Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday went to a TRU because I had 15 mins to kill before my take out Olive Garden was ready and they are literally right next to each other. Anyway they had a 3 pack. I visited 5 stores and refreshed my browser so many goddamn times on Friday just to snag one off Amazon and the next day I see a like 4 of them in stock at a TRU. God I hate Nintendo, lol.

Yesterday went to a TRU because I had 15 mins to kill before my take out Olive Garden was ready and they are literally right next to each other. Anyway they had a 3 pack. I visited 5 stores and refreshed my browser so many goddamn times on Friday just to snag one off Amazon and the next day I see a like 4 of them in stock at a TRU. God I hate Nintendo, lol.
I'm telling you, TRU is the first place to look for Amiibos.

Agreed toysrus very good handling wave 4 release. 1ST you pick up ticket, 2nd pay your amiibo's, 3rd go to small room and the employee hand you amiibo's by check your receipt. Kinda hard to get same 2 amiibo's on friday.

Btw just a heads up. Wii Fit Trainer was on Amazon for like 25$ with Prime. However.. Ebay has them for 24$ from Japan, free shipping. Now nice thing is.. Anyone who has been selling on ebay recently could do that whole play.ebay.com thing. For "me" it gave me 2x 5$ credit giftcards. So I applied them to my WFT purchase. Ended up with it for 14$! So heads up to anyone trying for a deal.

Any of the CAGs in the Clinton Township/Sterling Heights, MI area, the Toys R Us in Sterling Heights (on the corner of Hall and Schoenherr) have tons of single and 3 pack Splatoon amiibos, Pac-Man and maybe even still some Greninjas. I picked up the lone Greninja they had sitting near the register, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. If they still had one on display 2 days after launch, they might have even more in the back. I can't compliment TRU enough for how well they handled releasing this wave. I will happily pay the $1 markup and buy all my Amiibos from them because of how little hassle it was to secure pretty much this entire wave.
Yes sir, I was there at launch and feared I'd get the short end of the Greninja stick, but they had to have had 80-100 of them. Wish I could say the same for Ness and Gamestop, those stingy mother fuck ers. Niche stays niche with them.

I haven't noticed too much discussion about it in the thread thus far so here's a recap of the amiibo news from today's Japanese Nintendo Direct:

Fire Emblem: If for 3DS will support Marth, Ike, Robin, & Lucina amiibo - tap the figure to battle that character in the new 'My Castle' mode.

fireemblemifamiibo.png

Guru Guru Chibi Robo for 3DS, a new 2D platform-action game, will release this fall in Japan alongside a Chibi Robo amiibo (YES!!) that can be leveled up in-game and unlocks 'Super Chibi Robo' in the main game.

chibiroboguruguru.png

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for 3DS will have both retail & digital versions (4,000円), as well as a bundle that includes the amiibo adapter for legacy 3DS handhelds(5,000円).
The Animal Crossing amiibo cards will be sold in random 3-packs for 300円 (about $1/card). There will also be a special New 3DS LL with the game pre-installed & 1 amiibo card, plus a faceplate for New 3DS.

animalcrossingoptions.png

The amiibo 3DS adapter will also be available separately for 2500円 in Japan:

3dsadapterboxed.png

They also re-confirmed that Yoshi's Wooly World will support several different amiibo and allow you to unlock patterns based on the amiibo you scan, as seen in this Nintendo UK video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlBR2dJ_mGw

*Feel free to use my pics elsewhere, but please credit amiibros.com if you do! :)

From checking a handful of stores its obvious that Pac-man is a common Smash figure and that Inkling Boy and Girl are pretty common.

I was surprised to not see any Warios till I walked in a Fry's that had about 30. No Charizard, but with Pikachu so common I expect it to pop up eventually.

No sign of the Three pack, and of course no FE characters. I missed the PO on those and I'm sure walking in an finding one will be pretty much impossible.

In that case all you have to do is pull up the website of any other competitor that sells them for $12.99 (i.e. everyone that isn't TRU) and they will match it.
Most* stores I know won't do that unless the item is in stock.

Depends on the employee, the manger, the employee's mood, the manager's mood, how you treat them, how the weather is, how you smell, how they smell, if they're hung over, if there's a baby crying, if they're getting a divorce, I their girlfriend just broke up with them after getting drunk and cheating with another employee at a work party in front of everyone you work with and them hiding it for a week before anyone let's you know. OH GOD YOU CHEATING WHORE B.B. GO DIE IN A FIRE WITH THAT TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Some really don't care though.

just saw an email the day after my in store gs order for char back on the overload day, it said my online order for shulk back in feb shipped, swear i ran into the same problem as most that they sold out before i could even get them in the cart, didnt get a rep call either, hope it stays true, been wanting one for awhile, might wanna keep an eye out in case others got screwed and you get a confirmation email

Man, my dad is the best!
(TL;DR He found a Meta-Knight for me. ^^)
When I got back home a bit ago, he had also come back from taking the car to a NY mechanic. He says, "I got a surprise for you." and pulls out a Meta-Knight.
Apparently, on his way back he stopped at a few GameStop's and a best buy. When he asked about it at customer service they gave him the number to a best buy that might have it. He called and this wonderful woman pulled the last one off the floor and held it for him. She even said she'd help out with any other future waves. I have to find a way to give her feedback because that was too nice of her. :) Then I gotta get my Dad something awesome for Father's Day. :p

Oh and he also found out a bit of interesting information to take with a grain of salt of course:
When the guy at best buy looked up Meta-Knight, he mentioned how his store never got any BUT apparently he could see that the local distribution center still had around 1,500 units. So he believes they may restock all best buys around this area again (Northeast area).
Here's hoping everyone should be so lucky and this does in fact happen.

