Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be one of the few, but I could care less about collecting rare amiibos, and even less about about collecting a series/all. All I want are a few commons to use for MP10, mostly, and that's it. So, with that clarified, any current deals on common amiibos? My first one was a Yoshi less than $5 at Gamestop.
Even for the super commons, you're still looking at $8-$10 for loose or ones on sale. They are a huge collectors item, so don't expect to find a ton of them for super cheap

I may be one of the few, but I could care less about collecting rare amiibos, and even less about about collecting a series/all. All I want are a few commons to use for MP10, mostly, and that's it. So, with that clarified, any current deals on common amiibos? My first one was a Yoshi less than $5 at Gamestop.
Check GameStop, I'm not sure when it ends but a couple days ago they were running a sale where you buy 3 or more used you get 50% off.

Only really find deals on commons and those are few and far between. You can however find deals locally by buying lots. The older a rare amiibo is the higher the value typically. Honestly though start small and go from though. Trying to collect all of them will drive you insane!

Unless your rich then just check eBay :p
You don't really have to be rich to get the "rare" ones anymore. Prices have seriously nosedived due to the reprints/restocks. Not many are worth more than $40 right now. If I was to sell my complete set of all released US amiibo, I think I'd be lucky to get $1000 judging by eBay sold listings.

You don't really have to be rich to get the "rare" ones anymore. Prices have seriously nosedived due to the reprints/restocks. Not many are worth more than $40 right now. If I was to sell my complete set of all released US amiibo, I think I'd be lucky to get $1000 judging by eBay sold listings.
You misunderstood, allow me to crarify. If one wants to collect if money isn't an issue you can easily hop in by buying a lot on eBay with rares. My point is however be prepared to pay some real money.

I do agree with you though things have gotten cheaper. I think that's because out of box collectors like me don't care about country of origin and other regions are pumping them out like crazy. I haven't seen much change with NA figures though. But I don't follow it like a hawk.

For anyone who's imported from amazon.it

How can i track it? Or is that not possible.

ZZS,Ganondorf,Dark Pit,and Palutena have all shipped but not sure how to track it.

Right. Loose Little Macs used to be able to fetch upwards of $50, not you can import Japanese ones off ebay for around $25. Example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nintendo-3DS-Wii-U-Amiibo-Little-Mac-Super-Smash-Brothers-Japan-Import-F-S-/131436312179?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9a36f673

I'm kinda glad about this whole losing value thing. Now it's not impossible for people who have jobs or families or whatever would keep them from staying online refreshing nonstop to get one or resort to inflated Ebay prices because certain ones were so incredibly rare

You misunderstood, allow me to crarify. If one wants to collect if money isn't an issue you can easily hop in by buying a lot on eBay with rares. My point is however be prepared to pay some real money.

I do agree with you though things have gotten cheaper. I think that's because out of box collectors like me don't care about country of origin and other regions are pumping them out like crazy. I haven't seen much change with NA figures though. But I don't follow it like a hawk.
I'm not rich, and I haven't paid above MSRP for any of the amiibo. So, yeah I don't agree with this. Also, the reddit amiibo swap thread is amazing for getting those amiibo you need. Or trading away those rares fpor commons you haven't bought yet.

The value dropped a bit because of restocks, but not much, and there is no telling if they will continue to restock things regularly. The restocks haven't lasted much either lol, maybe a day or two even in Europe "the promised land." If people are paying scapler prices it's because they're impatient and need to have it now. I only started collecting with the Lucario wave, and now all I need is Dedede, Shulk and donkey kong to complete the Smash line so far.

I'm not rich, and I haven't paid above MSRP for any of the amiibo. So, yeah I don't agree with this. Also, the reddit amiibo swap thread is amazing for getting those amiibo you need. Or trading away those rares fpor commons you haven't bought yet.

