Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not even sweating wave 4. This whole Amiibo thing has been a rollercoaster ride I have no interest in getting on again. Imagine if Rockstar did this shit with their products. "Here's Grand Theft Auto 6. Better pre-order within these 2.3 minutes or you may never have a chance to get it - EVER". I used to love Nintendo because it's what I grew up on, but now I simply tolerate them because it's no longer about making good products that everyone can enjoy - it's about how frantic they can drive their fanbase before they end up like me (eg. 2006 Wii hysteria, Amiibo BS, ANY Collectors Edition Zelda - games or handhelds, Metroid Prime Trilogy/Xenoblade)
So let me get this right your not a Nintendo fan because of their scarcity business model...why don't you just simply give up on amiibos or collector edition of products.. You make it seem like you couldn't get kirby and the rainbow curse or something... Sure Nintendo could do better but Mindoro has a wayyy bigger/generational gap than Rockstar there price points are good... Don't stop being a fan just buy zelda mm instead of Zelda mm collectors edition

Sonic and Megaman being on the common side makes me have hope that Pacman will be, too. Since he and Wario are all I want from Wave 4, I think it'll be a fairly easy one. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to domestically preorder by now.

Not now that Gamestop commissioned a reprint for exclusivity, but back in the last 2000s, MPT was going for insane amounts because they were popular to get. I remember... I was trying to get one
MPT, Xenoblade, and every Zelda system until this one were all plentiful at launch, and for weeks or months afterward. They only started going for crazy amounts way way after the fact.

Japan is supposedly getting a reprint of Villager, Little Mac and Captain Falcon in...May...I believe? Considering the only thing different on the figures is packaging it makes sense that Nintendo would produce some more for other territories. It may be a small numbered reprint but still, I do see it happening.
Ya your totally right... Man I can't wait till April/May looks like Nintendo is about to do some huge things.

So let me get this right your not a Nintendo fan because of their scarcity business model...why don't you just simply give up on amiibos or collector edition of products.. You make it seem like you couldn't get kirby and the rainbow curse or something... Sure Nintendo could do better but Mindoro has a wayyy bigger/generational gap than Rockstar there price points are good... Don't stop being a fan just buy zelda mm instead of Zelda mm collectors edition
Don't get me wrong, I have a 3DS to play games like Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and A Link Between Worlds, but I'd rather spend my hard-earned money on Playstation or Xbox products because they don't have as big of a "screw you" mentality as Nintendo. I very much enjoy Smash for Wii U, but I'll just play it on my sister's Wii U. Nintendo, IMHO, just doesn't deserve my $300.

I'm not saying I don't like their products, but you wouldn't go back to Jiffy Lube if they stripped your catalytic converter off for resell when you went in for an oil change, would you?

Zero Punctuation put it best, "Nintendo is like a stripper - they don't like you, but they'll pretend to to get your money"

There's a Wii Fit Trainer on Amazon. It looks like it's USA but there's no way in telling from the pics since it doesn't show the front of the box and it doesn't say if it is or not. It's up for 21 and some change im tempted to buy it

Not now that Gamestop commissioned a reprint for exclusivity, but back in the last 2000s, MPT was going for insane amounts because they were popular to get. I remember... I was trying to get one
Actually hundreds of them sat on the Best Buy shelves for almost a year. They were probably recalled. No one ever cares until it's rare and the price goes up. Xenoblade was easy to buy for months, too.

There's a Wii Fit Trainer on Amazon. It looks like it's USA but there's no way in telling from the pics since it doesn't show the front of the box and it doesn't say if it is or not. It's up for 21 and some change im tempted to buy it
It's the EU version. It also has around $7 shipping.

Definitely says it's from a company in Berlin...

I'm not even sweating wave 4. This whole Amiibo thing has been a rollercoaster ride I have no interest in getting on again. Imagine if Rockstar did this shit with their products. "Here's Grand Theft Auto 6. Better pre-order within these 2.3 minutes or you may never have a chance to get it - EVER". I used to love Nintendo because it's what I grew up on, but now I simply tolerate them because it's no longer about making good products that everyone can enjoy - it's about how frantic they can drive their fanbase before they end up like me (eg. 2006 Wii hysteria, Amiibo BS, ANY Collectors Edition Zelda - games or handhelds, Metroid Prime Trilogy/Xenoblade)
Are you seriously implying Metroid Prime Trilogy was hard to get? Really?

K-Mart was selling it for $5 with the purchase of Other M! It was basically rotting on shelves. It wasn't until Nintendo said it was OOP that prices went up. Xenoblade was also easy as hell to get for the first six or seven months it was out. Just like with MPT, no one wanted it until it had become "rare".

