Amazon XBLA Deals: Undertow $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='imacgod']How long will it take for the credit to arrive? I want to buy Flock dammit![/QUOTE]

"Qualifying customers will receive their credit within two business days after the qualifying order has been placed."

Amazing the info you can find when you actually read the details on the webpage :)

[quote name='imacgod']How long will it take for the credit to arrive? I want to buy Flock dammit![/QUOTE]

I noticed after I bought it that it would be 1 - 2 days... who knows, though!? I'll post once I get it.

[quote name='imacgod']How long will it take for the credit to arrive? I want to buy Flock dammit![/quote]

The thing said that you'll get an email in like 2 days that the $10 is available. So, you'll have to take the chance that Flock is still $10 in 2 days.

[quote name='SynGamer']Undertow was an internship project that was released for free when XBL crashed in Xmas of 07...i think.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. The intern game was Aegis Wing.

[quote name='SynGamer']Undertow was an internship project that was released for free when XBL crashed in Xmas of 07...i think.[/quote]

Undertow was in no way an internship project. You're thinking of Aegis Wings.

And so what if it was free then? Do you have a time machine where people can go back and get it for free? If not, then why even mention it? The current price is the best deal available at this time for it.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Wrong. The intern game was Aegis Wing.[/quote]
How the hell did i get Undertow then because i know i didn't pay for it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Undertow was in no way an internship project. You're thinking of Aegis Wings.

And so what if it was free then? Do you have a time machine where people can go back and get it for free? If not, then why even mention it? The current price is the best deal available at this time for it.[/quote]
I was going to elaborate and say that even at free the game wasn't worth it, but feel free to waste your money :)

[quote name='SynGamer']How the hell did i get Undertow then because i know i didn't pay for it.[/QUOTE]

It was a gift from Microsoft for all the down time from after Christmas. Because the servers kept crashing from all the new subscribers they gained through the holiday gift giving season.

[quote name='uglyteradon']It was a gift from Microsoft for all the down time from after Christmas. Because the servers kept crashing from all the new subscribers they gained through the holiday gift giving season.[/quote]
Yeah, i was right about the gift part, just wrong about the internship project part ;)

[quote name='Brak']It's good to know that you and I, individually, aren't the only ones... LIVE must be having some issues.

If anyone else is having trouble, please post.[/quote]

It wasn't from buying one of these deals, but I just had a problem with LIVE codes from Amazon not working too.

I received a 4000 MSP code from Amazon.com that was ordered for me from yourfree360games, and it did not work. My console said it was invalid, but the website was more specific, stating that it had already been used. I spent hours on the phone with Microsoft (who confirmed that someone else did redeem the code on that day, but couldn't help since I got it from Amazon), and Amazon, who couldn't help me because it wasn't my account that made the order.

If you purchased the points yourself, I think you should be able to call Amazon and get someone to help you.

[quote name='SynGamer']I was going to elaborate and say that even at free the game wasn't worth it, but feel free to waste your money :)[/quote]

Thanks, because we haven't heard enough people bitching about it for the past 8 pages of this thread. Your opinion on it somehow would outweigh the numerous other people who have already said the exact same thing page after page.

[quote name='SynGamer']Yeah, i was right about the gift part, just wrong about the internship project part ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah and I still hear about it from my roommate. Free is free... they could have not given us anything and then we'd all have something to complain about it.

Would have been funnier if they would have tried to pass off Aegis Wing or Yaris as gifts, though. I mean thank god that T-Rex game finally came out! I love all the free games that they give us, they have such a sick sense of humor.

I'd probably do that 1600 points thing since that makes it $15 (and there's no limit to how many points you can have on a Live account, right?)...

But I'm nervous to what with all the stories about these codes just not working.

Are they just sending the codes through email? Because if they are, that's totally insecure. I'd guess in that one case described above, someone just intercepted it and used it (and then even more common are all these "just won't accept it" errors).

Flock...nooooo. I played the demo on Playstation (and its on Steam too) and...I liked the graphics, at least theoretically, but I got sick of it by the second level.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Yeah and I still hear about it from my roommate. Free is free... they could have not given us anything and then we'd all have something to complain about it.

Would have been funnier if they would have tried to pass off Aegis Wing or Yaris as gifts, though. I mean thank god that T-Rex game finally came out! I love all the free games that they give us, they have such a sick sense of humor.[/quote]
Hey, the T-rex (Doritos?) game has easy achievements at least :D

[quote name='Wolfpup'](and there's no limit to how many points you can have on a Live account, right?)...

Because if they are, that's totally insecure. I'd guess in that one case described above, someone just intercepted it and used it (and then even more common are all these "just won't accept it" errors).[/QUOTE]

There isn't a limit on how many points you can have registered to your gamertag. Also, after purchasing any of the X-Box Live codes (including points) it brings you to a screen where you can view the code, print it off, send it to a friend, or email to yourself.

They are also emailing the discount, too.

