Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only person here who hasn't used their amiibo in Smash Bros?

Never cared for it that much I guess... my figures are more for display.
That's what I was collecting them for. Wanted to get them all until it became a struggle to get them. Now I just get the ones I come across. They are nice little figures for $12.99.

Am I the only person here who hasn't used their amiibo in Smash Bros?

Never cared for it that much I guess... my figures are more for display.
I don't open my Amiibo, even if I have doubles or triples like Mega Man. :)

It's actually against eBay policy to sell preorders. The user could very well get his money back by disputing with eBay. There is zero way you can blame the consumer.
It's not against eBay policy if the preorder was sold within 30 days of release (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html). Regardless of that it should still be blamed on the consumer - they bought something that was clearly a preorder and now decided they didn't want it. How is that the seller's fault? It'd be a different story if the guy didn't ship the amiibo - but he's presumably fulfilling his end of the transaction. If listing a preorder more than 30 days ahead is grounds for a chargeback - I should go through eBay and just scam the hell out of legitimate sellers. That'd be justified, right? They violated a stupid policy, right? I deserve their items and my money back. They should have nothing because I'm the consumer and I'm always right.

That's the kind of mentality that makes me want to quit eBay. These sellers are not mega corporations - they're small time sellers. Cut them some slack and don't be a dick. If they hold up their end of the deal as a seller, hold yours up as a buyer. Inquire about a return and don't flip out if they don't allow it. 90% of good sellers will, so don't jump to a chargeback or resolution center case.

That's the kind of mentality that makes me want to quit eBay. These sellers are not mega corporations - they're small time sellers. Cut them some slack and don't be a dick.
Except that they're "being a dick" for scalping something that they clearly only bought for profit and took out of the hands of a kid or collector.

I don't have any doubles. My kids open them as soon as we get them. They have been used on a variety of games that support them.

No. Why would they refund you shipping? There was a cost for them to ship to your home. That wouldn't make much sense. When you go to the store, you don't pay for shipping costs because you paid your own transportation costs to get there. By ordering online, Target paid for those transportation costs this time around.
Haha whoaaaaa there! That's what I thought, but I was just double checking what anybody's experience was just to be sure. Anyway, it's all good because Target has refunded me the shipping cost since it was a mistake at that time with the checkout process on their app.

Except that they're "being a dick" for scalping something that they clearly only bought for profit and took out of the hands of a kid or collector.
And that's a reason to be a dick back? He chose to buy from a reseller at an inflated price. It's not like the seller put a gun to his head and made him buy it.

The buyer made a mistake, plain and simple. Suck it up, be polite, and move on if the seller doesn't allow returns. It's not like Robin and Lucina aren't still worth $40 a piece. I'm sure several people on here would buy them at that price.

It's not against eBay policy if the preorder was sold within 30 days of release (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html). Regardless of that it should still be blamed on the consumer - they bought something that was clearly a preorder and now decided they didn't want it. How is that the seller's fault? It'd be a different story if the guy didn't ship the amiibo - but he's presumably fulfilling his end of the transaction. If listing a preorder more than 30 days ahead is grounds for a chargeback - I should go through eBay and just scam the hell out of legitimate sellers. That'd be justified, right? They violated a stupid policy, right? I deserve their items and my money back. They should have nothing because I'm the consumer and I'm always right.

That's the kind of mentality that makes me want to quit eBay. These sellers are not mega corporations - they're small time sellers. Cut them some slack and don't be a dick. If they hold up their end of the deal as a seller, hold yours up as a buyer. Inquire about a return and don't flip out if they don't allow it. 90% of good sellers will, so don't jump to a chargeback or resolution center case.
We both know why this mentality exists. I very rarely use ebay and still have had plenty of trouble. Nothing pisses me off worse than buying a blu ray new just to receive an open package with the UV codes redeemed. Same goes for statues where the boxes were hastily taped back together. I'm sure the same happens to amiibos a ton too. Of course, without fail, they always bitch and moan when I send their shit back and demand a full refund.