The value dropped a bit because of restocks, but not much, and there is no telling if they will continue to restock things regularly. The restocks haven't lasted much either lol, maybe a day or two even in Europe "the promised land." If people are paying scapler prices it's because they're impatient and need to have it now. I started with the Lucario wave, and now all I need is Dedede, Shulk and donkey kong to complete the Smash line so far.
Unfortunately I must not be clear at all. Buying separate amiibo and lots are 2 different things. I haven't paid over msrp for any of my amiibo either so we agree on that point. What I am referring to though is that if you buy a "lot" (not a lot) on Craigslist or eBay you aren't going to get Villager or something included for close to retail.

The value dropped a bit because of restocks, but not much, and there is no telling if they will continue to restock things regularly. The restocks haven't lasted much either lol, maybe a day or two even in Europe "the promised land." If people are paying scapler prices it's because they're impatient and need to have it now. I only started collecting with the Lucario wave, and now all I need is Dedede, Shulk and donkey kong to complete the Smash line so far.
Not dropped much? US Little Mac went from $80+ to $35 - $40. Others took similar huge dips - Marth used to be $100+ and is now $50 - $60. Had I sold my collection after getting Wave 3 I could have gotten $1300 easily. Now, with nearly 20 more figures I'd be lucky to break $1100. Values are definitely tanking and they will continue to do so. I don't think Nintendo will truly discontinue any of these for a while.

You're in Detroit and you're asking if it's a great deal. I think you know the answer to that.
I'm also in the metro Detroit area. Any local will tell you the suburbs around detroit are just as safe as any other relatively crime free area around the country. Just stay out of the bad parts of the city.

I'm also in the metro Detroit area. Any local will tell you the suburbs around detroit are just as safe as any other relatively crime free area around the country. Just stay out of the bad parts of the city.
Right. Most all of the neighboring cities are as safe as any other city across the country. Hell, even Detroit isn't as bad as it used to be, but like you said, make sure you stay out of the ghetto areas and you should be fine.

With 50+ SSB figures it is my personal belief that Nintendo will not be able to keep reprinting them. When the Animal Crossing series and other new figures come out there is only going to be so much shelf space in the stores for older things.  If we make it to the end of the year without massive restocks of SSB around black friday then the set should go back up in value again quite a bit.  Right now is the time to buy.  NIB set completionists should buy up any remaining rare singles they are missing.  Everything is cheap.  Judging by the availability of reprints like Marth and WFT, tanking prices should see a massive rebound unless they are manufactured once again.  Give it a year.  Complete, new sets should become quite valuable if the reprints cease and new amiibo continue to be released.  New, collector sets should become 4x the value of opened sets.  Most importantly for right now, these rare figures are not going to be getting any cheaper than they are on the weeks the reprints are released.  Just my opinion. 

Right. Loose Little Macs used to be able to fetch upwards of $50, not you can import Japanese ones off ebay for around $25. Example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nintendo-3DS-Wii-U-Amiibo-Little-Mac-Super-Smash-Brothers-Japan-Import-F-S-/131436312179?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9a36f673

I'm kinda glad about this whole losing value thing. Now it's not impossible for people who have jobs or families or whatever would keep them from staying online refreshing nonstop to get one or resort to inflated Ebay prices because certain ones were so incredibly rare
If you have jobs and families and are spending that much time online trying to get a toy you should probably revisit your priorities.

With 50+ SSB figures it is my personal belief that Nintendo will not be able to keep reprinting them. When the Animal Crossing series and other new figures come out there is only going to be so much shelf space in the stores for older things. If we make it to the end of the year without massive restocks of SSB around black friday then the set should go back up in value again quite a bit. Right now is the time to buy. NIB set completionists should buy up any remaining rare singles they are missing. Everything is cheap. Judging by the availability of reprints like Marth and WFT, tanking prices should see a massive rebound unless they are manufactured once again. Give it a year. Complete, new sets should become quite valuable if the reprints cease and new amiibo continue to be released. New, collector sets should become 4x the value of opened sets. Most importantly for right now, these rare figures are not going to be getting any cheaper than they are on the weeks the reprints are released. Just my opinion.
Shelf space won't be a concern if reprints continue to happen in the miniscule numbers that they have been. As long as demand persists Nintendo will continue production.

I used to be in the "these will be valuable" camp but after seeing how many people are sitting on sealed figures (and in many cases multiples of certain characters) - I can't help but believe there is more sealed figures than opened. That's not going to lead to a healthy future market. Anyone speculating on these will probably end up disappointed.

