Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a post on reddit showing a TRU requiring people to open a credit card if they want a Greninja amiibo. Anyone have experience with that here?
Time to write and call corporate. That's an easy way to get fired too. People need to start recording that crap and send it to their local news stations.

Anyways, all stores in my area sold out. I didn't feel like getting up to wait so no Greninja for me but oh well. I'll wait come launch day though.

Got to my TRU at 8:10 (10 am open) and all 9 of 9 were spoken for already. This is getting out of hand. After the Gamestop fiasco, I'm getting close to my limit with this.
I went to mine at about 9:15am and there were people standing in line inside the store already. I saw some guy go up and talk to someone through the door, so I went over and asked him what's going on. He said people were waiting there since 3am and all 20 Greninja pre-orders have been accounted for (the line of people in the store). This is insane. I'd sooner pay $50 for an ebay Greninja than give Toys R Us 7 freaking hours of my life.

Boardman ohio TRU at 10 am was sold out of greninja :( I got pacman just to not make it total waste. I had no idea my area would get lines but they had sign out front that said line starts here.

I work 8-5, so no way to go anyway. Greninja is the only one I haven't been able to snag a preorder for, so I'm hoping I can obtain one. Good luck to anyone out there.

How are so many people able to line up for these things at 10am on a Monday? Do that many people not have a job or go to school? I refuse to believe that many amiibo collectors work 2nd and 3rd shift and have the time to line up as well.

How are so many people able to line up for these things at 10am on a Monday? Do that many people not have a job or go to school? I refuse to believe that many amiibo collectors work 2nd and 3rd shift and have the time to line up as well.
I'm one of those people who work 2nd shift (4pm - 3am to be exact) and I still wasn't able to get one going at even 9am.

I'm the store manager at my company and scheduled myself the later shift for today otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Update for everyone. I got there at 5:30 am and started the line and about 6:30 am I went back to my car and the next two people showed up at 7:30 am and I went back to my chair before they got out of their cars. I would have to say that a total of 20 people showed up. About 2 hours before they opened they put a sign outside stating that the line starts here and it was one of each kind of Amiibo figure per person. Then about 45 minuets before they opened they handed out tickets to the first 10 people and then others went home sad. 

If you're in RDU, don't bother with Cary, NC. I got there at 7:45 and was 14th in line. They have 10 each of Pac-Man and Greninja.

To echo the five million others who have said it - I really want to quit this amiibo thing now. It's bullshit. I've gotten every single amiibo so far at MSRP but I can't catch a break this wave.
Hey, I may have met a fellow CAG today. I drove by Cary at 6:42, and there were 12 at least already standing by the door. So, I headed over to the Raleigh location and got there about 7:15 or so (stupid traffic) to be 7th in line. Were you the gent that was thinking about heading to the Durham location?

Got to my TRU at 8:10 (10 am open) and all 9 of 9 were spoken for already. This is getting out of hand. After the Gamestop fiasco, I'm getting close to my limit with this.
yah besides the people letting the mommas uncle etc in line ahead of them, had the 30 yr old girl who during lucario bull rushed people to get in front and played the i have 4 grandchildren excuse to try and get 4 lucario, she had her entourage their today to make sure to get more to scalp, wanted the pimp slap her, fruitless endeavor for me, wouldnt have bothered waiting if it wasnt for my brother, done waisting time on this crap, i dont even use the ones i have anyway and with cards coming out, the new pay to play models of games for amiibos they are pushing, i over this fad

My TRU had only 8 for pre-order. I was not waiting in line ahead of time as one of the TRU here sold off Luca Rion pretty orders.

I am debating on getting rid of all my Nintendo stuff for good. Sad really.

I just remembered that this was announced recently, it could be cool if they added amiibo support for this game if it ever comes to Wii U.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EF92j3g1pE

I work from home or the road. I am a Regional HR Manager. Traveling away from home is not fun but there are a lot of perks when working from home. I phone and pad allow me to respond to calls, emails and general requests. I refuse to arrive several hours early for amiibo. 2 hours would be my limit.

Boy, I sure lucked out today. Went to the Toysrus near my house at 8am. There Were 7 others in line but a Manager came out and claimed they sold all the preorder tickets at 6am because there were already a long line. People there didn't believe him and decided to keep waiting. After thinking back and forth for 20 minutes. I decided to abandon my spot in line and head for the TRU near my workplace which is 45 minutes away. I was thinking I'm probably screwed since all stories online seemed to indicate I will be too late. Turned out to be a good decision, I got to the 2nd TRU at around 9:10am and was 15th in line. This store ended up getting 20. :)

Got a Greninja only waiting for 2 hours. Around 25 people for 10 preorders. No one came out until 10 minutes before to give us the slips.

On Sunday they told us 10 but this morning they only had 9 preorders. This was louisville.

Hey, I may have met a fellow CAG today. I drove by Cary at 6:42, and there were 12 at least already standing by the door. So, I headed over to the Raleigh location and got there about 7:15 or so (stupid traffic) to be 7th in line. Were you the gent that was thinking about heading to the Durham location?
Durham, NC was hella bust. Got there around 8 and 9 of 9 were already spoken for

Nope, I didn't get to Cary until 7:45. Seems like I should have gone to TTC. Would have been easier to get to from where I live (but I would have had to pay tolls, which isn't too bad).