And yeah, selling preorders is a shitty move. As shitty as scalpers are, selling something that you don't physically have in hand is completely asinine, especially something as under produced and mismanaged as Nintendo's amiibo line. Though I agree with you that it's equally moronic for a buyer to purchase a pre-order from someone on ebay to begin with (assuming they know it's a preorder).

And I admit I lol'd at your comment about their "livelihood" depending on ebay. It may be a stereotype but I've yet to meet a single person who made a living on ebay who wasn't a complete "scam-artist" and just a total dickheaded tool all around. The types that sell office furniture for $1000+ without noting that it's "dollhouse" office furniture. I won't bat an eye to on any sort of chargeback or negative feedback on ebay if I think I've been screwed in the slightest. If that impacts their "livelihood lol" then I guess they can go find a real job. Too many people on that site try to get away with too much to make the site even worth using most of the time, so when I do I'm not gonna play nice lol.

Frankly I'm surprised there isn't a rampant amiibo counterfeit market on ebay. lord knows there are tons of counterfeits for the other statues I collect, and I've seen a couple counterfeit Wave 1's online (mostly Peach, though god knows why anyone would want to counterfeit a Peach). I wonder why there aren't a ton of counterfeit Wii Fit Trainers and whatnot running around?

FWIW ThatGuy is totally within his rights to demand a refund, especially if ebay estimated the amiibos would arrive a day before they were released. If the seller didn't have the means to deliver the amiibo pre-release he shouldn't have sold his pre-order so soon (or, you know, at all).

Last edited:
We both know why this mentality exists. I very rarely use ebay and still have had plenty of trouble. Nothing pisses me off worse than buying a blu ray new just to receive an open package with the UV codes redeemed. Same goes for statues where the boxes were hastily taped back together. I'm sure the same happens to amiibos a ton too. Of course, without fail, they always bitch and moan when I send their shit back and demand a full refund.

And yeah, selling preorders is a shitty move. As shitty as scalpers are, selling something that you don't physically have in hand is completely asinine, especially something like as under produced and mismanaged as Nintendo's amiibo line. Though I agree with you that it's equally moronic for a buyer to purchase a pre-order from someone on ebay to begin with (assuming they know it's a preorder).

And I admit I lol'd at your comment about their "livelihood" depending on ebay. It may be a stereotype but I've yet to meet a single person who made a living on ebay who wasn't a complete "scam-artist" and just a total dickheaded tool all around. The types that sell office furniture for $1000+ without noting that it's "dollhouse" office furniture. I won't bat an eye on any sort of chargeback on ebay if I think I've been screwed in the slightest. Too many people on that site try to get away with too much to make the site even worth using most of the time, so when I do I'm not gonna play nice lol.
When I was starting my company, eBay was my sole source of income. My wife is sick and can't work so we literally depended on it. For reference, I buy and sell old video games and media - I'm not an amiibo reseller. There's plenty of people like me that sell on eBay for whatever reason and we're not all idiots like thrift shop scanners or whomever you're lumping us all in with.

I don't sell on eBay much anymore (I tend to just sell at local anime cons as a hobby) but when I did sell I'd constantly get buyers who would treat me like dirt because there is some assumption that sellers are always out to get you (we're not). Contrary to popular belief, sellers have basically no power to scam you anymore. We can't leave negative feedback and eBay will pretty much always side with the buyer as far as a refund is concerned. I've been scammed once as a buyer and hundreds of times as a seller. More buyers are out to get sellers than the reverse. This isn't the late-90s/early-00s - the ball is entirely in the buyer's court.

All I'm saying is for the original poster to be polite to the seller until the seller gives him a reason to not be. Don't assume the worst and initiate a chargeback or open a case. Judging by current selling prices on R+L, I'm sure the seller would love to not sell them for $40 and instead sell them for even more. Contact your sellers politely before assuming they're out to rip you off - regardless of your feelings on "scalping".

I kinda wished they released the splatoon 3 pack with the game only just to say "fuck you" to scalpers.
I kinda wished people would have pre-ordered this 3 pack when they had multiple opportunities to instead of blaming everyone else for their lack of sense and laziness.