It's always stuff no one else thinks to collect that will be valuable. If everyone thinks to collect the same stuff there really won't be much future rarity or value.

Shelf space won't be a concern if reprints continue to happen in the miniscule numbers that they have been. As long as demand persists Nintendo will continue production.

I used to be in the "these will be valuable" camp but after seeing how many people are sitting on sealed figures (and in many cases multiples of certain characters) - I can't help but believe there is more sealed figures than opened. That's not going to lead to a healthy future market. Anyone speculating on these will probably end up disappointed.

It's always stuff no one else thinks to collect that will be valuable. If everyone thinks to collect the same stuff there really won't be much future rarity or value.
You mean all my bagged comics from the 90s won't be worth tens of thousand?!?

You mean all my bagged comics from the 90s won't be worth tens of thousand?!?
Do they have foil covers? I'm pretty sure that means they are rare and valuable. If not, I'll probably have to explain to my wife that these piles of Xmen 2099 comics will not be putting our daughter through college.

i burned up my club Nintendo points on a couple of games i never played, and in one case even heard of before Amiibo. I got Kid Icarus and Earthbound. Never played a Kid Icarus game before, and never even heard of Earthbound prior to amiibos. Now if only I could find Pit and Ness I'd be set.

I used to be in the "these will be valuable" camp but after seeing how many people are sitting on sealed figures (an d in many cases multiples of certain characters) - I can't help but believe there is more sealed figures than opened. That's not going to lead to a healthy future market. Anyone speculating on these will probably end up disappointed.

Yep. While there may end up being one or two figures that end up maintaining some elevated demand, I can't see these being worth "All the money" in the future, especially if Nintendo plans to keep doing a slow-drip of new character DLCs, as that pretty much makes it so the Smash Brother Amiibo series never completely goes away.

If you have jobs and families and are spending that much time online trying to get a toy you should probably revisit your priorities.
If people start taking life advice from the likes of you, I'd think they'd need to revisit their priorities more so than for any other reason.

If people start taking life advice from the likes of you, I'd think they'd need to revisit their priorities more so than for any other reason.
I always find it funny that people think that amiibo collectors just sit around the computer all day pushing f5... How stupid is that, well maybe if your an in box NA NIB type person... But I can't see an out of box person caring about that... hell just import or go to eBay or Amazon paying 22 per amiibo and enjoy your collection lol

I always find it funny that people think that amiibo collectors just sit around the computer all day pushing f5... How stupid is that, well maybe if your an in box NA NIB type person... But I can't see an out of box person caring about that... hell just import or go to eBay or Amazon paying 22 per amiibo and enjoy your collection lol
I'm an amiibo collector. I take them out of the boxes, but I collect them. I wouldn't see a problem with keeping them in box. I also have a 9-5 job and a significant other whom I live with and spend lots of my time with. She also enjoys amiibo.

Maybe don't be a judgmental jerkass. Hm? Can we all agree to not care what other people do with their time if they're not hurting anyone?

Yeah, I have noticed they have come down a lot lately on Amazon Japan. You can pretty much just order any Amiibo you want for 1600-2000 Yen ($13-16).

Many do. Go to the Amiibo Reddit thread or any other sites that specialize. They will literally be discussing how they F5 for hours in hopes of a figure coming up.

But damn, what if it ships and the corner is bent? What will they fap too? It;s gotta be MINT.

I'm an amiibo collector. I take them out of the boxes, but I collect them. I wouldn't see a problem with keeping them in box. I also have a 9-5 job and a significant other whom I live with and spend lots of my time with. She also enjoys amiibo.

Maybe don't be a judgmental jerkass. Hm? Can we all agree to not care what other people do with their time if they're not hurting anyone?
It's funny how many people use that very same excuse. How is it people have a full time job, a wife with a girlfriend on the side, 3 children, volunteer at the soup kitchen on the weekends and tend to their elderly parents and still have time to somehow get "2 sets - one to stay sealed and one to open for even the rarest ones and never pay over MSRP"? My guess is people who say they don't f5 websites and got 2 of every single one from every single set are lying douchebags.

