Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
went to tru around 8 am. top 3 in line and before 9 am 7 more peoples show up. store have only 10 and few peoples don't want pac man. more peoples show up after 9:45 am, few peoples go home and few want pac man's. good luck amiibo hunters :)

went to tru around 8 am. top 3 in line and before 9 am 7 more peoples show up. store have only 10 and few peoples don't want pac man. more peoples show up after 9:45 am, few peoples go home and few want pac man's. good luck amiibo hunters :)
<Masterkyo quest complete>

-you gain 10,000 experience points-

I certainly hope that nobody here was the middle aged asshole at my tru. A bunch of us were there for hours. I was first in line and got there some time after 6. They had a sign out saying where the line was to form, and everybody was pretty chill. 10 of each and the line was full come 8. At 9:30, the very friendly manager came out, re-confirmed that there were only 10 of each, one of each per person allowed. He then passed out the cards. After that, he said it was ok for us to wait in our cars if we wanted in order to get out of the cold but he did ask us not to leave the lot.

So we all went to our cars and waited the last half hour. Two more people came to the line, but were very understanding when told that all had been accounted for.

At about five minutes to 10, we got out of our cars and went back to the door and that same manager came out to let us in. A few more people showed up by then, and he said again that if you didn't have a card already, you won't be getting one. This promoted this middle aged fuck to go off on the poor guy. He just started screaming and swearing at him. The manager then asked the rest of us who had cards to go on in, so I'm not sure how long Entitled Customerfuck was ranting. The funny thing is that he actually complained about waiting in line, despite that he had literally just walked up less than a minute before the doors opened.

I got my preorders (although I'm a tad bit concerned tht she didnt enter my email into the computer like they did for Lucario). Anyway. Please don't be this middle aged fuck. It was in no way that manager's fault that Nintendo's business model is artificial scarcity.

Mine had 10 as well. 4 of them went to people who have been there since last night. Which is dumb cuz it was 30 degrees last night. I got one of the remainders. All gone by 8 am. Some people came after 8 and complained that , "they're not supposed to hand out cards until 15 minutes beforehand" as if that meant they'd still get one when they would be at the back of the line anyway.

I got up a little early this morning and went to TRU to stand in line. When one of the people near the front of line started chatting with their friend near the rear, my interest in waiting soured. Front person was discussing how they scalped the 3 extra Gold Marios they got. I went back to my car and went off to work.

I've done the camp out thing for hardware, and one of the reasons I'm willing to do so is because it's great to hang out with fellow fans/gamers. But waiting in line with a bunch of scalpers? fuck that.
I didn't go at all this time, because I'm always in line with ipad granny, she's switching between r/amiibo, amazon, and calling all her fuck ing relatives in all the other fuck ing lines at every other fuck ing store in the metropolitan Detroit area. Her 3 grandkids just love the amoeba and need them all, and they won't share, don't judge.

Sweet. I barely posted in here, but I still got producer creds.

Edit:

I just remembered that this was announced recently, it could be cool if they added amiibo support for this game if it ever comes to Wii U.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EF92j3g1pE
As a former Tekken player, I'm amused that they gave Pikachu a lot of Heihachi's moves and mannerism. The first combo they show is literally Electric Wind God Fist->Leap Kick->Hell Axe->Demon God Fist. And Pikachu crosses his arms and glares, exactly like Heihachi does.

Hey, I may have met a fellow CAG today. I drove by Cary at 6:42, and there were 12 at least already standing by the door. So, I headed over to the Raleigh location and got there about 7:15 or so (stupid traffic) to be 7th in line. Were you the gent that was thinking about heading to the Durham location?
Depending on your timing, I might have been the person that went from Cary Crossroads to Westgate in Durham. I also got to Cary around 7:15, but was 14th in line.

Heard Westgate had 9 preorders, with only 6 in line, so I drove the 20 miles, and was 7th in line. While I don't know how many preorders Cary actually had, I absolutely think I made the right choice. If I'd stayed at Cary, I think I would be empty handed right now...