Got a Greninja only waiting for 2 hours. Around 25 people for 10 preorders. No one came out until 10 minutes before to give us the slips.

On Sunday they told us 10 but this morning they only had 9 preorders. This was louisville.
Which TRU did you go to in Louisville?

I went to the St.Matthews one. Less people, but the ones in front of me were super early.
The front two people had been there since 5am. I got there 815ish and they were all spoken for by 835. Everyone else just kept getting in line hoping they actually had more.

Of course not. Nintendo is going to flood the market with Pac-Men just like they did with Sonic and Mega Man. People want the one Nintendo is only going to make 500 of
This is exactly the problem. People want the rare ones, if Nintendo makes more of them, they aren't rare and people won't want them. They could ship a billion Greninjas and short ship Pac Man and people would be like "Hey, why are you screwing us on Pac Man, we are tired of all these stupid Greninjas!". The only solution would be to flood the store with ALL of them, which would kill the demand for ALL of them - most people want them because they are hard to get. Fixing the problem involves shooting themselves before they get some games out with real functionality people will desire, which isn't going to happen - especially given their recent sales troubles.

Anyways, I hope Pac Man is common(ish), he is the one I want, but I have to catch him in stock at Best Buy and I want a GCU discount.

This is ridiculous!  People camped out for several hours for these things.  I can see hardware camp outs.  But accessories...  I have no chance at these things anymore.  My collection will probably end at the 25 I have.  Probably a good idea to sell them and cut my losses.  Nintendo is really awful at keeping up with demand.  

I missed out on this one, but I'm not going to throw a hissy fit and threaten to sell my collection. But it does get harder with each new amiibo that releases. 2 hours early wasn't enough for me >.

This is exactly the problem. People want the rare ones, if Nintendo makes more of them, they aren't rare and people won't want them. They could ship a billion Greninjas and short ship Pac Man and people would be like "Hey, why are you screwing us on Pac Man, we are tired of all these stupid Greninjas!". The only solution would be to flood the store with ALL of them, which would kill the demand for ALL of them - most people want them because they are hard to get. Fixing the problem involves shooting themselves before they get some games out with real functionality people will desire, which isn't going to happen - especially given their recent sales troubles.

Anyways, I hope Pac Man is common(ish), he is the one I want, but I have to catch him in stock at Best Buy and I want a GCU discount.
You realize that at this point, people are willing to buy them all regardless if they are rare or not. I'm sure people aren't going to say, well Link is a common so I'm not going to buy it, but I'm dying to get an Ike. People are more than willing to buy Dedede, Link, Mario, Donkey Kong, Rosalina, Greninja, Ness etc so they can have them all. I will bet you anything that Charizard is going to be a common from this wave and have you noticed that Pre-Orders are sold out on that one just like they are on Ness and Greninja? There's proof right there that they don't have to be super limited to 10 per store with no restocks to sell out. Wario is a Mario character and more than likely is going to be super common, but you can't pre-order him anywhere either

Wait people are camping out just to get a preorder? I dont collect Amiibo but are people just doing this to resale or to collect since they're hard to get?

Wait people are camping out just to get a preorder? I dont collect Amiibo but are people just doing this to resale or to collect since they're hard to get?
Had a bunch of collectors and people wanting to trade for others they couldn't get. I'm sure plenty are doing it for reselling, although there are more efficient ways.

You sir are spot on!!!

You realize that at this point, people are willing to buy them all regardless if they are rare or not. I'm sure people aren't going to say, well Link is a common so I'm not going to buy it, but I'm dying to get an Ike. People are more than willing to buy Dedede, Link, Mario, Donkey Kong, Rosalina, Greninja, Ness etc so they can have them all. I will bet you anything that Charizard is going to be a common from this wave and have you noticed that Pre-Orders are sold out on that one just like they are on Ness and Greninja? There's proof right there that they don't have to be super limited to 10 per store with no restocks to sell out. Wario is a Mario character and more than likely is going to be super common, but you can't pre-order him anywhere either
Yea but their will be more Charizards, Warios, and Pac man's later. Also most resellers don't have any clue which will be rare and which won't, so they will preorder them all and return them later. Thats why they all sold so fast. Some scalper bought 10 toon links from my local TRU last wave then returned them all. So how does that help Nintendo or the retailers.

I got up a little early this morning and went to TRU to stand in line. When one of the people near the front of line started chatting with their friend near the rear, my interest in waiting soured. Front person was discussing how they scalped the 3 extra Gold Marios they got. I went back to my car and went off to work.

I've done the camp out thing for hardware, and one of the reasons I'm willing to do so is because it's great to hang out with fellow fans/gamers. But waiting in line with a bunch of scalpers? fuck that.

I don't think there's any question as to which ones will be rare. It's pretty clear Robin, Lucina and all of the store exclusives are good bets to flip.

Why pay $40 aftermarket for a Greninja when you can just cry, complain, and quit on the forums?

That's way more rational than simply buying one extra of something else to sell for the additional funds. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back