamedays sale I would've been all over this, but it's fantastic news..

Go Amazon![/QUOTE]

Same.

Great deal. Hopefully this'll last a few days. I'm going to wait and see if this ends up being the Arcade deal of the week since I have 400 points sitting on there.

The Namco Museum is a better deal, but I already have Pac-Man CE and the other games don't really interest me much.

[quote name='mikek1975']For $10 more, get Namco Museum Virtual Arcade new at GameStop with Galaga Legions and 30 other games.

I'm not knocking the deal. Galaga Legions is definitely worth the $5. NMVA is an alternate route if you want to get more bang for your buck.[/quote]

What he said.

God dammit, I'm torn now. I already have Pacman CE and Galaga Legions, should I get the Namco disc then...

Was I the only one who went "Sweet, I just need to run out and get some MS points...wait a minute..."

I'm not knocking the deal. Galaga Legions is definitely worth the $5. NMVA is an alternate route if you want to get more bang for your buck.[/quote]

Heh thanks. Mine is in the mail and won't arrive until Monday so I almost bought a game that I now own.

If this is a sign of things to come I may never find myself purchasing Mircosoft points again. Just wait it out until Amazon drops the price.

glad to see amazon is offering some xbla titles for sale.

will pass on this, but curious to see what they price drop in the future.

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']Can you still get achievements for each of the live arcade games?[/quote]
For games like Galaga Legions, Pac-Man CE, and the old school XBLA games, yes. There are no achievement points for the vintage games which are only on the NMVA disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrmagoo1974']Can you still get achievements for each of the live arcade games?[/QUOTE]

for the (8) XBLA games, yes.

it's actually 200 x 8 = 1600 achievement points, so if you like achievements, the Virtual Arcade is a great way to rack a bunch up.

It's sad that Amazon has better deals on XBLA games than Microsoft themselves. Actually, not said...hilarious.

And Amazon, with this one deal, has already beat most of the Deal of the Week deals on XBLA. I welcome Amazon in giving us actual deals now. I can stop relying on Microsoft to never lower prices.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Xbox Live Arcade Games

Museum Games

Arrangement Games

• Dig Dug Arrangement (2005)
  • Galaga Arrangement (2005)
  • Pac-Man Arrangement (2005)
ig.jpg
[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the list.

I bought it on Amazon because I already own most of those Namco games already. I'm glad to see Amazon do something like this, hoping for more in the future!

Uh oh, but...you can't have something on sale without charging a subscription fee. Doesn't Amazon know that?!?

Great to see them putting a great(imo) 800 point game half off already. My 2 cents about the NMVA, its fucking annoying installing to the HDD is useless, drives me crazy to listen to the disc drive when im just trying to play GL.

Nice deal. It actually saved me from buying the Namco collection because I already own most of the arcade games it comes with. I was going to get it for the older games but then I realized how many old game collections that I never play.

But for those that didn't buy these games when they came out then by all means buy the Namco collection because it includes the full 200 points for each of the main arcade games and that is a steal at 15 bucks.

[quote name='blackhole82']Game is hard as hell, but still awesome and looks great too.
00.gif
00.gif
[/quote]

Yeah, no kidding; not quite a "toss the controller" type of game, but pretty close sometimes. Ninja Gaiden was like that for me.

I'm not knocking the deal. Galaga Legions is definitely worth the $5. NMVA is an alternate route if you want to get more bang for your buck.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I got my copy of NMVA in the other day and have been playing the hell out of it. For some reason I was addicted to Xevious for a few hours.

Anyways, NVAM is worth every penny and if I didn't jump on that then I would've jumped on this deal. Definiteiy worth the $5 asking price.

Here's hoping for more great deals on Amazon!

yeah, i've been wanting Galaga Legions for a long time, but never wanted to pay full price. I got Namco Museum ($13.50 w/ coupon) for 3 reasons.
1) 30+ more games
2) 800 more gamer points
3) when I'm tired of it, I can sell/trade it for "something".
Number 3 is the main reason I don't like buying XBLA games. There aren't a lot of games I'll want to keep after I beat them, so I feel like I'm wasting my money if I can't resell or trade when I'm done.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Is there a list of all the games on the Namco disc? Trying to decide between the two. I already have PacMan CE, so wondering if anything else fun is on the disc.[/QUOTE]

The XBL Arcade Games that are on the NAMCO DISC (there are tons of other non-arcade games and for those that care those do not have achievements)

Pac-Man
Pac-Man: Championship Edition
Ms Pac-Man
Galaga
Galaga Legions
Mr. Driller Online
Xevious
New Rally X

another xbla game to my game library. 70+ now, thanks op! By the way, nmva is a good deal for the $15 price but I had most of those games already except for galaga legions and xevious so $4.97 was worth it to. cheers to amazon for this great deal and hope they continue this. If they do, this is where i'll buy my xbla games from now on.

YES. I was hoping Amazon would start doing this eventually, and it hasn't even taken a week! This definitely bodes well for the future. What's especially cool is that it isn't some throwaway game like Rally X or whatever. I'll probably buy this just on general principle (not that I disliked the game when I played the demo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back