This is exactly the problem. People want the rare ones, if Nintendo makes more of them, they aren't rare and people won't want them. They could ship a billion Greninjas and short ship Pac Man and people would be like "Hey, why are you screwing us on Pac Man, we are tired of all these stupid Greninjas!". The only solution would be to flood the store with ALL of them, which would kill the demand for ALL of them - most people want them because they are hard to get. Fixing the problem involves shooting themselves before they get some games out with real functionality people will desire, which isn't going to happen - especially given their recent sales troubles.

Anyways, I hope Pac Man is common(ish), he is the one I want, but I have to catch him in stock at Best Buy and I want a GCU discount.
Bullshit. No one cares what is common, uncommon, rare, whatever. This isn't Pokemon. People want what they want. No one is sitting here debating on whether to buy a Lucario or Mario amiibo and factoring in what is more common to determine their choice. It's just Nintendo doing what they have done best for years now which is underproducing their products. EA had a huge setback with their production of Skylanders - this is just a combination of Nintendo in general being their cheapass selves and their fear of having the same issue EA did with surpluses.

This is ridiculous! People camped out for several hours for these things. I can see hardware camp outs. But accessories... I have no chance at these things anymore. My collection will probably end at the 25 I have. Probably a good idea to sell them and cut my losses. Nintendo is really awful at keeping up with demand.
This isn't the first accessory camp out. I remember when the Wii first launched and the remotes and nunchuks were impossible to find, people camped out waiting for those too.

I got my preorders (although I'm a tad bit concerned tht she didnt enter my email into the computer like they did for Lucario).
Yeah, I was 4 or so in line, but they ended up opening another register after we got in, and so I went over there, the guy (3rd) in front of me took so long I was the last to be rung out in the store (no biggie though). But even after asking the lady about my email, it never prompted me (like it did with Lucario), so we voided it out and re-did it again and she brought up some option that asked me for my email, so HOPEFULLY yours and mine were all done correctly! I wouldn't be too worried though since they didn't ask for emails at my store either it seems.

I didn't go at all this time, because I'm always in line with ipad granny, she's switching between r/amiibo, amazon, and calling all her fuck ing relatives in all the other fuck ing lines at every other fuck ing store in the metropolitan Detroit area. Her 3 grandkids just love the amoeba and need them all, and they won't share, don't judge.
You mad, bro?

This isn't the first accessory camp out. I remember when the Wii first launched and the remotes and nunchuks were impossible to find, people camped out waiting for those too.
That is true... but you could not play with your friends unless you owned multiple wiimotes. Can't say I have enjoyed my games anymore due to amiibos. They are cool to have and look at, but do very little for games.

Yeah, I was 4 or so in line, but they ended up opening another register after we got in, and so I went over there, the guy (3rd) in front of me took so long I was the last to be rung out in the store (no biggie though). But even after asking the lady about my email, it never prompted me (like it did with Lucario), so we voided it out and re-did it again and she brought up some option that asked me for my email, so HOPEFULLY yours and mine were all done correctly! I wouldn't be too worried though since they didn't ask for emails at my store either it seems.
They never asked me for my email either or anyone else that got one this morning.

That is true... but you could not play with your friends unless you owned multiple wiimotes. Can't say I have enjoyed my games anymore due to amiibos. They are cool to have and look at, but do very little for games.
You underestimate how intense Smash Bros fans are. The amount of time that people put into training amiibos is massive.

Bullshit. No one cares what is common, uncommon, rare, whatever. This isn't Pokemon. People want what they want. No one is sitting here debating on whether to buy a Lucario or Mario amiibo and factoring in what is more common to determine their choice. It's just Nintendo doing what they have done best for years now which is underproducing their products. EA had a huge setback with their production of Skylanders - this is just a combination of Nintendo in general being their cheapass selves and their fear of having the same issue EA did with surpluses.
Agree. The only people that seem to care about rarity are scalpers and resellers. Everyone else seems to want all of them for their collection and it doesn't matter if the Amiibo is dirt common or ultra-rare.

