Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing I find interesting about this listing, is that the receipt proves that they did traditional in-store preorders at EBGames in Canada instead of that WIS crap that GS did here in the US. I still think they will do standard in-store preorders here in the US once they have a better idea of how many each store will get.

Making friends with the amiibo savvy worker is such a good idea. It's almost like I text people when something comes in or do the card preorders for them. I've met a few people I'd call friends because they're in often and talk to me like I'm a human. Treat people well and they'll be awesome sometimes.
It's amazing how many people don't understand how this works.

Some people curse and swear at Nintendo, the retail stores, or think they just consistently have the worst luck. It turns out workers just don't feel like helping undesirables or assholes. Try being nice to people, make friends, and go out of your way to help others every now and then.

Reporting people for selling things on Ebay? Some of you guys are laughably pathetic lol. :rofl:
Well they don't have anything to sell, and they don't have any clue what will be common or not, so prices are based on wild speculation. If that's how you like to do business, you go ahead and roll on the floor laughing you dog. People like dumb animals.

Well they don't have anything to sell, and they don't have any clue what will be common or not, so prices are based on wild speculation. If that's how you like to do business, you go ahead and roll on the floor laughing you dog. People like dumb animals.
I think it's more about how reporting does nothing and if people are dumb enough to buy it, then let them. Some people see the world and just live in it...others live in the world and want to change it

it's funny that you think you've made a point here. Sellers don't have a clue what will be common? Sellers like to do business by selling things for profit? haha ok.

On the flip side, why do you care so much what people do with their time? Does it affect you?
Not to get nitpicky, but that could also be said for some thug who beats up some random person a few blocks away from you. It doesn't affect you, but doesn't mean you can't care about it, if it's against something you personally believe in.

Think I'm 20K, to add some relevancy to my post I just want PAC-man from this wave and I'm hoping on Amazon to put up pre orders soon

Amazon.ca has pacman preorder and splatoon single packs still available. Won't ship to US. 

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00V86BRK2/ref=s9_pop_gw_g63_i2?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0V8TTEKVCPWBB8ERGGJY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1375923962&pf_rd_i=915398

My local walmart got 4 gold mario today. I got one. The others were gone very quickly. If you ask someone with a scanner gun thingie they can scan the number to tell you if more might be coming to your store. An employee told me that the upc says it's deleted so if there aren't any coming there probably aren't any more ever coming. (and there aren't any more coming to my store)

yes, reporting a scalper on ebay is comparable to someone getting their ass kicked irl. I guess its the same as rape and murder as well.
I didn't say they were the same. I was merely trying to establish that it is untrue that people shouldn't care about things that don't affect them. People should(and do) care about things that affect them every single day. It is perfectly normal, and there is nothing wrong with it.

I don't think it is either, but maybe people think it sets a bad precedent to report people, or reflects bad about the reporting party, and it bothers them.

I personally don't care that much, but I do think reporting scalpers is pretty low. Mainly because it's motivated by jealousy. People will try to act noble and front like they are reporting it because "it is against guidelines" but they are jealous someone is making a profit off of something they don't have, and they know it.

I don't think it is either, but maybe people think it sets a bad precedent to report people, or reflects bad about the reporting party, and it bothers them.

I personally don't care that much, but I do think reporting scalpers is pretty low. Mainly because it's motivated by jealousy. People will try to act noble and front like they are reporting it because "it is against guidelines" but they are jealous someone is making a profit off of something they don't have, and they know it.
I dunno, maybe people just think its a shitty thing to do. I have all amiibo out and everything on preorder but one and i think its pretty shitty to do. No jealousy here.

People are mostly reporting because they are selling pre-orders for items they wont have in the proper time to ship and that's against ebay TOS. Its not like they are reporting every list of in stock ready to ship items to try and get them removed.

Wow, I shouldn't have been surprised, but still WOW. Verbal confirmation from a big N bigwig that this scrambling scarcity nightmare is entirely Nintendo's fault and (more importantly) intentional. That's hurtful. I guess I didn't want to believe it.

Making amiibo so cheap in the first place is part of why demand can be pushed to unnaturally high levels. Making them cheaper and random on top of that are the conditions for insanity. McDonald's brand of business practices and sterling customer service promises that they will likely be the worst handler of all time.

It may finally be time to start voting with my money. They've already released the Hoenn and Majora's Mask remakes, and the newer titles hold no similar sway to prevent my departure from the brand. It'll go against the collector and Nintendo fan in me, but a boycott may very well be called for in response to the hardship. :/

Wow, I shouldn't have been surprised, but still WOW. Verbal confirmation from a big N bigwig that this scrambling scarcity nightmare is entirely Nintendo's fault and (more importantly) intentional. I guess I didn't want to believe it.

Making amiibo so cheap in the first place is part of why demand can be pushed to unnaturally high levels. Making them cheaper and random on top of that are the conditions for insanity. McDonald's brand of business practices and sterling customer service promises that they will likely be the worst handler of all time.

It may finally be time to start voting with my money. They've already released the Hoenn and Majora's Mask remakes, and the newer titles hold no similar sway to prevent my departure from the brand. It'll go against the collector and Nintendo fan in me, but a boycott may very well be called for in response to the hardship. :/
Its not real lol. Its a satire site. look at their other stories lol.