I wonder is anyone else getting tired of seeing the " I just saw a full set of sonic amiibos at my store" "I just now saw a bunch of sonics at my store" "mega man is common" "sonic is common" Like every other comment in this thread seems to be about how common sonic and mega man are, we know people its been like that for a few weeks. No one cares lol. So stop with the same comment stuff, we get it their common, they can be found in stores. Ok. Shit is honestly looking like spam.

I wonder is anyone else getting tired of seeing the " I just saw a full set of sonic amiibos at my store" "I just now saw a bunch of sonics at my store" "mega man is common" "sonic is common" Like every other comment in this thread seems to be about how common sonic and mega man are, we know people its been like that for a few weeks. No one cares lol. So stop with the same comment stuff, we get it their common, they can be found in stores. Ok. Shit is honestly looking like spam.
Just like your screen name there freshgamers.... Let them comment you can always ignore

I don't think there's been an actual amiibo alert on this thread in the longest time.  I think that's partly because lately there really haven't been any of note besides like Gold Mario, but it does kind of suck that reddit or nowinstock is more helpful then CAG for amiibos...

With all this talk about reprints coming (ie. Marth), how come no mention of Wii Fit Trainer? Maybe she'll be the rarest of them all? Yoga pants ftw?

Right, there was a panic that Fox was rare so everyone bought up every last one they could find. No panic that Sonic was rare, so he's on all the shelves.
There was panic for sonic and MegaMan, I thought since it only had one month plus Nintendo had to pay Sega and Capcon it was gonna be somewhat uncommon... So happy to be wrong, can't wait to paint them both

I'm sure this glitch only applied to a small number of people. Certainly didn't hit my account. I'm showing the amiibo purchases but with standard point credit
Aw man, I actually ended up ordering two Lucario Amiibos. Would've been awesome to see a $2000 "purchase" given back in points.

Im mad I just woke up. Gonna be a little deep in the line at Nintendo world. Still gotta get ready by the time im there it's gonna be like 8:30 since the NJ Path runs dumb on weekends

Anyone at NWS? How big is the line? Heard it was gathering steam at like 5:30AM.

Hopefully someone who doesn't need all 5 from today can grab it as an extra for me, since I'm basically missing all 5, though Lucario is the one I'm most after.

FYI there's now a Mario Party 10 + Gold Mario amiibo on walmart.com ... says out of stock, but I don't think it's gone live yet

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mario-Party-10-Wii-U-and-Gold-Mario-Amiibo/43913004

you might want to try through the Walmart app (I have android) - the preorder button is live but I get an error... on the desktop and mobile sites it just says out of stock.

as a side note, how the hell is the Gold Mario *never* the first item listed when you search walmart.com for "gold mario amiibo".... no matter how I sort the results, it's always like 10 items down

Really, dude? Someone's gonna wait 5 hours in the freezing weather and send a rare one-per-person amiibo to some random dude on the internet?

Which ones are coming out today? I try to follow this thread as much as possible but fail at keeping up sometimes.
think they were getting Rosalina, Shulk, Lucario, Ike, and DeDeDe, but someone posted a pic of the line and it's just insane.

Nintendo really should just take money up front for rare ones on their online store and then just make as many as they get orders for.

It would take a few months to fulfill the orders but they would be able to meet demand finally.

Nintendo really should just take money up front for rare ones on their online store and then just make as many as they get orders for.

It would take a few months to fulfill the orders but they would be able to meet demand finally.
They would never alienate brick and mortar stores. They want you to come in to a store looking for an amiibo, and have you leave with some kind of software. Software is their main concern.

Really, dude? Someone's gonna wait 5 hours in the freezing weather and send a rare one-per-person amiibo to some random dude on the internet?
Some guy was doing that last week here and if someone wasn't going purchase it otherwise, I don't see the problem if they where there anyways. Some people don't mind helping others.

think they were getting Rosalina, Shulk, Lucario, Ike, and DeDeDe, but someone posted a pic of the line and it's just insane.
Thanks. Not really a collector of these, but there are a couple I wouldn't mind buying but none of those you listed though. My daughter got enough games for Xmas that she doesn't need anymore right now. But since a lot of these seem to be snatched up at release I am keeping an eye out for any ones of interest.

Anyone at NWS? How big is the line? Heard it was gathering steam at like 5:30AM.

Hopefully someone who doesn't need all 5 from today can grab it as an extra for me, since I'm basically missing all 5, though Lucario is the one I'm most after.
Good luck on that the lines so big I doubt anyone's in the mood for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back