Agree. The only people that seem to care about rarity are scalpers and resellers. Everyone else seems to want all of them for their collection and it doesn't matter if the Amiibo is dirt common or ultra-rare.
I think you completely misunderstood the original guys argument. He's not saying true amiibo collectors care who's rare and whose not. He's saying there's a large amount of current buyers who aren't true amiibo collectors but are either scalpers or just people who bought into the rarity hype. Which is absolutely true, I posted something similar the other day. So break it down into simple math. Say Nintendo made 10000 Ness amiibos (not real numbers but just as an example). And there were approximately 10000 true amiibo collectors that wanted Ness. So originally Nintendo's plan would've been perfect but then the Scalpers and Hype driven buyers enter the picture and say there are 10000 of those kinds of buyers. So now there's 20000 people wanting to buy 10000 Ness amiibos available thus creating the shortage. Now let's just say Nintendo decided ok we need to meet demand, let's make 10000 more Ness amiibos. Then what happens is you have 20000 Ness amiibos but in reality still only 10000 true buyers. Because once Nintendo announces that major restock, the 10000 scalpers or buyers driven by hype will no longer be interested in buying amiibos. They would either return the amiibos they bought or would've already sold it to another true collector whom then wouldn't need to buy it anymore from the retailer when there's a restock. Now you have 10000 unsold amiibos in stores along with the hype dying out. This is the dilemma Nintendo faces. Also note that in my calculations above, I didn't even count the rest of us who buys multiples to trade.

I think you completely misunderstood the original guys argument. He's not saying true amiibo collectors care who's rare and whose not. He's saying there's a large amount of current buyers who aren't true amiibo collectors but are either scalpers or just people who bought into the rarity hype. Which is absolutely true, I posted something similar the other day. So break it down into simple math. Say Nintendo made 10000 Ness amiibos (not real numbers but just as an example). And there were approximately 10000 true amiibo collectors that wanted Ness. So originally Nintendo's plan would've been perfect but then the Scalpers and Hype driven buyers enter the picture and say there are 10000 of those kinds of buyers. So now there's 20000 people wanting to buy 10000 Ness amiibos available thus creating the shortage. Now let's just say Nintendo decided ok we need to meet demand, let's make 10000 more Ness amiibos. Then what happens is you have 20000 Ness amiibos but in reality still only 10000 true buyers. Because once Nintendo announces that major restock, the 10000 scalpers or buyers driven by hype will no longer be interested in buying amiibos. They would either return the amiibos they bought or would've already sold it to another true collector whom then wouldn't need to buy it anymore from the retailer when there's a restock. Now you have 10000 unsold amiibos in stores along with the hype dying out. This is the dilemma Nintendo faces.
I just fundamentally disagree with your premise. The resellers simply buy up stock that collectors would buy at MSRP and add an unnecessary additional profit costing collectors more and gaining nothing for Nintendo. The actual number of units being sold whether they go directly to collectors or to scalpers/resellers would be identical and in fact, if collectors had more money in their pockets because they were just paying MSRP, they may be more apt to buy additional Nintendo products and more Amiibos.

As for people that are only buying Amiibos for the "hype train", I just see little evidence that there are all that many of them and certainly not enough to impact demand in a significant manner. Also, who is to say that there aren't just as many people who have been turned off of buying Amiibos by the ridiculous preorder and day of release lines and sales issues as there are people who are only buying for the hype train? I know I am at the point where I am not interested in lining up or going to crazy lengths to buy Amiibos and I see a lot of people here and elsewhere posting the same thing.

I just fundamentally disagree with your premise. The resellers simply buy up stock that collectors would buy at MSRP and add an unnecessary additional profit costing collectors more and gaining nothing for Nintendo. The actual number of units being sold whether they go directly to collectors or to scalpers/resellers would be identical and in fact, if collectors had more money in their pockets because they were just paying MSRP, they may be more apt to buy additional Nintendo products and more Amiibos.