I'm not claiming to have a super busy life, but my fair-weather collecting of these things still forced me to pay over MSRP for a good 6/33. Not bad considering I got a damn full set of the Smash line and lucky with being online (right after work) when some of the rare FE ones went live.

It's funny how many people use that very same excuse. How is it people have a full time job, a wife with a girlfriend on the side, 3 children, volunteer at the soup kitchen on the weekends and tend to their elderly parents and still have time to somehow get "2 sets - one to stay sealed and one to open for even the rarest ones and never pay over MSRP"? My guess is people who say they don't f5 websites and got 2 of every single one from every single set are lying douchebags.

I'm not claiming to have a super busy life, but my fair-weather collecting of these things still forced me to pay over MSRP for a good 6/33. Not bad considering I got a damn full set of the Smash line and lucky with being online (right after work) when some of the rare FE ones went live.
Location sometimes makes the biggest difference I would say. I fit in that criteria where I literally walked into a BB and found a Marth and 2 Meta Knights. I lack a PC but have a smartphone and when people started posting up about the restock, I walked in with SKUs in hand and they helped me out. I missed every Amazon flicker for obvious reasons (3 kids and i work for the government) so I'm waiting for someone to say if there is a restock of some sort for the new wave.

Anyways, let's keep our personal matters to ourselves and know some will be lucky than others and take advantage of how they use their time and resources. Bad enough ive seen so many Craggers posting pics of 15 puffs and greninja and that is super upsetting. How the hell do they pull that off?!?

Guys, do you know when 8 bit Classic Mario amiibo will be up for pre-otder? and which is the best method to score one? Sorry if this are noob questions but I'm new to this whole amiibo pre-order thing. Thanks!

Guys, do you know when 8 bit Classic Mario amiibo will be up for pre-otder? and which is the best method to score one? Sorry if this are noob questions but I'm new to this whole amiibo pre-order thing. Thanks!
1) Hahahahaha.

2) Sacrificing a baby for a +1% chance.

Location sometimes makes the biggest difference I would say. I fit in that criteria where I literally walked into a BB and found a Marth and 2 Meta Knights. I lack a PC but have a smartphone and when people started posting up about the restock, I walked in with SKUs in hand and they helped me out. I missed every Amazon flicker for obvious reasons (3 kids and i work for the government) so I'm waiting for someone to say if there is a restock of some sort for the new wave.

Anyways, let's keep our personal matters to ourselves and know some will be lucky than others and take advantage of how they use their time and resources. Bad enough ive seen so many Craggers posting pics of 15 puffs and greninja and that is super upsetting. How the hell do they pull that off?!?
Some guys have IT. Just like, no matter how bad the economy is, they're always people with six figure plus salaries, their horse always comes in first, odds be damned, and no matter how overfished the lake is, they catch enough to open a seafood restaurant. Why? IT! Same thing here.

I read that entire paragraph as "I-T" (as in Information Technology). Made me chuckle when I realized you were saying "it" and not "IT" ;)
I think we all did. I just assumed he had his tech support guys on amiibo duty or programming bots to buy them from Amazon or something.

I think people just want Wii Fit Trainer because she's rare. Very few people actually use her in smash, although the people that do can do some mad damage.

I think people just want Wii Fit Trainer because she's rare. Very few people actually use her in smash, although the people that do can do some mad damage.
This is the case with all amiibo, toys, collectible items. People may want it for themselves but people want it more b/c its rare. And that's what drives sales of other items in the field.

WFT was the only one I bought at launch, she was the one I really wanted.

Might have been posted but just in case it hasn't, looks like HORI is making some decent looking Amiibo cases...not really practical in size or price for full set collectors but cool for a figure or two for sure.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YSAXP0U/ref=s9_newr_gw_d22_g63_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-2&pf_rd_r=1YSFZXDRYWGJYHN460QX&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2091268722&pf_rd_i=desktop
Oof, what a rough price. The PDP cases for Disney Infinity figures retails for $15 (and can often be found for less) and that's a pack of three. $8 for one is rough to swallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back