They bought something cheap and want to resell it.

Please take some time and look through the trading board here to see MANY people doing the same thing for not only Amiibos, but CEs, OOP games, retro etc.

BUT thats OK cause it's not Amiibo.

Yesterday's Nintendo Direct confirmed Chibi Robo for the states. You have to buy him in a bundle with the game.

from reddiit:

Greetings!

Today we have some quick little bits of information from a verified source who wishes to remain anonymous:

I bring news from Target HQ! We get a brief company update every morning by email and amiibo was one of the subjects today, here is the info that was passed along:

• When Jigglypuff preorders went live, the page received over a million views (second highest viewed item in target.com history clocked in at a mere 20,000)
  • Preorders sold at a whopping 500 per minute making Jigglypuff the fastest selling item in target.com history
  • Most importantly, I can confirm that Target WILL have another exclusive come wave 5, though which amiibo we will have has not been revealed to us.

As always, we'll update this post if we find out more.

Cheers,

MOT

from reddiit:

Greetings!

Today we have some quick little bits of information from a verified source who wishes to remain anonymous:

I bring news from Target HQ! We get a brief company update every morning by email and amiibo was one of the subjects today, here is the info that was passed along:

• When Jigglypuff preorders went live, the page received over a million views (second highest viewed item in target.com history clocked in at a mere 20,000)
  • Preorders sold at a whopping 500 per minute making Jigglypuff the fastest selling item in target.com history
  • Most importantly, I can confirm that Target WILL have another exclusive come wave 5, though which amiibo we will have has not been revealed to us.
As always, we'll update this post if we find out more.

Cheers,

MOT

Would be nice if they confirmed that more of them were coming... but nope. Instead, lets just let something that's clearly not going well get worse.

My prediction for Wave 5? We're going to see our first Amiibo related death.

Would be nice if they confirmed that more of them were coming... but nope. Instead, lets just let something that's clearly not going well get worse.

My prediction for Wave 5? We're going to see our first Amiibo related death.
That was an internal information from a email, that is not meant for the public. Exclusive at Toysrus and Target were fairly easy to get if you were able to show up on release day.

Wave 5 

Dark Pit - Best Buy

Palutena - Target

If those release on the same day, people will have to decide which place to camp out.  :razz:

I'd bet it's Palutena. Whatever. I have Dark Pit and Palutena reserved on Amazon JP. I just need Zero Suit Samus for Wave 5. Hopefully not a tall task.

That was an internal information from a email, that is not meant for the public. Exclusive at Toysrus and Target were fairly easy to get if you were able to show up on release day.
They definitely weren't here. Both exclusives were sold out at opening and there weren't enough for everyone in line.

Isn't Dark Pit and Palutena wave 5 since it's released in July?  And Bowser Jr, Gannondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Dr. Mario wave 6 since it's released in September? 

If Palutena and Dark Pit really are both retail exclusives, that both gives me hope and makes me nervous. Means people are only going to focus on those two retailers, meaning it'll be harder to get a preorder, but being as they won't be spreading stock among multiple retailers, I would hope they'd have a bigger stock than other exclusives in the past. This SSB wave has been such a headache.

They definitely weren't here. Both exclusives were sold out at opening and there weren't enough for everyone in line.
Yeah, not the case in my area either. Target did not have enough for people in line but TRU was completely the opposite, they had double the amt of greninja compared to the number of people in line.

Isn't Dark Pit and Palutena wave 5 since it's released in July? And Bowser Jr, Gannondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Dr. Mario wave 6 since it's released in September?
No, its all wave 5, just like they did with the wave 3 split...except they are splitting it several months this time and calling it the same wave lol. Japan and Europe are releasing them all together for the most part in June, without exclusives.

heres the list from reddit, looks like Japan/EU are doing June/July splits but pretty close together compared to the July/Sept split in the US.

JPN SSB Wave 5A June 11

EUR SSB Wave 5A June 26

EUR SSB Wave 5B July 17

USA SSB Wave 5A July

JPN SSB Wave 5B July 30

USA SSB Wave 5B Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back