As for people that are only buying Amiibos for the "hype train", I just see little evidence that there are all that many of them and certainly not enough to impact demand in a significant manner.
We can agree to disagree, just that after waiting in line now a bunch of times and meeting tons of other amiibo buyers, it's pretty clear to me at least half the people wouldn't even be in the amiibo game if there wasn't a percieved rarity. And I think Nintendo knows this and did their home works on this as well. Their goal is to sell as many amiibos and make as much $$$ as possible and not to make the true amiibo collectors happy. And they probably want the scalpers and hype driven buyers to stay in the game and buy as well.

got really lucky with my location. was at TRU wellington (FL). only 10 people there when i arrived (845 am). crowd seemed okay, except for that asian guy making all these neckbeard comments. they had 13 in stock so i was able to get one. i think this will be the last time i wait in line for TRU. they never have enough of the exclusives so its always risky if you want to wake up early. 

I went to the St.Matthews one. Less people, but the ones in front of me were super early.
I showed up 2 hours early at Target on Rosalina Day, and with the exception of one guy, everyone else showed up in the last 30 min before opening. Me thinks this won't be the case May 29th.

I showed up 2 hours early at Target on Rosalina Day, and with the exception of one guy, everyone else showed up in the last 30 min before opening. Me thinks this won't be the case May 29th.
Agreed, plus I would be SHOCKED if the stores get any extras. They have taken a lot of pre-orders, I can't imagine any extras sitting on the shelf.

I just remembered that this was announced recently, it could be cool if they added amiibo support for this game if it ever comes to Wii U.
I wish arcades were a thing here because I think it would be so perfect to have an NFC device on the arcade machine and you can level up your fighter at the arcade or unlock some sort of extras.

I doubt they'd do this for a (currently) Japan only arcade game but if it comes to Wii U that would be a good fit as well.

Agreed, plus I would be SHOCKED if the stores get any extras. They have taken a lot of pre-orders, I can't imagine any extras sitting on the shelf.
I'm fairly sure you're incorrect and that they've already made a statement saying they will be available in store on the 29th.

I'm fairly sure you're incorrect and that they've already made a statement saying they will be available in store on the 29th.
Well keep in mind they did the same thing with Lucario. I know some stores got extra but the store near me got a whopping total of 2 units and they were shockingly (sarcasm) all for pre-orders.

They've taken roughly 10-15k preorders today, plus whatever few thousand they sold online in an hour. The average sales per figure of the first wave of amiibo was 200k. This is not a lot of preorders, even in comparison to their last exclusive.

If there are none to be found in stores at release it's because they produced far fewer.

Someone in my town put up their preorder for Greninja on the local Facebook Online Yard Sale group. -_- If it was Lucina, I might actually pay the scalper price.

Well keep in mind they did the same thing with Lucario. I know some stores got extra but the store near me got a whopping total of 2 units and they were shockingly (sarcasm) all for pre-orders.
Wait are you talking about Target or TRU? TRU won't have extra Greninjas.. Target will certainly have Jigglys

I think you completely misunderstood the original guys argument. He's not saying true amiibo collectors care who's rare and whose not. He's saying there's a large amount of current buyers who aren't true amiibo collectors but are either scalpers or just people who bought into the rarity hype. Which is absolutely true, I posted something similar the other day. So break it down into simple math. Say Nintendo made 10000 Ness amiibos (not real numbers but just as an example). And there were approximately 10000 true amiibo collectors that wanted Ness. So originally Nintendo's plan would've been perfect but then the Scalpers and Hype driven buyers enter the picture and say there are 10000 of those kinds of buyers. So now there's 20000 people wanting to buy 10000 Ness amiibos available thus creating the shortage. Now let's just say Nintendo decided ok we need to meet demand, let's make 10000 more Ness amiibos. Then what happens is you have 20000 Ness amiibos but in reality still only 10000 true buyers. Because once Nintendo announces that major restock, the 10000 scalpers or buyers driven by hype will no longer be interested in buying amiibos. They would either return the amiibos they bought or would've already sold it to another true collector whom then wouldn't need to buy it anymore from the retailer when there's a restock. Now you have 10000 unsold amiibos in stores along with the hype dying out. This is the dilemma Nintendo faces. Also note that in my calculations above, I didn't even count the rest of us who buys multiples to trade.
We can agree to disagree, just that after waiting in line now a bunch of times and meeting tons of other amiibo buyers, it's pretty clear to me at least half the people wouldn't even be in the amiibo game if there wasn't a percieved rarity. And I think Nintendo knows this and did their home works on this as well. Their goal is to sell as many amiibos and make as much $$$ as possible and not to make the true amiibo collectors happy. And they probably want the scalpers and hype driven buyers to stay in the game and buy as well.
Spot on, man. It's just silly how many people are buying these things just because they're hot, and they don't really care about Nintendo products. The other thing your detractors fail to realize is that flippers aren't buying just one extra. Try 5, 10 or 50.

