Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got out of class and didn't know Wave 4 was planning to go up today. Is everything not available at this time for GS in store order? There's a lot going on in this thread and some post say they were able to get certain amiibos when others said they're OOS and back and forth. 

I just got out of class and didn't know Wave 4 was planning to go up today. Is everything not available at this time for GS in store order? There's a lot going on in this thread and some post say they were able to get certain amiibos when others said they're OOS and back and forth.
Pacman is available at GS. That 3 pack is also available. The rest are sold out.

Heard a rumor that Greninja pre-orders start between 7 and 9 am eastern tomorrow. If that is true I guess I will be going to the store at opening on release day because I'm usually just waking up around that time.

Walked into my GS a half hour ago and got a Ness. Should have been a happy experience but the salesman was being a total D-bag about me not wanting the Splatoon figures (cause I can't have my own opinion). He thought I was crazy because I wasn't interested in buying that game and the figures....JUST RING UP MY fuckING NESS!!!!

Only places really OOS is bestbuy all wave 4 for now, WIS GameStop orders, and jigglypuff at Target for now.

Finally made it to GS about 5:00 pm CT and got Pac-Man and Ness but Fire Emblem characters were long gone.

About 1:00 pm CT BB had Pac-Man and literally sold out of Wario as I tried to put it in my cart.

I know its probably in this thread, but as always this thing exploded with new pre-orders. Can anyone tell me when BB first put these up for pre-order and when the FE characters went OOS?

Thanks for the polite response.

The irritating issue to me is that Smash Bros (the only amiibos I'm interested in so far - except for Yarn Yoshi!) will remain around full MSRP for at least a year. And yet, Nintendo is under producing the Smash Bros amiibos beyond belief. If the game were a niche game and only expected to reach a very small market, then one would understand a short run of accompanying amiibos. But this is doing nothing but creating a giant mess within their market.
Most products Nintendo make remain at full MSRP for years.

Only pacman at Gamestop in-store ordering so far, gamestop.com hasn't held preorders yet. Neither has Amazon.com or TRU.

The irritating issue to me is that Smash Bros (the only amiibos I'm interested in so far - except for Yarn Yoshi!) will remain around full MSRP for at least a year. And yet, Nintendo is under producing the Smash Bros amiibos beyond belief. If the game were a niche game and only expected to reach a very small market, then one would understand a short run of accompanying amiibos. But this is doing nothing but creating a giant mess within their market.
Nintendo knows what they're doing. Resellers are what's helping them sell out and what's helping their hype. They don't care about the short term profits they're missing out on, they're basically guaranteeing that they'll sell out of almost every Amiibo. And given what's happened so far with Wave 4, they're right.

Just finished getting my 2nd Ness at Gamestop 15 minutes ago. Pretty successful day as I was able to get 2 of each that I needed. Including Jigglypuff, Robin, and Lucina. Hope the Greninja tomorrow won't be too bad.
Just was able to get extra ness' robin and lucina was gone

I was third in line. Got to place my order at 345 CST... Was told that only ness, charizard and pacman were available...

FU GameStop

i stood in line for 3 and a half hours at Game Stop not bad to get Ness Charizard and Pac-Man enjoyed the time with a bunch of kool people ;)

I think I can make it to Gamestop in an hour. Hopefully I can get a Ness. Not sure about that Splatoon 3 pack though...if it isn't a Gamestop exclusive I'd much rather get it at Best Buy with GCU.

Cant decide if there's any wave 4's I really want.  Ness and Pacman might be neat but I'm certainly not spending hours trying to get one...unless you guys think any might become rare enough that they could be tradeable for a Meta Knight?

I think I can make it to Gamestop in an hour. Hopefully I can get a Ness. Not sure about that Splatoon 3 pack though...if it isn't a Gamestop exclusive I'd much rather get it at Best Buy with GCU.
Ness is out of stock in store already

Second in line and just got Ness.  Had my little girl with me and after two hours of waiting I figured I just order Ness since Lucina and Robin were sold out.

I'm confused, is GS out of Ness or not? If it's still available, I'll make a quick trip to GS. Went at 3 today and left cause I wasn't about to stick around and wait on the system to work.

Most products Nintendo make remain at full MSRP for years.
Exactly! Smash Bros and Mario Party (no clue about splatoon) are going to be selling as first party big name games for at least a year. Amiibos are accessories to those games - don't make a game that utilizes accessories only to NOT have the accessories available as long as the game.

Nintendo knows what they're doing. Resellers are what's helping them sell out and what's helping their hype. They don't care about the short term profits they're missing out on, they're basically guaranteeing that they'll sell out of almost every Amiibo. And given what's happened so far with Wave 4, they're right.
True on the resellers, no question. However, I disagree with Nintendo knowing what they're doing in this case. Overseas, amiibos are sold in a much more accurate ratio for supply/demand. Here, we're not so fortunate.

I keep telling myself not to be disappointed about Marth. And Ike. And Rosalina. And WiiFit Instructor. And Villager :bursts into tears:. And Little Mac. And... well, you get the idea. I tell myself that in a few years, i'll find them used at GS or 2nd and Charles or where ever. But we've all played this tune before; they may not lose their value and get traded in, they may wind up going up in value and holding firm.

Waited at GameStop for an hour, there were 3 of us there. Got the bundle cause it was easier to get than the 3 I needed, also got the Splatoon 3pk as well.

Got Pacman, Charizard, and Wario at Best Buy even though I don't see those being rare.

More than likely will be, especially on release date. Its happened with almost every rare item Target has stocked lately, it'll come in stock for like anywhere from 1 minute to 10 on release morning
I know I waited at the store to get Rosalina only to come home and order some online. Also got my Majoras Mask 3ds xl on target.com. I think Jigglypuff and Gerninja will be like most exclusives though I think Ness will be the rarest.

You snooze you lose
More like if you stand in store for hours the system crashes and you lose. I can't complain since I had class and showed up late, but atleast I got Ness and Charizard, plus Pacman from BB.

Pretty BS for people that camped out since opening that couldnt even get an order in because it instantly crashed and sold out

More like if you stand in store for hours the system crashes and you lose. I can't complain since I had class and showed up late, but atleast I got Ness and Charizard, plus Pacman from BB.

Pretty BS for people that camped out since opening that couldnt even get an order in because it instantly crashed and sold out
Agreed here... I mean this was really... wow...

Well I got Wario, Pacman, Ness and the Splatoon linup.  Still thinking of downsizing and ignoring ones I don't like....  Really don't like the look of Pokemon characters and I don't care about Fire Emblem.

Went to Gamestop at 3:30pm. Guy said everyone was helped eventually (this was the store I left at 45 mins of nothing happening) and everyone got a Ness. Only Pac-man was left.

Just curious is Splatoon's set still in stock? I'm probably gonna get them, but I just cant imagine them being so rare that I couldnt snag them on Amazon or even Best Buy. And I really didnt feel like adding another 30$+ out of pocket today

I was 3rd in line and I saw the first guy's heart gradually break(over the course of 2 hours) as figure after figure went OOS from his order, he ended up just getting Ness even though he wanted the FE dudes and Wario as well. I only wanted the Ness so I was glad to get it and cross it off the list.

I got Robin and Lucina from Best Buy, so if worse comes to worse, I can always try to trade either one for a Ness since he's the one I wanted the most. Hopefully I can snag one once they go online at GS. 

yeah Ness went oos for me. Sometime between 6:15-6:18pm et.  The guy before me got Ness.  The cashier elected to type my info rather than scanning pur to autofill; said it's faster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back