Its not real lol. Its a satire site. look at their other stories lol.
Hahaha, I should be sleeping right now (and driving soon will probably be dangerous). Too tired to read critically is too tired to be awake.

This is probably why Nintendo reps haven't made many official statements regarding supply. There are people (like me) who would be done with them if they said some choice words. I'm not entirely sure I won't follow through with the boycott if I don't hear something soon. No more defenses from the fanbase, it's time they make a case themselves. "Please understand" and the port strike aren't good enough this time.

As much as a pain this idea might be it would be nice if Nintendo just listed the amiibos on their website to order and make that amount. No guess work no shortages.

As much as a pain this idea might be it would be nice if Nintendo just listed the amiibos on their website to order and make that amount. No guess work no shortages.
You dont understand friend it isnt about making us happy.The goal is create a plan that they can work with.

Think about it, if Nintendo were in it for the interest of the fans Gamecube adapters,Majoras Mask Xl and a plethora of other products wouldnt be as scarce as they are.

The Goal here if its not obvious especially after this Wave 4 crisis, is to maximize demand with limited supply.People go crazy over limited itemd.Nintendo is thriving from the publicity they are recieving,'The X amiibo is soldout/rate story' is causing more harm to the community than good its attracting people who arnt neccecerly fans , however it works out well in Nintendo's interest.

I myself have witnessed first hand people who have zero interest in nintendo but despite that they are also buying into the amiibo game only due to its success.

going live now, giveaways read to be given away at random times to random twitch followers who enter. cheers 7am EST to 7pm EST

I will be giving away NIB amiibo, enter to win

Diddy Kong

Samus

Mega Man

Sonic

Toad

plus some steam games and other stuff

http://www.twitch.tv/theottomanlive

must be in the chat and claim your prize within 2 mins of being announced, or win will be forfeit and go to the next picked user.

You dont understand friend it isnt about making us happy.The goal is create a plan that they can work with.

Think about it, if Nintendo were in it for the interest of the fans Gamecube adapters,Majoras Mask Xl and a plethora of other products wouldnt be as scarce as they are.

The Goal here if its not obvious especially after this Wave 4 crisis, is to maximize demand with limited supply.People go crazy over limited itemd.Nintendo is thriving from the publicity they are recieving,'The X amiibo is soldout/rate story' is causing more harm to the community than good its attracting people who arnt neccecerly fans , however it works out well in Nintendo's interest.

I myself have witnessed first hand people who have zero interest in nintendo but despite that they are also buying into the amiibo game only due to its success.
It's not even the making us happy part I mean. It's the leaving money on the table theat gets me. I understand the publicity aspect is a boon but only making maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars per region instead of millions is just crazy to me.

I've been out of the Amiibo loop for a few days. Can anyone tell me if Gamestop.com has already taken online pre-orders for Ness? I know if they have it likely sold out within minutes. He's just really the only Amiibo I really want at this point, aside from Shulk who I want for Xenoblade, but have already given up on getting that one for MSRP.

I've been out of the Amiibo loop for a few days. Can anyone tell me if Gamestop.com has already taken online pre-orders for Ness? I know if they have it likely sold out within minutes. He's just really the only Amiibo I really want at this point, aside from Shulk who I want for Xenoblade, but have already given up on getting that one for MSRP.
Online nope, only WIS.

Online nope, only WIS.
Good, online is my only hope. I got off work and almost made it in time for the in-store pre-order, but they had to cut it off literally minutes before I arrived. Only time I wish I still worked for the company just so I could easily obtain the Ness Amiibo, but I'll take my current job over working at Gamestop as an AM any day.

All Nintendo had to do to guage proper interest and demand to test waters was to open up Marth restock preorders before making them.

They would see the insane demand and produce accordingly, but it is Nintendo we're talking about here.

The only problem with this strategy is that people will reach a boiling point where they tire of this shit and drop out from the Amiibo craze all together (and we have seen this recently with Wave 4 and how quickly the preorders sold out and people's frustration). So that in itself will lead to a lot of lost potential future revenue, not to mention soiling the Nintendo brand name as people get increasingly frustrated with the company.

I was thinking about amiibo hunting last night while unboxing all of mine after the move. I have put in a ton of hours trying to get the rare ones, as I'm sure most of us have. At times (most of the time), it is incredibly frustrating. However, I don't think I would be nearly as interested in these things if there weren't rare ones. Sure I would still collect them because I like them, but there is few things as exciting as landing that rare store exclusive.

I still wish nintendo would be better at producing because preorders selling out in less than 5 minutes is ridiculous, but I don't think it is a bad idea to keep A FEW rarer ones around so people don't lose interest. It is a delicate line to walk between over and under producing though.

Good, online is my only hope. I got off work and almost made it in time for the in-store pre-order, but they had to cut it off literally minutes before I arrived. Only time I wish I still worked for the company just so I could easily obtain the Ness Amiibo, but I'll take my current job over working at Gamestop as an AM any day.
If it goes online. Alot of talk about them selling through all stock with the in store pre-orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back