If supply were increased enough to where everyone who wanted rare amiibos got them, nintendo would be losing money with all the unsold inventory sitting in stores. If that demand were met, then you can add the entire flipper supply to it as well creating triple or quadruple the extra amiibos nobody buys.

Not to mention, most of these people "quitting" as it were, were only really in it for the hype anyhow, or were buying more than they should. There's no reason to let toys get you that bent out of shape. People keep losing their shit and this wave hasn't even been released yet. I think I have the least amount of sympathy for the people who say "I haven't scored anything this wave" well wow ok then I guess you weren't giving it a fractional amount of effort compared to others. These same people that are just going to die if they don't get what they want but they aren't willing to spend $25 or 30 on one.

Most people simply aren't as in-love with these figures as they think they are.

How are so many people able to line up for these things at 10am on a Monday? Do that many people not have a job or go to school? I refuse to believe that many amiibo collectors work 2nd and 3rd shift and have the time to line up as well.
I work 2pm-12:30am and I'm off sat sun and mon so I do have time to stand in line :) only decide is if my shift runs late I miss preorders going up late nights was lucky enough to catch walmart selling one night before bed.

If you are nuts over amiibos but you haven't bought any of the Super Mario Brothers series amiibos, then you are probably one of these aforementioned people.  You don't desire them because they are readily available on the shelves. 

How thick of a neckbeard does one have for waiting in line at toys r us in 30 degree weather 2+ hours before they are open lol! I value my time by what I get paid per hour. The trip to the store doesn't even justify my time. Clicking a button on ebay does. greninja can be had on ebay for $60.

This is almost as bad as the idiot who camps out at bestbuy overnight to save $200 on a TV for Black Friday only to have me price match the deal on Amazon and never leave my house.

The debates of how much $ your time is worth based on even minimum wage is foolish in my opinion.. I'm not sacrificing work to stand in line (not that I stood in line today, but I will on the 29th), I'm sacrificing sleep. On top of that, I see it as the experience as well.. a bragging point of sorts. "See that one right there? I waited outside for 4 hours for it!" It makes it more than just a little plastic toy in that regard..

maybe that's just me though

How thick of a neckbeard does one have for waiting in line at toys r us in 30 degree weather 2+ hours before they are open lol! I value my time by what I get paid per hour. The trip to the store doesn't even justify my time. Clicking a button on ebay does. greninja can be had on ebay for $60.

This is almost as bad as the idiot who camps out at bestbuy overnight to save $200 on a TV for Black Friday only to have me price match the deal on Amazon and never leave my house.
Wait are you saying that even if you could just drive to the store and pick it up it wouldn't be worth your time?

Just ignore the idiots whose "time is so valuable".  That argument is flawed.  They want to overpay for something on ebay, let them.  A fool and their money...

Just ignore the idiots whose "time is so valuable". That argument is flawed. They want to overpay for something on ebay, let them. A fool and their money...
While I believe in this wholeheartedly, my time is literally more valuable than the cost of a scalped Amiibo. Let's say this costs me $50 from a scalper and I missed three hours of work this morning to buy it at retail; That's $36 out of pocket to buy from the scalper above what I would have paid anyway, but I would have earned more than that if I had worked the same three hours plus I wouldn't have to take the pay loss from missing work. It's not a flawed argument if you make enough money I guess.

In the end no one wants to pay over face value around here but it's just not worth my time (at least during regular work days) to chase these down. I haven't had to pay a scalper yet but unless I get really lucky on May 29 (Phoenix Comic Con is that weekend so I was taking Friday off anyway so I can actually try to chase this down before I got to con) I will have to pay a scalper for this one and/or Ness unless I manage to secure a trade with my extra Jigglypuff for one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back