[quote name='SynGamer']Hey, the T-rex (Doritos?) game has easy achievements at least :D[/QUOTE]

Totally! It was jawsome!

Umm...another thought here. Is it possible to apply the ECA discount? It looks like if I click "Buy and Get Code" for the 1600 points, it'll probably just buy it right then with no chance for me to enter my code?

[quote name='uglyteradon']There isn't a limit on how many points you can have registered to your gamertag. Also, after purchasing any of the X-Box Live codes (including points) it brings you to a screen where you can view the code, print it off, send it to a friend, or email to yourself.

They are also emailing the discount, too.[/QUOTE]

Cool! Okay, that's a good way to do it.

[quote name='uglyteradon']There isn't a limit on how many points you can have registered to your gamertag. Also, after purchasing any of the X-Box Live codes (including points) it brings you to a screen where you can view the code, print it off, send it to a friend, or email to yourself.

They are also emailing the discount, too.[/QUOTE]

Cool! Okay, that's a good way to do it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Umm...another thought here. Is it possible to apply the ECA discount? It looks like if I click "Buy and Get Code" for the 1600 points, it'll probably just buy it right then with no chance for me to enter my code?[/quote]

You do have a chance to enter a promo code/gift card # right before you buy it, but the ECA codes arent working.

I tried to use one for Flock and it said that it wasn't valid for this order :whistle2:(

[quote name='joeyd07']You do have a chance to enter a promo code/gift card # right before you buy it, but the ECA codes arent working.

I tried to use one for Flock and it said that it wasn't valid for this order :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Dang, well thanks!

Hee hee, that would have made the 1600 points $11 (more or less) :lol:

EDIT: Well, I went ahead and bought 1600 points. Tried the ECA code just for the heck of it (in case they started allowing them in the last 5 minutes ;) ). Didn't work, but the code it generated is transmitted securely (unless you email it to yourself). I cut and pasted it into Xbox.com, and it accepted it just fine.

For those you can't get their points code to work -

I would say the Xbox live side handling the codes is down.

My order for a code just timed out and amazon sent me to my accounts order page where it shows as an open order with the status "Currently being processed".

Also I was able to get a flock code but the XBL Marketplace website says "An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later." when I try to redeem the code.

Last edited by a moderator:
How exactly do you get the credit when buying the point cards? Have a couple buddies who could use these, but the promo isn't clearly explained enough anywhere, so I don't want to point them to it until I know how it works. There's a link on the right side of the video games main page that is supposed to be for the promo, but it keeps taking me to the New Xbox Experience page instead.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I finally got my code to work about 20 min ago.[/QUOTE]
How?

[quote name='Brak']How?[/QUOTE]

I just cut and pasted mine in to Xbox.com (for 1600 points) maybe an hour ago. Thankfully it worked on the first try.

Flock for $10 is my price, so in for that. Debating on the points cards, since $5 free is nice... but between the Watchmen movie cash and the $.20 error, I'm set.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']If I buy two 1600 pts card I get $10 off, why do Amazon even bother to have that 4000 pts deal?[/quote]
Limit one credit per household.

[quote name='stoned99']So can I buy multiple 1600 points cards and get multiple 5$ bonuses?[/quote]

One credit per household...

Probably will pick up the 4000 points for the $10 credit.

Might get Flock at 800, it's a creative game, the loose controls seem like they would get annoying.

For Undertow the whole single player campaign is just like the demo, so if you liked the demo you will like the single player. The game is really a multiplayer game, but I assume the online community is now dead. It was fun to play when there were actually people playing.

I wonder if the discount code is transferable? Could I buy the 4000 pts, give the Amazon discount code to my wife and then she might get both $10 off now and then another $10 code?

[quote name='G-Nitro']I finally got my code to work about 20 min ago.[/QUOTE]

I typed in the code for 4000 points earlier and just came back to my page (on x-boxlive.com). I noticed that I had 4000 more points then last time I checked some even though earlier it said it didn't work... it eventually did.

I dunno I just though that was weird but at least it worked.

Bought a 1600 pts code and Flock. So far the Flock code has just been erroring out on Xbox.com. I'm wondering if their server is getting hammered or if there is a problem on Amazon's end activating the codes.

In for a 1600 card. I think anyone that ever buys stuff off the marketplace should pick at least this card up to support CAG and to tell Amazon that these new live arcade sales are great.

Jumped on Flock, I'd been on the fence about it, and was considering a gameshare group for it on PSN, but 10 is perfect for it.

Couldn't get the code to work, but it looks like everyone is having that problem, so hopefully it'll work in a little bit.

I'd try the demo for Flock before buying. $10 seems really high for it to me (especially since you can't sell it/don't really own it, and can buy real full games for that price). It looks visually really appealing (going by the PS3 version) but geez the gameplay is just annoying. I mean something like that I figure I'd get stuck or irritated before the end of the game, but this only took me a level or two :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back