Amazon's Holiday Deals Calendar: Cyber Monday Deals Week

I can't launch into amazon. Keep getting a website 404 error, guess BF online peeps are out in full force now.

Edit: nvm. Seems the CAG link I had open wasn't reloading. Just reclicked the link and amazon ipened again.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are a bit better, after constantly chekcing the last week of nothing.

I just got a Vita. Does any one know if its possible to claim the Vita verison of a cross-buy game and then sell the physical copy? Will my Vita copy be tied to my account for future download? Most of the Google results were conjecture, with no real experience backing.
The Vita version is part of "disc benefits", which can only be accessed from a PS3 (not sure how PS4 cross buy will work). After I downloaded All Stars it remained in the download list/history on my PS3 & Vita.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/11/playstation-all-stars-battle-royal-how-to-get-your-free-vita-version/

They did it last year for the PS3/Xbox 360 Holiday bundles. I would assume they will list it in the deals calendar later.
Nice. I've got my eye on this one. I've got a few TrackIf alerts set up, but those won't do me any good if I'm passed out in a turkey induced coma tomorrow. Want to be ready to pull the trigger.

What do you think the chances are of Amazon matching ebay's Wii U console deal ($259 for Wii U 32GB, Nintendo Land, and Super Mario)?

Amazon has been slacking for the last couple years. Last great deal I remember was the Great AssCreed Vita Bundle sale of yesteryear.

People are really upset over Amazon charging tax huh? Do people not pay taxes at other stores? 

As someone that normally has a 9.25% sales tax, it's still cheaper to buy on Amazon. But it is disappointing that their "deals" are the same as everyone else's. 

They didn't "implement sales tax."  They charge sales tax in any state where they have a physical location (because that's how federal law works regarding state sales tax).  If you suddenly had to start paying sales tax, then they either built a distro facility in your state or they purchased a company that has a physical operation there.

Or your state passed a law to collect sales tax on online purchases made from and/or delivered to addresses in-state, regardless of where they ship from.

Or your state passed a law to collect sales tax on online purchases made from and/or delivered to addresses in-state, regardless of where they ship from.
States don't have the power to do that under current federal law - they only have the power to collect sales tax directly from the individual in that case (most states do this via a simple question on your state income taxes to which everyone responds "nope, sure didn't make any out of state purchases"). Quill v. North Dakota (504 U.S. 298) was a Supreme Court decision (regarding mail order catalogs back in the day) that determined that states only have the jurisdiction to collect sales tax from businesses who have a physical presence in their state. The ongoing Congressional debate about passing an "internet sales tax" is the debate over whether to overturn Quill v. ND legislatively.

States don't have the power to do that under current federal law - they only have the power to collect sales tax directly from the individual in that case (most states do this via a simple question on your state income taxes to which everyone responds "nope, sure didn't make any out of state purchases"). Quill v. North Dakota (504 U.S. 298) was a Supreme Court decision (regarding mail order catalogs back in the day) that determined that states only have the jurisdiction to collect sales tax from businesses who have a physical presence in their state. The ongoing Congressional debate about passing an "internet sales tax" is the debate over whether to overturn Quill v. ND legislatively.
Wow, thank you for that. I feel better informed now. (Seriously)

But states can change the definition of what constitutes having a location. Virginia went for a law that says consumers have to pay tax if you have any physical location in the state; not just a retail store. So distribution centers, offices, server farms, etc would trigger it. (EDIT: Also North Carolina looked at if a marketplace vendor based in the state would trigger it.)

Amazon responded by saying fuck it and taking advantage of paying taxes anyway to expand their physical presence with more distribution centers.

Tales of xillia 2 is what I want on the list. Most likely it'll be $20 to match GS, hopefully theres some other games I wanted like fairy fencer on sale thats not on the list, don't want to pay for shipping you know. To bad GS has tales of hearts r exclusively I would of gotten that as well oh well, maybe ps store have it on BF.

Vita games for $30. Plus Shipping so $35.

Kinda shitty amazon. Pretty sure you can find most of those games for $5 off on a regular basis.

I don't see it now too. I thought we were going to stay up together.
I'm in the same boat, was going to wait to go to bed to get it but now it's gone. Oh well, Amazon's loss if they do not bring it back. Like the OP says "Amazon will sometimes change the starting time, remove, or add new deals."

I have around a $100 in credit but nothing really of interest. Thanks Amazon : [

Is the $329 AC Xbone bundle really their only sale on the system? I thought they said it would be the lowest price ever and $150 of digital stuff.

Any chance for BF deals on gaming chairs because I just bought one

Last edited:
So, Shadow of Mordor seems to have been pulled down. I think Amazon is just checking the public trend and doing the opposite of it.

Xbox One has dropped to $330 but no extras.

Edit: I wonder if I should just buy it.  Looks like the best Amazon will do unless they do a Lightning deal.

bread's done
Back