So Nintendo is releasing yet another game that uses the Fire Emblem Amiibo yet the Fire Emblem characters are still almost impossible to find? If this isn't a sign to start printing more of these I don't know what is.

Yeah just noticed that too but you might want to check wal mart cause thats where I was able to find one.
I've also noticed Samus has gotten really hard to find. I haven't seen it in weeks actually. Last time I saw Samus was at a TRU about a month ago when they had three.

There were about 10 Meta Knight left at one of my local Best Buy. They were sitting on a table in front of the store entrance and apparently nobody was interested in them. One of the worker told me that they been there all morning.

I've also noticed Samus has gotten really hard to find. I haven't seen it in weeks actually. Last time I saw Samus was at a TRU about a month ago when they had three.
I decided to do some hunting today and the only Amiibo I saw were characters from the Mario series, a few Pac-Mans, Silver Marios and a ton of Splatoon Amiibo (including some 3 packs).

Don't know why I bothered...

Was just reading an article about how people were threatening Amazon CS reps online over the Robin and Lucina shortage. AmazonJosh posting on Reddit was mentioned - didn't he used to be active here on CAG?

I had a trade for greninja lined up locally. I asked my girlfriend to put lucario somewhere it wouldn't get bent. We go eat, get back to car, she steps on it. Sad day.

Man, I really want that Chibi Robo! Looks great.

People in line at NWS mentioned she has become pretty rare like Fox. I realized afterwards I haven't seen anyone other than the Mario characters, Zelda characters, DK, Diddy, and Pikachu in store lately...even Kirby is disappearing.

I had a trade for greninja lined up locally. I asked my girlfriend to put lucario somewhere it wouldn't get bent. We go eat, get back to car, she steps on it. Sad day.
Ow..that hurt me from here. Like watching my cashier nearly bend back the entire back card of an amiibo I was buying on Friday.

Agreed toysrus very good handling wave 4 release. 1ST you pick up ticket, 2nd pay your amiibo's, 3rd go to small room and the employee hand you amiibo's by check your receipt. Kinda hard to get same 2 amiibo's on friday.
1 and 2 was same for mine, 3 was we all lined up then in the store and electronics had 2 cashiers along with 2 other guys taking ur tockets as you got to the line and putting ur set in front of the cashier. It ran pretty quick.

is Samus amiibo hard to find , does it get frequent restock?? I got late to the party and can't find anywhere online or locally.
You might have luck checking some TRUs. Samus and Kirby started becoming "uncommon/rare" within the last month or so. NW had some on Friday.

has anyone's shulk amiibo not shipped yet? just wondering
One Shulk has shipped, another hasn't.

If anyone is having trouble getting any of the NON-exclusive/FireEmblem wave4 or splatoon amiibo (maybe Silver Mario too), I can do pickups at NW and hit up other places during the week. NW also has Splatoon shirts.

If anyone is having trouble getting any of the non exclusive/ Fire Emblem wave4 or splatoon amiibo (maybe Silver Mario too), I can do pickups at NW and hit up other places during the week. NW also has Splatoon shirts.
That'd be amazing. I'd definitely pay a reasonable price for Fire Emblem Amiibo. Today, I shopped at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, GameStop, and Target. None of them had any wave 4 Amiibo. Target strangely had a box full of Splatoon squirt guns.

You might have luck checking some TRUs. Samus and Kirby started becoming "uncommon/rare" within the last month or so. NW had some on Friday.

One Shulk has shipped, another hasn't.

If anyone is having trouble getting any of the non exclusive/ Fire Emblem wave4 or splatoon amiibo (maybe Silver Mario too), I can do pickups at NW and hit up other places during the week. NW also has Splatoon shirts.
Fire Emblem already gone last friday at NW

So far i see silver mario and pac man can find at game stop and toysrus. Target and Bestbuy is clean out every single wave 4 amiibos. Can't beat 20% off or 5% off :)

That'd be amazing. I'd definitely pay a reasonable price for Fire Emblem Amiibo. Today, I shopped at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, GameStop, and Target. None of them had any wave 4 Amiibo. Target strangely had a box full of Splatoon squirt guns.
Fire Emblem already gone last friday at NW
I edited my post to make it clear. I can try to pickup the non-exclusives/FE wave 4 amiibo.

Anyone else's Amiibos from Amazon appear to be stuck in Texas?  Prime delivery was guaranteed by today but they haven't made it out from FT Worth USPS center (I'm in Kansas)

Anyone else's Amiibos from Amazon appear to be stuck in Texas? Prime delivery was guaranteed by today but they haven't made it out from FT Worth USPS center (I'm in Kansas)
I'll do you one better, my prime 2 day shipped lucina still hasn't shipped yet, although, it appears to be getting ready to ship.

It's Sunday... most shipping companies don't operate on Sundays.

unless you live in a Big City.
Correct, But Amazon and USPS have a partnership for Sunday Deliveries. I've gotten multiple packages from them on Sunday. Just curious because it hasn't moved since Friday which is odd.

Out of curiosity, how rare is the silver Mario amiibo?

I saw one at my local Gamestop today, but didn't buy it because I really haven't gotten into this amiibo stuff yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back